Start by marking “No Holding Back” as Want to Read:
No Holding Back

No Holding Back

(Dodge Cove #2)

A romantic European vacation is the perfect excuse to let go in this highly anticipated sequel to No Love Allowed by Kate Evangelista.

Everyone knows that Nathan is in love with his best friend, Preston…Everyone except Preston. Nathan has always accepted that Preston was too focused on his swim training to worry about love. But Preston is heading off to train for the Olymp
Published October 18th 2016 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about No Holding Back, please sign up.
Holly Definitely. There are some elements and characters that carry over from NO LOVE ALLOWED, but nothing that will be too confusing for those who haven't…moreDefinitely. There are some elements and characters that carry over from NO LOVE ALLOWED, but nothing that will be too confusing for those who haven't read the first book. (less)

Lola
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

Favourite quote: ‘‘One pot brownie changed everything.’’

Alright, alright, perhaps not the best of the quotes to choose from, but it’s what it unravels in the story that makes it so darn important and hilarious.

No Holding Back is supposedly the sequel to No Love Allowed but, to tell you the truth, I had no idea when I requested it, and I fully understood everything about this one. Even the secondary characters charmed me.

That’s what it is: charming to the max.

It’s a ‘‘best-friends-to-l
Chelsey Ellice
I really enjoyed the second book in this series. So glad to find out at the end that there is going to be a third! I wasn't sure at first if i would like it as I havent read a love story involving a gay couple. But it was still a love story and I am happy with any love story. Im a hopeless romantic waiting for my prince charming. Until then i'll read books like this one. If you loved the first you will love the second.
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I had seen No Holding Back previously mentioned on the Swoon Reads website and when the opportunity arose to take part in a promotional tour for the book, I leapt at the chance. I have to say, I was not disappointed by what I read. This novel is the 2nd in the Dodge Cove series HOWEVER, you can read this one without reading the first book first. The story follows Nathan and Preston, two close friends. Nathan, an event and party planner and Preston, a swimmer with ambitions to go to the Olympics. ...more
Stacee
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I have always loved the BFF to more plot line and coupled with Nathan as one of the MCs and I was sold.

I loved Nathan from the first book, so I was thrilled to see that we got this book and it was awesome being in his head. He's confident and insecure and his inner monologue is so authentic. Preston needed some shaking. He's a good person, but laser focused on swimming and that boy needed to buy a clue.

Sure the structure of the plot was a bit predictable, but it was sweet and swoony and heartb
Paige
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
No Holding Back is the second book in the Dodge Cove series, but you needn’t have read the first one to enjoy this one (I didn’t!).

This book was originally brought to my attention (not only because of that gorgeous cover) through Bookevin’s awesome review, and I knew I had to pick it up IMMEDIATELY.

I haven’t dabbled in much of SwoonReads’ catalogue and I’m kicking myself as to why not because if the other titles follow this sickly sweet formula then you can sign me right up.

Preston and Nathan we
(Source: Read for free at swoonreads.com)

This was such a good MM romance, and Nathan and Preston were just so good together.

I really like Nathan and Preston, even though they both hesitated to become more than friends. It was obvious how much they cared for each other, and how much they each cared for their respective families, and they both just had such big hearts.

The storyline in this was pretty good, even though Preston and Nathan’s relationships had plenty of bumps in the road! I really lik
Suze Lavender
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nathan has been in love with his best friend Preston for years, only Preston is oblivious to everything that happens around him, because he's so focused on his swimming career. His dream is to be a successful Olympic swimmer. He's tried out for his dream team, but he has to wait a month for the results to come in. Nathan thinks he needs a distraction and he's determined to take Preston away from his sorrows during their last few weeks of freedom.

Nathan has always been supportive of Preston's dre
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 3.5*

Full review to come closer to release date! but this one was really cute. Most of my issues with it stem from the writing itself and the little bit of lag in the middle. Definitely recommend checking it out though!

Read this as part of the #ReadProud Challenge.

Books and Ladders | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'
Abbie
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: swoonreads
This was another good read, and i'm glad Nathan and Preston's story got told.

I really liked Nathan and Preston together! They didn't have an easy ride, but they always got through it. Their love for one another was really nice to see.
It was good that they mentioned Didi and Caleb, (Even if those snippets weren't anything new) as they were another cute couple!

The ending to this was really good, and i had a smile on my face while reading it. I loved Didi and Caleb together, but i think i loved t
Dahlia
Whoops, forgot to note when I read this earlier this year. This book is exactly what I mean when I say not all m/m is actually LGBT - it's nice to think a queer couple of guys would have a charming trip through Europe holding hands whenever they like without ever thinking about their surroundings and where that'd be safe, including in religious countries, but I think that's m/m fantasy, not LGBT reality, and I really struggle to get behind that.
Bookevin
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finished this in one day. So satisfying. The swoony romance was everything and that hot shower scene? Drool.

Full review: https://bookevin.wordpress.com/2016/1...
Rafael
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The only words that I could think of to summarize No Holding Back by Kate Evangelista are innocence and tease! I have read No Love Allowed which is the first book and I could confidently say that No Holding Back has a lot of improvement in terms of writing style. I was so immersed in reading No Holding Back that I’m not even aware what time is it when I was closely in the end. And at the end, it looks like I enjoyed it more than I expected.

Let’s talk about Preston and Nathan. Apparently, I am bo
Jessica
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-review
This book was surprisingly good. As I am not usually a huge fan of the romance genre, I was worried that I would dislike this book, however, I was pleasantly surprised.
Nathan (the main character) was very substantial and wholesome, as was Preston. They both had positive traits and flaws- something which made them feel much more realistic than typical YA characters. They were in no way idealised to make them seem perfect.
Another thing that I enjoyed was how their relationship also had it's flaw
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nathan and Preston is loveeee. Add some Caleb and Didi and Tash and a hunk of a mysterious guy and some family and carreer drama the voila! One amazing book. Full review on : https://thequeenreads.wordpress.com/2...
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.25

Thank you Kate Evangelista for the opportunity to read your book. This was a great read. The storyline was enjoyable. Also, I really enjoyed see the love between Nathan and Preston. They really are meant to be together. They do not have an easy love, but they have a love that is worth fight for. I think that is what made this book for me. It showed how to people really fight for the love they shared even if
Kristin Davison
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This was kind of a meh read, I liked the storyline but didn't feel completely connected to it. I love the prose of the author and she is brilliantly descriptive. The relationship between the two MC's is really believable and I liked how slow of a burn the romance was. Nathan is a bit stereotypical, which annoys me.
Camelle
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all, thank you for giving me a chance to review this book, I am glad to be part of this book tour. I've been looking forward for this new book of Kate Evangelista since I heard about this, adding up that this book is an LGBT, it made me curious and excited at the same time.

"Be careful. Love is like acid in the veins. It eats you from the inside out until there is nothing left."

I had a great time reading the book, I felt Nathan's dilemma and endeavor during the Europe trip. Hiding his tr
Say
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
There was only one book I’ve read which is M/M and it was an adult book. I’m kinda wary reading these types of stories, since it’s not just a sensitive topic but few authors can only pull off a rather satisfying story. But yes, Kate being a great storyteller that she is definitely pulled this off and it left me satisfied indeed. Nathan and Preston felt “real” for me and yup I hope there would be a Natasha and Jackson story. =)

Koen
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
So this read is very, short and can be read in a couple of hours if you're a quick reader. Quite simply put, it's cute. It's nothing groundbreaking and the characters aren't fleshed out very well. It's better to see this novel as a snapshot of a short period in their lives. What happened before and what happened after wasn't relevant.

Really this is a read-on-the-beach-summer-romance novel. It's light and cute and I enjoyed it.

(Although the amsterdam trope annoyed me a bit)
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Great cast of characters. Sweet endearing friendship. Budding fresh and new romance. All taking place on the plains of the European continent, France, Ireland, Italy. Nathan and Preston live up their friendship and create a more lasting bond.

There were Nathan and Preston and their respective families and additional friends. Their hearts matched their personalities. They were both sweet and caring, dedicated and devoted.

The story flowed and was beautifully written, enjoyable characters, and adven
Lex
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was very cute and good! I liked it. Although I must say Pres is a bit of an airhead lol. I loved that it doesn't have any kind of hate feeling about one's sex. I mean, they are like "so what if they are gay?" Everyone accepts them as is. Even the mothers. Which I would've thought that they'd be kind of devastated. But I am so glad that they support Pres and Nate. It was a really good one. :)
Haley
*I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review*
I honestly wasn't sure what to think about his book, I've read the first book and I really liked it. This book is about Nathan and Preston flying to Europe to get Preston's mind off of swimming and for Nathan to get a chance to confess his love for Preston. The writing in this book to me wasn't as strong as in the first one. I wasn't that into the plot and the story was more unrealistic to me. I didn't enjoy how the point o
Abby♡Books
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this was such a cute love story and they're wasn't a "gay agenda " it was treated as any love story and that's why I love it do much and Nate he's such an amazing person ^_^
Jared Suarez
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is super adorable xD
I maybe consider this like trashy YA because it's so typical and everything happens so casually, the dudes were on a month long vacation around Europe in the fathers' private jet, I mean, it doesn't get any more fancy than that xD

Nevertheless, the love story was really cute and easy to read, I really liked this one
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: No Holding Back
Author: Kate Evangelista
Genre: Adult MM Romance
Format: Ebook - NetGalley
Pages: 256
Rating: 5
Heat: 2

Thoughts: This was such a sweet story! I didn’t’ realize this was part of a series so I haven’t read book one but I don’t feel that I missed anything (and I will read book 1). Nathan and Preston are just too adorable for words. Best friends since they can remember, somewhere along the way it became more. I’m actually kinda bummed it’s over, the characters were so well wri
Jennifer Y.
*I received a digital ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review…and will be buying myself a copy ;) *

From the moment I first learned about this book, I have wanted to read it. It didn’t matter to me that I hadn’t read Kate Evangelista’s first book in which we meet these characters, there was just something about the description of this one that called to me and said, “Read me!” And I am so glad that I got the chance to do just that! I apologize in advance if I get a little sappy.

Friends
Agrima
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want to thank the author and Sarah forgiving me a copy of this book.
Even though this is the second book in the series 'Dodge Cove' think this can be read as a stand-alone. I did't read the first book though I want to this story made perfect sense.
The beginning of the book it was all about how Preston was striving to be the best swimmer and how Nathan was always there to help him all the time.At the time Preston was the main attraction for me.But soon as their European Holiday began I loved Na
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Nov 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc

Kate Evangelista’s No Holding Back improves on No Love Allowed, the first book in the Dodge Cove series, which I immediately loathed last year. I wouldn’t have requested No Holding Back if I’d realized it was a sequel. And, let’s be real, I wouldn’t have missed out on anything if I hadn’t.

No Holding Back didn’t make me mad, and it was a quick, easy read, but that’s about all it has going for it. The romance is fairly cute, too, I guess, but it’s impossible to ship characters strongly wh
Vanessa
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
If I would have to summarize this book in one word it would be "cute".
I thought it started out as a strong 4 stars story, but near the end it got considerably weaker, so it's probably more of a 3.75 rating now (I really need more options for giving those stars).

I read a sample chapter of No Holding Back in my copy of Been Here All Along a few weeks ago and found it so charming (it was sadly the best thing about that book to be honest) that I had to pre-order it right away. I don't regret it. Th
Jen
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it
**I received this as an egalley through Edelweiss in return for an honest review.**

When I first read the summary of this I thought it sounded cute and interesting, but in all honesty, there was nothing really spectacular about this book that stuck out to me. It's the story of two best friends who are conveniently rich enough to go off on an excursion to Europe while also dealing with their feelings for each other. While the characters were fun and the storyline mildly interesting, nothing really
Thunderclap Campaign 1 1 Oct 01, 2016 08:04PM
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
  • Jess, Chunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity
  • Been Here All Along
  • Whatever.: or how junior year became totally f$@ked
  • Autoboyography
  • The Secret Science of Magic
  • That Inevitable Victorian Thing
  • Stranger Than Fanfiction
  • Dress Codes for Small Towns
When Kate Evangelista, author of No Love Allowed and No Holding Back, was told she had a knack for writing stories, she did the next best thing: entered medical school. After realizing she wasn't going to be the next Doogie Howser, M.D., Kate wandered into the Literature department and never looked back. Today, she is a graduate of De La Salle University - Manila with a Bachelor of Arts in Literat ...more

Dodge Cove (3 books)
  • No Love Allowed (Dodge Cove, #1)
  • No Second Chances (Dodge Cove, #3)