Start by marking “Red Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)” as Want to Read:
Red Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)

Red Hourglass

(Hourglass #1)

A romance thriller.

A POWERFUL, MYSTERIOUS woman finds a homeless girl in a New York subway and adopts her. Janet swears loyalty to the White family and they train her at their Academy as a secret agent. Before long, her transformation into the Red Hourglass—an assassin—is complete. She is ready to start her missions in service of the White Queen.

In order to learn the where
Published October 27th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Red Hourglass, please sign up.
Scarlet Risque The sequels will be released annually on 31st October :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/7/2015)

Stand-alone. A romance thriller. A debut.

BLURB:

In order to learn the whereabouts of her real mother from the White Queen, the Red Hourg
Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

"We only serve the White Queen."

This was an adult story about a girl who was trained to be an assassin.

Scarlet didn’t have it easy in this book, being abused by her step-father, having to run from the police, and then living rough in New York were all awful situations for her to be in, and it was understandable the way she clung to The White Queen when she was offered an alternative to living on the streets.

The storyline in this was about Scarlet as she w
Fran
1.5 to 2 Stars

I really liked the concept—kickass secret agent and hot rich guy—but I unfortunately didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

I feel like the writing was too stilted so it made it hard for me to read and be totally engrossed. Especially in the beginning, the sentences were just too choppy, but it did improve a bit as it went on. I think if there was more fluidity, I would have had a better reading experience for sure.

However, I also didn't particularly like or care for the interacti
Aղցela W.
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't normally read these types of mysteries but this was a good read. Mary was abandoned by her mother at an early age, decides to leave her stepfather in search of her mom. She leaves under not good circumstances and heads to the city with no job ,money when a powerful mysterious woman finds a starving homeless girl in a New York subway. She renames the girl Janet and takes her under her wing. Within a few short years Janet's transformation is complete. She's a beautiful young assassin in th ...more
John M
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reading a novel not edited by a known publishing house and, moreover, written by a new author, it's always a risk and, personally, i start the reading with the feeling "i won't be able to even start with the second chapter". Well, this is not the case of "Red hourglass".

The prologue simply catches the reader in what apparently looks like the end of the story, so he is taken softly and unconsciously to start with chapter 1 to know where it all comes from. Thus, not even noticing, reader finds him
Nourredine Said
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nourredine Said I was really impressed by this novel, and the way , she travel btw light and darkness, I love the way she start from the darkness and reach a form of light, I live each line she write, and follow her journey, till she find out who she is in real. the end is surprising and more I think she could become more cruel in the future, cause of her education. even she is in love, she 's still btw light and darkness, , but I think, her darkness will soon surrounded her and may be she will ...more
Babus Ahmed
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Named Mary by the mother that abandoned her, called Janet by the woman who saved her from homelessness in New York and undercover on a mission as Scarlet Walters. All she's ever wanted is to find her mother, but finds herself in servitude to the ruthless White Queen. Can she get away?

I found this compelling reading as it was quite a fast paced thriller and immensely entertaining. However, a lot of the time characters responded bombastically as if I was reading a graphic novel, which isn't necess
D.M.
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mary had an unfortunate childhood. Her mother left her with her not so nice stepfather who expected too much and gave little in return. Mary decides enough is enough and she needs to escape life’s cruelty.
She is found by an elite academy who trains her to be an assassin and receives her nickname the red hourglass. She is assigned to go undercover and finds herself wrapped up in the dark seduction of the very man who she needs to exploit for her mission.
I rate this book 4 star*. Interest read wh
Laura Duval
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Good Start To The Series

The cover was captivating along with the description of the novel. I couldn't resist and downloaded the book to read. It was slow to start but as the storyline progressed so did the excitement. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline as I love romance that involves action, suspense, mystery. I am somewhat conflicted on my feelings about the main characters. Mary, aka Janet/Scarlett was a really confused person. She was portrayed earlier in the book as strong and lethal but onc
Dark Erotic Books
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2MNgRXt

Subscribe to our newsletter: https://goo.gl/SrUf3e
Kim Black
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Red Hourglass is totally different from my normal read. This is not a bad thing at all since I really enjoyed the story.

The story starts a bit slow for me but once Mary/Janet/Scarlett was undercover as a secretary, things got very interesting. I found Mary to be very confused. One minute she was sure that she would stick by "Mama's" side and then next page she was thinking about getting away from the organization. While this type of thing would normally bother me, this wasn't the case this time.
Bob Milne
Jan 01, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
Such a great concept, dragged down by some uneven writing and a core relationship that just does not work. The whole secret assassin concept was intriguing, especially with the homeless, rags-to-riches, girl gang twist, and could have lent itself to a really strong story. Add in a BDSM twist, and I thought there was real WTF Friday potential in it.

For me, though, it crashed and burned on that core romance. I actually liked that Janet, the assassin, was so conflicted about herself and her duties,
Vincent Knight
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Guaranteed to have a positive reader reaction
This extraordinary piece of novel writing is sure to get a reaction out of the reader. The book plot runs at a fast pace, and it is a rush reading through the pages. The storytelling is masterful, and flipping through the pages is exactly like watching a live movie.

I followed the story of Conan and Scarlet very closely, and could not stop turning the pages as my eyes were glued to the story. I am keen to keep reading more, and look forward to any furt
Minion
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely brilliant. Miss Risqué knows exactly how to capture an audience in suspense, and guide them to find their inner truth. She rewrites not only the life of the characters involved, but the life of the reader as well. She will illuminate your true meaning in life.
xina evans
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fab

Great read. Struggled to put the book down.Great twists and plots... is there a second book? As the end had me wanting to read more
Lauren
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fabulous!
Debbie Hammond
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

It was suspenseful to the end. It made me dream about her..with me being her..it was awesome. Will there be a sequel?
Ukgardenfiend
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Blood and Knives = Red

Red is the blood that drops from her fingers – as red as her name is Scarlet.

Sharp are the knives she uses to cut the flesh – snip and swish and slide and slink, but always in. Knives are a motive, a tool, an obsession.

Yet for a time she can overcome her programming, a programming that began when a ‘mother’ appeared for a lost, hungry and despairing homeless teenager. A mother who provided a home; sisters; love; and a reason to live. A mother who sheltered, taught and progr
Marian
Nov 25, 2015 added it
1. Red Hourglass is the first book of the Hourglass series by Scarlet Risque. It tells the story of Janet, a young girl who has a rough start in life. She is taken in by The White Queen and trained at The Academy to become an assassin. As she matures, she learns that she can use both seduction and her skills to get back at nefarious men. But on her most recent mission, she goes undercover as a secretary for Conan Casey. And while her missions have always gone well in the past, this one might be ...more
Kelshei
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mary is a young woman who finds herself abandoned by her mother, left with her abusive step-father, forced to kill to protect herself, and on the streets before she is sixteen years old. Is it any wonder that when a mysterious woman known as The White Queen finds Mary on the subway half-starved and offers Mary a place to live and food for her belly, Mary jumps at the chance. Like many young women in a similar situation, Mary doesn't look too closely at the strings attached to the offer.

I'm still
Sa
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book could have been so much more than what it is.The story was going great, Janet was everything you'd want in a villain, until Janet meets this Conan creep.If you think men who treat women as properties are awful, then wait till you meet this guy.He calls Janet his holes.HIS HOLES!As in, she better not like anyone else because he wont share his holes with anyone else.Yet apparently Janet is the bad guy here and Conan is just a poor hot guy with a broken wittle heart rollin' around in mone ...more
Paige Ellen Stone
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Full disclosure, the author contacted me as a frequent Amazon reviewer and asked me to read and review this book, which I did. I know it says that it is a "romantic thriller." Well, there were, for this reviewer, few thrills, and a lot of romance, much of which didn't seem consistent with the main character. Actually, the main problem is that the main character, purported to be a "deadly assassin" with many kills to her credit, can't seem to make up her mind as just WHO she is and what she stand ...more
Teresa Kander
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
This is an adult story about Scarlet, who is taken off the streets of New York City, adopted and trained to be an assassin. The storyline follows her on an important mission, and we see her falling for the man she is tasked with ruining.

To be honest, I never really felt the chemistry between Scarlet and Conan. Their relationship seemed to fall flat for me. The story also starts out really slow, and I never felt the suspense I was hoping to find.

This is a reasonably good start for a beginning au
Ishita
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Review:

Who doesn’t like a spy novel where the lead character goes rogue? The book is definitely an interesting read right from the first page and manages to keep you captivated with its seducing mix of danger and intrigue. The main plot resembles the movie franchise Kill Bill; as a result I was not exactly surprised with the flow of the story. However, it has been penned down with the right mix of appropriate elements which made it fun to read. The suspense of leaving the climatic thread at the
Don
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: j-2016_goal-33
Reviews

Red hour glass

I heard about a new website...Mobile9 for books and thought I would try it. But what book to read. Select genres, thrillers and there it was......Red house Glass.

It appeared to have the makings of a genuine thriller. Alas appearances can be deceiving. True it was about a group of (female) assassins with only one 'off screen' murder between them. The rest of the book was a copy of 50 Shades, minus most of the bedroom antics.

The plot and characters were ninety percent identi
Karyogini
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-on-2015
Pretty straight forward story. It kind of feels "emotionally detached". There are scenes where im thinking, "Really? You're falling in love?" Well the romance development part is odd. The desolation and angst part is succinct though.

The guy is sort of an ass... (view spoiler)

It's still a 3 star for me because of the overall story and writing sty
Sarah Davies
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Red Hourglass By Scarlet Risqué,

I enjoyed the story straight away, the story has started quickly with Janet's character, being hard and very to the point with her work, but the more of the story you read, you realise this is not really Jane's / Marys character at all.

This book covers more than one genre, with romance, action and thriller.So this book is a really good mix to read.

I will look forward to reading more of Scarlet Risqué work i
Peggy
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER FREE**

Uhmm... This book is amazing! Fast paced and a pager turner! This is a book that you'll want to add to TBR or just pick up a copy and read it now! What's behind the cover is left for you to find out.. and believe me when I say it won't be disappointing!

*Received for an honest review*
Arthur Vandeleigh
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very entertaining read that I couldn't put down. It far exceeded my expectations for an independent first time author. The book won me over like the Red Hourglass captured her prey - resistance is futile. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in the Dark Romance Thriller genre. I can't wait for the sequel.
Deborah
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
What Is She Going To Do

This story has an interesting storyline. Young homeless girls taken off the street and trained to be assassins. The story wasn't very consistent because the main female character went from submissive to Mata Hari. And the main male character started with Dom tendencies and end up submissive. Somewhat entertaining.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Spy & Eroticism: Red Hourglass 1 2 Nov 23, 2015 06:39AM
Making Connections: 4096.- RED HOURGLASS: A Romance Thriller by Scarlet Risque 1 6 Nov 16, 2015 05:43PM
  • A Year to Remember
  • The Cowboy's Bride
  • Abducted by the Mountain Man: A Hitman and Virgin Romance
  • Run Away: One Woman's Story of Resilience
  • Dark Water (NY State Troopers, #2)
  • Beautiful Music
  • High Tide
  • Source of Protection (Ashe Sentinel Connections, #2)
  • Chances Are (Chance at Love, #1)
  • Blood Fiends' Bane (The Vampire Queen Saga #1)
  • The One Nighter
  • Forever (Molly, #1)
  • On The Run Book 1: The Elite (The Elite - Boomer and Player #7)
  • Falling (Bits and Pieces #1)
  • Agony
  • Foreign Identity
  • Silver Lake
  • Avarice (Pyrrh Considerable Crimes Division, #1)
Scarlet Risqué stars in Scarlet Queen YouTube with over a million views. She is the author of the Hourglass (Romance/Thriller) Series. She holds a degree in business. She uses writing, dance, and theater to explore her dark and light desires. She's a poetic soul where pain and pleasure meet and East collides with West.

Each book in the Series has a female lead searching for her identity and truth i

Hourglass (2 books)
  • Blue Orca (Hourglass, #2)
“Reversing roles sometimes is good. I’ll free you from having to be in control all the time. I’ll take you places you’ve never been.” 1 likes
“I spend more time in front of this mirror than watching television … oh well, I suppose it’s better to watch myself than an electronic box full of lies” 0 likes