Start by marking “Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 7 (Tokyo Ghoul, #7)” as Want to Read:
Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 7 (Tokyo Ghoul, #7)

Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 7

(Tokyo Ghoul #7)

Ghouls live among us, the same as normal people in every way-except their craving for human flesh. Ken Kaneki is an ordinary college student until a violent encounter turns him into the first half-human half-ghoul hybrid. Trapped between two worlds, he must survive Ghoul turf wars, learn more about Ghoul society and master his new powers.

Kaneki is captured and then torture
Published June 21st 2016 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 7

Dana Salman
Oh My God...
Like I knew Kaneki was going to go through a drastic transformation but I'd never imagined the costs...
And screw all the people who are simply cheering the fact that he has become a white-haired badass rather than weak and timid, I have never felt so sorry for a character... I mean I don't deny that he is a badass.

But, oh God, that scene. Just... horrible. Brilliant, but horrible. My eyes were as wide as tennis balls. My heart felt like there was a cement block sitting on top of it.
Aya Hamza
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
THIS. WAS. SO. EMOTIONAL.
I felt sorry for Kaneki-kun.

Magdalen
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was the most shocking, gruesome, painful volume of Tokyo Ghoul (at least so far?)
I remember in the first chapters (1st volume I suppose) when Kaneki compared himself to Gregor Samsa when he turned into a ghoul, but oh boy THIS was his intense transformation!!
Kaneki-kun being tortured was distressing and just awful. It kept me at the edge of my seat. My eyes popped out while I was reading it. My heart was beating faster (so cliché) and of course chills run down my spine. Oh poor Kane
Maria
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
BRUHHHH this was freaking AWESOME. everything: the art style (yeah, EVEN the fight scenes), dialogue, plot in general has gotten progressively better.
!!!!KANEKI!!!!! now this is what i call character development. I’m living for this new strong!confident!badass!completely fucked up!kaneki. 😩👏🏽 that whole thing with yamori/jason and their fight? E P I C.
also, touka reminded me of mikasa ackerman from AOT 😪
P.S. still love nishiki and tsukiyama and need more of them pls
Phee
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
What’s 1000 minus 7?
Shannon
This volume somehow made the story way more complicated and also more boring.

Honestly, I'm not sure why I keep reading this series.
Mary ♥
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That is what I call a 'Halloween read'.
Clara (Clarylovesbooks)
From now on, nothing will be the same, and i'm so excited to see what is going to happen next, especially because the second season of the anime was so confusing.
Nərmin
OMG...Kaneki...
The big transformation happened. Kaneki has endured so much suffer and torture that he finally snapped. His mind is a mess, filled with desire of revenge, anger, sorrow. I felt sorry for him.
It was really hard for me to read the torture scenes. Especially when the tortured one is my preicious character. If I were Kaneki, I would die from heart attack. He is really strong: both physically and mentally.
The most hated guy is Jason Yamori.
The one problem is that I don't understand wh
Waukesha
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awwsalah
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
i read today 60 chapters. so i can't really tell what goes where. and what chapter belongs to what volume. but I'm sure this where keneki goes to white hair co-named keneki. and where he beats the Hannibal dud.
SyaSya Syed Nasir
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This series are so damn good! Omg! I need to go and buy the whole series tomorrow. 😉
Holly Letson
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5*

This volume was all over the place, and I didn't care for it as much as volumes that came much earlier. Hopefully, this series gets better instead of continuing down the downward spiral it started last volume on.
Annie
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT. Definitely one of my favorites so far. The transformation of Ken was horrible to witness and I feel SO sorry for him because of what he was going through, but I'm really curious to see what he is capable of now. I can't wait to read the next volume!
Audrey
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy moly! Was this my favorite volume yet? I think yes!

This one was so gruesome!! I have a taste for the macabre and this volume definitely fulfilled that (and then some). I really liked having more background on Kaneki as well.

I really loved #7 and I just flew through the pages. So good!
Radwa
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, e-books
This was really gruesome.

I hate the transformation that Kaneki had to go through, I feel so sorry for him, and I feel that he's beginning to lose his humanity more in this volume.

Arsénico
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas
POR FINNN, KANEKI!!! *__*
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, ya
4.5 stars.
Well now who could it be? That lives inside of me?

Kaneki gif

That was beautiful. Oh my god. Listening to the anime soundtrack while reading this in order to commemorate the Season One finale only made it that much sweeter. My favourite soundtrack ever, by the way. And I listen to a fair bunch of soundtracks.

This is the Tokyo Ghoul I fell in love with. It was so good. And emotional. And gruesome. And holy shit amazing.

The anime followed the manga relatively closely, though there were many lit
Debby
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whaaaaaaaat I can't handle thissss
Mai
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His hair turned white!! and he became badass omg!!

(white haired anime guys are my weakness goddammit)
Eslem Ouederni
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is my favorite book of the series so Far !!
Everything is getting upside down !!
And the changes that happened. Move on to the next book *_*
Amanda Setasha Hall
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zzz-2017, manga
Really REALLY graphic. Like seriously. This series keeps getting more graphic in the violence department. Holy hell.
There was a bit of an art style change - it's a style I'm not used to seeing in manga. It's not terrible, but it took me a while to get used to it in this one. They change Kaneki's hair color in this one - and it's not that noticeable. I was only able to know because they actually talk about it.
Gavin Abdollahi
So much more violent/darker than the anime..
Priscilla
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so sad for kaneki.
What did he did to deserve this?
It is so sad how broken he is now. It kills me that even if he changed he only did it to protecet the persons he loved and he is still doesn't want to be a monster but if he doesn't he won't survive.
Apple
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kaneki looks so innocent after he came out of that torture room! You would never expect him to be the one who weakened Yamori.
description
James DeSantis
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The white hair warrior is BORN!

So Ken is being tortured after the last events of volume 6. It's pretty disturbing to watch, and seeing him being put through this slowly is disgusting. We also get the doves coming in just murdering the shit out of the people hurting Ken. Funny enough, they just in there to kill them, not rescue him. That's for ward 13 to do. So got a three way war basically with more Ken in the middle. Well poor, until he flips, and becomes more Ghoulish.

Good: Loved the turn. T
Lanie
This was amazing. So gorey and violent. Tragic and epic. I read most of this at my lunch break today. Lol. I had to try really hard not to freak out and cry. I wanted to so bad, too. This was so hard to read. But it really added to the over all story. My dear, sweet Ken. I am a wreck. I want to haul you out of the book for coffee, hugs, and therapy. Of course, I wouldn't be able to feed you though. That might be a problem.

Loved.

Totally recommend the series if you like manga. Particularly series
Michelle (Crazy Cat Lady)
Brutal and disturbing, and as equally engrossing. I'm excited to get to the wholly new material people have said wasn't included in Root A, but should have been, though I feel there's already been a little of that.
Josephine
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Yeeeeesss Kaneki!

All I have to say is that this is just bad. ass.

As per usual, I love everything. As others have said, some of the fight scenes are a bit tricky to decipher, but aside from that I've got zero complaints.
Darby
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
Bby :(
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• プラチナエンド 1 [Platina End 1] (Platinum End, #1)
  • 進撃の巨人 20 [Shingeki no Kyojin 20] (Attack on Titan, #20)
  • QQスイーパー 2 (QQ Sweeper, #2)
  • マギ 16 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #16)
  • デビルズライン 3 (Devils' Line, #3)
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 3 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #3)
  • ノラガミ 5 (Noragami: Stray God, #5)
  • Deadman Wonderland, Volume 13 (Deadman Wonderland, #13)
  • 終わりのセラフ 7 [Owari no Serafu 7] (Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign, #7)
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 2
Also known as 石田スイ.

Sui Ishida (石田スイ, Ishida Sui), born December 28, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan, is a Japanese manga artist
In 2010 he won the Young Jump 113th Grand Prix award with Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種, Tōkyō Kushu). In March 2011, the same oneshot was published in the 2nd Issue of Miracle Jump. And later in September 2011, Tokyo Ghoul started as a series in Weekly Young Jump 2011-41 Issue. In December

Tokyo Ghoul (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 3 [Tokyo Guru 3] (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 4 [Tokyo Guru 4] (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 5 [Tokyo Guru 5] (Tokyo Ghoul, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 6 [Tokyo Guru 6] (Tokyo Ghoul, #6)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 8 [Tokyo Guru 8] (Tokyo Ghoul, #8)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 9 [Tokyo Guru 9] (Tokyo Ghoul, #9)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 10 [Tokyo Guru 10] (Tokyo Ghoul, #10)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 11 [Tokyo Guru 11] (Tokyo Ghoul, #11)
“WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME ALL ALONE..! I'm lovely.. I don't want to be alone. Mom... I... I wanted you to choose me... I WANTED YOU TO LIVE FOR ME!" "Even if it meant letting your aunt die?" "EVEN IF IT MEANT LETTING HER DIE!” 34 likes