Start by marking “Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC, #1)

Seizing Control

(Black Shamrocks MC #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  1,295 Ratings  ·  243 Reviews
Librarian Note: Alternate Cover Edition for ASIN: B014R2HSQU.

He's already failed her once. Will it happen a second time?

Only daughter of the volatile President of the Black Shamrocks MC and long-suffering sister to four overprotective brothers, Madelaine O'Brien has survived circumstances that would have broken a lesser woman.

Mikhail "Mad Dog" Kennedy is her salvation, he
Published September 30th 2015 by Kylie Hillman

To ask other readers questions about Seizing Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seizing Control

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Kylie Hillman" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Seizing Control
SERIES: (Black Shamrocks MC #1)
AUTHOR: Kylie Hillman
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: 30th September, 2015

MY RATING: 4 STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC #1) Is about the physical and emotional trauma Madelaine O'Brien suffers at the hands of her first boyfriend Brendan and what lasting effects that had on her..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Good (Mik) vs Evil (Brendan)

DISCLAIM
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
******FREEBIE ALERT FREBIE ALERT******

UPDATE THIS ONE IS STILL FREE, SO I GUESS IT'S A PERMA-FREE. UNSAFE READ, UNSAFE READ

To my friends who hate rape or dubious consent, let me warn you that this is a dark romance, which is something I should have guessed by reading the blurb, but that means I won't read. "Adult" contemporary erotica and "non-consent" are my least favorite subgenres, but if you don't mind dubious consent or you're willing to step out of your comfort zone, you should take your
Beth
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Sexy Ozzie Stars

Oh My Down-Under God. There is nothing I like better than a good L-O-N-G read. Except finding a new author. Or a sexy MC book. Or epic multi-character tale. And it is all those things rolled into one book...all the better. And when that books says #1.....that means there is going to be a book 2! Heaven. I'm in heaven.

Lainey is the daughter of the Black Shamrocks President. This is her story. It is the story of obsession. Love. Hate. Trust. Betrayal. Family. Loyalty. Lainey's s
XxTainaxX
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, review-copy
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Definitely, a new spin on all of the MC series I've come across, Seizing Control was out of the box, addictive, and mind boggling!!

It's more than a typical biker read, that's for sure, and it stems much further than a romance and finding a HEA.

What worked for me was that the main girl was not a doormat and is accustomed to the ins and outs of the MC world...

Not to mention, the main guy is a total alpha male who wi
Deborah
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it

This book starts in the present day when Lainey (Madelaine, Maddi, Princess) is kidnapped from the house she shares with her fiancé Mik (Mikhail, Mad Dog) it then switches between the past and present so we understand what's happening, it's told mainly but not exclusively from Lainey's POV.
This is a dark read, the treatment Lainey suffers at the hands of Brendan is horrific and it's a wonder she's able to continue living a relatively normal life.
I have very mixed feelings about this book, there'
Avephoenix
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madelaine O'Brien is the only daughter of the President of the Black Shamrocks MC, and the sister of four overprotective brothers. She has survived circumstances that would have broken a lesser woman.

Mik 'Mad Dog' Kennedy is her salvation, her reward for continuing to fight, and the matching piece of her soul.

With her life finally happy and on track, will the reappearance of the monster from her past be the event that finally breaks her? Or will he be the catalyst she needs to put it all behin
London
LOL! The guy on the cover looks like a prepubescent little boy. Not hot at all.
Jelena Bosh
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my bloody hell!!

I couldn't have found a better dark MC read even if I tried. My emotions have gone past the point of being sane over characters and their story, and gone straight to ADDICTIVE!

I could not for the life of me put this one down. It just wasn't happening. I really did try. I mean, it's a long read which can either mean I'd be having a tough time getting through if it wasn't my cup of tea.

OR.

I would be so possessed by it that NOTHING could stop me from getting through to that la
Nicole Johnson
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is wow. Seizing Control is emotional, gritty, laden with heavy content and has one of the strongest heroines I've read about in an MC novel. It's different than the usual MC novel in that the focus of the story is Maddi who is the daughter of an MC President. You see some MC action however the focal point of the story is her experience with domestic violence, overcoming the demons that particular awfulness brings a person and then years later experiencing another trauma and overcom ...more
Kylie Hillman
Sep 03, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
"A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!" "Gripping!" "Worthy of a Lifetime movie!"

Seizing Control, the first book in the International Bestselling Black Shamrocks MC series is #FREE! This series is complete and ready to become your next binge read.

🔪Amazon: http://amzn.to/1LiTknR
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, biker-romance
SPOILERS GALORE

photo impressed_zpssnz61avx.gif
Well color me impressed. I've never read this author before, but I plan on one clicking another of her books as soon as I'm done with this review.

My favorite character was Mik. I absolutely loved him (until his very dumb decision at the end that I'll speak on later). He's everything you want a book boyfriend to be. Strong, dominant, protective, and scary but sweet as can be with you.
 photo heart_zpsbdv8ggsp.gif
Although Lainey never quite felt she was good enough for him, he worshiped the ground she walked
Lily Malone
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I gave this book 3 stars because I finished it, which means I liked it, but I'm not sure I ever felt completely invested in the characters. If it makes any sense at all, I felt like I was 'watching' this book like a movie, and not really living in the story. Somehow it all felt a bit distanced.
Part of my early problems with the story involved the flashback style used to show what happened to Lainy 4 years ago with the ex who (as this story starts) has just got out of jail. Now this ex has captur
Jennifer Guffey
Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC #1)
By: Kylie Hillman
5/5 stars

Madeline O’Brien is the only daughter to Patrick, the President of the Black Shamrocks MC, with four brothers and a deceased mother. After her mother died, Madeline took over the caring roll for her brothers, since one was her twin and the other three were all younger. All the men in her family and the MC protective over her and some were even overprotective.

But her first boyfriend somehow slipped by all of their defenses. They kne
Angela
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmmm…..Where do I start??
First, I liked the book. I really did. There were times that I was biting my nails from the suspense…..BUT, there were times that I was rolling my eyes as well from the ridiculousness of some of the statements and scenes.
For instance, one of my biggest pet peeves in a book is when the heroine is described as pretty much the most beautiful girl in the world. It especially irritates me when Lainey describes herself that way.
“I’m kind of naturally sexy looking and slightly
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well my goodness, what a ride I've just been on!!! Kylie Hillman sure did come out of the gates with a Fantastic first book!!! The emotional ride I just endured typically comes from authors who have several other books under their belt.

This book is full of every emotion possible. The story flows perfectly. But be warned, if you have triggers...there are plenty in this book! Although written very well and you will feel everything, be warned.... This is not a fluffy romance book!

Maggie
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Ugly crying for some of the book. Big time trigger warnings.
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
******************SPOILERS AHEAD ***********************
I'm debating between 3.5 or 4 stars.
Madeline O'brien is MC club -Black Shamrocks President's daughter. Her brothers and uncles are part of the club . She's a Royal Princess and when a local good looking boy comes a calling, she agrees to go on a date with Brendan. Herein starts a tale of terror. He is over the top controlling, jealous , abusive boyfriend and though she finds solace with her childhood friend , Mikhail Kennedy, she doesn't br
Amy
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC 1)
Kylie Hillman
3. 5 stars

NOTE: This book contains scenes of rape and violence and drug use.

The Black Shamrocks MC along with four blood brothers hold the only daughter of the clubs President under their wing after the nightmare she has lived. Madelaine O'Brien is a survivor but she is tired of looking over her should. Mik keeps her safe along with her father, brothers and the club. Switching her phone on she sees she has missed numerous text and calls from he
Alexa Ayana
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy ARC provide by author for exchange with honest review

Kylie adalah nama baru bagiku dan MC novel juga tema yang tidak familiar kubaca karena bukan hal yang populer di Indonesia. Tapi selalu ada saat pertama untuk segala hal bukan?

Sejujurnya, aku tidak menyangka novel debut ini akan menarik perhatianku sejak halaman pertamanya. Cara bercerita Kylie rapi, cepat, sangat sistematis dan tidak membosankan. Dia berhasil membawaku masuk ke atmosfer dunia MC yang kasar dan keras tapi juga seksi dan p
Romance Readers Retreat
This is the first book from Kylie Hillman and she has done really good with it. The story is centred around Laine, the daughter of the president of Black Shamrocks MC. The first few chapters of this book had me a little confused as it starts off four years after an incident that turned Lanie's life upside down and also the people around her. She now has to deal with her ex and all the trouble he has caused and will cause again but to also try and stay strong for herself and her family. The writi ...more
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha, biker, mc, ptsd
Holy god this book is great. I will warn you it is FULL of triggers. I was discussing this book with my husband who asked why I was crying and decided it needs about 17 u's to show the extent its f'd up. It's a beautiful pain though (think Kristen Ashley emotional hangover level). I'm currently growling at my computer that the next book isn't out yet. *takes a deep breath to calm down* It really is a great story that will suck you in and play with your heart.

Using my 1-5 rating system of how ma
She's a Lip Biter
I was given an ARC for an HONEST Review!

For a debut Author Kylie Hillman definitely impresses.

This book is dark read and contains scenes that may disturb some readers so please read the Blurb.

Daughter of the President of the Black Shamrock's MC and fiance to the VP, Madelaine is also the only girl in her family and since the passing of her Mother feels responsible for looking after her four siblings as well as her Dad.

She has already been to hell and back in her short life, so when her demons co
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a brilliant well written debut novel. I sat and read it in one afternoon as I couldn't put it down until I'd finished.

Madelaine is the only daughter of the President of the Black Shamrocks MC. She's got four protective brothers. Mik is the hot alpha male that will do anything to protect the people close to him.

Lainey and Mic have grown up together. They are now madly in love and engaged. When Laineys past comes back to haunt her will their relationship be strong enough to survive??

If y
Juli Faulkner
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

Plot twists, dark, angst.... this story keeps you turning the pages! I love the flip between the past and the present, giving you the back story that leads to the present day events! This is a dark romance, abusive situations, so be aware if you have triggers. Ms. Hillman keeps you drawn in with each turn of the page! A little better editing needed to be done, but did not take away from the story! Can't wait for the 2nd book!
Manda Laurie
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

Loved the story and the characters. So happy to read about a female that deals with her demons. What a strong woman!!
Page
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
1 1/2 stars. Not for me. I finished this book because I thought for sure the storyline would evolve. Nope. Abduct/beat/rape/rescue/then the H must have sex with rape victim girlfriend hours later to 'erase' the rape from her mind...so stupid. Then rinse and repeat. It ends in a less than happy for now/to be continued....which I'll not be doing.
Kerry Fletcher
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Reviewed on behalf of A is for Alpha B is for Books.

This is the Story of Lainey and Mik. Lainey is the daughter of The Black Shamrock's MC president and sister to 4 brothers. Due to her mother dying young Lainey took over the role as mother of the family after her Dad couldn't cope with her death. Mik is her lifelong best friend as she has known him forever, him being the Son of the former President who stepped down due to illness.

The Story star
Pam Nelson
Lainey & Mik

OMG I loved this book!! I actually found it as a teaser in the back of Brawl and HAD TO HAVE IT.
Now WARNING there are rape scenes. Usually they fade to black and let you figure out what happens and then I am imagining ever worse things. So yes they are brutal and gut wrenching but for me it makes this story come together in my mind. No I am not weird, I know this is FICTIONAL. But yes it can be a trigger for some people so hence the WARNING.

Now on to this awesome MC book. We ki
  • Call Me... Vengeance (Vengeance MC, #1)
  • Devil's Girl (Dust Bowl Devils MC #1)
  • Taken by Lies (Rage Ryders MC, #1)
  • Axl (Sons of Chaos MC, #1)
  • Too Rough For Love (Steel Veins MC, #1)
  • Wild Heart (Wild Heart, #1)
  • Bolt (Storm Runners Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Snow in Texas (Lean Dogs Legacy, #1)
  • Saving Ayden (The Last Hangman MC, #1)
  • Their Private Need (Death Lords MC, #3)
  • Dex (Great Wolves Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Fighting Destiny (Forsaken Sinners MC, #1)
  • Chelsea (The Club Girl Diaries #2)
  • Wanting It All (Hellfire Riders MC, #1)
  • Forbidden (Death Dealers MC #1)
  • Crushing Misery
  • Claiming Sunshine
  • Burning Ember (Harbingers of Chaos, #1)
Kylie Hillman is an International Bestselling Author who lives in South Australia. After spending the past fifteen years moving around the east coast of Australia, she has recently returned to her home state and plans to finally put down roots until her children finish school.

Wife to a Harley-riding, boating and fishing, four-wheel driving, quintessential Aussie bloke and mum to two crazy, adorab

Black Shamrocks MC (6 books)
  • Making Choices (Black Shamrocks MC, #2)
  • Seeking Redemption (Black Shamrocks MC, #3)
  • Tempting Fate (Black Shamrocks MC, #4)
  • Finding Nirvana (Black Shamrocks MC, #5)
  • Craving Control (a Black Shamrocks MC Companion Story)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)