Start by marking “Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes” as Want to Read:
Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes

Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes

(Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #1-3)

Magic, monsters, and mayhem abound when Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase meet Carter and Sadie Kane for the first time. Weird creatures are appearing in unexpected places, and the demigods and magicians have to team up to take them down. As they battle with Celestial Bronze and glowing hieroglyphs, the four heroes find that they have a lot in common--and more power than th ...more
Published April 5th 2016 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Demigods & Magicians, please sign up.
Serena No spontaneous combustion, o.k.?
No spontaneous combustion, o.k.?
Heroes of Olympus was basically a year in five books. I don't think Apollo will be okay with being a mortal for a year let alone five of them and this series is called the Trials of Apollo, which poor Percy (and Nick and Will if he does!), Apollo is a bit much sometimes and a trial to deal with. I imagine the series title is going for a bit of irony too.(less)

Start your review of Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes
Jayson
(B+) 76% | Good
Notes: A clever but lazy convergence, like tee-ball bouts with subpar foes: less an epic battle than a playdate sharing of toys.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms  (Book.Enchantress)
4.5 Golden Stars

Attention: if you want to read this, you SHOULD read both The Kane Chronicles & Percy Jackson & the Olympians first.

these 3 short stories are about when because of some you might say unsolved matter (as I asked that in the end of the series, before I find there were short stories) in Kane chronicles, the Demigods (Percy & Annabeth) meet the Magicians (Carter & Sadie) & the worlds of Greek deities & Egyptian gods crossed for a brief amount of time.
it was fun, like all Riordan's bo
emi
Percy and Annabeth forever and always will be my OTP. That's all I really want to say.
Connor
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
Don't read this until after you've read The Kane Chronicles and both Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the Heroes of Olympus series because these take place after all of those books. I really enjoyed the stories though, and seeing the Kanes in action again was awesome! It makes me want to reread all of the Riordan's mythology books.
Jessica G
Oct 07, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This. Is. Going. To. Be. AWESOME.
There's this thing that Rick Riordan does that just makes your insides go squishy and you can't help but be excited for months for...his book releases!
There aren't many authors that are on my auto-buy list, but lets just say...HELLS YEAH RICK RIORDAN IS ON THAT LIST! Something would have to be MAJORLY wrong with me, to not IMMEDIATELY buy his book!
THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN A SIMPSONS/FUTURAMA CROSSOVER!!!!
Uncle Rick has done it again!
Ryan Buckby
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*side note* don't read this novella as the events of this take place after the events of, The Percy Jackson series, Heroes of Olympus series and The Kane Chronicles.

I really enjoyed this crossover between Percy, Annabeth, Sadie and Carter it was a nice meeting of characters and worlds colliding.

Short Story rating:

The Son of Sobek: 4/5
The Staff of Serapis: 4.5/5
The Crown of Ptolemy 5/5

I liked each of these stories especially the last one with the 4 working together and it was awesome t
Jules ♈  (witchyrover)
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: ★★★★ and 1/2 stars. Since this book is a combination of three stories, I made a sum out of each.

Friendly reminder that in order to understand this story, you need to read Percy Jackson Collection: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the Last Olympian, the Titans Curse, the Sea of Monsters, the Battle of the Labyrinth, the Demigod Files and the Red Pyramid first.

The Son of Sobek Review ★★★★ and 3/4
The Staff of Serapis Review ★★★ and 3/4
The Crown of Ptolemy Review ★★★★★

Rick R
Mariah
Hear me out. These companion books from Riordan are usually a solid 3 stars sort of situation.
But I do think this one went a step above.

And no. It's not just cause when I see words printed on a page that go like "sea green eyes and an orange t-shirt" make me grin like a lunatic. Promise.

Having finished The Serpent's Shadow the same day I read this, the fact that this crossover was set up carefully did not escape my notice.

The first story, The Son of Sobek, is the shortest, and it details the me
Darren Hagan
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**No spoilers**

A really great collection of 3 short stories and I thoroughly enjoyed each one. Seeing 4 loveable characters from 2 awesome series come together and combine their powers to save the world...incredible and funny. It left is kind of open ended like maybe they'll team up again in the future, which I would definitely love!!
Evan Quade
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three crossover short stories where Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase meet Carter and Sadie Kane. Two demigods and two magicians working together to fight enemies and other dangers lurking. As I have read all the books for Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus and The Kane Chronicles, having this collection was a hell of a treat to have more adventures with these beloved characters, especially Percy. I missed having Percy for a main character, even though he has been through a lot ...more
Lena
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2020
4 🌟

Rick Riordan never disappoints!
Umm.Itz.Jewel
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the crossovers!!!!!! :) Amazing,Rick Riodan is AMAZING!!!!:D
Natália Lopes
"Is your brother's name Carter?" Annabeth asked.
An angry golden aura flickered around Sadie's head-a halo of hieroglyphs that resembled frowns, fists, and dead stick men.
"As of this moment," Sadie growled, "My brother's name is Punching Bag.”

This was the crossover I was craving after reading The Kane Chronicles trilogy! I was so excited to have the Kane siblings back AND interacting with Percy and Annabeth! They really compliment each other and the dynamics here was just right and f
Danielle
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read this review and more on my blog.

Demigods And Magicians collects the three crossover novella between the Percy Jackson series and the Kane Chronicles.

Since these three novellas are so different I shall review them individually and then give my overall thoughts on this bind-up.

The Son Of Sobek

Carter Kane and Percy Jackson meet up in this first crossover novella. Being only 40 pages long, not as much detail goes into this as it probably should have but it had enough that it was worth while rea
Clara
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice addition to both the Percy Jackson series and the Kane Chronicles series, but I'd definitely recommend finishing the main books in BOTH series before moving onto this. Spoilers! They're vague enough that you might not realize all of them, but they're definitely there.

The plots of these three stories weren't the most interesting, but it was nice to see the main characters of the two series again and to see how they'd interact.
Sumbal Saba
OMG! ♡♡
Anniek
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really fun to see these characters meet, but the storylines lacked some suspense and originality.
Emily Ross
#1. The Son of Sobek

Ehhhhh I didn't massively enjoy this short story. I felt like it was really rushed, and it could have done with being a bit longer. I personally would have liked more interaction between Percy and Carter. It doesn't particularly make me want to read the Kane Chronicles though. I found most of the Egyptian Mythology stuff confusing and I don't want to have to research just to understand a children's book.

#2. The Staff of Serapis

I preferred The Son of Sobek, but that's not bec
talia [abookishravenclaw]
Friendly Reminder: Rick Riordan IS a god

This was a fantastic one-sitting read! If you're ready to get into a Riordan marathon (like I am), or have just read the Kane Chronicles and all the Percy Jackson books and need even more meaning to your life, read this.
This biggest thing that drew my eye in these three shorts was how Rick portrayed ADHD and dyslexia. I swear, it's hard to miss if you don't pay attention but he seamlessly integrates it into the storyline and it just makes things more perf
Ricky
I haven't been able to read these stories with the rest of the world because, as usually happens when an author puts out bonus e-book novellas, I'm forced to wait for a print compilation because I have no e-reader. It's worked out well for me on, say, The Bane Chronicles, or I Am Number Four: The Lost Files.

For some reason, I was never as big a fan of The Kane Chronicles as I was of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. But after reading these three crossover stories, I think I might have to reread t
Areej Chaudhary
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A mysterious magical disturbance draws Sadie and Carter Kane to New York City. That's when they meet a pair of kids like them; Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. Together they must use Greek and Egyptian forces to defeat Setne, a crazed sorcerer thirsty for immortality. Will they be able to work together and defeat him, or will they be one step behind and see their world crumble right before their eyes?

This book truly deserves 5 stars because of the in depth detail and great scenes-like the battl
Samsnerdylife
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I needed something light and fun with characters I love so I grabbed this off my TBR shelf. Carter, Sadie, Percy and Annabeth will always feel so real to me. I love the sass and commentary. I love the mythological aspects. Riordan is just one of my favorite go to authors. This got me wanting to read some of his newer works sooner rather than later.
Katniss The Electric Lunar Demigod
Nicci
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First up, I need to say that I started listening to this novella collection immediately after finishing the Kane Chronicles. The Kane Chronicles have amazingly talented narrators and therefore I was gutted to find out the narrator for these novellas was none other than Rick Riordan himself and while he didn't do a bad job - in that they were easy to listen to - he didn't do a great job either.
It was like being read a bedtime story by your dad... Soothing and nice but not what you'd expect of an
Jill booksandescape
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Demigods & Magicians by Rick Riordan is a collection of three novellas. These novellas are crossovers for the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the Kane Chronicles series. The stories included in this book are The Son of Sobek, The Staff of Serapis, and The Crown of Ptolemy.

It was so much fun to see Percy and Annabeth cross paths with Carter and Sadie. I hope we get more crossovers like these.
Snazzy Reads
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rick Riordan an Egyptian mythology are both awesome!
Reeya
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it’s really interesting how the two worlds collided and I thought it brings a cool twist in it and, well, I do like twists!
Einas Alhamali
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ahhh I've missed Percy's narration!
Jaroda Goddard
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Rick Riordan sure knows how to craft some really fun stories. There are no words that adequately express how good these stories were. I loved them! For a collection of only three short novellas, it really packs a punch! The Greek and Egyptian crossovers in this series were so well constructed. The fact that Riordan can take the old myths like the ones mentioned in this collection and make new stories featuring some of his already established characters never fail to amaze me. I always look forwa ...more

• The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Rick Riordan Presents Free Sampler
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Lore Olympus
  • The Immortal Fire (Cronus Chronicles, #3)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • Inner Beauty
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner, #2)

Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover (3 books)
  • The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
  • The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)
  • The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)