Start by marking “All the Way to Heaven (The Fallout Series #1)” as Want to Read:
All the Way to Heaven (The Fallout Series #1)

All the Way to Heaven

(Fallout #1)

Sometimes help comes from the most unlikely of hands, and sometimes getting lost is the surest way to be found.

Anica Tomlin, business major, has just learned that the man she's been planning her future around, her Global Finance professor, already has a beautiful wife and family. Ani cashes in her graduation gift to herself a little early--a trip to Tuscany--but from the m
Published November 2nd 2015 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about All the Way to Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Way to Heaven

Start your review of All the Way to Heaven (The Fallout Series #1)
Heather Gilbert
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This novel reads like a movie. I felt like I was living in Tuscany right alongside Ani as I read about her bike rides, her picnics, and her relationships with the very vivid Italian characters. And the foods! I would love one of Madalina's bomboloni!

A romantic setting, irresistible men, and loving family relationships make this a beautiful, memorable story. If you've ever dreamed of visiting Italy, All the Way to Heaven will take you there.

Visual and lyrical, this novel tickles the senses and f
Hannah Fielding
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed this sensitively written novel.

I chose All the Way to Heaven to read based on its setting. Tuscany is one of my favourite places (hence I set part of my own novel The Echoes of Love there); asAmerican poet Oscar Fay Adams put it: ‘Tuscany, land of fierce hates and wild loves and of limitless passions.’ I eagerly pick up books that will transport me to the inspiring landscapes and culture of the a
Katie W
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story starts out with Ani discovering that her boyfriend has a family...and her heart is shattered. In an effort to heal, she takes her college graduation trip to Italy a few months early, but a bicycle accident leaves her without a thing to her name. Up to this point, I wasn't sure about the book and if it would draw me in enough or just be a downer, but after this point, I found myself pleasantly surprised to see that everything turned right around and completely engrossed me.

I've never b
Anne
Five stars of unashamed enjoyment :)

The more books I read, the stingier I become with stars, saving 5 stars for only those books which are my favouritest of favourites, but once in a while I feel I also must attribute such high ratings to either books of unparalleled worth, or unalloyed enjoyment. All the Way to Heaven belongs to the latter category.

I started reading it on my Kindle during a long trip to Europe last summer, and whether it was the excitement of my own European adventure or of t
Kelly Risser
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the Way to Heaven is a gorgeous book. The author's vivid descriptions place you right into Italy, the quaint village, and then the lush, Tuscan countryside. I absolutely fell in love with these characters. They were so real and full of life. I was reminded of My Big Fat Greek Wedding and My Life in Ruins. Yes, I know the movies are Greek/Greece and this book mainly takes place in Italy, but the concepts of good friends, self deprecating humor, and being open to where life takes you, are simi ...more
Nadine Keels
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When it turns out that the man Anica has trusted and fallen for is already married with a family, what better way for her to recover than to take a trip to Tuscany?

As I've done with other books by author Becky Doughty, I plunged into All the Way to Heaven blindly--no book blurbs or plot overviews in general, just an open book ready to take me somewhere.

And this novel did indeed take me somewhere: straight to Italy, through vivid, evocative imagery; through nature and cuisine and lush, distinctiv
Tina
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
It was refreshing with a love story where the feelings grow during a longer time, but it was almost a bit too slow at times. There were times when I thought Ani was really annoying, she should have put her foot down on several occasions.
I would like to rate this book 4 stars, but because of the tempo it only gets 3.
Britt
DNF at 225/392 (57%)

Gah.
I PROMISED myself I wouldn't DNF as many books, but of course after making that promise, I just have to choose one of the most boring books ever to read.
I wanted to like this book because I love the Italian culture (hence two stars instead of one), but reading this book was like pulling teeth. It was incredibly boring, not to mention the MC was highly annoying and whiny.
Don't waste your time with this one.
Myndi
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book as part of Nerd Girl's Random Swagging and I'm so thankful to the author for donating her book to be given out as Swag!

I have to admit that I had a little bit of trouble in the beginning getting into this book. I didn't like some of the decisions the main character, Ani, was making and her attitude towards life. What I didn't end up liking about the story in the beginning very quickly turned into why I love the book so much now. Ani, as a character, truly grows and blossoms thro
Lala
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because of a recent heartbreak, Anica makes an emotional decision to take an early graduation trip to Italy. Through a series of mishaps at the beginning of her trip, certain people are placed in her path that she didn't know she needed that helped her heal and grow out of the shell of distrust she has put herself in.
If I were to travel to another country, I could only hope to be embraced by those like the Lazarro family and the magnificent Madalina! Set in Italy, it's like Under the Tuscan Sun
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I received an eARC via Clean Teen Publishing Elite Reviewers which I am a member of. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are my own.

I was magically transported to Italy while reading this well written story line. The characters are well developed and the romance is clean and endearing. I felt like I was caught up in the story and had a difficult time putting my Kindle down.
Kelly L
I thought this was a lovely novel. The descriptions of the sights, smells and lifestyle in the region were wonderful. I enjoyed the format of the book; relatively quick chapters that allowed me to read briefly when I had a few minutes to spare.
What it lacked in character development, it certainly made up for in painting a picture of a landscape and culture that I won't soon forget.
Jack Vasen
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I had a really hard time getting through this book. I usually average a book (of this size) a day, or more, having read nearly 150 books in the first 5 months of this year. But I just kept putting this one down and not picking up any other book. I simply did not find much compelling in it.

Ani is not the superwoman of so many of the books I've read lately, but in some ways she is very real. She has had and is having a difficult time. She intended to come to Italy to get away from a bad ex and to
Angela Archer
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love when I open up a book and find that it's written in first person, so of course, I was pleasantly surprised to find it with this book. Told from Anica's POV, this book was ridiculously easy to get invested in from the first page. I absolutely adore romances set in Italy and this clean, sweet one certainly didn't disappoint. I almost envied Aniica throughout the whole book---vacation to Italy, private accommodations with a wonderful family, a gorgeous doctor, and a sexy family friend who yo ...more
Treva
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Anica Tomlin must be quite attractive because she doesn't seem to do anything personality wise that would warrant everyone being so kind and helpful to her. She seems to always be concerned more about herself than others through most of the book. It was confusing that she was able to leave before the end of the semester that she was graduating from college to spend a month in Italy. I was half way through the book when it was revealed that it was fall in Italy and not spring. It was about that t ...more
Alice
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was one of the early readers of this book. It was fabulous. Not only did I get involved with all the characters but I felt I was actually able to be sitting in the olive grove sorting olives. The characters are delightful,,one may be a little shady....but you have got to have some questionable characters....right? In the end, this character turned out just fine. I have been to Italy one time but not to the area described in the book. I do want to go back and see that beautiful countryside. I l ...more
Kerstin Gunia
May 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: waste-of-time
Accidentally bought this book on Kindle, which explains why it’s not my cup of tea. The writing is creative and witty BUT, as always with these romance novels, the storyline is predictable, the plot unconvincing, and the main female character is a horrible role model for young women everywhere. It perpetuates a stereotype of romance that reflects how women of today are chasing a feeling, consumed by “finding a prince”.
Love is a choice, we are not at the mercy of our feelings, and the moody broo
Lois Zollars
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY ENCHANTING!!!!!!?

Oh, my...I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this book!!!!!!! I LOVED each and every character!!!!!! The witty dialogue, the warm humor, discovering the joys of an old Italian city- customs, traditions, the opening of the hearts of strangers to strangers, the beautiful descriptions of the Tuscan countryside- this book is a wonderful work of art! So much love went into writing this book, one can tell. This is no ordinary story. A Clean romance at its absolute b
Mandi Morgan
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so conflicted about this book. I downloaded it a while ago but the blurb didn’t appeal to me much so I put off reading it. I spent a good portion yelling at the character to wake up and see the goodness around her. And then she did but it ended. I wanted to see more of the relationship between the two.

As for the rest of the book. Loved the trials she went through. And the friendships that developed. That part of the book was amazing. And the trip home was very romantic. For that it went fr
Theresa
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
When I saw the author of this book had the same last name I have, I had to read it. I know that sounds silly, but it's a pretty unusual last name I think.

When I started reading this, it felt very much like Under A Tuscan Sun. Only the girl was in college. The story soon veered very far away from that. Yes it's set in Europe, yes the main girl is running away from a broken heart, yes she depends on the kindness of the strangers she meets, but it is more than that.

She meets Paulo on the train, and
JerriLynn
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice romance

I like a book I think about afterwards and this aS one that I have thought about. I had a slightly slow beginning but really l like how you assume she is going to like one guy and then she realizes the other guy is the guy for her. Wish they had a couple more dates before she went after him as that may have been more realistic but love seemed obvious after her first real day with him. Nice romance and good clean book.
Vkcrochet
I loved this book - until the ending. To avoid spoiling that for others, I will only say that the detail present in the story line throughout the book was sadly missing at the end. There were many situations that just ended. Maybe this was a set up for a following novel, but I found it so incomplete I don't want to read another novel right now. The story was beautiful and the characters were well developed. The ending was just disappointing to me. ...more
Patricia J West
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
True Love's Kiss

It was good! A bit wordy, AND it was a good read about Love and it's discovery in one's life. I would read it again,but I have many miles to go before I rest. Recommended for Grandma, Mom and Auntie, and my little sister who is growing into a fine young lady just like Ani!
Tessa
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun international romance. I thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns of the storyline. Lots of beautiful Italian countryside and food. The characters were well-developed and I loved how it turned out. I did have to keep reminding myself that Ani was young, I think I would have liked the story a bit more if she had been a bit older. But overall, a very enjoyable read.
Linda Gildner
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A blessing to read

When the heart is breaking God has a way of reaching through circumstances and geographic locations, as well as momentous encounters with others to bring love and joy. So many characters showed God's love and grace to a broken heart and helped her find hope and healing.
Brenda Poulos
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A romantic journey of the heart. Becky is a master of description. She paints a vivid picture of setting and characters that puts the reader right there in the middle of the story. I felt like I had taken a vacation to Italy by the end of the book. I loved learning all of the Italian phrases and "visiting " special landmarks.
Bill
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt the Love. The ending to the story made the difference to me how I felt about this book. I have read many sweet story's like this but the ending was wonderful. I had tears of Love. Thank you Becky Doughty yky

I would recommend this book for a nice get a way for a break and a reminder of the Love most of us are looking for.
marysaputo
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never coming back from this place!

This is an Italian love affair with scenery, people, food and, oh yes, love! Adorably funny and poignant. Should be a movie..right now! Great read!
Laura J
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good story but calling this the Fallout Series is misleading.

Anyone searching for a Post Apocalyptic tale should look elsewhere. Aside from that, this was a good after breakup book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Gotta Have Faith (Seven Virtues Ranch #1)
  • Deep in the Heart
  • Leaving Oxford (Southern Hearts, #1)
  • Love's Prayer (First Street Church Romances #1)
  • Because of the Rain
  • The Prisoner's Wife (Maine Brides #1)
  • Shadows of the Past (Logan Point #1)
  • Best Friends in the Show Me State (Cowboy Crossing, #1)
  • All In One Place (Holmes Crossing #2)
  • Secrets and Sacrifice (The Shadows #4)
  • Where There is Hope (Seven Virtues Ranch #2)
  • Beside Still Waters (Big Sky #1)
  • Sanctuary (Murrells Inlet Miracles Book 1)
  • Tender Love (True Love #1)
  • The Face of the Earth
  • A Riviera Retreat
  • Unintended Consequences (Jack Turner Suspense, #3)
  • Promises of Love
Becky Doughty is the author of the award-winning Elderberry Croft series and the voice behind BraveHeart Audiobooks. "I write fiction, mainly because nonfiction is hard! Yes, I've tried. Let's just say I like to color outside the lines when it comes to sticking to facts...or anything else, for that matter. I write Women's Fiction with strong elements of romance and Young Adult/New Adult Fiction. S ...more

Fallout (3 books)
  • A Light in the Dark (Fallout #2)
  • A Long Way Home (Fallout, #3)