Start by marking “Deceit (Stellar Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deceit (Stellar Series, #1)

Deceit

(Stellar #1)

Alexa Jenkinson is a self-appointed class nerd with no friends. Lately, her only excitement comes in the form of a tall, dark, and handsome Greek-like god, who visits her every night in her dreams. On top of the strange dreams, she can't help but think she's leading the wrong life. She believes that her mundane existence is the average teenager's worst nightmare.

When the
ebook, 3, 170 pages
Published June 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceit

Start your review of Deceit (Stellar Series, #1)
Melissa
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If new authors make you nervous, don't let that stop you from reading this YA coming of age sci-fi book by new author Rebecca Clark. The characters, though many, are great and well defined. You will have no problems keeping track of them. I'm hoping to learn more about some of them in future books. Alexa is your typical teenager. She's insecure, self conscious and shy. The author does a good job sticking with her attitude throughout the book. Sometimes a character will change unrealistically as ...more
Sylvia
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book is very right. Deceit is everywhere and there are a lot of sad moments and you really live with Alexa in her pain.
I will not tell more because then I can easily give spoilers away and that is not very good here.
So you can just read the book and enjoy.
storybookreader
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Alexa. She's 16 and lives in a small town with her mother. She's a high school nerd, a loner, and never expects anyone to pay her much attention. Then, the new guy at school, a gorgeous guy, starts hanging around her, talking to her, then asking her to tutor him, just so he can be close to her. She questions his behaviour, wondering why on earth he'd notice her at all! He could get any girl at school! But, she can't help herself from falling into those big brown eyes. How on ...more
Paula  Phillips
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
It's interesting that often certain books can attract us due to what we feel in our personal lives as the main character Alexa in Rebecca Clark's new book Deceit was a nerd and a girl who didn't have any friends and found it hard to fit in at school and for me , I was like that - I had a few friends but they were more so acquaintances and I was viewed as a nerd as I loved reading and spent all my time in the library. So whenever I see books that have this kind of characteristic I am drawn to ...more
KayeC Jones
This was a strange story. I usually love strange stories, but this was strange in a I'm-not-trying-to-be-strange way. No matter what the main character did, I didn't like her, and I always try to get behind the main protagonist in a story I'm reading.

There were quite a few annoying things in this book. For one, the main character, Alexa, was always fainting. Do people really faint all that much? It seems to put odd pauses in the story. Second, the plot seemed forced into the number of pages,
Tonja Drecker
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a nice, light fantasy, coming of age story, which is sure to hook high school romance fans. The main character, Alexa, is a nerd, but the author still gives her a great attitude which makes her easy to like and fun to follow. Although she starts out relatively shy, there's a definite character development which had me really liking her by the last page.

At under 150 pages, this is a short read, perfect for a bedtime read. The plot moves along nicely, and I had no problem reading this from
Charity
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 12 years, 2 days until 13!

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was wonderful!

My favorite character is Alexa because she is smart (according to her "nerd" status), kind and brave. Instead of giving up, she works harder.
Tallie
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this story. I felt bad for Alexa. No one would give that girl a straight answer!
Jessica
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok, good for a teen

This book was just ok. I think it was written for more of a tween/teen audience. There’s a lot of back and forth, not knowing who to trust and we don’t really find out about Alexa’s powers at all, just that weird things happen when she sleeps.
It’s a pass for future books for me.
Kristin Dutt
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Must say I'm a bit disappointed it was so short being under 150 pages but for the price you can't beat it but think maybe if it had more in it would have pushed this to a 5 star rating from me. This is a light read very YA friendly coming of age story with a not so normal main character Alexa. Have to admit it was nice not having a female lead character not whine so that was refreshing. Of course it seems these days there has to be some type of love triangle so expect one here.

For the most part
Melissa Flicks
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a good book - perfect for YA audience. Alexia seems like your every day teen, stumbling through school trying to find her place in the world. I've read a few reviews where some have mentioned Alexia being a bit whiny - well, you know what? Most teens are whiny, lol. I found Alexia easy to relate to and enjoyed how she develops throughout the story.

Julie Reece
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. Well, except that my 17 year old daughter "borrowed" it, and then she could not put it down. I had to wait for her to finish. It is a page-turner. The characters are delightful, engaging and relatable. We (my daughter and I) can't wait for the sequel to find out what happens next....
Grim Lolita
I would give this 1.5 stars as it's ok, but I really didn't like it. From the description, it sounded good and I was curious to find out who her dream man was and what made her different. I completely didn't expect the story to go the way it did, but unfortunately, I didn't like the story or the characters.
Jayme Beddingfield
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adore Alexia, and really enjoyed how she grew throughout the story. From the first chapter to the last, the story was engaging, fun, and an exciting fantasy adventure. I can't wait for the next one in the series!
Heather Hartsell
Jul 25, 2019
Melissa
Oct 20, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Less than Stellar

The story moves way to quickly and some aspects of the story seem too farfetched. I like a love triangle, but this book is lacking a certain quality of character.
Candace Tidwell
Oct 04, 2016
Chrissy
rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Thinking in Pictures: My Life with Autism

Stellar (3 books)
  • Disorder (Stellar #2)
  • Duty (Stellar Series #3)