Start by marking “Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)” as Want to Read:
Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)

Voodoo Moon (Charmed #5)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  927 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
If her soul is bound by an evil spell,
Call back her spirit with a ringing bell.
Salt in her left hand, gold in her right
Will cast out the dark and restore her soul's light.

The Halliwells are on vacation. It's time to party in New Orleans.

But on Prue, Piper and Phoebe's first night in the Big Easy, Phoebe has a dream filled with images of strange, violent rituals under a fu
Published 1999 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Voodoo Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voodoo Moon

Werner
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Supernatural fiction readers, especially Charmed fans
The long-running TV series Charmed was (and is --it's still in syndication, and she has all or most seasons on DVD) among my wife's top favorite TV shows, and I'm a fan myself (though not an uncritical one). I was looking for a short, quick-paced read that could entertain while filling in time as I waited to start a common read, and that's exactly what this book delivered. At 181 pages, many readers could consume it in one or two long sittings, and the brisk style invites that.

The primary audien
Rose Heartfilia
I was wondering if the sister that is alone on the cover is always the target. mostly one of the sisters is more in front. Voodoo Moon is one of the first in the exception. Besides it is just a theory that I just started although I thought about it in Whispers from the past. Where it was Phoebe. Since the picture on Voodoo Moon doesn't show the connection between Phoebe and Prue, Phoebe again is alone. And surprise surprise target or the one that has the problem.

A new theory and enough time thi
Rachel Gunter
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Voodoo Moon has been my favourite Charmed novel so far! I loved the setting of New Orleans, and the voodoo stuff was really interesting. I liked how the history and types of voodoo were included. In the last Charmed book I read, Whispers of the Past, I felt like the sisters weren't true to character, but they were definitely a lot better in this one. Looking forward to continuing with the rest of the series!
Jonathan Currinn
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Another Charmed book read, but was it all that it was cracked up to be? Clearly not by my rating.

This wasn't a typical Charmed story, this failed to draw in the reader. I have been a long-time fan of Charmed and I have been going over my Charmed box sets recently and have just finished Series 4, but this failed to capture the Charmed essence which featured in the previous books.

The story was thick, full of surprises and it would have gotten a high rating from me however the writing style definit
Megan
I loved how this book took place somewhere other than San Francisco and thought that the location of New Orleans was a great alternative location. I found the book to be fun, but who the bad person was wasn't a surprise at all and I thought the sisters were pretty slow to figure it out. Still, I would recommend it to fans of Charmed.
Christy
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Charmed Fans, Zombie fans, Voodoo fans
Voodoo Moon is the fifth book in the Charmed series. I read this when I was in high school, but I don't remember it at all. It has been between nine and eleven years depending which grade I was in. Wendy Corsi Staub did a great job at writing this book. I loved it from beginning to end, which I wasn't sure I would half way through it.

The sisters go to New Orleans in this book on vacation. There are some problems right away for one Prue almost misses the flight due to traffic. Once the sisters g
Alyssa Oppelt
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I found this and three other books from the series at a thrift store and figured since the TV show is good, the books can't be half bad, right? Pretty much. What I love most is how short and quick it is. I have a hard time reading long books with a toddler in tow, so I'm all for a short and simple book! This was really good for a Charmed book, I guess, but voodoo doesn't really interest me, so the topic wasn't really spectacular or anything. I think the only reason I finished this in a day was o ...more
Chelsea Gouin
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
The Charmed Ones head for an exciting adventure in the Bayou! I think this book would only appeal to fans of the show. If you are not familiar with the show, then it is awfully weak in characterization. I do love Charmed and enjoyed reading this book. They are nice to read as in-between books. The plot was interesting and creepy as it explored the Cajun culture and the creepy aspects of Voodoo. I just wish that they had gotten to the "good stuff" sooner and drew it out more. It seemed the last 2 ...more
Rosario Villamor
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I've always loved Charmed since I was just a kid, so reading this was second nature for me. The novel was set in New Orleans, since the place IS known for its voodoo and other magical what-not. Nothing much can be said about this novel except that it was your typical fun adventure for three Halliwell sisters (Prue, Piper, and Phoebe). I probably liked the part where the whole story did a turnabout with its characters. You might think at first that the other characters were good, but then at the ...more
Maud
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this Charmed volume, it was exciting and new and a real nice read. It's fun to read about the three sisters while they are not in their home town. After all the charmed episodes I have seen their neighborhood is well known to me so it was fun to read about them being in New Orleans. The story further is very enjoyable, Voodoo is an interesting subject to read about and although the plot might have been a bit of a cliche it was still fun and interesting to read. A great novel fro ...more
Noa
Oct 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A good one shot type of story, and as much as I try to put the book in the cannon of the overall series, I just couldn't see this book doing that. The story was good within itself. It was disconnected from everything else, not only the setting of New Orleans, but the lore and Voodoo. It happened to be a different experience altogether, not to say that isn't a bad thing, it was just different. There were even zombies involved in the book.
Chené
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This quick pocketbook read freaked me out... Voodoo + Zombies = Nightmares. Weird I know.. This doesn't normally happen. There was something really intense about this book! I loved the adventure - what can you expect when the Charmed ones take a vacation to New Orleans... trouble and magic! There was 1 twist I expected & 2 I didn't see coming!

Final Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this quick read even though it gave me some nightmares - Bring on the next one!
Molly
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was great. it was fun to read and if you are into witches and warlocks like i am i think that you will like it a bunnch. its about three sisters who find out they have powers and that they are the charmed ones who are the most powerful witches in the whole entire world. the book describes their adventures to defeat evil. it is immensely interesting and fun.

Amanda
Sep 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
I love the Charmed TV series and read this because I love the show so much. I found that while I liked the book, the show is definetly better for the magical aspects, pacing etc. This might be biased as I loved the show so much but I thought that it was a good read but I would pick the show over these spin off books any day.
Anna Chrysostomou
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Loved the series and felt like the books helped fill the void when it was done but I'm afraid the writing isn't that great. Now I have Charmed on DVD so...
These books are good if you've got nothing else to read I guess
Jace Wolfe
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was the first Charmed book I read. I have watched the series and this book totally lives up to its potential!! It is an awesome and unique story! Fans of charmed should definitely read this!
Samantha Stanton
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: witches
Good enjoyed it
Alex
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really liking it so far, only about a chapter or two in, but this shows great potential
Rita
Oct 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Not a bad tie-in book but found I was skipping bits to get to the end.
Rebecca Berto
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it

Glad I read it as a Charmed fan but it was so dry (screenplay-ish), scripted and the sisters felt like different people. Boring people.
Vampiress_demitri
Great series and a great tv series
Simmie
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
brilliant book love it :)
Gwen
Mar 01, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, owned-nl
Like all the other Charmed novels, a great book, and just as good as the actual show.
Brigitte
Dec 30, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
another book I have from the CHARMED TV series hahaha Prue was my favorite character, and I stopped watching when they killed her off. So yeah, you must know I hate Paige lol
Marloes
Feb 04, 2010 added it
Recommends it for: Anyone who watched Charmed
Recommended to Marloes by: Charmed
Shelves: witches
Allright. This is my least favorite of the few charmed books i've read so far. The stopry is a little complicated and I didn't really like the whole voodoo thing.
Ella
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: charmed-books
This you should read it is very good.
Charles Humphrey
Aug 18, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any ones who likes voodoo.
The book was good but it drug a little to much for me.
Mckenzie Mauser
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me engaged the entire time. I usually don't read suspense books but I love the show. This is an easy read and keeps your mind thinking.
Courtney
awesome detail but not exatly as seen on tv i watched every single charmed episode and read every charmed book i am their no.1 fan.
Khadega.wzaky
Oct 28, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i think that the book is perfect im in love with it i think its one of the best books iv ever read i think that they feel like they are outsiders .
  • Haunted by Desire (Charmed, #6)
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • The Crimson Spell (Charmed, #3)
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Garden of Evil (Charmed, #13)
  • Between Worlds (Charmed, #20)
  • The Brewing Storm (Charmed, #25)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • Mystic Knoll (Charmed, #28)
  • Beware What You Wish (Charmed, #10)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...

Charmed (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • The Crimson Spell (Charmed, #3)
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Haunted by Desire (Charmed, #6)
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • Beware What You Wish (Charmed, #10)
  • Charmed Again (Charmed, #11)