Start by marking “Corpse Party: Blood Covered, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Corpse Party: Blood Covered, Vol. 1

Corpse Party: Blood Covered, Vol. 1

(Corpse Party: Blood Covered #1-2)

A stormy night. A harmless ghost story. A silly pact intended to symbolize their friendship.

But before the students of class 2-9 at Kisaragi Academy even know what's happening, they've been swept up in a living nightmare that threatens to consume them all.

When the spirits emerge, will even their friends be left to hear them scream...?

Published May 2016 by Yen Press (first published November 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Corpse Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corpse Party

Mehsi
So this was as awesome as the games were. It pretty much followed the same story, but it was still great fun to see it in this form.

A little warning though, the same as the games, if you can't handle gore, then don't read this one. It is pretty much on par with Higurashi goreness. So be warned!

This release combines the first 2 volumes of the series, the same they did with Higurashi.

It starts off with our group of MCs doing horror stories while at school late, when they decide (with a teacher)
Erica
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This manga was everything I'd hoped for - scary: Sooo scary, and [unfortunately] I've grown rather numb to horror so this was such a great "surprise" - and gory(!) but also funny ((/ω\)) and sweet - it sounds like a very odd combination, but it works so well.

The story takes place in an old, supposedly abandoned (really it's supposed to have been demolished, but I prefer the term "abandoned"; it sounds way more sinister!) elementary school which was torn down because of the disappearances and mu
Matthew Galloway
It doesn't have the urgency of the game and isn't particularly scary. More gross.
Amaree
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you enjoy reading, watching, or even listening to ghost storys? Especially the really scary, gruesome ones? I do, I love horror, gruesome, disturbing stuff. I find it fun, and maybe you do to. I present this manga "Corpse Party: Bloodcovered" the best horror, gruesome manga there is. Just to warn you, this is basically a japanese comic, so there are very disturbing pictures in there. So if you get distrubed easily, I wouldn't recomend this book to you. Yet, if you are an all lover manga fan, ...more
Stacie
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Corpse Party is as graphic and gory as it sounds. It follows a typical spooky, haunted house sort of plot, only it takes place in an elementary school. I finished this in one sitting and loved it. The story was so fast paced and it definitely handled suspense well. I felt like there was going to be some creepy thing around every corner. If you can't handle violence and gruesome scenes, I would advise to steer clear. If you don't mind that stuff and like the horror genre, I think this is an enter ...more
Jake Kropik
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 of the 2017 Summer Biannual Bibliothon. Completed the challenge of Seen Somewhere Other Than Booktube.

I absolutely loved this manga. I am familiar with the game and anime, but this first volume covered exactly up to the point I stopped in the game.

I am very sad about the death of Seiko, and I feel as if killing Naomi would have made more sense. I am also worried that they killed the Sensei, although I don't think they would do that.

Although there are some weird aspects and parts to thi
K8
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
meh
Thomas Adcock
A wonderful read, even better than I expected it to be. THe only thing better I can think of would be to play either the PSP or 3DS games to better enhance the experience.
SherwoodDemon
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very good and creepy. But I found all the sex jokes out of place in such a terrifying setting.
Myra Smith
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is really scary. I just wished I hadn't read it at night. Especially when my daughter wouldn't let me cuddle with her. I'm so scared!
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was intense and scary and so good. It left me wanting more and I will definitely read the rest of the series one day.
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this.
After seeing the gameplay and watching the anime it has the same feel.
Lorelei
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A little slow going for me, but I do like the premise of it. Ghost story mixed with some sci-fi. I think I'll keep reading it and then watch the animes to see how they compare.
Aaron Alderden
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! It is great to see this game series in such a well designed book series. The art is good and the dialogue of this series continues to be some of the best. The tention of the book can be off kilter sometimes and some of the game's scariest moments leaving you wanting in book form, but overall the books are still creepy. The original game released in the 1990's and continues to beguile audiences in any iteration it takes. I suggest picking up the game and then this book series as soon a ...more
Angela Barbee
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. A lot of extra sex stuff that was unneeded in the story. But the main story was creepy and fun.
Rod Brown
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
A bunch of kids are transported to a haunted school and killed one by one. For literal shits and giggles.

I read through this first volume without knowing it was adapted from a videogame, and once I found that out it explained a lot of the mean-spirited treatment of the two-dimensional characters. As others have pointed out here, there is some gratuitous fan service that annoys more than titillates. The art isn't that great, with the female characters being almost indistinguishable except for sl
Rebecca
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, manga, ya
A decent horror story, but it feels like Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 1's younger sister trying really super hard to be as good at something as her big sis. It does get better as the book goes on, though, so this may just be one that takes its time really getting going.

Full review eventually appearing on ANN.
Ragna Ragnarsdóttir
Shelves: books-i-own
4.5
Woowott
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Not great. Some pointless fan service. But the horror element is entertaining, and the horror art is decent. The characters are tropes, but they aren't unlikeable. So we'll see.
Liz
Name (in native language): 祁答院慎
Associated Names:
天神小学校 用務員
Kedwin

Corpse Party: Blood Covered (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • コープスパーティー BloodCovered 1 [Corpse Party - Blood Covered 1]