What do you think?
Rate this book
357 pages, Hardcover
First published July 5, 2016
- Our main character has a condition which will result in the loss of her memory and eventually her life.For lovers of books like The Fault in Our Stars, this is bound to be a hit. Unfortunately there was something missing for this reader.
- Said main character with said devastating and ultimately fatal condition is a teenager who’s about to finish high school and has so many plans for her future. Plans which will never eventuate thanks to said condition.
- Recently after the diagnosis she develops a relationship with the boy she’s had a crush on for years.
- She also reconnects with the boy she used to be the best of friends with. The guy who has always thought she was awesome.
- She’s the oldest child in her family, and has some truly touching moments with her parents and siblings.
- It’s told in the form of a diary, so we get an unreliable narrator and prime seats all in one.
- She refuses to submit to her condition. She’s determined to beat it. Despite all the people telling her how bad her prognosis is. Despite signs of deterioration and lapses in memory.
9.5 out of 10