Start by marking “The Heiress and the Chauffeur, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Heiress and the Chauffeur, Vol. 2

The Heiress and the Chauffeur, Vol. 2

(Ojōsama No Untenshu #2)

At an all-girls school during the Taisho Era of Japan, rumors swirl that heiress Sayaka Yoshimura is having a forbidden love affair with her chauffeur, Shinobu Narutaki! Sayaka scoffs at the rumors, but could a romance between master and servant actually be brewing?

Sayaka’s father arranges for her to marry the son of an earl! Meanwhile, Sayaka has started to develop
Published August 2nd 2016 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Heiress and the Chauffeur, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heiress and the Chauffeur, Vol. 2

Start your review of The Heiress and the Chauffeur, Vol. 2
Mary
"You're like an angel that someone like me isn't supposed to touch."

GO PICK THIS UP RIGHT NOW.

A two volume series about a forbidden love between an heiress and her servant. Sayaka finally comes to terms with her feelings for her servant, Narutaki, and learns that sometimes love can't transcend everything.

But she's willing to see what she can do. Independent and brave, our heroine stumbles forward on her bad leg, willing to test social standings.

[image error]
I loved this short series and HIGHLY
Laiba Saif
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, own
~4/5
(Contains some spoilers.)

Even if the ending of this series is unbelievable to some, or inaccurate to the times, or whatever—I don’t care. I still enjoyed it and found it at least somewhat plausible, and even then that’s not the point to me.

Sayaka gets a real suitor for marriage, and even though their first meeting goes terribly, she sparks something in him and he decides to work for real. It’s competition for her chauffeur. Thankfully, this doesn’t go far, though. Sayaka isn’t the type to go
Celia Mitchell
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Also known as "The Heiress and the Chauffeur," the second volume of this series dives into a heartbreaking romance that the first volume could barely skim on the surface of. I say heartbreaking because there are so many hard choices that have to be made. You watch both of them fall in love with each other, and go down that path of self-destruction. The male lead's rebellious nature is simultaneously the glue holding their relationship together, as well as the element that threatens to burn it ...more
Nerys Medina
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Last vol of this series.

I liked that the heroine was a no-nonsense, strong willed person. It was interesting the way that the Class and Rank differences were potrayed in the story, the view of the Taishou Era society and how strongly the main characters felt for each other.

It had some predictable moments and some well-known tropes but, in the end, it was a good and entertaining story.
Shizu
Este manga es sobre un romance entre una mujer de alta sociedad con su mayordomo, lo que respecta un amor imposible o no muy bien visto en lo que cabía esperarse antes. Es una historia corta y predecible, pero con un bonito dibujo y buen desarrollo, lo que hace al manga fácil de leer y además rápido. No es nada del otro mundo pero es un manga dulce y corto.
Aleece
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute end to a cute series.

Katherine Mowery
Cute, better than the first volume, a nice short series.
Galion Public Library Teens
Review by K.M.: "The ending is happy but it felt like it wouldn't come, at least not happy. This is a good manga. I love it."
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Amanda Allen
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This ending was great and showed the true struggle of coming from two different worlds.
Lisa Kizer
Read under the title The Heiress and the Chauffer
Lynn
Today's post is on The Heiress and The Chauffeur volume 2 by Keiko Ishihara. It is the second in a duology. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has the two main characters on it looking at the reader. The story is told from third person close of the two main characters moving one to the other as the story goes. The intended reader is someone who likes cute shojo stories, historical romance, and pretty art. There is no foul language, no sexuality, and very mild violence ...more
Brittany
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh how I loved this manga so much. This is the second and final volume in The Heiress and the Chauffeur duology of manga and I simply loved it. First off the story was so sweet and so cute and I loved how it ended. Not only because it ended great overall but the bonus story added in this manga. The bonus story that takes place many years later and it is fantastic. It adds overall to the story that was being told and wraps it up nicely. While this isn't the most exciting or crazy manga that I've ...more
Nadina
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This was a solidly average series.
I liked the artwork and the ending to the story, but it seemed quite rushed in parts and the little review of the characters at the beginning of each chapter was a little annoying.
I probably wouldn't really recommend it, but I wouldn't say not to read it either. I just feel indifferent about it.
Audrey Arnold
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful ending to a lovely story. The art is as great as ever, and the end leaves the reader satisfied. I also found the overall message of this story to be an empowering one. I like reading about strong women, and Sayaka is definitely strong. This was a wonderful story that I really enjoyed reading.
Diana Lynn
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Meh. Some cute parts and GORGEOUS artwork, but the story was just meh. The additional characters seemed fun, but ultimately did nothing for the story. At least I didn't dislike the main characters, the plot was just thin. Not my cup of tea.
Minh Nhật
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cristina Martí Ruiz
Lo disfruté mucho. Con final redondo como me gusta ...more
Kristina
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read
Aww, I loved this! The story was so sweet and is now one of my favorites. I'm sad it was only two volumes long.
Rahul Sharma
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful story
And Beautiful characters
I am in love with this manga
dara.
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! SO GOOD I COULD CRY!!!
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

With this second and final volume in the series, Sayaka and Narutaki's romance reaches its natural conclusion. Of course, there will be the typical competing love interest introduced and usual 'last minute at the airport/harbor' meet up. Ishihara doesn't tread any new ground here and the ending is fairly underwhelming.

Story: Sayaka is introduced to Akihito - an Earl and her potential husband. But she is still grappling
Jamie
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manwha
This ended up being a short, but very cute series. A suitor intervenes in Sayaka's life. Some slightly unexpected turns occur in this volume. Friendships formed, sacrifices made and family secrets discovered. Quite a packed little volume! Narutaki is such a stand-up guy I couldn't help but like. The class difference and her father's behavior are a bit heartbreaking.
Nursofiyah
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I don't know but I really do have a thing for forbidden love. Hehe. But how did their bond went from weak to inseparable so fast. They were ready to let go for each other's sake but the moment her father butt in, they went 180. For that, I'm thankful for sayaka' s father to drive them into the corner that they realized they can never let go. Huhu.
Shannon
Cute, fairly predictable short series. Nothing crazy or ground-breaking, but fun and sweet.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Predictable ending - but then again, I didn't read this to be blown away, I read it because it looked cheesy and cute.
Rod Brown
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Bad, bad, bad. See my review on volume one.
Ashley F
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Detailed review to come...

I had to read this the moment it became available for review. I just had to know how it ended.

• 高嶺と花 1 (Takane to Hana #1)
  • 月刊少女野崎くん 4 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 4] (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, #4)
  • QQスイーパー 2 (QQ Sweeper, #2)
  • 月刊少女野崎くん 5 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 5] (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, #5)
  • 高嶺と花 2 (Takane to Hana #2)
  • 水神の生贄 2 [Suijin no Hanayome 2] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #2)
  • 高嶺と花 3 (Takane to Hana #3)
  • 水神の生贄 1 [Suijin no Hanayome 1] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #1)
  • 水神の生贄 4 [Suijin no Hanayome 4] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #4)
  • 水神の生贄 3 [Suijin no Hanayome 3] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #3)
  • 水神の生贄 5 [Suijin no Hanayome 5] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #5)
  • 水神の生贄 6 [Suijin no Hanayome 6] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #6)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 04 (Dawn of the Arcana, #4)
  • QQスイーパー 3 (QQ Sweeper, #3)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 05 (Dawn of the Arcana, #5)
  • 水神の生贄 10 [Suijin no Hanayome 10] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #10)
  • 水神の生贄 7 [Suijin no Hanayome 7] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #7)
  • QQスイーパー 1 (QQ Sweeper, #1)

Ojōsama No Untenshu (2 books)
  • The Young Lady's Chauffeur (Ojōsama No Untenshu, #1)