Jump to ratings and reviews

7: The Seven Deadly Sins

Seven marks upon a wall.
Tom may rise, but he may fall.
Through five lives, no one dares mention,
of the sin for which he seeks redemption.
Fates will meet, and you will see,
what will thus become of he.

402 pages, Paperback

First published January 4, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Casey L. Bond

59 books1,338 followers
RONE Award-winning author Casey Bond lives on a rural farm in West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She writes phoenixes – gloriously flawed and morally gray characters that fiercely rise from the ashes of their circumstances.

Worldbuilding is one of her favorite pastimes. She thinks thunderstorms are better than coffee and that watching a meteor shower is the closest thing to magic you might ever see. She’s a firm believer that every amazing book needs a world you want to wrap yourself in, a character you want to win, and a love you would fight for.

Casey is the author of When Wishes Bleed, Gravebriar, House of Eclipses, and Where Oceans Burn.

@authorcaseybond on social media sites.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 29 of 31 reviews
Profile Image for Tina.
343 reviews21 followers
January 4, 2016
7 is my first book in 2016 and what a way to start the new year! Wow was it an emotional roller coaster. I cried, swooned and even cursed at my kindle, but by the time I got to the end I was totally a mess of ugly cries. These authors put together such a unique book. You have 5 individual short stories that come together and creates a remarkable statement about the power of redemption.

Each scenerio is from a different time and place but follows one mans struggles in multiple lives. Tom's journey's were powerful testimonies to life, love and his many battles with the evils in the world that caused him temptaion. In the end he was forced to face his sins and the pain that filled his lives.

A very thought-provoking book written by 5 very talented authors. 7 touched my heart and left me contemplating my own life and choices. Only a really good story can weave it's way into your soul and allow you to come away in a better place after it's completed. 5 STARS
Profile Image for Stalking.
291 reviews7 followers
December 28, 2015

This book has 7 different stories, well make that six parts and a bonus short story. Five authors got together and created one of the more memorable books I’ve read in 2015. Before reading this I have only read one of the authors in this collection but I have plans to read more of the others in the upcoming year. To be fair, there will be spoilers in this review. If you’d like to avoid the spoilers then just know this, this book holds heartache and hope, condemnation and redemption, it shows the failings of people and the grace of those who love them most. I can’t recommend this book enough to anyone who enjoys seeing bits and pieces of real life painted with the colors of imagination, faith, and love.

*****Ok, now for the spoiler portion! You’ve been warned. *****
I will readily admit that after the first story I really considered if I wanted to finish this book. There was no happy ending and it kind of hurt my soul a little bit. I consider this to be a positive though. Casey Bond did such a fantastic job with her writing and description, she didn’t write something fluffy, I almost forgot I wasn’t reading actual history. The same goes for the second story by Jo Michaels. It really felt as though I was reading something from history. I was so much in the mind frame in regards to believing it could be a snippet from the life of someone in that era I came to accept that the ending would not be what I wanted but what life would hand out to the characters. I also noticed the female characters were wearing the same necklace. It wouldn’t be until later that I put together the main character would always be Tom or some version of that name. It was definitely a mind blowing thing when I discovered that! Tia Silverthorne Bach kind of hurt my heart more with her story. She absolutely captured how doing the right thing all the time despite feeling like you were never wanted can make you have to constantly keep on your toes and never give in to the feeling of life is not fair. Kelly Risser’s Tommy Two Guns Mazza and N.L. Greene’s Thomas T-Dogg Evans were both tear jerkers and heartwarming and equally heart wrenching! Thank goodness there was at least one happy-ish ending! But it’s the 6th part, Judgement, which brought it all home. All of the authors got together to create this ending piece. You can see each author’s distinctive voice throughout this part. I found out the significance of the necklace and of the name Tom. It was the most tearful part of my reading but it wasn’t completely sad tears I cried. I suggest you take each part as it is without trying to figure out too much because seeing the revelations during this chapter was like turning on a light with a dimmer switch. Everything slowly comes into focus a little at a time but completed my understanding of the whole picture. I loved this book so much!
Profile Image for Laura  Hernandez.
784 reviews82 followers

description

I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are unbiased and my own.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I began to read this book as it is the first of its kind that I personally read and let me tell you that  I was completely blown away by the talent of these amazing authors. I could not bring myself to put this book down. As I was reading it I was coming to my own conclusions but nothing prepared me for the revelations that this book had in store for me.

Reading Tom's stories through the lives he lived left me feeling angry, outraged and saddened but I was completely unprepared for the emotional destruction I would end up experiencing by the end. I had a hard time composing myself while reading this book and even at the conclusion and I honestly don't think I have ever cried so much and so hard. I still carry the story in my heart. This is a story that has forever changed me and my personal perceptions on life and I will forever be indebted to this female powerhouse uniquely talented and motivating women.

Each story which leads to the emotional conclusion was superbly crafted with strong and believable characters and the world building was beyond my imagination. Don't pass up on reading 7 as it will have you seeing things on a new perspective. I look forward to reading more books from these authors. I wish we could rate books higher because this is a 10 star read.

description
Profile Image for Melanie's.
566 reviews30 followers
January 18, 2016
WOW! I am not sure I actually have the vocabulary to put together the sort of review this book deserves without revealing a ton of spoilers, which I refuse to do as this story REALLY needs to be read without them.

I knew that this book was different before I started, with 5 authors telling a series of stories, but all the stories somehow linking but what I WASN'T prepared for was the journey they were about to take me on.

Each author manages to maintain their own voice and yet each story easily reads as part of the same book. Twisting and turning eventually you get the answers you will be desperate for BUT i would defy ANYONE that hasn't read spoilers to work out what they are before they are presented.

Seriously if somebody had told me the concept I think I would have had to say there is no way this would work - but it does. And it is BEAUTIFUL!

I highly recommend anyone who has even a remote passing interest in anything historical pick this book up!

An easy 5 stars from me! V""V
Profile Image for Ethan Gregory.
220 reviews8 followers
January 7, 2016
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*****
My Thoughts:

Okay, I haven't even started writing yet and this is already, by-far, one of the most difficult reviews I have had to write to-date. Why? Because 7 is... well it's... complicated. Let's start from the beginning.

Several of those contributing authors should ring a bell if you are familiar with One Guy's Guide to Good Reads. I had the amazing pleasure of meeting all five of these authors this past June at UtopYA and I've also previous read from and reviewed from a couple of these ladies here on the blog. All of these women are incredibly talented and amazing people individually, so I had no doubt that 7 would be a hit. Even with that in mind, I never could have imagined the impact this novel would have on me. This collaboration was everything I was looking for and more.

So I'm just going to warn you now, this review is going to be... a little different, because this novel is riddled with spoilers.

7 is unlike any reading experience I have ever had. These five incredible authors have combined their talents in the best possible ways to construct a seven part novel that I couldn't set down. In fact, I actually read the entire thing in one sitting. It was that good. 7 follows the story of 'Thomas' throughout five lifetimes and the trials he faces in each. Transcending through time, Thomas' story goes from first century Rome all the way to twentieth century Brooklyn, New York. Through five extremely well written and emotional lives, we watch as Thomas faces heartbreaking trails while facing difficult decisions reflected against the backdrop of the seven deadly sins. In each incarnation of Thomas' life, we learn more about the trials for which he will eventually be judged.

While I won't go into each of the five stories individually, I would like to give these authors the highest of praises on their historical writing abilities.Historical writing is not an easy task, by far, but each of these incredible authors made their stories flow with the ease of a seasoned pro. Each story was meticulously researched and I found them to be more than historically accurate, something you can't often say. With this being a work of historic fiction, the authors were able to fully craft the story to their full potentials. As a huge history buff myself, I found 7 to be a great testament to the talent of these five women and their writing styles. I am so excited at the potential stories that we could see from these authors as a result of 7. Could more historical novels be in their future? The settings for each story, the cultural surroundings, and the historical importance all tied in to craft a beautiful tale that I am so honored to have read.

One of the more intriguing aspects of 7 was the author's ability to weave in some extremely deep undertones and themes that really made 7 stand out in the marketplace. This is by no means a 'surface-level' read. Each and every page will have you reflecting on your own life and your place in society. Every choice you've made will be questioned and you'll even begin to put yourself on trial at times. It takes a great read to lead to reflection such as this for a reader, but it's an experience that I will not soon forget. I can't say much more regarding the themes of 7 for spoiler reasons, but trust me, this one will change you from the inside out, from the very first sentence to the very last paragraph.

As I mentioned before, each of the sections in the novel are essentially short stories with their own plot, characters, villains, themes, settings, etc. While each individual story was truly a treasure, it's the way the stories all tie in, in the finale, that really cements 7 as one of the most jaw-dropping reads I have read in a long time.

I can't really say anything specific about the ending of the novel, even though I desperately want to! I will tell you that the final sections, where Thomas' trial and true identity is unveiled were truly phenomenal moments in my reading experience. At one point I had to set my Nook down and just give myself a moment to process what was happening. It was a little much to take in at one time, but it really gave the whole story a 'woah' element that I didn't see coming. At all. Definitely a twist worth waiting for.

With gripping plots, detailed settings, heart-wrenching emotions, and a finale you won't want to miss, this amazing collaboration will leave you begging for more from this extremely talented group! It should come as absolutely no surprise that I am granting 7 a near-perfect 5-star review. An incredible way to kick off your 2016 reading year, 7 is not to be missed! Don't miss this chance to add this incredible novel to your TBR today. Huge kudos to these ladies as they've truly created a story that readers will be discussing for years to come!

*****
Profile Image for Mary.
5 reviews1 follower
January 8, 2016
I received this book as a gift from the author, Jo Michaels.
I was lucky and fortunate to have been with Jo when she was editing the additional short story at the end of the book, and became intrigued and excited about the book based on that story alone.

I thought 7 was a unique, fresh, clever, and interesting way of writing a historical fiction novel.
I liked how each of the five authors told their own individual stories written in a different, specific time period,but also how each individual story tied into the novel's overall story as a whole.
In my experience a book with different authors usually has different, individual short stories with a similar theme, but has distinctly different stories in the book as a whole. This was really a new and creative idea of doing a story with different authors.

In each of the five time periods of history you are given detailed historical information of historical people and events from those time periods of history, through a character's point of view, which makes it enjoyable to read.

The writings are done with such amazing detail that you feel like you are experiencing the events first hand,and they deal with issues that everyone can relate to in some way. You are left pondering what you would have done under similar circumstances.

The novel contains the perfect blend of magic, fantasy, history, romance, heroes/villains, sin and redemption.

You will not be disappointed by the ending either, it is a real twist/completely unexpected, leaving you feeling shocked and fascinated at the same time.

I felt that each story was so well done, that I was left wanting more. Each chapter, could have been made into its own individual book. The first one could have had the extra short story as the beginning and then the first story written by Casey Bond. The next book could have Jo Michael's story. The third book could have Tia Silverthorne Bach's story. The fourth book could have Kelly Risser's story, and the last book could have N.L. Greene's story and the Judgment Endings.

Each story's leading lady bore the name of one of the other authors of the book's first names,
making you wonder if that character in the story was based on the characteristics of that particular author in real life.

I absolutely loved the additional short story and think that would have made a perfect beginning to the novel, especially since that is what first intrigued me to the story.

I am a big fan of the historical time periods of medieval times and civil war, and like stories about gangsters and mobsters like Al Capone and prohibition, and this book contained parts of all of them.

This was my first book for 2016, and it was a page turner! I give it a 5 star rating. I liked it so much that I finished the book in less than a day. I just couldn't put it down.

I also have to mention that I love the cover! It is very clever and a perfect fit for the story.

This is my first time reading these 5 authors. My daughter got to meet all them at Utopia last year and she has been hoarding Fractured Glass, which I am going to read next. I would love to win a copy of Jo Michaels new book, Emancipation, and I am definitely going to check out the other authors books as well.
Profile Image for Christina Marie.
411 reviews373 followers
January 8, 2016
**This book was given to me in exchange for my honest/unbiased review**

Very interesting take on the Seven Deadly Sins.

As someone who went to Catholic school for 13 years, and with a vast interest in Greco-Roman (and Latin) history, I am always game for a good Seven Deadly Sins tale. So you can imagine my excitement when I was told that's what this book was going to be about.

From the ladies of FRACTURED GLASS, I knew that I was going to be presented with something good. Something that was different and I was right. SEVEN (7) is definitely different, in the very best way.

There are SIX parts, with a bonus story at the end. Five of those six parts are written by each of the authors, while the final part (the sixth part) was written together. As with FRACTURED GLASS, I can most definitely hear (and see) the variance in writing style and voice which, as I've said before, is VERY fascinating to me. To be able to write one cohesive story with five different minds? That's such a feat! One that these ladies excel brilliantly at.

Now, I think that the book leaves a trail of breadcrumbs from beginning to end, for the reader to put together because there IS a moment at the end of the book that puts everything into perspective. BUT because I'm the most cynical, analytical, "I dare you to surprise me" reader ever (especially when it comes to things like this), I saw everything coming by part 2. I won't tell you how or why, because I wish for everyone to experience the glory of the reveals as they come, but I will say that even though I wasn't surprised, I was very pleased.

Names. Names, names, names. I couldn't help but smile at the names of these characters. For obvious, or not so obvious reasons. It's almost a meta experience, except it's not self-referential, in the way that you'd assume. I wish I could detail what I mean by that, but again, I personally think it would taint the experience.

Can we talk about the dark aspects of this story? I mean, this book is dark. It's not your bedtime fairytale, so don't go reading these to your children! But I love that aspect about this book. These authors are women after my own heart. I enjoy a good dark story. It's why I'm a fan of Greco-Roman mythology. It's why I love learning about the history of fairytales -- because those stories are dark and most times very scary (and/or gory).

This book talks about sins that, as human beings, we commit each and every day. And the repercussions -- outside the realm of actuality or not -- of such sins. But there is also insight into the redemptive aspect of sinning. It just fascinated me.

Overall, I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the magnificent effort that this book clearly shows. Sure, I ruined the shock factor for myself, but that's simply because of my background. BUT I sill enjoyed the experience and saw the lessons that each story held.

The scary part about this whole thing? I related to the sinners in the book waaaaaaay more than I care to admit. But hey, humanity is flawed, right? And we're living proof that redemption exists. Grace and mercy and all that.
Profile Image for Maria.
Author 8 books15 followers
January 7, 2016

I was super excited to get my hands on the newest book from the authors who brought readers the awesome Fractured Glass, which if you can’t tell by my calling it awesome, I loved. The idea of co-writing on such a scale, between five authors and not the more traditional two is so neat. It makes me want to be a part of something like this some day.

Anyhow, upon receiving this story I was told to expect something different, and that is exactly what I got. Broken up into six smaller story arcs, plus a bonus story at the end, each of the first five stories could easily stand alone as novelette/novellas. With a paranormal touch overall, the five stories are a take on historical romance each with a different setting and degree of romance, spanning from Ancient Rome to the more contemporary era of the 1995 (which was already 21 years ago, eek!). They are not the standard historical romance stories, an element I loved. They weren’t tidy, some were downright tragic, and given the way they all come together in the sixth part, I would have been sorely disappointed if they fit the typical romance model.

Tom, in all versions of him, was a well-developed character. It was interesting to see how he changed with the time and situation. After reading part one, then being introduced to Tom again in part two, I expected other characters to be the same as well, and was surprised when they weren’t. I was pleasantly surprised to see the twist in that regard. It brought a smile to my face when I picked up on it. I really felt for the characters in each section, and if I had to make any criticism, some sections felt just a little too clipped, but part 6 made up for it.

I was floored when the big reveal was made in part 6. It was perfect. It came together in such a way that it was almost believable, as if it really could have happened that way.

Overall, this was an immensely enjoyable story that I found riveting. I easily finished it in two sittings, but it’s broken up into bite size chunks if you need to take a longer time with it (you won’t want to). I hope that this collaboration between authors becomes a yearly tradition. I really can’t wait to see what these five minds come up with next!
Profile Image for Angela Silverthorne.
Author 7 books10 followers
February 5, 2016
The last three books I’ve read did not have one original thought in them. Not one. That’s not the case with 7: The Seven Deadly Sins by Casey L. Bond, Jo Michaels, Tia Silverthorne Bach, Kelly Risser, and N. L. Greene. The Five have done it again!!!! They’ve created a one-or-a-kind novel. Is there anything new under the sun. YES! And it’s 7!

Main character, Thomas, traverses through five distinct eras in time. Same man, but different scenarios. Each author nailed it! There is something for every reader: suspense, intrigue, romance, war, and historical fiction. This is a must read!!!!
Profile Image for Jaci.
155 reviews2 followers
January 9, 2016
5 OUTSTANDING UNBELIEVABLE STARS

I was asked for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

I have read individual books by each author except NL Greene. I will have to say that these authors coming together and putting a collaboration like this was wonderful! This is my second read of 2016 and I can say that this book will stick with me for the rest of the year! I love how each author had their own time of history and their own sin(s) that Tom had to succumb to. Each author was individual, yet they all meshed together.

The book starts off with a man (Thomitus) and his wife (Josephine) in Rome in the early 60-70's AD . When that sin is done we move onto another time period.
The queen's reign in England was a grand time in the 1500's. Another man (Sir Thomas) and his wife (Kalleigh) were our main hero and heroine in this story. This one focused on one sin, we moved on after we found out what became of that particular sin.
Next up was Civil War Era and the battle of Gettysburg. This time we had the hero (Thomas) and heroine (Cassandra) and Thomas' older brother in the mix (Nicholas). I loved this time period, however no matter how much the person battled with the sin and tried to overcome it, in the end the sin won.
It would seem that the fall of the market in 1929 and the 1930's would bring a lot of sin, not just one or two. Here we have Tommy "Two Guns" the boxer, and Nichole with her son Frankie. Oh the time was flying high with Jazz and all kinds of corrupt things. What is the sin you ask? You must read to find out!
The last time era we have is the 1990's. Where gang's, hip-hop, rap, and drugs were everywhere you looked. If you did not grow up in the rough neighborhoods you were lucky. Tommy (T-Dogg) and Tia it seemed were lovers who were never destined to be. The moment one realized they loved the other their lights went out for good.
Is the purpose for this novel to warn you of what may come if you commit a sin? No, I don't think so. Has Thomas(Most used name) been redeemed by reliving all these lives? Can one really commit all these sins and still go on to commit others? Why does he have to relive a life over and over and over again? Does he have to do it till he gets it right?

The ending was quite shocking, and you might want to buy a protective case for your tablet and not throw it across the room when you find out what is really going on. Again VERY IMPRESSED! I have bought several copies of this book for people and will continue to do so. You will not believe this book from the moment you pick it up till the moment you put it down. I applaud these women for taking the initiative to write a novel as powerful as this! What is next for these five ferocious women?? Well stay tuned to their sites and see!
50 reviews8 followers
Read
January 7, 2016
What a start to my reading for 2016. 7 is unlike any reading experience I have ever had. These five talented authors have combined their writing skills and storytelling in the best possible ways to construct a seven part novel that I couldn't set down. I actually read the entire thing in one sitting. It was that good.

7 follows the story of 'Thomas' throughout five lifetimes and the trials he faces in each. Moving through time, Thomas' story starts from first century Rome all the way to 1995 Brooklyn, New York. Through five extremely well written and emotional lifetimes.

When I got closer to the end and found out who Tom really is and what his ultimate sin was, I had to stop and ponder the the meaning behind this book. The creativity that went into weaving everything together. I look forward to reading more from all five of these authors.

With amazing plots, extremely well written settings, strong emotions, and a finale you won't want to miss, this book will leave you begging for more from this extremely talented group! This book is one that will leave you with the most Thought provoking aspect as you look at your own choices in live. Well done ladies! I'm ready for your next book! This was truly amazing!
Profile Image for Ginny  Gallagher.
277 reviews84 followers
January 7, 2016
Collaboration is defined as working together, especially in a joint intellectual effort.

Let me say that the authors of 7: The Seven Deadly Sins collaborated the H-E- double hockey sticks out of this story, especially in the intellectual effort part.

Asking questions such as…
Can an unforgivable sin be forgiven?
What if you had multiple lifetimes to atone?
Could you forgive yourself lifetimes of mistakes or would you recognize the beauty of your growth?
7: The Seven Deadly Sins answers these questions by unfolding the captivating story of Thomas. His tale spans multiple lifetimes. From early Rome to 1990's Brooklyn we accompany Thomas as he lives through each incarnation with no memories of what has come before. He works, loves, and suffers heartbreak. Always facing choices of everyday life that will eventually determine the fate of the man who did the unthinkable.

7: The Seven Deadly Sins is smart, thought provoking, and entertaining. It’s a story that you will think about long after you finish reading it.
27 reviews6 followers
Read
June 29, 2016
Love

Reading this book you would never know it was written by 5 different ladies. These stories were so incredible and fun to read. I enjoyed every single one of them. All so different but flowing together seamlessly. Even knowing there was going to be a twist at the end... I never suspected what it ended up being. I loved each of the characters and enjoyed going on this journey with them.
Profile Image for Paperbacks.
287 reviews19 followers
April 28, 2017
Whilst I would usually start my reviews with a synopsis I am struggling to know where to start, such are the twists in this tale. 7 parts in total, 5 are the stories of a life belonging to a man named Thomas; the other 2, well you’ll just have to wait and see - but they are a whole load of WOW! Each life of Thomas, from ancient Rome to ghetto New York weaves a story beset with emotion, choices and chances. It becomes clear that every incarnation of Thomas reflects a man with many loves, failings and achievements, some of which will ultimately become his potential downfall. Whilst the obvious link between the stories is Thomas, you know there is something else, something which becomes clear a few stories in. The link between his loves is subtle but enough to make you realise there is more to come.

Ultimately 7 is a tale of redemption, but why does Thomas need to be redeemed? Faced with the sins of his past lives does Thomas have the capacity to repent and can he really face the truth of the choices he has made and the truth of what has led him to the culmination of part 6.

7 really made me think, really made me consider how the 7 deadly sins feed into our lives without even realising. Part 6 starts on a bombshell and then drops a whole load of “say what?” on top of it. It’s a huge turning point and really brings ideology into focus. I especially love the eponymous twist of the authors names in the tale, it really bring a different dimension to it.

In short if you are after a tale with a difference, a tale which will make you think and a tale that may make you take a closer look at the way you live you life, you will not be disappointed with 7.
Profile Image for Kasye Latner.
34 reviews14 followers
May 10, 2017
Weaved as one

Absolutely loved this! It flowed so well you wouldn't even know it was written by separate authors. Every story was so unique and so captivating you never knew how it was going to end. I really enjoyed how it all came together in the end and would highly recommend reading this
Profile Image for Brenda  K.
90 reviews1 follower
February 20, 2019
This is such an interesting take on the 7 deadly sins. It's different and it totally rocked. This is a first time for me reading a few of these authors. They all had really good stories. Reading these stories it felt as though they were true from history and not something made up. Each story comes from a different place and time but it is all the stories of Tom.. In the end Tom has to face his sins. I am here to tell you if you are looking for a happy end you wont find it here. These are story's of ones failings in life, and seeking redemption. These stories will bring out many different emotions, Each story has a different conclusion and they are sort of emotional all in their own. I think this was quite a clever way to write a historical fiction. After reading this book I totally get the cover!
Profile Image for Jenny Hale.
42 reviews6 followers
January 7, 2016
I'll start my review by saying that I don't usually read books in this genre. I saw the reviews, and met one of the authors, and decided to give it a fair chance. I am very happy that I did! :)

There were six different story lines, and a sort of bonus at the end. With a paranormal touch overall, the five stories are a take on historical romance each with a different setting and degree of romance. We visit Ancient Rome and come almost full circle to the 1990s. I love romance, but these aren't your typical romance stories!

One element I usually love about romance is that all of it follows a standard formula. These stories however, did not. There were times that I reached for my tissues, there were times that I laughed, and times that I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. I liked the roller coaster of emotions.

All the stories were woven together so intricately, and the end was phenomenal. This is a book that I highly recommend :) Go grab your copy today!! Be careful though.... you won't be able to tear yourself away once you start reading.
Profile Image for Linda.
153 reviews
February 25, 2016
This isn't the first book I have read from these talented ladies, nor shall it be the last. I might be bias when it comes to them for I am one of their biggest fans. Without hesitation I purchased the book once available, though it did take me a while to get to it.

At first I was weary, thinking this would be like the movie Seven and I was way wrong. This is a tale of the journey of Thomas, one that will make you cry, identical to the first eight minutes of the movie Pixar's Up. Only one of the five lives of Thomas did I not bawl like a child.

Judgement was not something I was expecting and t gave an interesting twist of who Thomas truly is. (Found out something about the name so now can tease my husband with the same name). Then there is the main twist that is jaw dropping and depending how one is raised is it brow raising or blasphemous.

I personally loved it, but like I mentioned, I am bias for I love everything I have read so far by all these incredible women. I recommend the book can eager to read more from all of them!
Profile Image for Kellyann.
332 reviews9 followers
July 5, 2016
This book is so good. Written by 5 authors telling a story in different periods of life. First, I could not put this book down. There were 7 stories told and each one involved the same man. In each story he endures heartache, pain, happiness, love, trust etc. What is most important, this man is tested in each and every one of these lives. There are seven deadly sins, and he most find peace and Redemption for them all. Of course we are all human, we all sin. It's about finding forgiveness in your heart and receiving forgiveness from others we have betrayed. We don't always make the right choices, but we must be willing to learn from our mistakes. This book took me on a journey, it taught me how much we take for granted. Thomas loved and lived in each of these stories and in the end he came to acknowledge his weaknesses and not only did it humble him, but it also strengthened him and those he loved during his lives. It opens your eyes to a bigger picture, a much bigger world. Magnificent book!
Profile Image for Amy.
163 reviews
April 24, 2016
I won a paperback copy of this book from a giveaway on Facebook & first off, I want to say: the book itself is beautiful. I love the format used, the story headings, etc.

Now, onto the story itself:
I loved how this was a story within a story, well I guess technically it was a few stories within a story. And, the story was unique - each of the stories were unique. Not only did it give you a taste of something new, there was a little something old mixed in - in the form of morals. I refuse to say more on this subject for risk of spoiling the story. But, believe me when I say you'll be thrown for a loop a bit at the end. This book will leave you in a bit of a daze, with a smile on your face & possibly teary eyes as well.
Profile Image for Melissa Burcham.
240 reviews3 followers
June 18, 2016

This was a great book! While I am not a huge novella fan, I very much enjoyed this collection of short stories. The way that all the stories came together was amazing. And the final story, WOW! Didn't see that coming. Each of these authors are wonderful writers and this collaboration was very unique! I recommend this book to others! I am not going to give a synopsis of the book as it would be too easy to give the whole collection away. I definitely urge you to pick up this book and give it a shot!!!
186 reviews2 followers
April 19, 2016
Interesting story line

Five stories of a man and women. The man, Thomas, in each story of a life he is living encounters a sin or sins and the decision of temptation for the said sin determines the destiny for that life and that of the women he loves. But the trials are a fraction of the true trial, the one seeking redemption. Good story idea but could have been.... more sinful.
529 reviews1 follower
March 9, 2016
Short stories that you won't want to put down the book!
Profile Image for Tricia Copeland.
Author 28 books936 followers
December 19, 2018
This was an exceptionally written unique read. I would suggest it to history buffs and fantasy readers alike!
Profile Image for Jackie Bach.
586 reviews
December 15, 2017
This book is amazingly awesome and I love the way it was written!! You guys are awesome!
Profile Image for Paula Genereau.
2,894 reviews27 followers
September 3, 2017
Wow. This book was awesome. It had me hooked from the beginning. I couldn't put it down. It was a different kinda book than I have read but it was amazing.
Displaying 1 - 29 of 31 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.