Start by marking “Cat Knit” as Want to Read:
Cat Knit

Cat Knit

Until the day Girl takes Yarn away.

When Yarn Returns, he is completely changed, no longer Cat's bright and rolly friend. Cat is mad!

Published October 11th 2016 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Cat Knit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat Knit

Adrienne Pettinelli
"Cat waited and waited. He wasn't sure what Girl was up to, but he didn't like it."

I'm pretty sure my cats could relate to this. Also the closing illustration of Cat wearing little knit booties just kills me. So funny.
Edward Sullivan
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun story with great expressive illustrations.
Abigail
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Cat Lovers / Readers Looking for Amusing Picture-Books
When Yarn is introduced to his home, Cat befriends the fuzzy ball, and the two become good friends. Then the feline's human girl takes Yarn and turns him into something scratchy and less-than-friendly, and things take a downturn in their friendship. Suddenly Yarn (in the form of a sweater) is something that Cat wants to get rid of... until, that is, he realizes how cold he is without his new outer layer.

The text of author/illustrator Jacob Grant's Cat Knit is extremely simple, but also quite hum
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from PanMacmillan Australia for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
A cat and ball of yarn are best friends. When Yarn undergoes a big change, Cat doesn't know if the friendship can endure.

It's no secret that we are big fans of yarn and its related fibre-crafted products around the shelf, and when yarn is combined with a cute, grumpy-faced cat that looks a little like one of the cats in the dwelling, you can be sure that we will be big fans of the result.

Cat, unsurprising
Megan (ReadingRover)
Super cute book! Love the illustrations and the expressions on the cat’s face!
Barbara
This humorous story about an unlikely friendship may touch many readers' hearts. After Girl brings home a ball of yarn, Cat is fascinated by his new friend. But Girl has plans for Yarn, and the new friends' play is interrupted when she knits a sweater for Cat from the material. But the new sweater is nothing like Yarn, and Cat hates wearing the new sweater. After trying to get away from Yarn, Cat realizes that he might need to be patient with his friend and accept him as he is. Filled with illus ...more
KC
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A humorously written and delightfully illustrated tale of Cat, Girl, and Yarn!
Adriana
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simple sentences, good message, and had me laughing. Would have preferred a little more color but I'm nitpicking.
Julie
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: src-2017
Hilarious. I can't wait to share this in storytime.
Kristina Jean Lareau
Expressive charcoal and crayon illustrations engage readers with a humorous knitted tale.
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book is so cute. Then sad. Then it teaches a meaningful lesson. Definitely a quick, impactful read, especially if you want to teach your children about true friendship.
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the illustrations. And the fact that the author correctly illustrated how yarn needles actually function. The end picture was pretty cute. Very simplistic story, but the illustrations were def my favorite.
Sandy
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
So cute. Poor Cat. He likes his friend Yarn just as he is but after Girl gets through with Yarn he is different. But maybe not so bad.

The illustrations were cute but I would have liked a few more pages.
Jill
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one made me laugh out loud. A coupla times. I love how cat thought Yarn was a new friend.
Carol Jen
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simple, fun story with adorable, hilarious illustrations.
Deb
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-alena
It was a cat book kind of morning. My favorite part of this book is the ending. Made me smile.
Brittany Soder
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CAT BOOKS ARE THE BEST!
But really, a great story on friendship and change featuring the cutest friends ever <3
Beth Kakuma-Depew
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, 2018
sweet story told from Cat's perspective. But the art was not quite amazing. The cat was cute, but not super cute.
Lizzie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Girl gives Cat a new friend, Yarn. But when Yarn changes, Cat has feelings.
Straightforward and adorable. A nice preschool share.
Jennifer B.
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable and hilarious! I loved this, and other cat lovers would, too!
Sunny
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this book was the funniest book in the whole wide world !
If the girl was me ,I will make one for every cat!
I wish Jacob Grant can make more books.
Dolly
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2018, pets, humor, childrens
I had originally borrowed this book from our local library because I am a sucker for books about cats, and our oldest daughter loves cats and knits, so I just had to share it with her.

This is a cute, but utterly forgettable book about a cat who discovers a ball of yarn. The narrative is short, with a big font, which is great for beginning readers. And the illustrations, drawn with charcoal and crayon and colored digitally, are adorable and funny. But there was nothing that really grabbed me.

Tha
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Grant, Jacob Cat Knit, Feiwel & Friends, 2016. $16.99 PICTURE BOOK Content: G

Cat loves Yarn, they are best friends. Cat enjoys spending his days playing with Yarn and building a beautiful friendship. Then one day Girl takes away Yarn and when Yarn returns, nothing is the same. Cat misses his friend and has to decide whether or not he can accept the change that has been brought into his life.

This book’s illustrations and story are wonderful. Younger and older readers alike will enjoy Cat and
Selena
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: juvenile
Very cute, simple book that captures a cat's love for yarn that of course has nothing to do with a human's need. What I'd like to know is how to get a cat in a sweater. I have one that won't even tolerate a collar. I'm sure there are some outside of this book though.
Lynn
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Terrific illustrations and funny text make this one really fun. As a knitter it has extra appeal ;-)
Lisa T
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stellar :-)
Susan
This was greatly enjoyed by the kindergarten classes.
Wendy
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hilarious! I like my cats to have a little bit of an attitude, and this one certainly does. A must read for all cat lovers, extra bonus if you're a knitter too.
Leigh Anne
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute for chlidren, mandatory for certain adults.

Said adults include a) those with cats, b) those who knit, and c) the overlapping Venn diagram thereof. Because basically, this is the story of your life and your cat, distilled into a handful of colorful pages.

Basically, Cat and Yarn are friends. They hang out together, play, nap, etc., and all is well. But then Girl takes Yarn away, and when Yarn comes back, Yarn is different....and Cat is not pleased.

It's hard, if you've taken a lot of English l
Christine Turner
ATA Storytime Kit -- Dealing with change, pets, kindness, ?

Summary
Cat and Yarn are the best of friends. They have so much fun playing together, the two are inseparable. Until the day Girl takes Yarn away. When Yarn Returns, he is completely changed, no longer Cat's bright and jolly friend. Cat is mad! Soon, Cat begins to miss his best friend, and he just might realize that a little change isn't so bad after all.

Subject: Change -- Juvenile fiction.
Cats -- Juvenile fiction.
Friendship -- Juvenile f
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• I Am a Cat
  • Cat Nap
  • A Hat for Mrs. Goldman: A Story About Knitting and Love
  • Spot, the Cat
  • Get Out of My Bath!
  • I Hate My Cats (A Love Story): (Cat book for Kids, Picture Book about Pets)
  • Is There a Dog in This Book?
  • The Summer Nick Taught His Cats to Read
  • A Perfect Day
  • It's All About Me-Ow
  • Grumpy Pants
  • My New Mom & Me
Hello! I’m Jacob Grant and I make picture books. Absurd and heartfelt picture books.

Originally from Ohio, I now live in Chicago with my wife and one very busy child. When not wrangling this little force of nature, I can be found in my home studio drawing, painting and writing until something feels story-ish. With a bit of luck, some of this mess gets made into books!

Author and Illustrator of: