Start by marking “Changing Nature (The Immortal Descendants, #3)” as Want to Read:
Changing Nature (The Immortal Descendants, #3)

Changing Nature

(The Immortal Descendants #3)

Immortal Descendants are disappearing one by one, and seventeen-year-old Clocker Saira Elian is next on the list…

Saira and Archer’s London summer is carefree and romantic, until a brazen attempt to capture Saira looks suspiciously like the handiwork of the Descendants of War. When the kidnappings of other Descendants come to light and Mr. Shaw is taken for questioning unde
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 400 pages
Published January 20th 2015 by Corazon Entertainment

Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: April White Fans, Time Travel, Fantasy, Shifters, Vampires, Romance
4.5 Home is Where Your People Are Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
As I mentioned in updates... I am not a usual time travel, fantasy reader... I have in the past; was part of the Adult fan base of Harry Potter... so I can suspend my disbelief with the best of them. I just don't usually want to... except for April White's series of the Immortal Descendants. It is something I can not get enough of...

This is a series which has it all...an incredibly strong heroine who embodies intelligence, self assura
April White
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Psssssst. It's live.
April White
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amy
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely captivating! I was that lady who disappears into her reading nook for hours...no food...no interaction with the family. I was just lost in this world that April White has built...lost in it!
Saira is a total badass! I love her. I want to adopt her and be her and follow her and, yeah, good on you with the heroine creation, April White. With each book, she has gained new insight that perfectly matches the circumstances. I really like the fact that the author hasn't given he
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-favs
"Home is where yer people are". Indeed it is, and this book is where my people are. It is a wonderful thing to be able to return to these characters and the amazing world April White has created.

Changing Nature takes place about a month after Tempting Fate concludes. We see the continuing riff between families of the Immortal Descendants and this time we are taken to medieval Paris. The amount of research in this series is one of my favorite things about them. We really are taken to medieval Pa
Becca
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm always impressed by the historical ties April creates within her books. This book is no exception, it's intriguing and so very endearing at times. To portray something which took place hundreds of years ago in a way for readers to grasp in a fictional setting is an impressive feat. I love Saira and Archer's adventures through the dark and messy 1400-1500s. Oh and the secondary characters are so wonderful, I want to know more about what happens to them all. Once again I loved another April Wh ...more
Grahame
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm reeling from this book. April White paints such vivid imagery that I feel like I've experienced the world of the Immortal Descendants right along with them. She has made me fall in love with all the characters, even the new ones that she introduces in this book. As always, I'm amazed at the history and how it weaves through the story. This series has me interested in the past again, eager to learn more about what's in these books.
This adventure takes us back to the 1400s. It is not an easy j
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I'm not sure where to start. Changing Nature was bursting with action and so much battle techniques/scenes that I felt lost in them. These scenes contained the technical descriptions that allow you to visualize the action and were sprinkled with the emotions and reactions of the characters so you felt it too.
The first novel in the series was all about the groundwork: setting the scene, falling in love with the characters, learning the ins and out of the Immortal Descendants, and discoverin
Kara-karina
4.5/5
Like all books by April White, Changing Nature rocked my socks. The closest comparison I can come up with for this paranormal fantasy is Deborah Harkness' trilogy, although the witches here are replaced by Immortal Descendants with various talents.

Saira is a Clocker, a time traveller, and at just under 18-years of age she's already managed to stop Jack The Ripper in Victorian London and save Elizabeth Tudor from the executioner's axe - all in a pursuit of a villain bent on splitting the tim
Laura O'Connor
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic as always! So many feels! So many things happen! So much clocking and past altering, my brain hurts (in a good way)!
What did I love, hmm. *Spoilers*
I loved when Saira clocked back to visit her father. That was a sweet moment and tied back perfectly to marking time.
The new skills and creatures, like Saira's newest hmm hmm skill and the other world creature thing.
Saira and Archer's love story, of course!
Oh and these historical, partly fictional creepy characters like Bluebeard. *shu
Dawn
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joan of Fricking Arc? Seriously? It is amazing the way April White takes the historical characters, strips them down to what they could have been like in their every day life and inserts Saira and Ringo and Archer into their mundane activities.

Another well written book with number three in the Immortal Descendants series. I loved book one, Marking Time. I adored book two, Tempting Fate. Book three is my FAVORITE so far!

There is a surprise with the awful Bishop Wilder and very well written scen
Julie C
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only thing I didn't like about this book is that I'm done and now I have to wait for the next book to be published. I think this book might actually have been even better than the first two, if that's possible. I just can't get enough of this series!
Amber Andrews
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changing Nature by April White is remarkable! Give it a try. ta-da! the end..

I love the characters, having also read the first two, and was able to jump back in where Tempting Fate left off.

I love that Saira is a proper 17 year old with her life and frustrations, aside that she has mostly raised herself since her Clocker mother would be MIA at times. I love that she gets angry and loves honestly without it going angsty and dark. This is a series that I want to go on forever, I want to see how t
Jackie Spade
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've officially read all three books currently in this series. I could go into a long, drawn out spiel complimenting this book and such, but I'm not. because this book doesn't deserve it. No, it needs much more than kind words and compliments. This book needs to be read by all!! By far, Changing Nature is my favorite of the series to date, and I loved every moment of reading. Once again we are drawn back in time, this time it's 1429 in Paris. We tag along for a few funny moments where language b ...more
Laurajoyl
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Thank you April White for another wonderful book! I loved seeing the characters and relationships develop and see this amazing story continues. My favorite part is how much you weaved history with your story- those are my favorite types of books!!
Denise
Annika
A great mixture of adventure, friendship and love, battled over the course of history. This series is a must read for everyone looking for a great time, it has it all, twisted plot, great characters and you never want to stop reading. If you haven’t started this series yet, do it now, you won’t be disappointed!

After nearly being beheaded in the Tower of London (Tempting Fate) in 1554, Saira hopes for a calm summer together with Archer – in the present of course. But say the happiness that lasts…
Jess the Audiobookworm
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25★ Audiobook ⎮ This installment didn't do as much for me as I was hoping. Unfortunately, either the story or my interest seems to have a hit a mid-series slump (which happens sometimes, on both accounts). Overall, this is still an incredibly fun series that incorporates several fantastical elements into one story. This installment was extremely action-packed and spent more time at the Elian Manor, which I appreciated as it was something I was wanting in the last installment. I still really li ...more
Vicki Khouli
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had already grown attached to the free runners and tight-knit group of friends, introduced in the first two books of the Immortal Descendants series. Although the plot line is dark, and there is violence (and war and death), there are enough snarky, light-hearted moments to carry me through. I love books that explore relationships, and where I feel that I fit right into the story. This series gives me that. It reminds me a little of other YA series like "Vampire Academy/Bloodlines" or even "Ha ...more
Tonya Hodgson
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please don't look at this 4 star review and put off reading this great book!! It's totally me. I just don't give that many books 5 stars.

This is a great installment of the Immortal Descendants series. Saira, Archer and my personal favorite Ringo are once again traveling through time to put right what once went wrong. I love that April White puts real history in these stories (even if she rearranges the dates to better fit the story). I enjoyed getting to know Connor better. He is one spunky alp
Dayte
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my I didn't want this book to end. The adventures they went on were exciting, sit on the edge of your seat and what's going to happen next. I really hope the next book comes out sometime soon. I need to know what happens with saira and archer's relationship. Also how Ringo and Charlie get back to each other. I have to say this series has definitely been a different style of paranormal /immortal series. I love that it is not like all of the rest with the typical vampires, werewolves, witches a ...more
Sanau
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 of the series....and well, love, love, LOVEEE the book and the series. In AWE with the author for being unconventional and keeping us engaged through out the book, and kept us yearning for more once we finished it! This book will touch all your emotions, as it has history, mystery, humor, romance, sadness, action, friendship, and a LOT of enlightenment, with the secrets still kept. Read the book and fall in love with it....

Thank you April...waiting for the next book in series ...Waging Wa
Catherine
I've read this series 3 times as I love the books so much. Now in book 3 I feel like the characters are part of my life as they are so real to me. Saira has become my favourite heroine in any book series as she is just so cool and kick ass. I desperately want to be part of her gang. As with the other books the storyline is fast paced, action filled and based on a time travel adventure. I hear there is another 2 books on their way and I just can't wait! I cannot recommend this series enough.
Bren Finn
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More enjoyable plot lines and characters.

I have just finished reading the Immortal Descendants series for the second time. As each book progresses through the absorbing plot lines, so do the characters grow and develop. I constantly find myself imagining scenes turned into film, and I dearly hope some producer somewhere is reading these books and doing the same. Book 4 cannot come too soon.
Se
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
This book meant I got very little sleep from beginning to end, simply because I couldn't put it down.
Saira, Archer, Ringo and co keep you hooked throughout, not just because of the situations they end up in, but because they are so real in the world April White has created.
The only downside to this series, is having to wait for the next book- though I guess I can sleep now...
Michelle Dillon
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A masterpiece of writing

I can not say enough about April white. She is a master storyteller. Anyone who has read Harry potter will be absolutely thrilled to have found another writer who in my estimation is equally as gifted as j.k. Rowling. I anxiously await the next book. I also hope someone she's what good movies these books would make.
Faye
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I certainly enjoyed these first 3 books in this series. Wish I had the time to read faster, but I did finally get thru them! The main characters are quite lovable. Their adventures were action packed, and usually ended with the outcomes you hoped for. Thank you for the thrill rides Miss April White!
Jodi-Lou
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic..... Enough said
Samantha Glass
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
April White has done it again. I loved this historical adventure and can't wait to see where we go next. Truly the family you make/choose yourself determine where your home and heart are.
A Million More Pages: 3 - Changing Nature (Immortal Descendants): Aug 10 13 10 Aug 22, 2015 09:58AM
  • The Darkling Wind
  • Once Upon a Caveman
  • The Widow Vanishes (Heart of Enquiry, #0.5)
  • Dragons & Dirigibles (Gaslight Chronicles, #7)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)
  • The Takeover (Unbounded #5)
  • Mercer Street (American Journey, #2)
  • Luffs (Transcendence, #1.5)
  • Hide in Time
  • The End of Days (Light, #3)
  • Reckoning (Dark Prophecy, #1)
  • Immutable (Ripple, #5)
  • On a Clear Winter Night (Irin Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Love Beyond Measure (Morna's Legacy, #4)
  • Take Two (Modern Love Story, #2.5)
APRIL WHITE has been a film producer, private investigator, bouncer, teacher and screenwriter. She has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a shipwreck, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. She and her husband share their home in Southern California with two extraordinary boys, their dog, various chickens, and a lifetime collection of books.

Book one in the Immortal Descendants series is the 2016

The Immortal Descendants (5 books)
  • Marking Time (The Immortal Descendants, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The Immortal Descendants, #2)
  • Waging War (The Immortal Descendants, #4)
  • Cheating Death (The Immortal Descendants, #5)
“Live your life as if everyone will discover what you do and who you are. If no one holds your secrets, there’s nothing to compel you to male choices that are not your own.” 3 likes
“Is there such a thing as a perfect match?”

“If one strives for perfection in and itself, then, no. But if one strives only to find the piece that compliments, that stands nobly alone, yet is made better with companionship, then yes, I believe a match is possible.”
3 likes