Start by marking “Falling for the Hometown Hero” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Hometown Hero

Falling for the Hometown Hero

The Soldier's Second Chance

After returning home wounded from an IED attack, former soldier Kaleb Palmer is hailed as a hero. But survivor's guilt makes him feel like a fraud. He hopes setting up a business in Ouray, Colorado, will give him a purpose and help him forget. But his new office manager has her own plans. Grace McAllen brings light and hope wherever she goes, an
Published May 24th 2016 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Falling for the Hometown Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for the Hometown Hero

Start your review of Falling for the Hometown Hero
Jennifer Robb
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Love Inspired readers, clean romance readers
Recommended to Jennifer by: Avon Lake Public Library
As this type of book goes, this was one of the more enjoyable ones.

Kaleb Palmer struggles with survivor's guilt and with being called a hero when he doesn't feel very heroic. He also struggles with feeling that a woman couldn't love him because his fiancee left him after he was injured by an IED.

Grace McAllen struggles with thinking she's unable to conceive and what that means for a marriage since her husband divorced her to take up with his pregnant girlfriend. She's been traveling ever since
Jill Kemerer
Ouray, Colorado comes to life in this tender romance between two wounded hearts. Grace can do everything by herself, and she's not afraid to say it. But one thing she can't do on her own? Relationships. Kaleb wants to help Grace, but he has to allow her to help him too. He struggles with survivor's guilt after being the lone survivor of an attack when he was stationed overseas. I fell in love with these two kind, caring, strong people, and I related to their emotional pain. The ending satisfied ...more
Bonnie
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Falling For The Hometown Hero by Mindy Obenhaus. Former soldier Kaleb Palmer owns Mountain View Jeep Tours. He was in the army and lost a leg. He hires Grace McAllen as his office manager. Grace has lots of ideas on how to get the touring business up and running smoothly. A romance happens even though they both have hurts from their past. A good read.
Cathy
A couple of friends read this book and then passed it along to me. I would rate it somewhere between a 3 and a 4. It started out being a 4, attention-grabbing, interesting premise. But some of the conversation lagged for me. Not that those kind of conversations didn't need to happen, but they weren't very noteworthy.

At first, the characters talked very well with each other, honestly, without hidden meanings or building up barriers to talking. That's something that I appreciate in a romance - no
Jaclyn
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet, entertaining romance that deals with emotional and physical scars. Some of the characters' views are a bit too old-fashioned for my taste (e.g. A character feeling like an "incomplete" woman because she's unable to have children), but I can imagine there are women who do feel like that and may be able to relate to that struggle.
Lisa
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best story so far in Mindy Obenhaus' series set in Ouray. Filled with love and faith, our hero and heroine have to face internal challenges and rediscover their faith and God's purpose to find their way to their own happily ever after. This is definitely a must read series.
Kav
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A heart-tugging tribute to hometown heroes everywhere. I was moved to tears in places as I lived Kaleb's pain -- and his triumphs -- right along with him. A truly humble hero; a man of faith with a surprisingly optimistic outlook on life...as long as he doesn't have to be confronted with his hero status and all the memories that stirs up. Kind of hard to do in a town that won't let him forget.

Grace is a feisty heroine with a chip on her shoulder and a stubborn desire to keep it there. She's pro
Denise Hershberger
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This book has a female lead, Grace, that I would never want to be! I cannot believe she chose to live in a pop up camper for her summer job! Seriously not my style. But it worked so well for her and led to many romantic moments so that was interesting.

I liked Kaleb too. I loved that he was a hands on business owner. And since my husband drove a Jeep when I met him I liked that part too. But I often felt bad for the guy because he had so many women in his life pushing him to do things. I know som
Deb Whitney
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful love story of two people who don't think that true love will ever come to them. One, because of his injuries from war, and the other because she doesn't believe she is worth loving. The each have to come to terms with their past in order to live into their future. How true that is for us as well. Until we come to terms with our past life, we cannot move into the future God has for us.

Mindy Obenhaus is a wonderfully talented author who writes amazing love stories that are a joy to read!
Harlequin Books
"Trust is a key theme in this book, along with the fact that God uses the broken. Kaleb does an admirable job demonstrating who the real heroes are: those in the military and those who have died serving our country" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).
Dana
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect read for memorial Day weekend! Loved the chemistry between Kaleb and Grace. Read it in one day.
Harlequin Books
Aug 07, 2017
Jen
Mar 25, 2017
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 03, 2016 11:30AM

• The Bravest Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #3)
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Fight to Survive (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #1)
  • Falling for Texas
  • Wolverine by Mark Millar Omnibus
  • White Bird
  • Wolverine: Three Months to Die, Book 2
  • Wolverine: Three Months to Die, Book 1
  • Bone, Vol. 9: Crown of Horns (Bone #9)
Award-winning author Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, two sassy pups, countless cattle, deer and the occasional coyote, mountain lion or snake. When she’s not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking and watching the Hallmark Channe ...more

News & Interviews