Start by marking “Water Wishes (Water, #2)” as Want to Read:
Water Wishes (Water, #2)

Water Wishes (Water #2)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
The final book in the Water Series.

Candice Carson, was a best-selling author, who thought she had found her happily ever after. She found a great guy in, Jaxson Monroe, and married him. But her deceased fiance who was not dead walked into the church and ruined her plans.

Jaxson Monroe, a NYPD detective, knew that Candice was the love of his life, but when his best friend
Published January 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Water Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water Wishes

My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have not cried, yelled WTF and been so happy with the ending of a book in a long time!!!

Water Wishes is the second book in the Water series by Elizabeth York. As a blogger, we are introduced to many different authors that we may not have discovered (one of my favorite things about blogging). Elizabeth York's Water Wishes came through my blog email and I immediately contacted Elizabeth's team to see if I could read the ARC. I was so excited when I found it on my kindle on New Years Eve. Reading
Elizabeth
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
My time came to put a close on the story of Candice and Jax. They had a hell of a journey, but I think their struggle made them stronger and they will be better in the end. I know there are some events you didn't agree with, and wanted to throw things at me, but it just had to happen that way.

I didn't make a third book because I didn't want my characters to struggle anymore than they had. Sometimes you just have to give them what they need and I did by closing the story in book two.

Will you ev
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)

Well this is the continuation of Candice Carson's story... you remember the one..

In the last book she loses her fiancé... and she about dies trying to survive that loss... and if it weren't for the love and friendship of his best friend Jaxson Monroe.. she would have never recovered... oh and that friendship turned into a love story that you just knew would be amazing... so they get married...

Oh yeah.. that story.. the one where her dead fiance walks in at the wedding!!  yeah, no biggie right
DJ Sakata
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

“I wanted to make her fertilizer and plant a rose garden over her, but I was going to be the bigger person.”

“Chase seemed to pop up like a pimple on prom night. Always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and you don’t know how the hell he got there.”

“My mom used to say if something is weighing on you. Then go watch something worse and you will be grateful for the minor issue you started with.”

My Review:

I struggled in determining how to rate this series. This series is what I wo
Franci Neill
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Enthralling Stars!!!

This is book 2 in the Water Series by Elizabeth York and the second book I've read by Ms. York. I thought I knew her writing having read Wishing on the Water, but I didn't because this book was so beautifully written. Ms. York's ability to draw me into the middle of the story with such ease and grace.

Jaxson once again proved why he's so swoonworthy and that he really does know Candice almost better than she knows herself. Having Chase return really put a monkey wrench in
Brianna Reynolds
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc for an honest review for Read to Me Book Blog.

We start off this story in a solemn place where Candice's life had been flipped upside down at the end of book one. Jaxson is one of a kind. He fought for her until the very moment she asked him to stop, and then he decided to stop fighting for her where she could see it. He was AMAZING on their honeymoon and even built her a library. (I need him as my husband)

But...

Chase's return had burrowed itself so deep into Candice that she
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this arc for an honest review and boy are you in for a treat. I absolutely adored and was slightly infatuated with the first in the series Wishing on the Water. That book rocked me to the core, and I thought it couldn't be topped until today.

Water Wishes is the continuation of Candice and Jax.

I won't give away any spoilers because where is the fun in that. I will however kneel at the feet of Ms. York as a top story-teller. I would follow her anywhere as long as she had a laptop in h
Laura Hampton~iScream Books~
Yet another awesome read from Indie author Elizabeth York. More readers need to get their hands on her books. She is the queen of suspense and roller coaster rides. Every character plays a crucial role in her stories. Leaving you on the edge of your seat, wondering what will happen next and then BAM, something you would have never thought hits you right in the gut.

Well written, filled with angst, second chances, oh shit moments, just the right amount of steamy sex and alpha males you just want t
Hooker Heels Book Blog
**4.5 Nail Biting Kitten Heels**

I swear this girl literally loves to frustrate me. One page I want to strangle her, while the next I would kiss her if she were in my presence. Alas, that is the magic that is Elizabeth York. The girl has a gift and she damn sure isn’t afraid to use it. Jax and Candy’s story continues in this sequel to Wishing on the Water. With the return of old ghosts, their happiness is put on hold. While trying to discover what the future will hold for the couple, their love i
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional rollercoaster#!

What a ride, whew I didn't think it was ever going to end! I did love this book, but Candice's indecisiveness was driving me crazy. Jax is beyond patient with her and if I had a man who loves me the way Jax loved her, you can bet your bottom dollar I would never run away him.. Ms. York is a new author to me, and I will definitely be reading her future books..
Carolyn
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Good!

Wow...be prepared for lots of twists and turns and hot steamy scenes. My head and heart is still reeling from this one.
Perusing Princesses

Smut Hut
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG you are left hanging with your mouth open at the end of book 1 and then you read this book. Holy heck was this an emotional rollercoaster filled with passion and suspense. Candy and Jax went through hell in this book and I was finally glad to see the way it ended. The author really had me on my toes and I truly thought this was going to turn to the worse. I don't want to give away details of the book cause you will definitely need to read this series by this author, but I gotta say I still a ...more
Hailee
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really.... Elizabeth..... Really?

RJ?

Of all the people in all the character worlds....

Lol, okay now that I got that off my chest I can post my review.

I love Elizabeth York's style of writing, and I say that with confidence as many cannot seem to draw me into the story enough to make me want to finish it. This book had action, suspense, love, loss, and even some hot sex. It had everything I ever wanted in a story. That being said though I was on the fence as to who she should choose.

Jax was th
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
WHAT A WAY TO FOLLOW UP BOOK 1......MAGNIFICENT!!!!!

Elizabeth York has done it again!!!!! She has written the conclusion to Wishing On The Water, using the exact same techniques and once again she has kept me fascinated ffrom beginning to end. Yet again I was taken on a rollercoaster ride as far as my emotions were concerned....and I loved every minute of it!!!!!

This book picks up right where Book 1 concluded.....Chase, the supposed dead fiance, has returned and what an entrance he makes!!!! Fro
Kelsey
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to review both books within a short time frame from one another. The first novel in the series, Wishing on the Water will blow your mind. I was so shocked by the ending, I wasn't 100% sure what to think, nor how to write a review on it. I will say this much about that novel; it will have you chomping at the bit to get to book 2, Water Wishes. I was equally as shocked in this novel, and was quite frankly, really pleased by it as well. A well written novel, Elizabeth York wil ...more
Leanna
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Warning: please keep your hands and arms inside this Emotional roller coaster ride!!! Wow what an amazing book. Just when I thought book one in this series could not be beat, I'm afraid I was wrong. The suspense was insane, the drama was perfect, and the humor was marvelous. Oh the hilarious witty things Candice says will have you almost in tears from laughing. I loved this and her so much. This book is fast paced, fresh, and very fun. If you have long fingernails you may want to cut them now, b ...more
Sunny
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked these books a little bit better than Darra did. We did talk while we were reading them and our feelings on Candice are the same. I might even put her higher in my hated female characters than Bella Swam and Ana Steele. I understand her being confused and not sure what to do with her feelings for Jax but honestly after she found out some things regarding Chase, some things should have been easier for her. I absolutely loved Jax. He was great and totally put up with too much crap from Cand ...more
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
***** April's 5 Star Review ***** 5 Dreams and Screams

Jaxson Monroe, a NYPD detective, knew that Candice was the love of
from the grave to take his new wife all bets are off.

Will their new love survive the old familiar love?
Will best friends make amends or will
April Johnson
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Jaxson Monroe, a NYPD detective, knew that Candice was the love of
from the grave to take his new wife all bets are off.

Will their new love survive the old familiar love?
Will best friends make amends or will it end six feet under?

"If stars can't hold your wish
United Indie Book Blog
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I will say this, this isn't a standalone, you need to read book 1 before this one or otherwise you won't know everything that happened or the wild twist. It does begin right after the book 1 ended which was good.
I can only use one word to describe this book.... CLUSTERFUCK!!!!!!!! But don't let this stop you from reading this book.
I liked Candice in the first book but she drove me crazy in this one. So wishy-washy and always running. She had something incredible but kept throwing it away. It t
Judy Miracle
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WHY OH WHY ARE WE LIMITED TO ONLY 5 STARS???????!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

How is Elizabeth York not a Best Selling Author?!?! Seriously people if you have not read her books you are missing out!!!!

Okay Water Wishes.. This book had me all over the damn place... wanting to laugh, cry and literally throat punch someone. But then again all of the books by Elizabeth have brought these emotions out in me and so much more.

This is the continuation of Jax and Candy's story and OH MY what an ending it was!!!! I m
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I have to say I have read A LOT of books even more this past year and I can honestly tell you that very few had me so emotionally invested in it. I swear my heart was pounding from all the emotions I was feeling. I swear that I felt such a wide range of emotions. Even still I get all worked up when I talk about this book and I in NO way mean this in a bad way. I absolutely LOVED this book. Both of the books in the Water series are going to my all time favorites list. There were times were I was ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Melanie
(4.5 stars)

Part 2 in the Water Series. You MUST read Book 1 first, or you will be completely lost and pretty much nothing will make sense.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how to word a review without giving away spoilers, lol.

This book starts from the exact point Wishing on Water finished, right as someone believed to be long gone makes an unexpected appearance as Candice and Jax have just said I do!

The book as expected revolves around Candy trying to get her head ro
Amy  Crull
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Melanie
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The book as expected revolves around Candy trying to get her head round what has happened and whe
Books Laid Bare
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book of 2016 and it will probably still be in my top ten by the time I am welcoming in 2017 – this is a book that you just cannot put down and nor should you, it is an amazing read and one that I simply adored.
The book has everything you could need, it is funny (seriously really funny at times), it has attitude by the bucket load and it is packet to the rafters with drama and suspense.
I doubt there is another ounce of emotion that the author could have squeezed into the pages –
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Author Elizabeth York has done it again with this touching story ,I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this story .The suspense's in this novel is like a roller coaster ride that has you screaming more. The characters every one of them plays a special part in this story that will wanting more of them. Be prepared to be on the edge of your sit ,well wondering what will happen next and with who. Then "BOOM" something you very expected got you. This author has given us angst, second chances, and some ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

"If stars can't hold your wishes and water only drowns them, then who do you turn to when your faith loses it way?"

Candice Carson is finally moving on after the death of her fiance, Chase. Marrying her childhood best friend, Jaxson Monroe, is what she wants more than anything. Until they are announced married and the fiance they all though dead shows up at the church. Candice is a runner and that's what she's good at. Now she has to make the impossible decision of who to choose.
Jaxson Monroe is
Gail
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMFG...WOW where do I start.. I absolutely loved this book.. This book picks up right where book 1 ended. YOU NEED to read book 1 first...
I loved Candice and Jax sooooooo much... but I seriously wanted to just scream and yell at Candice... I mean you know this man is your ultimate true love... WHY are you doing what you’re doing.. GO TO HIM… be with HIM… There was a point in the book my heart was just breaking and I was like why are you doing that Jax...You love her.. don’t do this.. but the ve
« previous 1 3 next »

Water (2 books)
  • Wishing on the Water (Water, #1)