Start by marking “Home Bound” as Want to Read:
Home Bound

Home Bound

Hired by veteran network news reporter Scott Coldwell to adapt his remote Maine cottage for accessibility, architect and designer Jessica Cormier falls under his spell.
One Christmas snow storm is all it takes for Scott to confess that he’s the one who could soon be home bound …”
ebook

To ask other readers questions about Home Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Bound

Start your review of Home Bound
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Homebound is a short, sweet, lovely, heart warming, romantic love story.
Nadine Bookaholic
This was a quick sweet read. Jessie was hired by Scott to make his Maine home handicapped accessible. When Jessie met him she was head over heals infatuated with him but what she didn't know was that Scott was smitten with her. This was a sweet, cozy winter day romance kind of quick read, just snuggle up by the fireplace with a cup of hot coco with marshmallows and this book and your set.

Can be found as part of Red Hot Holidays Anthology (17 Contemporary Romance Books by Bestselling Authors abo
Bella Doerres
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Home Bound by Olivia Rigal and Shannon Macallan

Jessica Cormier , architect, redecorates the home of news Reporter Scott Coldwell. Using her talent for adapting homes for those who need wheelchair access she is unsure who will occupy the home with the talented and handsome Coldwell. Coldwell is just planning on spending the rest of his life in his wilderness home and be alone. Believing that his illness is a loosing battle he is ready to just survive and be alone. When a winter storm traps Jessi
Colleen
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is a short story written by Olivia Rigal and Shannon Macallan.
The story follows Jessie and Scott. Jessie is an architect who redesigns houses so they are handicap suitable. Scott has employed Jessie to refit his house but doesn't tell her who it is for or why. Jessie is curious, not just about the why but who it is for.
On the day of the final walk through, Jessie gets answers to her questions.
Quite enjoyed the read.
Mary Strunk
This is such a sweet story and one that can touch your heart in a special place. The author did an amazing job on writing it and keeping you hooked. It's a short read but so well worth it.

Jessie takes pride in what she does as she is an architect and she wants everything to be done the best. She makes sure that the job gets done and it's to the best that it can be. When she gets hired to do Scott's house, she wonders why all the additions to the house. She has questions but knows that she can't
April Symes
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a novella that is written by Olivia Rigal and Shannon Macallan. Scott and Jessie work together on refitting homes to make them handicap accessible. But ths time, Scott gives Jessie a special project to work on which she doesn’t know. This time the house she is working on will be done for him. Jessie is special to him and in this story we see the power of love and the spirit of the season work miracles for them. They are both so deeply in love with each other yet they have not communicate ...more
Dany Mclean
Un autre charmant récit de Noël !
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
I read this in the Red Hot Holiday's Anthology.

Scott Coldwell veteran network news reporter hires Jessica Cormier to make his Maine cottage accessible for a handicap person. Working with Scott has been great for Jessica's career not to mention he's drop dead gorgeous but he would never be attracted to someone like her so she keeps her one sided feelings to herself. On Christmas when Jessica takes Scott on a walk through of the changes she's made to the house she soon finds out its not a friend,
Jenny Harris
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.

This is a short story, in it we meet Scott Coldwell and Jessica Cormier. Jessica is a designer who was commissioned to revamp Scott's home. He needed it to be more wheelchair accessible. Scott is a man about to go through some major life changes and isn't sure he is ready for them all. The one thing he does know is every-time he talks to or looks at Jessica he wishes she was his. He knows in his mind the right thing for him to do is push her a
Sue Zawisa
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review for HOME BOUND
I received this as a gift for an honest review
This is a very short, very heartwarming love story. Scott Coldwell is renowned news reporter who will be retiring shortly. He has just had his home redone to be handicap accessible. It was redone by architect Jessie Cormier. The house is finally done and it is time for a final walk through to make sure it is done right. It just so happens the walk through is set for the day a blizzard descends on the area. When it becomes apparen
Rose
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Homebound: A Christmas short story (Kindle Edition)
This honest review is for Homebound: A Christmas short story by Olivia Rival & Shannon Macallan, it's part of the Red Hot Holiday's Anthology. This is the story of Scott Coldwell a network news reporter and Jessica Cormier an architect and designer. Scott hired Jessie to make his Maine home handicapped accessible and then on the day of the final walk through, sparks are of the charts! I loved that the story alternates betwee
Mary
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ah the beauty of snow but what happens when you get snowed in with the sexiest man you’ve ever met? This is Jessica’s challenge. She’s at Scott’s remote house to show him all the renovations she did to help someone with disabilities to navigate his home but a blizzard hits and now they are trapped in the wilderness together. She never dreams that Scott would be interested in her; will she allow herself to take this chance? Scott loves the beauty of Jessica’s mind but also craves her body. When h ...more
Racy
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet story. Scott Caldwell was faced with having to leave his job due to having MS. To him he had nothing to look forward to but gloom and doom. He was watching as time went by wondering how much longer he had before MS would take him over completely.

Jessica Cormier thought it was strange for someone like Scott to have a house remodeled to be easy access for someone that was in a wheelchair/handicap. She had not clue the burden that was weighing Scott’s mind.

It was funny that
ButtonsMom2003
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story a lot. For such a quick read it really packed a punch. Scott hired Jessie to adapt his cottage for accessibility without telling her why. She has a special interest in this area because her brother uses a wheelchair. She imagines that the conversion is for Scott's lover.

I like how the story alternates between Scott and Jessica doing the telling. Scott is in love with her but he doesn't want to act on it because he feels his future is uncertain and wouldn't want to burden her
Renaye hopkins
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HomeBound by Olivia Rigal was a touching story of a powerful man who belives he is destined to live out his last days isolated and alone with a devastating illness. What he finds instead is the everlasting love and devotion of a woman who looks past his illness and convinces him that he is worthy of love, not matter how long either person may live. The story speaks of compassion, devotion, family, all of those things that remind you of what true love really is, especially around the holidays. Ho ...more
Lynn Smith
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jessie has had feelings for Scott for awhile now. Remodeling his house for a handicap person she wasn't sure what he needed it for. Unless maybe he had someone special coming. Jessie never thought Scott could be interested back. Scott has kept his distance from Jessie for a reason. Being diagnosed with MS he doesn't want to saddle Jessie with taking care of him when the disease progresses.

Sweet holiday story. True love conquers all. They both wanted a relationship, yet each had their own reaso
Zaza
Voici une nouvelle de Noël somme toute assez douce et mignonne qui remplit son office si l'on aime les histoires courtes et rapidement ficelées. Pour moi qui suis plutôt en quête d'histoires plus profondes et plus abouties, je dois dire que ça n'a pas trop fonctionné, d'autant que les (trop) nombreuses coquilles sont trop présentes pour ne pas être remarquées.
L'ambiance hivernale dans un chalet donne un côté romantique et très cocooning, et sinon, Sinon l'histoire est mignonne et il y a un épilo
Ann
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a short, sweet romantic story involving two people who don't feel like they deserve to be happy...or that the other person in the equation deserves better than what they can offer. This story seemed to be more real than some of the other romance stories which have been released lately. There was no big instant attraction and jump into bed which made the story really sweet. I was given a ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Deb Diem
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Home Bound by Olivia Rigal and Shannon MacAllan is a great read. These ladies have crafted a well written book. Scott and Jessie's story is story, while a bit sad due to MS issues, is still a fun read. There's plenty of drama, humor and sizzle to keep the pages turning in this quick read. I enjoyed Home Bound and look forward to reading more from these talented authors. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Sheryl
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentary copy for an honest review by author Olivia Rigal.

When a news reporter hires an architect to design his cottage to have handicap accessibility he never thought he would think about his future.
Jessica Cormier fell in love with Scott Coldwell when she designed his home for him. When they are stranded before Christmas she struggles with her feelings and deep down so does he.

This is a nice contemporary romance story.
Donna Hokanson
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome and heartwarming story
Architect Jessica Cormier has started to create some designs after her brother became handicapped. He latest project is for a man she has always admired, news reporter Scott Coldwell. But she didn’t know for whom she was building it for other than him requesting it. On the day of final inspection the snow was falling and the two got snowed in. Wonderful holiday story with a nice HEA.

Teresa
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I received a copy of "Home Bound" in exchange for an honest review. This is a sweet and heartwarming Holiday story. I loved the storyline and the dual points of view. I loved both Scott and Jessica. Normally I like a fuller story(novel length), however our author packs quite a lot into this short story.. The epilogue was absolutely lovely as well.. Lots of feelings, humor and love.
Dora
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sensible, romantic and emotional story. Jessie and Scott met each other while helping her handicapped brother and from then on a spark was there waiting to ignite. Fate was rearing her ugly face but they would fight for what they had. This story left me thinking about love and the choices in life. Good short story. Liked how the author developed the it and the epilogue.
Lisa
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the sexual tension between Scott and Jessica. This was a lovely Christmas story with some suspense, humor and lots of love. If you enjoy those stories where the hero has to push past his comfort zone and reach out to the heroine, you will love this one.

I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and words here are entirely my own.
Lori
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really liked this story. True love does prevail, even if a snow storm is required to make it show itself.

This couple has some major issues to overcome with him having been diagnosed with MS, but in true love story fashion they rise to the challenge. This romance is a great read and very inspirational.
Jamie Speck
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC and was asked to post my honest review. While I love full length book, with a busy life, short stories are a great way to get reading in on a busy schedule. I love the characters and the story itself. The scene descriptions made you see it all in your mind. I am a sucker for a beautiful love story and this is one. Make sure to pick it up and enjoy.
Judi
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For a short story there is a lot of heart packed in this book. Jessie and Scott met before the start of this book, and know they have chemistry. But, each fight the attraction for their own reasons. The story is sweet and I love that the epilogue shows the future.
Marionle6tron
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Une romance rapide digne d'un bon feuilleton de Noël sur M6 :)
Nicole
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think it was a lovely short story. Both characters were honest, straightforward and likeable.
Ptiteaurel
Lecture gratuite que je découvre, j'ai été déçue car tout va trop vite et manque de cohérence. J'adore les romances de Noël mais là le projet n'est pas abouti à mon sens

Avis complet à venir

• Vous faites quoi pour Noël ?
  • L'amour est très gourmand (HQN)
  • C'est Noël, rien ne va plus !
  • L'académie des âmes abîmées
  • The Deviants
  • Le Pacte d'Emma (Le Pacte d'Emma #1)
  • Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1)
  • Merry and Bright
Olivia Rigal started publishing short novels in 2013 as an indie.
The story she tells stand alone.
However her characters often meet so you can run into them again in several stories.

Some of her books can be found in French, German, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.

News & Interviews