Start by marking “Grace: Bride of Montana (American Mail-Order Bride #41)” as Want to Read:
Grace: Bride of Montana (American Mail-Order Bride #41)

Grace: Bride of Montana

(American Mail-Order Brides #41)

Practical Grace Davenport thought she had her life all planned, including picking out the perfect husband. But she couldn’t have predicted the disaster that changed everything, leaving her no choice but to become a mail-order bride to a most imperfect man.

Published December 29th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grace

Start your review of Grace: Bride of Montana (American Mail-Order Bride #41)
Nana
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jilted by false pretense, causes a change in her life.

Taking a big risk and heading out west to be a mail order bride; brings two together as they overcome past issues and open up to one another.
Vikki Vaught
3.5 Stars

This is a sweet story with likable characters and a well thought out plot. I would have liked a bit more depth in the hero and heroine, but it's an enjoyable read nonetheless. Happy reading!
romancejunkie
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Narrated by: Lara Asmundson
Series: American Mail-Order Brides, Book 41
Length: 3 hrs and 45 mins
This is a story about two people who have been hurt in the past working to build a true relationship after the heroine learns that what she was hoping for in her life won't happen in the most awful manner. It shows the struggles of Frey and Grace as they work out their insecurities and doubts to realize they were both in love with one another. Such a sweet love story!!!!!
Lori D
This was simply wonderful. Debra Holland has written a story of the how life can take you on a different path, but it was the one you needed all along. Grace is one of the girls who lost their job from the factor they worked in burning down. Through a series of events she ends up a mail order bride to a man in Montana, Frey had been working hard to build his business and he advertised for a mail order bride. These two meet and it is a journey or friendship and understanding that leads love. The ...more
Dana Dobias
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting Novella That Fits with Multiple Series.

This is a story of a Mail-Order bride, Grace and her husband, Frey. It fits well with both the Mail-Oerder Brides of the West series and the Sweetwater Springs series. It looks like I will start to read the American Mail-Order Brides series. My only disappointment with this book is it's only 10 chapters leaving little time for details or other characters.
George
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible
Western historical romance of little note. It's clean and sweet. The plot could have happened anywhere at any time, except for the mail order part of it. Except for Grace, the characters are familiar as this is number 41 of 50 in the series. After a few books, the series is growing tedious.
Betty Davidge
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A short,sweet,love story.....

Graces story of finding love is innocent,sweet pleasure for the reader. Short and completely well written by Debra Holland.
She shines at coming up with adventures her characters some how seem to triumph through. Continue on Ms. Holland.... Please!!
barbara saylor
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the exchange between Frey and Grace. I have read all the bride's of the west book bad liked Grace and Berths the best.

The book was an easy read. Grace was typical. Frey was great. So glad they found each other. Love and the west go hAnd and hand.
Sharon
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: qwn-it
Really enjoyed this book, but do feel it was too brief. Just when the story was improving and starting to hit it's stride, it ended.
Karen Sheldon
Apr 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Such a nice preview novel to the start of the Montana Series.
Marcia Hillegeist
Sep 19, 2020 rated it liked it
A man with a plan, and a girl looking for a new life. He was very sweet to her.
Heather C
Grace’s story is technically book number 41 in the 50 books series American Mail-Order Brides; but don’t be fooled by this statement, you do not need to read them in any order. Each bride is simply from a different state in the United States. Grace is the bride of Montana – although her story starts in Massachusetts and with a sort of tragic story.

Grace sets her mind on becoming a mail-order bride because the company she works for burns down and her romantic prospects take a huge flop. She is de
Linda
Mine to protect. Mine to cherish.

GRACE: BRIDE OF MONTANA by Debra Holland is a truly lovely clean western historical romance! Before I even delved into it, I was captivated by the extra personal touches that were incorporated into this installment including that the author, herself, is featured on the cover AND that the dog in the story is patterned after the dog who owns the hunky male model featured on the cover with Debra. As with all of her books in this series, this book works exceedingly
Annie
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Frey and Grace are such a lovely couple. It was wonderful reading their story. It made me think of the saying, "When God closes a door, He opens a window."

At the beginning, my heart broke for Grace because she was preyed upon when she was vulnerable. I fell in love with her strength and character. She was able to take charge of her life and not allow her heartache to stop her. Frey is a wonderful gentle giant who is impossible not to love but it was
Gertie who stole my heart.

I have two favorite
Jennifer Guffey
Grace: Bride of Montana (American Mail-Order Bride #41)
By: Debra Holland
4/5 stars

Grace had been saving and planning for her marriage, just as soon as her beau landed himself another contract, which would be enough for them to start their new marriage. But she finds out later that he’s married and took advantage of her naiveté. So she takes her only recourse, and becomes a mail-order bride.

Frey is a gentle-giant and a master builder. He is getting in on the ground level of an expanding town. He s
Anna
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heartbroken and scared, left with nothing, Grace has no choice but to leave and become a mail order bride. And Montana looks like the perfect place.

Frey is lonely and longs to share his life so he places his add for a bride. And upon meeting her he is immediately smitten. But will she be able to fall in love with him, a giant of a man and be happy?

With the struggles of the west and their own insecurities, they must work together to lay a foundation of friendship and love. And with friends like
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible, historical
Grace by Debra Holland

A charming mail order bride novella. It has heart, rejection, and friendship as key elements. I appreciated how Grace, the heroine, sees Frey with an animated personality, gesturing with his whole body. His amenable lightness in personality becomes very apparent in his comment of how he did a "Spectacular job of choosing friends".

I really enjoyed reading the afterward by the author. She talks about how the cover and the model became part of the story. It makes you feel incl
Marty Moore
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grace: Bride of Montana

I really enjoyed this story; it is in the Sweetwater Springs series, as well as the American Mail-Order Bride series. It never ceases to amaze me how Debra Holland can come up with the great story lines that she does. Each story is so unique and interesting that I get lost in reading them.
I strongly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical romance. You can't go wrong with a Debra Holland book!
Alexandria
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grace's life gets turned upside down when the factory where she is working is destroyed and the man she was planning to marry already has a wife. She decides to become a mail order bride.

Grace travels to Sweetwater Springs Montana. I was able to catch up with another mail order bride, Trudy, from another book by Debra Holland.

I enjoyed reading about Grace's journey west and how she handles all of the challenges in her life.
Julia David
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grace had a good job and was in love. Then everything fell apart. The factory where she worked burned down and she found out the man she was going to marry was already married. She decided that she needed to move away and answered an ad for a mail order bride. She doesn't think that she will be able to really love her new husband as she should, but she would try. Her new husband is so wonderful, she just might start believing in love again.
Miriam Rivera
I've always loved Debra Hollands book but this one seems a bit more special. Grace is a sweet girl who travels west because she realized the man she loved was a deceitful person. The difference with all the mail order brides books s the hero in the story. He is so wonderful, sweet and just so lovable from the very beginning. It's just a beautiful written book that will captivate you until the very end.
Nancy Hammons
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Debra Holland has once again written a story that I truly love. Grace and Frey and Gertie were made to be together. I like that some of the other people of Sweetwater Springs were there as well as Trudy and Seth, with them involved Grace's worries were for not. I also appreciate the introduction of Emily Dickinson poems and I never knew those wonderful houses were called "Foursquare" design.
Robin Malek
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I was not expecting such an excellent story with such interesting characters who are beyond belief. I LOVED this book and the whole series. Thank you Debra and all of the authors who contributed.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Happy Story

I really enjoyed Grace's story. She had a few things to o overcome and Frey gave her the space she needed. I like that he was a kind and caring soul in the body of a Viking. I also loved Gertie. She added her own canine flair to the story.
Kasey
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a nice and a quick read. I greatly enjoyed the characters and their story. The story is familiar but not so much that it bothered me. It was fun to read about the author's inspiration for the story at the end and that the other characters in the story can be found in other books.
Sharon L. Mason
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grace

I loved this book! It brought me back to some old friends like Trudy. I have read all the Montana Sky series. Also the !ail order bride books by Debra Holland and have loved them all!
Cindy
This series was my first experience with multiple authors working together to write a series on a large scale. I enjoyed every book in the series and found several new authors that I hadn't read before.
Donna Rogers
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read!!!

I really enjoyed this book, I couldn't put it down!! Her poor husband must of had a sworn arm from her smacking him all the time lol
EvilAntie Jan
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Love Debra Holland's work ! The flow and the characters make for a very delightful read. The two characters.Grace and Frey make you believe in love.
Dawn Ake
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Easy reading book

Starting reading this book during the holiday /vacation time I had at the end of the year. Debra 's writing style keeps one interested in the story

• Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #2; McCutcheon Family, #3)
  • Kathryn (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #6; McCutcheon Family, #6)
  • Heather (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #3; McCutcheon Family, #4)
  • Montana Courage (McCutcheon Family, #9)
  • Montana Promise (McCutcheon Family Series Book 10)
  • Moon Over Montana (McCutcheon Family, #5)
  • Texas Lonesome (McCutcheon Family #8)
  • Montana Snowfall (McCutcheon Family, #7)
  • Texas Twilight (McCutcheon Family, #2)
  • Montana Dawn (McCutcheon Family, #1)
  • Sourdough Creek
  • Winter Winds of Wyoming (A Prairie Hearts Novel Book 7)
  • Where Wind Meets Wave (Prairie Hearts, #6)
  • Whispers on the Wind (Prairie Hearts, #5)
  • Under a Falling Star (Prairie Hearts #4)
  • West Winds of Wyoming (Prairie Hearts, #3)
  • Before the Larkspur Blooms (Prairie Hearts, #2)
  • Heart of Mine (Colorado Hearts, #3)
USA Today Bestselling author Debra Holland is a three-time Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist and one time winner. She’s the author of the award winning Montana Sky Series, sweet, historical Western romance. Book Two, Starry Montana Sky, was selected by Amazon as one of 50 Greatest Love Stories. Debra is also the author of The Gods’ Dream Trilogy, fantasy romance. Painted Montana Sky ...more

American Mail-Order Brides (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Lottie: Bride of Delaware (American Mail-Order Bride #1)
  • Willow: Bride of Pennsylvania (American Mail-Order Bride, #2)
  • Hope: Bride of New Jersey (American Mail-Order Bride, #3)
  • Mollie: Bride of Georgia (American Mail-Order Bride #4)
  • Edwina: Bride of Connecticut (American Mail-Order Bride #5)
  • Beth: Bride of Massachusetts (American Mail-Order Bride #6)
  • Adelaide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bride #7)
  • Jessie: Bride of South Carolina (American Mail-Order Bride #8)
  • Rachel: Bride of New Hampshire (American Mail-Order Bride #9)
  • Katie: Bride of Virginia (American Mail-Order Bride #10)