Start by marking “Gravity Falls: Journal 3” as Want to Read:
Gravity Falls: Journal 3

Gravity Falls: Journal 3

Journal 3 brims with every page ever seen on the Gravity Falls show plus all-new pages with monsters and secrets, notes from Dipper and Mabel, and the Author’s full story.

A 288-page full-color jacketed hardcover version of Journal 3—plus, the book jacket doubles as an exclusive poster.
Hardcover, First edition, 288 pages
Published July 26th 2016 by Disney Press

To ask other readers questions about Gravity Falls, please sign up.
Spyder You're right. There IS a special edition Journal 3 included with blacklight, and so much cool stuff. Unfortunately, that came out in June 2017, and ca…moreYou're right. There IS a special edition Journal 3 included with blacklight, and so much cool stuff. Unfortunately, that came out in June 2017, and can only be bought by 3rd party sellers, who are asking for a ridiculous amount of money. Anywho, with the regular book, you cannot use blacklight, but you still get the cool stuff. The Special Edition just makes it more like the show. Hope this helps.
Your friendly neighborhood,
Spyder-Pig(less)

Start your review of Gravity Falls: Journal 3
**✿❀ Maki ❀✿**
I'M NOT CRYING! YOU'RE CRYING!!!

After several weeks of flipping through the Journal and rereading it, I think I can finally gather my thoughts enough to actually write something for this review.

To begin, I suppose that I should note the Journal is best enjoyed by people who have finished watching Gravity Falls. The first section - the Author's original notes - are enjoyable without any context, as well as Dipper and Mabel's additions that they make throughout the show's run, but after that, thin
fairywine
I love Gravity Falls with the fiery burning passion of a million blazing suns holding a barbecue. It's smart, funny, full of heart, colorful, imaginative, and basically as perfectly executed a show as anyone could hope for. Adults and kids love it in equal measure and no wonder.

So when I learned they were making a real-life edition of journal three, just like in the show with information added in as if Dipper himself had written it in corresponding to the various episodes of Gravity Falls, well
LaDonna
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to LaDonna by: Leo IV
Yes, 5 STARS for a “journal” based on an animated series...

Gravity Falls Journal 3 by Alex Hirsch

As the series was winding down, my kids and I often debated, who watched Gravity Falls first, them or my husband and I? By the time of the series finale aired, we all agreed that it did not matter. For us, all that mattered was that we were watching and enjoying the last episode together. We could not ignore the disappointment we felt that there were no new episodes on the horizon.

In Gravity Falls , Alex Hirsch created ch
Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
I need this for science purposes...

description

I'm so glad that Gravity Falls is going to have ten more seasons and three movies, and Bill is not causing the apocalypse, and Dipper and Mabel are safe and happy, and nobody is going to die...

...I'm in denial...

description

I apologize for the overload of gifs, I'm in mourning :(

ALEX Y U DO THIS???

pqxv tbfoa
Mihaela
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WILL THERE BE A JOURNAL 1 AND 2?
Please tell me there will be, or you'll leave me no choice and I'll make a pact with Bill, leave planet Earth and go in search of a parallel dimension where I can find more Gravity Falls material. Thanks.

my review here: https://thecemeteryofbook.blogspot.ro...
Alma
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To be completely honest, I was really hyped to read Journal 3, but I never imagined I would be so moved by it. I love it so much, and it's definetely one of the most wonderful books I've ever read.

It doesn't compare to the world of Harry Potter, or Percy Jackson. It's so small, but I think that being a short story made this cartoon so wonderful. I watched the finale on TV and it was one of the most beautiful and touching endings that I've ever watched. I won't deny that the finale episode didn'
Mehsi
One of my most anticipated books in 2016 after I watched Gravity Falls and completely fell head over heels with the series.

This is the (in)famous Journal 3 which gets featured heavily in the series. Several pages are known to us (thanks to the series), but a whole lot of the book is brand-new, and full of adventure, full of codes and cryptic messages.

The book is split up in 3 parts. You have the part in which the Author talks and tells us about his experiments, about Gravity Falls, about his ass
Solangelo
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the show so I thought this book was absolutely amazing!!
Nicolo Yu
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This replica of Journal 3 from Gravity Falls is the prefect memento of all your adventures with the gang in America's weirdest town. It is more than a replica, because it provides closure for any fan of the series, and serves as an epilogue for the series finale. It also comes with a lot of hidden surprises, as expected of any tie-in to that show.

The only thing that would be better than this one is the special edition which was released in 2017.
Chasia Lloyd
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The perfect way to say good-bye to one of my favorite shows. All Gravity Falls fans need this in their life! I rewatched the series while devouring this replica of the infamous Journal 3, and it was such an incredible experience.

Journal 3 provides a lot of insight to events that happened before and during the show, with a few hints of the future. It's packed with creature lore, tales of strange phenomena, little known character facts (including Dipper's real name!), and tons of cryptograms to de
Anne
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: usa-2018-bought
4 stars - this book was enjoyable, and a pretty quick read. I haven't seen the show in a while and this book makes me want to re-watch it ASAP.

This book does add a bunch to the show - especially the part before dipper adds a whole new layer of things that just weren't explored in the show. When we get to the part where dipper starts writing in the journal its pretty interesting to see all the unexplored episode ideas (because that's what it is, it very much feels like this book came to being be
Derek Morgan
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love gravity falls, so having this book was pretty much the greatest thing ever. You get to find out what dipper's real name is, what ford did while he was in the portal, and all sorts of other cool stuff that really makes having watched the show that much better. I'm such a nerd for this show, and anyone that loves the show has to, I'm not suggesting they do, I'm saying they have to, because this book is a blessing that all Gravity Falls fans need to have in their life. Anyone who hasn't watc ...more
Eevee
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i love this cartoon LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tode
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK EVER! made me tear up at least 4 times! An emotional rollercoaster, especially if you resonate a lot with the characters, or just really missed the show. (which is everyone.)
Bopeep Hallyn
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First watch the series. Then, after a (long) while, read this book. The result is AWESOME.

Gravity Falls is one paranormal series that I loved. Not just because of the weird things and the characters, but also the codes hidden in each episode. And then how, slowly, it turned dark. But always on the same storyline, even if you didn't notice.

I love how this book has some information that doesn't appear on the series, not just monsters but also little adventures. Now it's time to translate all this
Davina Herondale
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

My heart is so full.

(view spoiler)

This show was a HUGE part of my life. I remember when it was still being advertised before the pilot and I was so excited bc I'm obsessed with the weird and abnormal happenings in the world. This was a beautiful recap of the show plus a few stories here and there that were referenced to but never shown.

Hey Alex?! where are the other 2 journals (view spoiler) i ne
Madison Ruth
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: media-tie-in
I went to BAM today and they had it. It is wonderful!!!!!! I REPEAT ITS EVERYTHING ALL GRAVITY FALLS FANS WILL LOVE!!!!! WARNING: GRAVITY FALLS FANS ONLY BECAUSE IT DOES CONTAIN ALL THE SPOILERS FOR THE TV SHOW. Seriously, if you want to start the show or haven't finished yet do not read until after you finish the show. Even the jacket art is a spoiler.

But that aside, if you are a fan of Gravity Falls, this is a must have! Now that the series is over, this journal contains all the answers, and
Emery
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best. Book. Ever! Whether you're a hardcore fan or never heard of the show, this book is a treasure and a keepsake. Wow. Just wow. I laughed, cried, and was inspired beyond belief. Good for all ages and all types of minds, the further you go into gravity falls, the more you see and understand. Just fantastic. A must read. Actually, a must own. I'll be reading this over and over.
Marisol Miranda
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!!!!! This book is so amazing! I can make a connection with Mabel in three ways. One, we eat a lot of sugar. Two, we are all about rainbows, unicorns, glitter, and fantasies. Three, are hyper. While reading, I felt happy and I laughed along the way. I recommend this book to people who want to take a break from SERIOUSNESS(!) and read a book about a cartoon!
Nataly
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rakiyang
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was a really good ending. I'm rarely this satisfied with endings.
simon
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
to those who haven't seen the series yet, go ahead and read the first half of this, before dipper shows up
Love the series to death, love this book and the fact that you can go through it a number of times and find something new (mainly in codes and ciphers) and it's just a real treat to those who weren't satisfied with how:
1. gravity falls only got good towards the end
2. we barely got to know the author (and what his interactions were like with other people/modern tech)
3. the individual main ch
Mayad Tarabey
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emily Mitchell
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, favorites
Oh goodness gracious, what a work of art. An absolute must for fans of the show. More of an actual novel than Dipper's Guide was, including the most beautiful illustrations and diagrams and a heart-breaking story about Stanford's journey that I was not expecting so many tears from. It's hard to put into words what this universe means for me, but seeing readers from around the world share their thoughts on it makes me happy to know that I'm not alone.
David Gant
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex does a great job with balancing the hilarity with the darker plot just like he did with the show.
If you liked the show you should pick this book up. I've finished reading it, but there are still plenty of encoded messages I've yet to decipher. The "Gravity Falls" and "Journal 3" labels are only on the sleeve, so don't worry if that bothers you. As Alex says on the book sleeve:
EXB
WKLV
ERRN!
Mischelle Töröková
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
What can I say?
Are you a fan of Gravity Falls? yes? Then you can give no less than 5 stars to this amazing piece of art.
You are not a fan of Gravity Falls? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!

My review is YES, this book is great and I cannot tell anything less than "It´s awesome" about it.
Connor
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must-read for any fans of Gravity Falls. It provides new insights on the town, accompanyed by the show's staple witty humor. I definetly wouldn't recomend it to anyone who hasn't seen the show, though.
Byron
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just SOBBED while reading a replica journal from a Disney channel animated series. That is something that just happened. But for real, as someone who watched every episode of Gravity Falls when it came out and then rewatched about 5 times, this was so perfect. My one qualm about the show is that there wasn't enough time with Ford but this book lovingly fulfilled that wish. If you have watched the show, get this book and if you haven't watched the show, PLEASE do yourself a favor and experience ...more
TheBookWorm🐛 🐛
If you love Gravity Falls, you will absolutely love this book! You know that journal that Dipper carries around the entire series? Well, this is an exact replica of it! It even has entries from Dipper, Soos and Mabel in it! I loved reading this book and I hope that everyone else will love it as well!
Kinsey
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough."

LISTEN I'M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT THAT I CRIED THROUGH THIS WHOLE BOOK, OKAY?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Gravity Falls: Dipper's and Mabel's Guide to Mystery and Nonstop Fun! (Guide to Life)
  • Gravity Falls: Dipper and Mabel and the Curse of the Time Pirates' Treasure!: A "Select Your Own Choose-Venture!"
  • Disney Gravity Falls Cinestory Comic
  • Gravity Falls: Pining Away (Gravity Falls Chapter Book)
  • Once Upon a Swine (Gravity Falls)
  • Disney Gravity Falls Cinestory Comic Vol. 2
  • Disney Gravity Falls Shorts: Just West of Weird
  • Gravity Falls Don't Color This Book!: A Cursed Coloring Book
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil The Magic Book of Spells
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension
  • Gravity Falls: Journal 3: Limited Edition! Replica of Journal 3 for You to Fill-In!
  • Disney Gravity Falls Cinestory Comic Vol. 3
  • Adventure Time: Candy Capers
  • The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's Graphic Novel #1)
  • Disney Gravity Falls Shorts #1
  • The Art of Rise of the Guardians
  • Gravity Falls: The second summer (Gravity Falls Fan-Fiction | A Second Summer Book 1)
  • Disney Gravity Falls: Weirdmageddon
Alex Hirsch is a writer, animator, voice actor, and director. He is best known for creating Gravity Falls on Disney XD and for co-writing the #1 New York Times best-selling book Journal 3. He was raised in Piedmont, California, and received a BFA in Character Animation from The California Institute of the Arts. He currently lives in Los Angeles, and is at work developing projects for Film & TV.