Start by marking “Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1 & 2 (Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, #1)” as Want to Read:

Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1 & 2

(Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus #1)

Tetsuya Kuroko doesn't stand out much. In fact, he's so plain that people hardly ever notice when he's around. Though he's just as unremarkable on the basketball court, that's where his plainness gives him an unexpected edge—one that lets him execute awesome moves without others noticing!

When incoming first-year Taiga Kagami joins the Seirin High basketball team, he meets
Published August 2nd 2016 by VIZ Media, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 1

Start your review of Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1 & 2 (Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, #1)
Thalia Grace
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG IS KUROKO NO BASUKE FINALLY COMING OUT IN ENGLISH?!?!?!??! AM I BUYING IT? HELL YEAH!!

Nicholas Driscoll
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would probably give this a three and a half, but it feels good to put four stars. My favorite thing about this manga is the fact that the titular character, while amazing at some aspects of basketball, is not good at everything and probably never will be. He is incredibly unassuming and his talent is to stay in the shadows where nobody notices him. Sure, there are many sports manga where the hero starts out a little bad, but usually they are also very flashy with their skills. I like that this ...more
Emily Tran
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series introduces the reader to a lot of characters, but manages to develop all of them fairly nicely. We get to see a different, detailed, and imaginary perspective on basketball with this manga. The emotional struggles Kuroko faces, as he finds his way in basketball, is very exciting with all the comedy and action.
Marialena I.
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
My favourite sports manga finally released in english! The format is a 2 volume omnibus manga but without color pages. The series is centered around basketball and more specifically around Kuroko who at first glance looks incompetent at basketball and generally a plain person without a strong presence starting his first year in Seirin high school. There, along with the other main protagonist, named Kagami who just arrived from America and is a really good player with passion for the sport, they ...more
Vernon Area Public Library KIDS
At Teiko Middle School, there was a famous basketball team that won three consecutive national middle school championships. The five prodigies were known as the greatest players and were called the Miracle Generation. However, it was rumored that there was one more exceptional player that was part of the Miracle Generation … a phantom sixth man. Now, all six prodigies attend different high schools. Can the phantom player, known for being invisible, defeat his former teammates and help his team b ...more
ej_bookcorner
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, owned-booked
I've always been in love with this franchise! From the anime to the manga.
I'm already familiar with this series and already know the in and outs of the characters and plot. But I never had completed reading the manga fully or watch the anime fully, what I mean by that is that I always skim through episodes and chapters to move on to the "interesting" part. But now that I'm starting to collect the series, I decided to read the whole story and this time no skimming through pages and chapters. So
Christina
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one going onto it I was not sure how i would feel because my only other comparison was haikyuu. And this is different from haikyuu but not in a bad way.
• With the sport being basketball for an american audience member like me it was easy to understand the beginner rules but if you don't know the basics you could get thrown off.
• I do like that the coach is a female it definitely brings a different perspective.
• I also enjoyed the different character dynamics presented. Its going to b
Joey
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays is one of those series that got really popular during a time I was out of Anime. I'm just getting around to reading it for the first time, though I intend to catch up on some more current series first. The art is pretty nice for shonen manga, and the set-up is intriguing.
Somunachi Okee-Aguguo
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorite anime's so I knew I would love the manga. The anime follows the manga closely so if you're expecting a new story or huge differences you won't get that from this. Still a great story overall.
Shawna
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
THIS IS WEIRD. AND I'M HERE FOR THIS.
Mars
Fujimaki's early style needs some getting used to :P

Anyway, my only complaint about the 2-in-1 edition is that the cover for the second volume inside could've been in color.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

Review to follow
megs ⚯͛
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Back on my bullshitttttttt
Emily
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This isn't an amazing story by any means, but it's fun, and I rarely feel annoyed while reading it. Also, the art can be a bit wonky at times, but it is never enough to be distracting.
Six
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
a non-entity BASKETBALL GENIUS!
Dakota
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
About 4.25 or 4.5. Not entirely sure though. Can't decide.
Mai Xiong
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was fun to read and I learned more things about basketball. I saw how hard playing a sport can be and how playing with your team and be a really big difference. You can't do anything alone, and sometimes you just have to depend on others. What I liked about the book was that it was different than some other sports books. It shows how the team it really passionate about basketball and how much they wanna win for their school. Even if they lost, they still didn't give up and tried their best in ...more
X
So, I'm not really into sports manga. I gave this a shot because I've heard it described as "sports manga for people that don't like sports manga." So far I can't really say that's true and I haven't really seen anything that particularly stands out about it. For one thing, it's a sausage fest, which is the main reason I don't like sports manga. The other reason is, the whole thing is basically people trash talking each other dramatically and then there's a game and I don't pay much attention to ...more
Ericka
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shounen, i-own, ebook
This was an unusual shounen manga. Instead of having a protagonist who's way, way overpowered, Kuroko is kind of weak and wimpy. He doesn't suddenly become less weak and wimpy, and he's really an unlikely main character. His "secret ability" of having no presence works great for both comedic purposes and for "action" purposes, and I like that he suddenly doesn't become super strong or something just because he's in "The Big Game" or something like that.

Overall, the cast of characters is interes
Lexie
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Welcome to the recap about the ACTUAL basketball manga I thought Haikyu!! was.

I'm actually pretty sure a fair amount of my friends like this....?

Anyhow it's kind of a revenge story? Kind of. It's like Hikaru no Go, but for basketball.

Since I didn't much like Tetsuya...or Kuroko...or anyone I sped through this. The bloopers at the end of the chapters were fun and I can see why this would be popular but it's just not for me.
Jasmine Skye
Recommended for readers who like basketball, characters who learn different ways to heal from trauma, and team-based hijinks.

This may be my favorite sports story of all time—at the very least it's my favorite of the complete sports anime out there.
Dani (ダニ)
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Loved this. It's the first time that I've read a basketball manga and I really liked this. Kuroko is a great character. Love him.

Edit: Reread. Still love this a lot!
Rod Brown
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
A well-done sports manga with a deliberately enigmatic lead character and a strong celebration of the triumph of teamwork over egotistic superstars.
Chan
David Robinson
Dec 17, 2018
Ella
Sep 05, 2018

• 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • ハイキュー!! 2 頂の景色 [Haikyū!! 2]
  • 水神の生贄 3 [Suijin no Hanayome 3] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #3)
  • ハイキュー!! 1 日向と影山 [Haikyū!! 1 Hinata to Kageyama]
  • ジャッカス! ~触っていいって誰が言ったよ?~ [Jackass! - Sawatte Ii tte Dare ga Itta yo?]
  • ハイキュー!! 4 ライバル [Haikyū!! 4 Rival]
  • ニセコイ 1 [Fake Love 1] (Nisekoi, #1)
  • ハイキュー!! 3 チーム烏野、始動 [Haikyū!! 3 Team Karasuno, shidō]
  • ハイキュー!! 5 IH突入! [Haikyū!! 5 IH Totsunyū!]
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 23 [Boku no Hero Academia 23] (My Hero Academia, #23)
  • Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 1 (Deadman Wonderland, #1)
  • ハイキュー!! 6 ザ・セッター対決 [Haikyū!! 6 The Setter taiketsu]
  • ハイキュー!! 7 進化 [Haikyū!! 7 Shinka]
  • ハイキュー!! 29 見つける [Haikyū!! 29 Mitsukeru]
  • Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 1
  • ハイキュー!! 8 脱・"孤独の王様" [Haikyū!! 8 Datsu "Kodoku no Ōsama"]
  • Rebirth Volume 20 (Rebirth)
Tadatoshi Fujimaki (藤巻 忠俊, Fujimaki Tadatoshi, born June 9th, 1982, Tokyo) is a Japanese mangaka, most known for his manga Kuroko no Basuke, serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump. Fujimaki was brought up in a good household and environment. He attended Toyama High School and enrolled to Sophia University. He chose for a manga career after finishing his studies.

Also known as 藤巻 忠俊 and 藤巻忠俊.

Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Kuroko's Basketball (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2: Includes Vols. 3 & 4
  • Kuroko’s Basketball, Vol. 3: Includes Vols. 5  6
  • Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 4: Includes Vols. 7 & 8 (Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, #4)
  • Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 5: Includes Vols. 9 & 10 (Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, #5)
  • Kuroko’s Basketball, Vol. 6: Includes vols. 11  12