Start by marking “Mount Haven” as Want to Read:
Mount Haven

Mount Haven

When evil finds her, will the hunters become the prey?
Rowdy Cooper was born into a family of cops, and he loves the family business. Then, one night, everything changes. He is shot in the line of duty and forced to retire. Depressed and a little lost, he moves to a sleepy little Montana town called Mount Haven. But, will the move prove therapeutic or lethal?

Bailey’s on the
ebook
Published October 31st 2015 by MPSmith Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mount Haven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mount Haven

Sharon Brownlie
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I did not have to think twice about rating Mount Haven as five star. It is well deserved. At 441 pages it seemed lengthy but I can tell you that you are getting great value for money. As I read, the pages were turned/flicked continuously and I didn't notice how quickly I was getting through the ebook. It had everything I look for in a book, great storyline, characters, a dog and writing of a high standard.

Characterisation and development was spot on. Rowdy is a great character, his life style an
Jennifer Reynolds
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mount Haven is a quiet town in Montana, and the perfect place for the Cooper brothers, Andy and Rowdy, to settle after Rowdy, the younger of the two, is seriously injured on the job. Little do they know that their quiet life wouldn’t stay quiet for long when two serial rapists/murders set their sights on the new manager of Rowdy’s bar and grill.
I loved everything about this novel—the relationship between the two brothers being my favorite. Their banter is hilarious, and their love for each othe
Max Power
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well done author, you got me with a romance. I am nor a fan of romance books as 9 out of 10 bore me to death. This is a book that rose above the rest for me. I don't bother reading reviews before I read a book nor do I even get too excited about the blurb. To be honest the blurb wouldn't have got me excited here but that is my only criticism apart from the fact that anyone is called Rowdy. Really good writing here and by that I mean, it is not just technically good, but Melanie has written a gre ...more
PelicanFreak
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly... addicting.
When it opens, we meet Rowdy and his brilliant partner and I'm already set on edge wondering if they're both going to get out of the sticking situation that soon arises...

I'm later treated to a great cast of brilliantly designed characters who are all not too far into the process of starting over in a small town, and whose paths cross or are... intermingled is more like it.
It makes you think "everything happens for a reason" as things just ... coincide.

We're also
Roy
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I like a good police story. I've read most of Joseph Wambaugh's books and enjoy them very much, especially his earlier works. You can tell immediately he is very knowledgeable of the inner workings of police work, and it reflects in his writing.

Recently I read Mount Haven by Melanie P Smith. The cover didn't shout police story but I was intrigued by a small icon of handcuffs in the title. What a pleasant surprise this book was. Mount Haven is a police story, a good police story, told by an auth
Tom Benson
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The only thing to make retirement worse for a career cop, is to be compelled to retire through injury. In this tale of suspense, romance, action, and death, a remote town becomes the hub of a wide variety of relationships.
The cast of characters includes the injured retiree, his serving brother and family, people hiding from their pasts, psychopaths, and a smattering of others, who all play a part in the interconnecting drama. Let us not forget the retired cop’s sidekick, Knight, an ex-cop K9.
The
Kathy Kunkel
Mount Haven was one of my favorite books so far. I love the novel and hope you will do more of these types of cop novels. I do not have very much time to read at all, but when I do there is nothing like a good paperback book. I was hooked as soon as I started reading it and finished it on my recent camping trip. I love this novel and your dedication page so keep this series going Melanie.
Patty Mele
Lisa
Jan 01, 2019
Linda Snow
Jan 13, 2019

Melanie P. Smith went to Dixie Collage and the University of Phoenix where she received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management. She also has a Postgraduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Negotiation from the University of Utah. She worked for the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office for over 26 years, most of that time was in the Special Operations Division. She was part o