Start by marking “List & Leugens (De Kraaien, #1)” as Want to Read:
List & Leugens (De Kraaien, #1)

List & Leugens

(Six of Crows #1)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  183,012 ratings  ·  26,963 reviews
In Ketterdam is alles te koop, als je maar bereid bent om te betalen. Niemand weet dat beter dan crimineel wonderkind Kaz Brekker. En dan krijgt hij een opdracht aangeboden die weliswaar levensgevaarlijk is, maar hem meer geld oplevert dan hij ooit had kunnen dromen. Hij kan het alleen niet in z'n eentje...
Kaz verzamelt een team om zich heen dat op het eerste gezicht een
Hardcover, Limited Edition, 544 pages
Published November 20th 2015 by Blossom Books (first published September 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about List & Leugens, please sign up.
Kate Evans I read the first book in the trilogy, but didn't notice that this book was written by the same author. I read this book, saw some familiar words like…moreI read the first book in the trilogy, but didn't notice that this book was written by the same author. I read this book, saw some familiar words like "Grisha" and "Heartrender", but couldn't place them. It wsn't until I went on goodreads after finishing it that I realized it was set in the same world. You definitely do not need to read the other books. Also I preferred this 10 times more than Shadow and Bones or whatever.(less)
Kelly I personally love the Six of Crows duology and they are my favorite books of all time, but even I have to admit the opening chapters of both books are…moreI personally love the Six of Crows duology and they are my favorite books of all time, but even I have to admit the opening chapters of both books are not easy. I like to compare the first chapter to the opening 3 minutes of a TV crime show in that you're introduced to characters who die by the end of the chapter and who you never hear from again. I always advise my friends to skim through the first chapter.
My issue with the second chapter in SoC is that it throws way too many names at you. Really the only three you need to remember are Inej, Kaz, and Jesper and the rest are minor characters. This chapter is fun to reread after you've already know who's who, but it can be pretty tricky the first go around.

I personally feel you shouldn't give up until you've at least read the third chapter because that is when the main plot kicks into gear. I know this post is a year old but just in case other people stumble across it I thought I would add my two cents(less)

·  183,012 ratings  ·  26,963 reviews

شيماء ✨
THE GRISHA TRILOGY AND SIX OF CROWS ARE COMING TO NETFLIX!!!! I swear to God the first time I see Kaz Brekker on the screen, it's going to send me into shock and fucking kill me

I don't know if I finished this book or if it finished me

this book is literally too high quality for this world. I want to assimilate it into my being and find a job where I can apply all the six of crows knowledge that I’ve acquired in my life. there’s literally no combination of 26 letters that could do justice to wha
Angela
Side effects of reading Six of Crows are, but not limited to: Shortness of breath. Heart palpitations. Nausea. Weak knees. Dehydration. Dizziness. Headache. Heartache. Constant sweating. High blood-pressure. Congestive heart failure.

“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”

Six of Crows is 185th book I've read this year. Yes, that means this is the book that put me at my goodreads reading goal this year. I am so happy that this is the book that made me hit my mark. It was the perfect
Emily May
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, arc, 2015
Trickery is not my native tongue, but I may learn to speak it yet.

I was scared to start Six of Crows. The hype surrounding it has been HUGE, the blurb sounded intriguing, I've been eagerly anticipating it, and I liked but didn't love Shadow and Bone. Honestly, though? I needn't have worried. This book is fantastic.

Shadow and Bone has been called fantasy-lite, but there is absolutely nothing about Six of Crows that warrants such a label. It's a sweeping epic tale with six main characters, five
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
The heat of the incinerator wrapped around Inej like a living thing, a desert dragon in his den, hiding from the ice, waiting for her. She knew her body’s limits, and she knew she had no more to give. She’d made a bad wager. It was as simple as that. The autumn leaf might cling to its branch, but it was already dead. The only question was when it would fall.

Let go, Inej. Her father had taught her to climb, to trust the rope, the swing, and finally, to trust in her own skill, to believe that if
Jessica Edwards
Wow..there are no words!
I WANT TO GIVE THIS BOOK 10 STARS!
This took me awhile to write, but I've been meaning to write a long review for awhile.
So here it is!

Six of Crows follows six teenagers living in the city of Ketterdam, a city of slums and crime lords.
Kaz Brekker, an infamous thief (also known as Dirtyhands) is promised a very large sum of money to kidnap Bo Yul-Bayur, a scientist from the Ice Court.
The Ice Court is the most highly protected place in Fjerda, and Kaz won't be able to gatec
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO PICK THIS UP?

What a ride! This was exactly what I needed and so much more. I'm tempted to give this a 4.75 star rating, but I want to mull it over a little while longer. *EDIT* WHO AM I KIDDING? This deserved the full 5 stars. I was a little unsure about the pacing somewhere around the middle of the book, but to be fair it was due to some of the character development, and the characters were my fave part so who am I to resist a little extra time getting to know them
Kat O'Keeffe
THIS WAS SO GREAT! I absolutely love the world building--there's a cool magic system and lots of different cities/cultures that have really fascinating dynamics. The ensemble cast of characters is also fantastic! They all have interesting backstories and distinct personalities. Writing is great, story is awesome, pacing on point. It wasn't quite PERFECT, but it was pretty freaking close, and I can't wait for the sequel!

If you want a fantasy book with an awesome world, a well developed cast of ch
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
originally read this last year, but decided to re-read it before six of crows! i'm so happy i made that decision. i had forgotten how rich this story is in detail. from the characters, to the world, to the plot, everything is built up so beautifully. the ending still gave me chills and i need crooked kingdom right. now.
Christine Riccio
SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS BOOK. FANTASTIC CAST OF CHARACTERS! HERE'S MY FULL BOOKTALK/REVIEW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufgXQ...
Sasha Alsberg
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the type of book that will blow you away with its words. IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!!!
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
THIS BOOK. I'm trying not to add to the hype pool right now, but like THIS BOOK. IT BLEW ME AWAY. It was unexpectedly brilliant! I WANNA BE IN THE SIX OF CROWS SQUAD.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sorry to keep boosting this but,,, please read this it's my favorite series ever
HOW ARE YOU ALL NOT FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS BEING A NETFLIX SHOW??

__________________________

Five solid stars. This book pulled me in from the beginning, to the point where I knew I'd found a favorite before I was halfway through. Here, Bardugo integrates a creative plot, interesting and morally grey characters, group dynamics and banter, a great writing style, and some really, really prime romance plots. Goddamn, can Leigh Bardugo write romance. There are very, very few books that I love so whol
Katerina
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
“This isn't a job for trained soldiers and spies. It's a job for thugs and thieves.”

Dark and gritty adventure. A bunch of anti-heroes. A dangerous scientist. A nation of witch hunters. Gang wars. Grisha. And Leigh Bardugo. That's the recipe for EPICNESS.

“A gambler, a convict, a wayward son, a lost Grisha, a Suli girl who had become a killer, a boy from the Barrel who had become something worse.”

The fate of the world is in the hands of six teenagers, six street rats with no family and no
Ben Alderson
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG MY
THIS
IS
EVERYTHING

Victoria Aveyard
Mercy, Leigh, mercy. I hit myself in the head with this ARC too many times to count. Buckle up, folks, it's going be a razor-edged night.
Whitney Atkinson
finished this at 3:30 AM this morning crying at the line "i will have you without armor, Kaz Brekker, or I will not have you at all."

i'm addicted ????? yikes ???????
karen
We are all someone's monster

this is a very strong series-starter.

bardugo's tor shorts are among my very favorites of all tor shorts ever, but when i read Shadow and Bone, i was a bit confused. no, i was actually shocked. it didn't have the sparkle that characterized her shorts and i was very disappointed. i'm glad i continued with the series, however, because i thought it got better and better as it went along. which is kind of the opposite experience from most reviewers, but i'm just me.

and may
Wendy Darling
All I have to say is, this book is somehow even more awesome than the original series.

Don't be nervous about the multiple POVs--every character has history and agency, and you'll care deeply about every single one of them. Plus diversity! Kickass heroines! Gifted thieves! Amaaaaazing action sequences! All perfectly paced and perfectly thrilling.

My full review, plus Grisha prize pack giveaway are on the blog: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2015...

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the
C.G. Drews
THIS BOOK IS TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD. Omg. This is a re-read and just confirmed to me that I am basically absolutely obsessed with the Grishaverse. Someone please restrain me because I'm about to write an ENORMOUS LIST OF MY LOVES AND THOUGHTS AND FANGIRLISMS. (Kidding, don't restrain me.)

I'll leave my original review here too, tho, because why not.

LIST OF MY RE-READ THOUGHTS:
• The best part about rereading this is that IT IS NOW 5-STARS. Omggg all the stars.
• BTW I re-read via audio. Best l
emma
this full review is now POSTED, and my lifelong quest to never stop freaking out about this book continues!! find both here: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...

------------

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

^ That’s me screaming.

This has been: my full review of Six of Crows. Bye.

I guess I can elaborate on that, but really it’s going to boil down to the same thing. Which is me screaming.

I’m only, like, 17% joking. I have no idea how to review this book. I barely even knew how to read this book, due t
jessica
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
came for the kaz brekker hype; stayed for the jurda crazy grisha, the heist, the nina/matthias tension, the scheming face, the ‘my ghost would not associate with your ghost’ talk, and of course, the kaz brekker hype.

in other words, i am absolute trash for this book and leigh bardugo has eternal claim to my soul.

5 stars
Nick
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
words can't describe how much i love these characters

you know the feeling that you have when you read a book and you know that you will always remember this story, this one story with be always with you, and it doesn't matter how many days or months or years pass, or how many other books you will read after, you just know that, one day, far from today, you will recall this to your mind and it will bring you joy.

the journey of our 6 criminals will be that story for me
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
may ➹
after my third reread, I have concluded that Leith Bardugo does NOT deserve rights and I will be making a petition immediately to take them away

Six of Crows is one of my favorite books of all time, and no review I write will do this book justice or portray how much I love it or how perfect it is. So instead, I’m making a list of favorite moments and quotes and other things!!

I spent AT LEAST 5 hours writing this and another hour editing, and it’s the longest thing I’ve ever written but also the
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
How to begin this review?
How to put into words how much I loved these characters and this book?
How am I supposed to write down all those many feels?

And most importantly,
How can I live with this ache in my chest?

I have no answer to all of those questions, but I know that I have to write this review!
So here I go!
Let’s hope my voice doesn’t falter and pray that my words don’t fail.

“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”

When I first read about “Six of Crows” I thought that it w
Adam Silvera
ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER. So happy I waited until I was in the right headspace to read this mammoth of a masterpiece, and that I have the sequel at the ready! <3
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Six of Crows ★★★★★
#2 Crooked Kingdom ★★★★★

My god, this book. I mean… I already know that I can’t even do it a little bit of justice with this review, but I have to try. I cannot believe that this beautiful, incredible, wondrous book sat on my shelf unread for fourteen months before I picked it up—all because I hadn’t finished the Grisha trilogy yet. Let me tell you, as long as you’ve read Shadow and Bone, if you’re putting this off until you finish that trilogy, either hurry up and polish tho
Nat
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“No mourners,” he said with a grin.
“No funerals,” they replied in unison.”

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

Saints, I’m definitely late to this book party— but I love, love, loved it.
I think a lot of people will understand me when I say that Six of Crows is the kind of book that provokes all the strong emotions in you.
I knew right from page 1 that this book was going to be an all-time favorite of mine. The world building, the characters and all the relationships between them, it’s just too good f
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

My FEELS are broken. Words, too.

Which is making the reviewing of SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo more than a little bit difficult . . . FYI.

SO. Hmm . . . *scratches head*

The book started well enough, but by 40% it was more determination that kept me reading than enthusiasm. The characters were great. I felt like they were decently developed, and it was a veritable thunderstorm of one-liners and clever dialogue:

Kaz Brekker didn’t need a reason.

“He’s going to ge
boneless jesper: if Jesper has no bones, are his toes floppy? 15 8 18 hours, 29 min ago
Books With Friends: * Six of Crows Discussion 56 153 Feb 19, 2019 05:35AM
Six of Crows - Fan Casting 49 824 Feb 18, 2019 05:58PM
Mental Health Boo...: * February fiction - Six of Crows 9 18 Feb 18, 2019 01:39PM
Who was your favorite character? 48 283 Feb 16, 2019 03:52PM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • A Conspiracy of Kings (The Queen's Thief, #4)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • Speak
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Crossed (Soul Eaters, #3)
  • The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • Kinslayer (The Lotus Wars, #2)
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse. With over three million copies sold, her Grishaverse spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars—with more to come. (To hear about new releases, tour dates, and giveaways first, sign up for Leigh's newsletter here.) Her short stori ...more

Six of Crows (3 books)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Untitled (Six of Crows, #3)
“Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
"Knife to the throat?" asked Inej.
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper.
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina.
"You're all horrible," said Matthias.”
2801 likes
“Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart.” 2764 likes