Start by marking “Sound of Silence” as Want to Read:
Sound of Silence

Sound of Silence (Sound of Silence #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
War isn’t a testament to a man’s strength; finding peace with it is.

Navy SEAL Caden Lawless is coming home. Holding his best friend as he bled out in the Afghanistan desert, Caden became bound by Justin’s desperate plea to care for his fiancée, and to love the son he’d never know. Battling a barrage of memories and with a head full of noise, Caden travels cross country in
Published May 15th 2017 by Elizabeth Miller

To ask other readers questions about Sound of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sound of Silence

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

5 #POPEYE STARS

For twelve years Justin and Caden Lawless are brothers in arms, each had the others back, now death with Justin’s name on the bullet has claimed his life and his dying wish was to his best friend to take care of his girlfriend and unborn child he never got to meet.

Fuck you for getting shot, fuck you for getting me shot, and goddam Justin, fuck you for dying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“War isn’t a testament to a man’s strength; finding peace with it is.”

Caden known Justin for as far back as his memorie
Saunders
an exceptional story. Strong writing, great plot/story, emotional and a perfect ending.
Dri ✰
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
3,8 Sunshine&Popeye stars!!!

"The dark is the scariest and best place to unleash your fears; the place to dream and wish for everything that seems impossible; that place where hopelessness doesn’t exist because the stars do. And if they burn and the moon shines, then the light that scorches away the darkness is alive within us."

Eu gostei desse livro, mas não sei, ficou faltando alguma coisa pra me fazer amar.
Achei a narrativa gostosa e fluída e adorei a Piper!Não foi uma leitura desagr
Sian
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-reads, reviews
I have been asked to give an honest review...
"Sound of Silence" tells the story of SEAL Caden and Piper... Piper is his best friends pregnant girlfriend who had died on a mission. Caden comes home and together they overcome their grief and end up falling in love.

Sound of Silence is well written. I love the plot and really enjoyed how the story unfolded and captured my heart from start to finish.

I would recommend "Sound of Silence" to everyone who love to read about finding love in the most unli
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

He’s not the kind of guy you take for a spin and decide afterward you want another model, an upgrade, a new year. Caden Lawless is the only ride in the lot and once you get in, there’s no stopping. I’m just not sure he’s ready for the long haul, and I’m not into mass transit.

I like a man who can self-reflect. I like him even better when he’s got tattoos. But I like him best when he treats my girl with respect. We good, or should we throw down out in the hall?

I think the best part
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
Read on behalf of Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review.

"One act, one decision changes lives."

This book was ah-mazing. It definitely made me a little emotional. One minute I was in tears, then I would turn the page and start laughing, next I was on on the edge of my seat with fear and anticipation.
Piper is a beautiful, independent, loving and sometimes stubborn young lady who lost her love and husband.
Caden is a tall, striking, slightly damaged SEAL with a heart of gold who lost his childhood best
Malene
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Sound Of Silence has everything I look for in a contemporary romance. Drama, a little angst and lots of romance but most of all it has a story, that feels authentic and believable thanks to the flawless writing by Elizabeth Miller.

What I truly love about SoS is the characters. Caden and Piper. They are fabulous and so well developed throughout the story which is also well crafted. Caden is a hero but a broken one after his last mission which has left him battling with PTSD. He's hurting both ph
Sara M.
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Lustful Literature

Josie's Review

I’m a military mom so anything that is military related I’m sure to read. With that said after I read the synopsis to Sound of Silence I immediately wanted my hands on it. Once I finally got it could not put the book down. It’s filled with sorrow, heartache, joy, suspense and second chances – ohhhh and Caden Lawless (FYI please to the military God’s in heaven can you send one to my door). What this story also had that absolutely blew me away was how this author handled PTSD.

Caden
Erica
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew going in this was going to be emotional so thankfully I was prepared to hide out with a box of tissues while everyone was at school and work, reading this book in one sitting with no outside interruptions.

Caden and Piper have both been through the wringer.
Caden held his best friend Justin as he bled out and it's something he can't get over, something he blames himself for every single day. This makes each day a struggle for him and each night he relives that pain.

Piper is Justin's fiance
Konny
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sound of Silence by Elizabeth Miller is a stand-alone contemporary romance novel.

Meet Navy SEAL Caden Lawless, hes home from military on his way to Piper.

Caden has a new future, one he never wanted.
He promised his brother in arms to care for his fiancée and to love his unborn son.

Piper Stevens is pregnant with her KIA fiancés baby, deep in mourning and angry, so so angry.
Shes slashing into Cadens grief and heart.
Caden has his own demons and scars, both visible and invisible.
They build a friendsh
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
"When I read the synopsis for Sound of Silence, it drew me in.

Navy Seal Caden Lawless is struggling with life, Piper too is struggling with life and loss.

I felt everyone of Piper’s feelings, being a military spouse myself, you struggle with daily life when the military member is deployed. You were worry every day about the “what if’s”. Caden feels guilt for so many things, on top of trying to discover the truth about his father. Two lost souls find each other and try to find their way back to
Shermaine Dowling
Stellar!Awesome! It's Everything!

Elizabeth Miller totally gets that almost indefinable love-between-a-man/woman connection, and knows precisely how to describe it with such vividly accurate depth and breadth. I totally fell into worshipful wonder for her writing with the Midnight series, having read, re-read AND listened to all of the Charlie and Collin saga, and now Caden and Piper found a tiny nook into my frazzled, pitiful mind and heart. It may break me and seriously threaten my hopes of a r
Merle
This one is more complex than it first appears. An injured SEAL, damaged by the loss of good men, returns to a small West Coast town to keep a promise. His deceased friend's fiancee is about to give birth to their son, and Caden promises to be there for her.

Piper isn't sure she wants him there. Caden is also haunted by the op that cost him part of his team. Their relationship begins in a rocky fashion, but as time passes, both become more at ease with each other.

The story is more involved, and C
Renee at Book Happiness
I received this for an honest review!!!

This book I just DO NOT have the words.. It threw my emotions all over the place and had me absolutely falling in love with Caden and Piper!!!

Such a beautiful story of love!! This book simply beautiful and wonderful in so many ways I just do not have the words to say!!!! OH MY GOD!!! LOVED EVERY MINUTE!!!
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Sound of Silence by Elizabeth Miller is a heartfelt story of loss and love. A story about two people who lost a person they both loved and are finding it hard to live without him. One had too little time and the other not nearly enough. And when he asks his best friend to watch out for his girl and baby, what choice does he have but to keep his promise?

Navy Seal Caden Lawless promised his best friend, Justin, as he was dying, to be there for his fiancé and the son he would never meet. Best frien
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
This story will pull you in from the beginning to the end. Could I have more Lawless please? This story is full of heartache, smiles, suspense, finding closure, a second chance at life, wanting muffins (just don’t throw them at me LOL) and so much more. It makes you wonder how you would handle this situation. Some would agree and others would not. I think how the story ended up was where they had fate intervene and while your heart hurts it heals in the end and breaks the silence you held onto. ...more
Sassy Southern
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the most breathtakingly beautiful romances I have ever read. This is not just a story about love-it's a story about two people healing each other after the one of the most unfathomable tradegies ever known.
Piper is pregnant-due in the next couple weeks, and mourning the loss of her fiancé Justin who was lost in combat overseas. Caden finds himself at Piper's doorstep upon his best friend, and navy SEAL brother's dying wish. He has to stay long enough to get Piper out of this dilapidated
Lynn Reynolds
Shelves: finished-reading
I know that some of you like to skip right to the story, and I used to be one of you, but you need to take the time to read the note that this author has written. It’s a great way to start your love of this book. The story is written in parts. It’s something that will help you if you need to find a good place to stop. Most of us are visual people and because we have no “screen” to see this story unfold, we rely on the author’s words in order to paint those pictures. And Ms. Miller does a great j ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my truth....I loved this book so very much. What an incredible story, not only in the love story that bloomed, but in the story of loss, of second chances and the mystery and intrigue that takes place as a second storyline inside of the first. This book so so very well written that you find yourself hard-pressed to put it down until you reach the very end.

The characters are well written and a bit complex, especially Caden who is a Navy Seal who returns after losing his best friend on the
Wit & Wonder Books
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review **

Sound of Silence by Elizabeth Miller is a military contemporary romance. As a military spouse myself, military romances always touch my heart. I breathed Piper and Caden in and didn't want to exhale them. They brought a different level of anger, hurt, friendship and love that not all military relationships encounter.

"War isn't a testament to a man's strength; finding peach with it is."

Brother in arms, NAVY Seals Justin Weber and Caden
Kathy Wideman
Wow… this book is fantastic. I have read some of Elizabeth’s other books and this one does connect with McKenna Chronicles. Caden Lawless has come home from his last SEAL mission not quite the same as when he left. He lost his best friend Justin during their last mission. Now he is back to fulfil a promise he made. He is going to take care of Justin’s fiancé and the baby she is about to have. This is his next mission. Will Cade be able to do it or will he want more from Piper? Piper fell in love ...more
Cheri
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given a warning before starting this book. I'm passing it along to you--bring tissues.

Caden, A SEAL recovering from wounds external and internal, faces Piper, the pregnant fiancee of his best friend and brother SEAL. The man who died in his arms after asking Caden to take care of Piper and his son. From that first meeting, they fight their loyalty to the man who pushed them together and the attraction that burns between them. Sometimes they express their feelings in anger and other times
Alex in Spades
3,5 Stars

I liked this story very much. I'm a sucker for soldiers and pixie pregnant single mothers, so I had fun. Caden was such an amazing man. He was the perfect combination of caring, sweet and dirty. I also really enjoyed that even though he was a soldier, he wasn't afraid to show real emotions. It was truly amazing to see him struggle with his PTSD, with the ghosts of his past, and the love for the girl. Piper was such a sweet girl, I really enjoyed her character. I really like that the aut
Jessica
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 Stars!

I loved this book. This story has everything that I think a Contemporary romance should have. The story pulled me in from the get go and left me wanting more. I so am not ready to say goodbye to Cade Lawless. I am calling dibs on him. I am sure others have said this too. He is a great character and I would love to have a Cade in my life. He is Alpha but is so much more than that. He is loyal, and will do whatever he can do to make the people in his life happy. He lost his best friend in
Kat J
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
So I am easy to hook when it comes to military books... I love reading about how someone lays down their life for another and what happens if one of the team members don't come home.

In Seal teams, they are like family. A brotherly bond that cannot be broken no matter what and a code they live by. Caden knows he needs to go to and take care of his brother's fiance and unborn child since he made it home, but Justin didn't. It was Justin's dying wish.

What Caden doesn't realise is how much he attrac
Bayli
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance-adult
**I was given an arc by the author in exchange for an honest review**

The premise of this story drew me in immediately. I love me some military men stories. I also love a man who has some issues, much like Caden. He's fighting with his demons, including losing his best friend while at war. (this isn't a spoiler). I also love when there's a pregnancy with drama behind it. I don't mind insta-lust or insta-love as long as they are done right. I like alpha men with attitude problems.

I dont know why
Stephanie Spitzer
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"All is fair in love and war," or so the saying goes.....

I don't think Lieutenant Commander Caden Lawless or Piper Stevens would agree. Both Caden and Piper have lost their loved one, Justin Weber. Justin was Piper's fiance and the father of her unborn child. Justin was Caden's lifelong best friend and brother in arms. Caden struggles between honoring his promise to Justin that he would take care of Piper and their unborn child, and his guilt for wanting his deceased friend's girl. Piper struggl
Brandi Aga
Pregnant? Check.
Military? Check.
Heartache? Check.
Love? Check.

That list right there is super important to me. It's the perfect little recipe in this beautifully written contemporary romance. Being a military wife this story really hit home. It could be real, could really happen to anyone.

Piper is angry and hurt but she's also stubborn and strong. I felt so hard for her, I just wanted to hug her through it. Caden is also dealing with those emotions, having made a promise to his best friend: watch
Nicole Ortiz
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was Amazing. Loved the storyline, exceptional writing, emotional love story with suspense and a little action. Loved all the characters. Once I started reading this I was hooked from beginning to end. I love how strong Caden is as he is a Seal trying to recovery from his injuries, losing not only his best friend but a bunch of his brothers, trying to figure out what happened to his dad, dealing with PTSD and struggling with his love for his dead best friends fiancee. I would love to f ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Sound of Silence (2 books)
  • Lawless

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)