Start by marking “Cadence (Ruby Riot #1)” as Want to Read:
Cadence (Ruby Riot #1)

Cadence

(Ruby Riot #1)

Tegan Hughes joins Blue Phoenix and Ruby Riot on tour, and drummer Bryn isn’t the only one who notices his little sister isn’t a kid anymore.

Published November 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Cadence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cadence

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 5f8ea18e6e91ba9bc54c98f1c9345e_zps8lxm05yx.gif

Lisa Swallow delivers a crazy, sexy, intense whirlwind of drama, music and romance in her newest release, Cadence , a spin-off of the Blue Phoenix Series. Readers will get in lost in a palpable rocker romance that will have our hearts beating the same tune.

#Cadence

When Tegan Hughes shows up announced on her rockstar's brother Blue Phoenix European Tour, she never expected to have such a strong connection to Ruby Riot's guitarist, Jax Lewis. Keep
Siobhan Davis
I love Lisa's Blue Phoenix series and having only recently read Jem and Ruby's story (which was my favorite of all the books) I was really looking forward to reading Cadence. Overall, it was a very enjoyable read and I can't wait to read Nate and Riley's story next.

From what I learned previously, Jax is a total man-slut but he has a heart of gold underneath that player persona. What I didn't realize until I read Cadence is that he's drowning in this new world that he's been thrust into, and he d
Coco.V
Dec 26, 2018 marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/26/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

Jax Lewis is the guitarist for Ruby Riot and the band are rising to success. He’s hot property and loving every minute of his new found fame. Now, he’s on tour supporting Blue Phoenix and living his rock star life to the full. Until Tegan walks into his world and puts the brakes on.

Tegan Hughes is taking a year o
Louise Seraphim Reviews
description

Cadence is book 1 in the Ruby Riot series, and the spin off series from the hugely popular and addictive Blue Phoenix series.
In Cadence we follow lead guitarist and Ruby Riot eye candy, Jax. Ruby Riot are starting to climb up the Rock Star ladder, and have the most amazing job of being a follow up act for Blue Phoenix on their European tour. Which means we also get glimpses of the Blue Phoenix boys in this book too!!

Leading lady this time is the feisty, spirited, and totally independant young
Shelley Youngblood
If you are a fan of Lisa Swallow's Blue Phoenix Series, or even if you have never read any of her books you will enjoy Cadence, the first book in her Ruby Riot series. It is a spin-off of her Blue Phoenix Series and while it is enjoyable to catch up with the characters, this can be read as a stand alone. You will not be disappointed with this fantastic story.

Teagan Hughes is finally going on tour with her older brother Bryn. He is the drummer for the world famous rock band, Blue Phoenix. He has
Tina
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I will say that I have not read the other books in this series, but I was able to read without confusion. This is a new author to me, and I will read everything this author publishes from here on out. That is how amazed I was with this book.

This is a story a rock star romance book. The heat factor was off the charts. The story line was absolutely incredible. I picked this book up and didn't put it down until I finished reading. It really is THAT GOOD!!

Ruby Riot is the band opening for
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
Ruby Riot reviews
Cadence ❤❤ See below!
Shuffle ❤❤❤❤❤ here
Reprise ❤❤ here

Cadence is the first book in the Ruby Riot series, which is a spin-off from the Blue Phoenix series. It’s not necessary to read the Blue Phoenix series first, but I’d recommend it as some of the characters do overlap.

Jax is the guitarist of Ruby Riot. When his band is discovered by Jem they get the opportunity to follow Blue Phoenix and open for them on tour. This is a dream come true, but Jax is drowning in this dream. Jax
Michelle
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Cadence is the first book in a new adult series, called the Ruby Riot series. Ruby Riot series is a rock star romance that is a spin off of the Blue Phoenix series. I have not yet read the Blue Phoenix series, but I absolutely love love love how the author worked the spin off series in. Ruby Riot is a newer rock band on their way up the charts, and they are touring with the hugely popular Blue Phoenix. And if that isn
Sakura
Lisa Swallow’s Blue Phoenix series was unlike any other rock star romance I’d ever read before. She captures the darker, uglier sides of fame and rock star life and entwines it with romance. So having that thematic vibe follow into a spin-off series was exciting to say the least.
Cadence follows two characters that were introduced in the Blue Phoenix series. Keep in mind this can be read as a stand alone. I think it was written really well so that new readers can easily follow along, and veteran
litljen
I'm a huge fan of Lisa's Blue Phoenix series and couldn't wait to get started on the Ruby Riot spin-offs. Cadence is the first in the series and did not disappoint! I immediately had a love-hate relationship with Jax. He's the lead guitarist and front man for Ruby Riot, a rock group who is quickly rising to the top. Jax certainly acts the part of a rock star but underneath that persona lies a man who loves deeply but doesn't always know how to express it. He is wild, snarky and parties too hard ...more
Heather andrews
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jax is easy to fall in love with despite the cocky side, "Jax drops my hand. “Holy s***, no! I doubt I’d be standing here if Bryn had found you half-naked. Not my style, Tegan. If a chick wants to take her clothes off for me, that’s her call.” Tegan is one smart cookie she knows how to take advantage of things, "I push his open shirt and jacket from his shoulders. “I don't want any more restraint. If I'm going to get so much crap for being your girlfriend, you'd better make it worth my while.” J ...more
Lisa Swallow
Aug 04, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Release date Nov 5th 2015!!
Katia Rose
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Cadence' was an absolute joy to read. What blew my mind and has lead me to consider this as one of my top romance favourites is the quality of Lisa Swallow's writing itself. From the characters and their chemistry to the development of the rock star world and all its intricacies, the prose pulled me in and created a detailed world I was completely immersed in.

Lisa Swallow may just be a master of the ultimate writing triusm "Show, don't tell." It's easy to tell readers that the hero in your sto
Christina
Quick recap: Tegan wants to go on tour with her older brother Bryn’s band, Blue Phoenix (this is a spinoff of the Blue Phoenix series, which I have not read), so that she can continue to travel around Europe. Right off the bat she feels an attraction to Jax, guitarist for the opening band, Ruby Riot. Jax has been warned that he’s not to mess with Tegan, but of course the chemistry between the two is off the charts and they end up together. Jax isn’t the type that gets into relationships and Tega ...more
Kris
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bungluna
This writer is good at setting the stage and then going off in unexpected directions, but this one?

Just no! The characters were whiny and immature. I wanted to slap them silly. Just 'cause you stamp your foot and flounce that you are AN ADULT doesn't make it so. And getting drunk every time things don't go your way? Nope, not a sign of maturity. How can I buy their HFO ending when I can't even picture them as a couple?

I'm going to give this series a pass...
Sydney Isaac
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!

This was a realistic take on a rockstar romance. It really showed three difficult choices involved in a relationship like that, while having some fun dynamics like the overprotective big brother. Both characters are likeable and also annoying in their own way,. It's great to see them learn to deal with their own weaknesses and grow as people. Overall, I loved this!
katherine
Sep 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Slow Moving

I couldn't find anything to draw in my attention. Admittedly, I only read to 33% all about flirting, girls, getting drunk, protective brother and a roofie. This is clearly written for a young group.
Shawanna
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this one was great
Elisabeth Kenney
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Part of set that flows

Each character seems to understand beach other. But not when it comes to heart feelings, but each character and scene are brought to life.
Dianna
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty Tegan is twenty, and her brother Bryn is a rock star in the band Blue Phoenix. She turns up at the start of his band’s tour because he’s been acting really cagey and he once promised her that she could come along, so now she’s forcing the issue.

Bryn’s caginess probably has something to do with his own romance. This book kicks off a series starring the characters of the band, Ruby Riot. There’s a previous series starring the characters of the band, Blue Phoenix. There’s may be an earlier b
Melyssa Winchester

Title: Cadence
Author: Lisa Swallow
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Standalone Series (Ruby Riot #1)
Rating: ★★★★

Review

description

Cadence is the first book I’ve had the pleasure of reading by Lisa Swallow. But with the band of characters that came alive in its pages apart from the main characters, I’m sure won’t be my last.

It follows the guitarist for Ruby Riot in Jax and the sister of the drummer for Blue Phoenix. Tegan. A band which I’ve come to learn after doing some research in
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received ARC in exchange for honest review.
Cadence is the first book in the Ruby Riot series. This series follows the lives of the band members of Ruby Riot while they rise to fame. Cadence intertwines with the Blue Phoenix series also written by Lisa Swallow. Cadence is a story of passion, heartbreak, redemption, and compromise. Lisa Swallow did an amazing job writing each of the characters. They each have their own personalities that seem to come to life outside the book and in your mind.
Caden
Gemma Weir
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

Cadence is book #1 in the Ruby Riot Series, I was gifted an ARC of this book to read for Gemma Reads Too Much.

I LOVE Lisa Swallows books, since I grabbed a freebie of Summer Star from Amazon I have devoured the Blue Phoenix books. So when I was offered an ARC of the first book in this spinoff series I jumped at the chance.

Jax came across like a split personality in Jem and Ruby’s book, on one hand he was the caring friend and
Bewaji
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Uplifting Story...

Tegan and Jax rode on the high I have from reading Dylan and Sky love story. Maybe that's why I feel like this book is just not one I can 'gasp' about. It is a good love story though. The angst is about some of the fans cyber bullying Tegan. She was roughened up because she went to an ATM alone at night. How stupid is that knowing what she did. Sheesh..
Overall it is a feel good and light story.
Jan
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-read, rock-star
4 I'm a rockstar, Stars

Tegan Hughes joins Blue Phoenix and Ruby Riot on tour to be with her brother Bryn from Blue Phoenyx. Arriving on her first day the chemistry most certainly begins, bumping into Jax from Ruby Riot after checking in gave Tegan a reaction she hadn't bargained for.

Jax is what you would expect of a rock star, cocky flirtatious,surrounded by girls and alcohol. Ruby Riot are only just making it big and you could say fame was definitely going to Jax's head.

Jax has his sights se
Pia
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Connected By Books
My first book by Lisa Swallow and I really enjoyed it. It was everything I hoped a rock-star romance would be like and more. Engaging writing, lovable characters and an interesting plot made the book a great one.

I have to mention that I haven’t read the author’s previous series Blue Phoenix that this new series is a spin-off of, but I didn’t feel lost at any point; more than anything I made me want to go and pick up book 1 in that series.

Told in dual POV, Cadence follows Tegan, Bryn’s younger si
Jennifer Pierson
There isn't a book that Lisa Swallow could write that I wouldn't absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE, and this book is no exception! Cadence is FANTASTIC!

Tegan Hughes is taking a year off, and touring Europe with her big brother Byrn's band Blue Phoenix. The drummer isn't happy at all when Tegan just shows up and cashes in on his promise, but she's not taking no for an answer. Jax Lewis is the popular guitarist for Ruby Riot, Blue Phoenix's opening act. He feels an instant connection when he comes across
Kim
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I followed this story through the weekly newsletter releases, but I have to say I thought it was much better reading it as a whole. I was able to get into the story in a more emotional way.
Teagan is Bryn's baby sister, and she has come to tour with the band much to Bryn's displeasure. From the moment she lays eyes on Jax she is drawn to him despite his bad boy ways.
Jax is lead guitarist for Ruby Riot, he is full of himself when he is in rock star mode and has a no holds bar approach to living
  • Lost in the Beat (Hot Wired #2)
  • Wrong for You (Before You, #3)
  • Whatever It Takes (Second Chances, #2)
  • From Darkness (Hearts & Arrows, #3)
  • Outside the Lines (On the Run, #1)
  • Everything She Needs (The Everything Trilogy #2)
  • Popping the Cherry (Facing the Music, #1)
  • Leaving Amarillo (Neon Dreams, #1)
  • You're Still the One (Country Blues, #1)
  • Love, Lies, and Deception
  • The Hot Guy in the Woods
  • The Man You Need (Love on Tour #4)
  • Born Wrong (Hard Rock Roots, #5)
  • The Biggest Stage (Willow Son, #1; Brothers Of Rock, #16)
  • Wilde Fire
  • Soul Ties
  • A Taste of Utopia
  • Bad Love (Step Over the Line #1-3)
I am unable to read/answer GR messages at present.
Please feel free to contact me by email at lisa_writes@ymail.com
It's unfortunately become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.
Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Lisa is an author of new adult romance and writes both paranormal and contemporary, often with a side of snark.
Lisa is originally from the UK

Ruby Riot (3 books)
  • Shuffle (Ruby Riot, #2)
  • Reprise (Ruby Riot, #3)