Start by marking “The Spring at Moss Hill (Swift River Valley #6)” as Want to Read:
The Spring at Moss Hill (Swift River Valley #6)

The Spring at Moss Hill

(Swift River Valley #6)

New York Times bestselling author Carla Neggers returns to charming Swift River Valley, where spring is the time for fresh starts and new beginnings…

Published February 1st 2016 by MIRA (first published January 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Spring at Moss Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spring at Moss Hill

Clare O'Beara
This quiet romance starts nicely, gets bogged down and then flattens out from the middle to the end. I would expect far better of such an experienced author and I can only think that nobody was editing this work. While this is sixth in a series, it is written as a standalone with two newly introduced protagonists. A Massachusetts small town is the location.

The female half is a shy illustrator of children's books who has had a hit with a series under a pseudonym. For no reason except liking a qui
Kari
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, for-review
I have loved this series, but this one was a fail for me. I didn't understand the big deal about the secret Kylie kept. The couple had zero chemistry and the romance was WAY too fast. The book dragged and It took forever for me to finish it, which is never the case with this author. The two stars is because I liked catching up with older characters from previous books.
Angela
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

You know when you start a book and it’s just terrible? And you try to decide whether it’s a Did Not Finish, or whether you’ll stick it out? I’m experiencing that with this book right now.

First, though we rarely write reviews where we don’t recommend a book, I really can’t recommend this book UNLESS you really want a nice, New England-y story and you don’t care about the writing so much.

From the beginning Neggers pushes anxiety, worry and fear. I had no idea why everyone was running around sca
Melody
Mar 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. My opinion is just that...mine, and completely unbiased.

This was my first Carla Neggers novel and it doesn't make me feel like a I want to try another one anytime soon. While the setting is quaint and charming, the plot which revolves a secret is petty and forced at best. I admit that romance novels are not my cup of tea, but a well-written one I can usually get into. This just felt like a waste of my time.
Jackie Easley
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I thought the story was very confusing. It just seemed to drag along. Usually her books are very good but if u haven't read this yet than save yourself some money.
Theresa Cross
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is probably the 4th of her books that I've read, and I had forgotten about the earlier two. Neggers has the bones of a really good story, but for some reason she takes a little secret her main character wants to keep and blows it all out of proportion. Keeping the secret becomes the focus of the heroine and finding out what she is hiding becomes the focus of the romantic interest. The one with the secret acts like having it revealed will be the end of the world as we know it when all it gen ...more
Michelle
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was a disappointment for me. I liked Kylie, but I thought it was ridiculous she was so worried about people finding out about her secret. And then we have Daphne, the drama queen. She enjoys playing the part and picking on those around here. I think the best part of this book was the Colton brothers. I hope Ms. Neggers takes this series back to the beginning. I loved having the treasure hunts/mysteries and people finding love along the way.
Cheryl
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge Carla Neggars fan but this book was a big disappointment to me. This whole story was a tempest in a teapot. Every bit of the story line produced a big WHY which were never answered. This was a miss for me. I even went back and reread Echo Lake while in the middle of this book thinking I missed something which turned out not the case. Yawn.
Rochelle
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Boring story about a boring woman who thinks she has this HUGE secret that she writes children's stories under a psedonym and oh no what if the private investigator who happens to be flowing into town for a non-issue discovers her secret?!?
Throughout the story I'm yelling "NOBODY CARES!"
So why did I finish the book?
Done with this author.
Barbara James-Richardson
A beautiful love story. A wonderful place to live.
Psandefur
I have read all of Carla Neggers books and I was greatly disappointed. I love recurring characters and series but this one did not have any of her usual suspense.
Amy
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me how much I love the Swift River Valley series. I would call this a contemporary romance rather than a romantic suspense, and yet Neggers manages to instill a tension and intensity into these seemingly small-town lighthearted stories. Even though there are no dead bodies and no one is fearing for his or her life, there are always secrets and uncertainties--the same secrets and doubts that we all live with--and Neggers uses these to keep her readers on edge. Even though I ass ...more
Darlene Wilson
Kylie Shaw has found a home and a quiet place to work as an illustrator of children's books in little Knights Bridge, Massachusetts. No one seems to know her here—and she likes it that way. She carefully guards her privacy in the refurbished nineteenth-century hat factory where she has a loft. And then California private investigator Russ Colton moves in. Russ is in Knights Bridge to keep his client and friend, eccentric Hollywood costume designer Daphne Stewart, out of trouble. Keeping tabs on ...more
Virginia Lloyd
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Special Places Special Folks

The people of Knight's Bridge were accustomed to having special visitors from time to time. Things were changing. People coming in and people falling in love. The beauty and special plAces around and about never changed. The country folk also thought they knew everything about everyone. Mostly this w a s true. However, there was one inhabitant who was not what they thought, if they even thought about this person. Events happening draws attention to their quiet new ren
Kristen Lewendon
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s sweet and cute with a good dose of down-home humor. I liked Kylie and Russ as individual characters and I enjoyed watching their budding romance. It felt a little fast, but not really any faster than a lot of the other pairings in the series. I also loved seeing what the couples from the earlier books were up to. I thought Kylie’s big secret was a little overplayed, though. In the grand scheme of things, it didn’t actually matter to anyone except her.
Katherine☕️
Mar 07, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I was going to quit on Chp 8, but ended up skipping to the last chapter. I don't feel like I missed anything. The setting is charming but the drama is contrived: I just don’t think anyone would care this much about a Hollywood clothing designer (she’s treated like a major celebrity in this book), that an author would use a pseudonym, or think that a PI (supposedly a real tough guy investigator) would need to spend days in a small town prior to a lecture. That’s really all the story is about.
Angie
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another one of those "didn't realize it was part of a series" books. I wasn't really impressed w the plot - it wasn't very deep. The romance seemed to be the focus, but at least it wasn't graphic. Character development was ok - it was hard to keep everyone straight at times. I think that may have been helped by my having read the first 5 books, which I have not.
Loretta
This is a continuation of the Swift River series. This one is about two outsiders (well, Kylie has lived there for about a year) making connections. We are brought up to date on all the former characters, too.
Cindy
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kylie and Russ

This is another great book in the series. Kylie is an illustrator just finished with in-depth work. Russ is a private investigator, in town checking for issues with a famous designer coming g to town.
Cee
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Another fairy tale version of Western Massachusetts small town living full of gorgeous people who fall in love quickly and without issues and forever. The reader is absolutely horrible. But she is better than a sleeping pill. I haven't slept so easily or so long without a sleeping pill in years.
Mercy
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just could not get in to this book.
Bridget
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. It's a light read and there are no unwanted dramas. Looking forward to read other books of this series!
Kim
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Audiobook
Was just ok
Michelle
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Nice romance. Dragged a little.
Phylisha Stone
An OK read. The main character Kylie seemed a little weak. I couldn't figure out why it was such a bid deal hiding that she illustrated a popular childrens book series. Pace seemed slow.
Katy
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Kylie"s and Russ's story.

Knights Bridge seems like an idyllic place to live
Ngu Lorna
Dec 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
what a complete non-story this was!
Sandy Carmichael
This left me wanting. Usually like Neggers books, can't win them all I guess.
Caryl Moulder
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series. Love reading the character match ups
Jemi Fraser
A nice addition to the series. I liked both MC's personalities and the town of Knights Bridge is always fun to visit!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #129 - The Spring at Moss Hill 1 1 Aug 02, 2017 10:53AM

• Sea Glass Winter (Shelter Bay #5)
  • Just Like Heaven (Sweetland, #2)
  • Harmony Cabins (Finding Home, #2)
  • Fall in Sweetwater County (Sweetwater County, #4)
  • One Day in Apple Grove (Small Town USA, #2)
  • Angels Landing (Cavanaugh Island, #2)
  • At the River's Edge (Chesapeake Diaries, #7)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Berried to the Hilt (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #4)
  • Riverbend Road (Haven Point, #4)
  • Kiss Me in Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #6)
Carla Neggers is the New York Times bestselling author of the Sharpe & Donovan series featuring Boston-based FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan, and the popular Swift River Valley series set in the small, fictional New England town of Knights Bridge. With many bestsellers to her credit, Carla loves to write now as much as she did when she climbed a tree at age eleven with a pad and pen a ...more

Swift River Valley (9 books)
  • Secrets of the Lost Summer (Swift River Valley, #1)
  • That Night on Thistle Lane (Swift River Valley, #2)
  • Cider Brook (Swift River Valley, #3)
  • Echo Lake (Swift River Valley, #4)
  • A Knights Bridge Christmas (Swift River Valley, #5)
  • Red Clover Inn (Swift River Valley, #7)
  • The River House (Swift River Valley, #8)
  • Stone Bridges (Swift River Valley #9)