Start by marking “Lola Levine and the Ballet Scheme” as Want to Read:
Lola Levine and the Ballet Scheme

Lola Levine and the Ballet Scheme

(Lola Levine #3)

When new classmate Bella, a ballet dancer, walks into Lola's class at Northland Elementary, all Lola can see is pink everywhere--pink ribbons, a pink sweatshirt, and pink tennis shoes. Yuck! Pink is Lola's least favorite color. Plus, Ballet isn't nearly as hard as soccer, is it?
Lola and Bella can't seem to stop squabbling. But when a mishap during class lands them in Princ
Published July 5th 2016 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Lola Levine and the Ballet Scheme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lola Levine and the Ballet Scheme

Senator
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-book, diverse
I'm 99% sure this is my new favorite kids' book series. Lola and the other characters are just so endearing. Like a diverse Ramona & Beezus!
Kellie Fronk
This was such a fun book that touched on so many aspects that students and children can learn while in elementary school. Not only does it touch on different cultures but it also talks about reaching out to different "groups" and trying to understand them. I think this book definitely should be found in classrooms to allow for students to have access to books that teach about looking outside yourself and being able to make friends who are different than you.
Kate Johnson
Diverse
Great story about a 2nd grader, and the new girl that moves in. This is a good example of children learning to get along despite differences.
Emma L
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was awesome because Bella Lola levines friend loves ballet and I am in ballet,tap,and jazz. l love ballet and the color pink just like Bella.
Abbigail Harper
I really liked this diverse book because through Bella and Lola's journey, kids learn that you can be friends with anyone, even if your interests are different! It also gives great examples of how we should respect other people's hobbies and interests, even if we don't like them ourselves.

( My Diverse Selection.)
Nancy Kotkin
This third book in the Lola Levine chapter book series is so much better than the first one. Lola learns an important lesson about empathy towards others. Love the acrostics and the inclusion of some Spanish words and Latino culture.
Desi Kennedy
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Texas Bluebonnet Nominee! I enjoyed this cute story about how you can be different and still like each other.
Rachel
#bookaday -- Nice story with diverse characters with a good theme (its great to try something new)
Abby Johnson
A great entry in this fun series. When Lola finds herself at odds with the new girl Bella, a ballerina who loves pink and seems to be Lola's complete opposite, their moms come up with a scheme. Bella will try one soccer practice with Lola and Lola will try one ballet class with Bella. In trying out each other's activities, Lola and Bella discover that they have more in common than they thought and that they just might be able to get along after all.

This is a cute, diverse story about friendship
Steph
So the ISD library has Lola Levine books 1-4. But, the second book is checked out, so I had to move onto #3 - The Ballet Scheme. And of course two strong willed girls end up butting heads before they become friends. But what I love is that Monica Brown has put my worries to rest and made a female protagonist who develops a bond with another girl. Friendships with boys are healthy, but writing a female protagonist who doesn't devalue female friendships is wonderful!

Go Lola! Go Bella!
Love this bo
Gloria G
Lola Levine does not follow the traditional girl norms, she enjoys playing soccer and hates the color pink. When a new classmate, Bella, all dressed in pink, joins her class, Lola is sure that they will not be friends. After an argument, Lola’s mother plans a scheme to teach them a lesson! Through ballet and soccer, the girls realize that they have more in common than they thought but will they become friends? Lola’s charming, funny, and curious personality will leave the readers wanting to read ...more
Phyllis Wright
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who knew that ballet could be useful in soccer?
Susan
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: j3-poc
Lola, a Peruvian American 2nd grader makes friends with the new girl-- a ballet loving Mexican American girl.
Yay Latinas in beginning chapter books!!!
Child960801
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels
This is a cute story about a second grade girl learning to make friends with someone who seems different from her at first.
Yamile Méndez
Jul 27, 2016 added it
Shelves: emmas-books-2016
Finished 7/27/16
Carrie Gelson
If I return to primary, this is a series I will be putting into my classroom collection.
PWRL
May 01, 2018
McKena Alford
Feb 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Monica Brown, Ph.D. is the author of awardwinning bilingual books for children, including My Name Is Celia: The Life of Celia Cruz/Me llamo Celia: La vida de Celia Cruz (Luna Rising), a recipient of the Américas Award for Children's Literature and a Pura Belpré Honor. Her second picture book, My Name Is Gabriela: The Life of Gabriela Mistral/Me llamo Gabriela: La vida de Gabriela Mistral (Luna Ris ...more

Lola Levine (6 books)
  • Lola Levine Is Not Mean!
  • Lola Levine: Drama Queen