Start by marking “Night of the Living Shadows” as Want to Read:
Night of the Living Shadows

Night of the Living Shadows

After sleeping off his adventure battling the evil Nightcrawlers, Speed Bump joins Slingshot on a quest to earn their Scavenger Hunt badge. Once they complete their last challenge, they'll no longer be Bird Scouts--they'll be Eagle Scouts! But, as is always the case with these two birds, their adventure turns into a misadventure when they end up at a shopping mall--fun by ...more
Published October 18th 2016 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Living Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Living Shadows

Start your review of Night of the Living Shadows
Anthony
In a quest to earn their scavenger badges to become eagle scouts, Speed Bump and Slingshot must find something that turns, something that's pink, something that burns, and something that stinks. Their new friend Nuthatch takes them to a mall, but they get trapped inside when it closes. While making their escape Speed Bump, gets trapped in a woman's purse. Slingshot and Nuthatch rescue him and at the scout meeting Slingshot reports that they didn't find any of the items required to become eagle ...more
Matt Venneman
Summary: Two birds, who are trying to earn their last badge to become Eagle Scouts, need to go on a scavenger hunt. However, their scavenger hunt turns into an adventure in which they get trapped in a mall and one friend must make a daring rescue to save the other friend.

Characteristics That Support This Genre: This book can be placed in the graphic novel category because it contains text and illustrations that present the story. The story is a hybrid of a chapter book and a graphic novel.

McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

I am all about the puns in this series (Rags 2 Ostriches, Owllister, PeckSun, Starbeaks). Hilarious.

This is a good follow up to Night of the Living Worms. It has the same style, incorporating funny illustrations with block text and speech bubbles for a non-intimidating setup for young readers.

I was a little disappointed that the "Living Shadows" didn't really play much of a role in this one. I was really intrigued by the idea, but the reveal felt
Nadina
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the way this book is written, the speech becoming part of the formatting.
The story is fun and the characters are quite funny. I also enjoy the artwork.
I think this is a great series for kids.
Jenn
#1 was better, but lots of funny puns and alliteration.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Coverly, Dave Night of the Living Shadows, 122 pgs. CHAPTER BOOK Christy Ottaviano Books, 2016 (Henry Holt and Company). $13.99 Content: G.

Speed Bump and Slingshot are two birds that are best friends. They have to go on a scavenger hunt for their Boy Scout assignment and they find a bird friend named Nuthatch who takes them to the local mall to find their treasures. They end up having an adventure at the local mall.

This book is funny and the story is easy to follow along. The characters are
Daleine
Night of the Living shadows is a book for your elementary school readers. It is the story of two birds Speed Bump and Slingshot who want to earn their scavenger badges for Bird Scots. They pair up with another bird who takes them to the Mall. They get studck in the Mall at night and it becomes a spooky place with shadowy shapes and creepy noises. This is a cute book for your young readers. It is good for your kids age 7 to 10.
Lynn
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Very funny! I love Speed Bump and Slingshot and their experience at the mall is hilarious. My only quibble is the source of their objects at the end. I know they are birds but still ..... Wish it had been slightly different.
Ann Latini
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very cute series...and it's funny too! Perfect for 7-10 years old.
Jenny
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
my son enjoyed this just as much as 'night of the living worms' ...
we can't wait for the next book to come out
The Brothers
Jun 04, 2017
Nancy
Nov 20, 2016
Casandria
This was a lot of silliness and fun!
paula
Mar 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Flurry of the Snombies (The Notebook of Doom, #7)
  • It's Me. (Catwad, #1)
  • Monster Notebook: A Branches Special Edition (The Notebook of Doom)
  • Meltdown Madness (Looniverse, #2)
  • Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Pop of the Bumpy Mummy (The Notebook of Doom, #6)
  • 365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts
  • Whack of the P-Rex (The Notebook of Doom, #5)
  • Guts
  • The Frandidate (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #7)
  • Bad Hair Day
  • We're All Wonders
  • Firelight (Amulet, #7)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)
  • Boris on the Move (Boris #1)
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.: A Man Who Changes Things
  • Stranger Things (Looniverse, #1)