Start by marking “Mystery Child (Mission: Rescue #5)” as Want to Read:
Mystery Child (Mission: Rescue #5)

Mystery Child

(Mission: Rescue #5)

TO SAVE A CHILD

In the dark of night, Quinn Robertson is on the run with her little niece, desperate to bring the child to her biological father. All Quinn knows from her scared sister is that the girl is in terrible danger. And when a security and rescue specialist intercepts Quinn and claims he's there to help her, she isn't sure who to trust. According to Malone Henders
Published June 7th 2016 by Love Inspired (first published June 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Mystery Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery Child

Melanie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mystery Child is the fifth book in the Mission: Rescue series. While I've not read all the stories yet, I have read several of them and have been enjoying the series. This one was really good. I liked the characters and the suspense was consistent.

The story held my attention from nearly the first chapter on. I liked that the suspense was believable and I didn't feel like the characters did dumb things. ;)

Overall, a good read. You don't have to read this series in order. If you like romantic sus
Books and Spoons
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lots of action, mysteries, attacks, murder, and mayhem, in a fast paced tale, that keeps the reader on their toes.
The chaos, danger and the constant threat that surrounds Quinn, seems to be out of control, and it takes the FBI, the local police, the HEARTS and her brother, to keep her safe and alive. The only one who believes her sister is innocent on the recent string of crimes, and not to mention kidnapping, is Quinn. Her sweet heart wants to believe her sister has changed, and she makes some
Donna (More Than a Review)
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mystery Child: by Shirley McCoy is the fifth book in the Mission: Rescue Series. It can be read as a stand-alone but if you have been following the series it might be more impactful since they think they may have found Boone’s long lost daughter. Boone is the director of HEART; the organization that finds missing people.
I have really enjoyed this series. Mystery Child is about a young girl and they're wondering if it is Boone’s daughter that was abducted several years ago. Quinn is the main cha
Dorel
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th book I read by Shirlee McCoy. I really enjoyed this book's storyline. I really liked the Christian theme in this story. I really liked the action in this story. I really liked Quinn's character. I really liked Malone's character. I really liked the ending.
Jennifer Robb
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: love inspired suspense readers
Recommended to Jennifer by: Avon Lake Public Library
As a baby, Kendal Anderson disappeared with her mom deep into a cult while her father was deployed. Five years later, Tabitha shows up on her sister's doorstep with a girl she claims is Daniel Boone Anderson's daughter and asks Quinn to take the girl to her father. Quinn sets out to do so, but realizes she is being followed and contacts her ex-military brother August for assistance.

Boone's employer (HEART) also finds out about the lead on his daughter and asks Malone Henderson, who's vacationin
Kav
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Take a deep breath before opening this book because once you read these opening lines -- "They were coming. She could hear them as clearly as she could hear her pulse pounding frantically in her ears." -- well, you'll forget all about mundane things like breathing. Hyperventilating maybe. Because this is a heart-hammering, breath-stealing kind of read. From the very first page. Shirlee McCoy at her absolute best.

The HEART (Hostage Rescue and Extraction) Team is back, and while you don't have to
Anita
I know some people love longer books when reading this genre, but I loved that it was long enough to fill in the blanks without adding unnecessary twists and turns not critical to the story. ( A little over 200 pages)
This was my first of this particular series. I can honestly say that it is better writing in that aspect. If an author can somehow fill in the back story in a way that doesn't feel like a fill in, kudos.
I loved Quinn's (heroine) trust in her sister. I love the HEART group and how th
Kate Vale
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the Mission: Rescue series, this story focuses on Quinn Robertson whose sister begs her to deliver 5-yr-old Jubilee to her birthdad because the child is in danger. No reason given and then Tabitha disappears.

So begins a story rife with attempts on Quinn's life until Malone Henderson and his colleagues begin to unravel the story and catch the men trying to kill Quinn and her sister when they can't get to the child.
Sheri Jesse
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick, easy read. You can never go wrong with a Shirlee McCoy book.
Deloris  Mercer
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Fantastic series, the characters become your friends.
Thank you Ms. McCoy for such a great mystery and romance.
Lot's of twists and turns.
Alisha
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
was so glad to finally get this book. Have been wanting the reunion of Boone and his baby girl
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 stars for 98% of the story, with one full star added for that ending!

When Quinn’s older sister she hasn’t seen in years appears unannounced on her doorstep, Quinn is surprised. But not nearly as surprised as when her sister hands over her step-daughter and tells Quinn she has to get little 4-year old Jubilee to her real father, a man who has been searching for her tirelessly for her entire life. Her sister takes off, hoping her criminal husband will pursue her and leave the little girl alone.
Pianosue
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series of books are exciting and full of action. They do not have to be read in order and can be read alone; but if you read in order they provide background information on some of the HEART people working in the background. Quinn Robertson is on the run with her little niece in the middle of the night to get her to her biological father. But someone is chasing her. She is almost to her brother's home when she has to abandon her car and take to the woods where she is intercepted by Malone a ...more
Brenda C. McAllister
WOW!!!!!!

This was a really good book. It contained everything I look for in a book: intrique, mystery, faith in God and romance.
hana
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: od
Interesting story with plenty of twists, action, mysteries, murder and romance, but it feel superficial for me.
Ranie Elias
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, quick, suspenseful and humorous!
Glenda Parker
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in the Mission Rescue Series. I have loved each of these books in this series. Shirlee does an awesome job on suspense and intrigues. This story is well written, action packed, and fast paced. I always enjoy visiting the character's from the past books and seeing where they are now. I really like the HEART extended family.
Quinn Robertson receives a visit from her sister that she hadn't seen in many years. Her sister brought a small red headed child with her. Tabitha told h
Pam
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mystery Child is a Love Inspired Suspense by Shirlee McCoy. It is part of the Mission: Rescue series. It is a very good book and quick to read and enjoy. It is perfect for a summer day. However, you must be ready to read it until its end because it will grab your attention and you can’t help yourself.
Quinn Robertson was a kindergarten teacher who lived in an apartment above the bakery in Echo Lake. She was working two jobs to first pay the medical bills for her late husband but now to save to p
Rhonda
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

5 STARS

I have enjoyed this series of books. I have to say this one is my favorite. The books can stand alone but if you have read the series you will want to read this book. Especially if you have read the second book Her Christmas Guardian.

The story starts off right from the beginning. Quinn Robertson is hiding in the woods with her little niece trying to get to her brother's place. Some men are chasing her. She is taking Jubilee to her birth father.

Quinn is a teacher. A widow who has not seen
Jessica Figueroa
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, arc, netgally, mystery
Honestly I was on and off with this book. It was pretty good I liked it but I don't know it felt off. The whole story line was interesting which is why I requested to read this book ahead of time. I just felt at at sometimes I had a hard time following what was going on. I felt like it dragged in some areas. It was a pretty good mystery book but wasn't for me. And I hope they'll change that cover because it looked beyond cheesey. I love coming across books with covers that really catch my eyes b ...more
Cas
Once again, another fast paced drama packed with lots of close calls and romance.

This is a really good story by Shirley McCoy involving people working for Heart an organization which helps find missing people . In this case a missing child . There must be other stories by different writers focused around the Heart team because there was tension between Stella and Chance. In Shirlees story the focus was on a six year old child that could possibly be the missing daughter of the head of Heart. This
Becky
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I like the concept of these Mission: Rescue stories but this one falls a little flat for me.

Quinn is trying to return her niece to his biological father. Strange enough, he is actually the head of a missing children recovery organization. Her sister Tabitha is playing a game that makes her look like the villain of this mess. What will the truth reveal?

Too many characters and not enough interaction between the main hero and heroine to make a believable romance.

charmaine White
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Right

Shirley McCoy hit all the right notes with this book.Mystery,adventure,and romance.A fast moving thriller,that keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to the very end.
Harlequin Books
"The reader will be left wondering what awaits Quinn in this installment of McCoy’s Mission: Rescue series. Steady pacing and a solid plot combine, leaving no lulls in the action" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).

Miniseries: Mission: Rescue
Kathy Jund
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!!!
Kim
Feb 02, 2017 added it
I really enjoyed reading this book.
Alisha Grant
great story with plenty of twists, though hostage house scene occurred in a previous book in series with slight differences
Harlequin Books
received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Mission: Rescue
Pamela Leinenweaver
Jun 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 04, 2016 03:56PM

• Vanished in the Night (Wrangler's Corner #6)
  • Seek and Find (Rookie K-9 Unit #3)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Compromised Identity
  • Emergency Response (First Responders #4)
  • Code of Silence
  • Tailspin (Mountain Cove #5)
  • Ricochet
  • Grave Danger (Stepping Stones Island #2)
  • Into Thin Air
  • The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3)
  • The Yuletide Rescue (Alaskan Search and Rescue #1)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)

Mission: Rescue (8 books)
  • Protective Instincts (Mission: Rescue #1)
  • Her Christmas Guardian (Mission: Rescue #2)
  • Exit Strategy (Mission: Rescue #3)
  • Deadly Christmas Secrets (Mission: Rescue #4)
  • The Christmas Target (Mission: Rescue #6)
  • Mistaken Identity (Mission: Rescue #7)
  • Christmas on the Run (Mission: Rescue #8)