Start by marking “Daring In a Blue Dress (Ainslie Brothers #3)” as Want to Read:
Daring In a Blue Dress (Ainslie Brothers #3)

(Ainslie Brothers #3)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  455 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Chivalry is far from dead in the third novel in the “gut-wrenchingly funny”* Matchmaker in Wonderland Romance series.

Published June 7th 2016 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Daring In a Blue Dress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daring In a Blue Dress

Irena
May 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
2,5 stars.

When it comes to this book, I really, truly believe it is one of those „It’s not you, it’s me“ cases.
You see, there are so many aspects to this story that I believe other people would enjoy, but when it comes to me, I just couldn’t bring myself to like it, even though I wanted to.
In fact, reading this book made want to DNF it, and it made me regret my decision about not DNFing books that I read for review.
But I’ll give it that one – it made me see how making that decision wasn’t the sm
Jacob Proffitt
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, romance, steamy
This is third in a series. You don't need to read the others before reading this one, though it probably helps. Personally, I recommend doing so if only so you'll have a better idea what to expect. Because this book has many of the same aspect as the others.

So yeah. I'm finding that Katie MacAlister has a, well, call it style? At least in this series, the story leans towards the silly. The main couple tends to have misreads caused by the silly. But the banter is typically fun and the settings ar
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Cheeky silly fun! It's hard not to have fun with a book from MacAlister and so was the case of Daring in a Blue Dress. Witty, endearing characters, endless humor, a little mystery and adventure.

The gist of it is that Alden has bought himself an old estate with the intent of flipping it. He's gonna get in, get things fixed up and he's out. Simple! Ahhh if only his house wasn't trying to commit suicide and take him down in the process. And it didn't co
Mariana
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is the third book in the series, and every one has made me smile. The series is set in England around a group of Ainslie siblings, some who were born to their noble parents and some who were adopted from around the world. The first book is about the oldest who inherited the title from his birth parents. The second is about the second oldest who was adopted. This book is about the fourth oldest son Alden who was also adopted. Each of the heroines coincidentally (or not) also know ea
Stephanie
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DARING IN A BLUE DRESS by Katie MacAlister: More Charming

I liked this entry in this contemporary England-based series much better than the last one I read in the series, A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S ROMP. I was turned off in that particular book by a stupid detail that obviously went unnoticed in editing. Silly little details can often ruin a book for me.

DARING IN A BLUE DRESS (Blue Dress, Blue Dress, Devil with a Blue,…) is a bit of a farce: based on the ridiculou
DemetraP
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
I got so bored with this book. The heroine's summer job fell through so a stranger on a train suggests she take her job so she can run off and live with her boyfriend. So the heroine takes the job. Umm...ok.

The hero is such a beta male that I couldn't respect him. He buys a house and the condition is the owner gets to live in the gate house for as long as she lives. Seems simple. Well, she doesn't want to live in the gate house and basically tells him to make her.

She is an old lady so he says w
Jeanne Adamek
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Funny, sometimes quite ridiculous story that was great reading, for me, at this time! The story was definitely "light", but still in its way memorable.

This book was the third in a series. I am planning on reading the first two--not because I feel like I was missing something in this story (which could be read as a stand alone) but because I want to see if the author had the same ridiculous uniqueness in the other two books this novel had.

Oh, and a fourth book in this series is coming out.
MB (What she read)
That was way too silly. I think I lost some brain cells. Not surprising, since the main characters seemed to be running way low themselves.

Also, I believe there may have been a chapter worth of plot missing towards the end? (view spoiler)
Kirsten
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun and sexy mystery series! Though, I did not care much for the couple in book #2, the author is back on form with the couple in this addition to the light-hearted series.

There is conflict but no angst, even the suspense is like something out of a Scooby-Doo cartoon. However, the laughs and the sexy bits more than make up for it. Such fun! Can hardly wait for book #4 to be released.
Jody
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Humorous
Opinionated and Brutally Honest Reviews
This just wasn't for me. It was very well written but I kept thinking of it as historical and I'm just not into that. It wasn't even because of the medieval fair going on. It was because of what is said in conversation between Alden and Mercy. That and the law. How could the law not be on Alden's side? The reasoning behind that leans more historical than modern.
They were way too naive. Especially Alden.
How can he think the house just hates him?
Mercy...I hate women in books who are too caught
Kathy Bryson
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read Perils of Pauline, then went back and binged the whole Matchmaker in Wonderland series to date. They're that good!

In this 3rd installment, Mercy finds unexpected employment with a group of medieval warriors and a painfully shy man who is alternately grateful and embarrassed by the support she can give him. As usual, MacAlister's rich character descriptions make these personalities believable instead of cliche or cloying. The the resolution to the underlying mystery is plausible if not bui
OpenBookSociety.com
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: andra

A Matchmaker In Wonderland, Book #3
By Katie MacAlister
ISBN: 9781101990667
Author’s Website: http://www.katiemacalister.com/
Review brought to you by OBS reviewer

Synopsis:

Stranded in England without money or a ticket home, Mercy Starling takes a job working for a medieval re-enactment company. After all, who wouldn’t want to pretend to live in the past, wield swords and long bows, and dress up in armor? And the best part of her summer
Andra Weis

Synopsis:

Kathy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, romance-beta
2.5 stars. A few plot points were weird and not really wrapped up...
Sandra
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bastante inesperado y divertido, me gusta está serie hasta ahora muy buena, excelente escritora!!
Broughps
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
While I love the humor in Katie MacAlister's books I'm so flipping tired of slutty women. No more K.A. books for me.
Elizabeth
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
AS pretty much always, I really enjoyed this Katie MAcAlister book! I love when characters from previous novels reappear! Now I need to Re-read some of them!
Zel Polev

I found Daring In A Blue Dress to be:
Me In A Book Form
Hysterical
Cute

DESPITE OWNING THE OTHER TWO BOOKS IN THE MATCHMAKER IN WONDERLAND SERIES, I HADN'T READ THEM YET.

I am a hesitant contemporary reader. It takes a lot for them to capture my interest and to keep me from wondering away bored or storming away angry. When it came time for the Mobile Minions Street Team to read and review Daring In A Blue Dress, I knew it was finally time for me to read this series.

WHEN I STARTED READING DARING IN A
Mary McCormick
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The painfully shy Alden Ainslie buys Bestwood Hall that is in bad shape, which he is planning on renovating. It also comes with Lady Sybilla the widow of the Hall’s owner, that he must allow her to stay for the duration of her life. Mercedes (Mercy) Starling has been a perpetual student at universities but never seeming to graduate. She has been stranded in England without money or a ticket home after the job she had accepted didn’t need her at the present time. Mercy Starling takes a job workin ...more
Deana
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Knights in shining armor, archery, a beautiful house in need of repair, and a mystery that could turn deadly are just part of the fun in Katie MacAlister’s new novel Daring in a Blue Dress. The third book in the Matchmaker in Wonderland series is sure to delight you as you fly through the pages. Alden Ainslie is a painfully shy scholar who would rather be in a classroom than anywhere else. Yet his school funds have dried up and he needs to find a way to make some money. A friend suggests that he ...more
Elizabeth
This review was written by Marie for a guest review post on Ever After Book Reviews blog:

5 Stars

These books are always so much fun! I love the characters, the plot, the romance…they come to life off the pages and always take you on such wonderful adventures.

The third book in this series, Daring in a Blue Dress, brings back the always charming Ainslie brothers. This one focuses on Alden. A shy, reserved man who isn’t really keen to the idea of being paired off by his sister-in-law. So, he throws
Sharon Tyler
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Daring in a Blue Dress by Katie MacAlister is a contemporary romance that is part of the Matchmaker in Wonderland or Ainsle Brothers series. the first book in the series was The Importance of Being Alice which was great fun. The series is tied together by the family of the main players, but each can also be enjoyed on their own.

Stranded in England without money or a ticket home, Mercy Starling takes a job working for a medieval reenactment company. After all, who wouldn't want to pretend to live
Francine
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found Daring in a Blue Dress absolutely delightful. I loved the characters and the fast dialogue and action. There was never a dull moment. I loved that I got to see characters from A Hard Day's Knight and solve a mystery while watching two admirable people fall in love. I particularly enjoyed the twist. It was a great story and I am anticipating the next installment of the Ainslie family. Happy Reading!

Alden Ainslie spent his very last cent to purchase a house, but not just any house a histor
Krissys
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
Stranded in England without money or a ticket home, Mercy Starling takes a job working for a medieval reenactment company. After all, who wouldn’t want to pretend to live in the past, wield swords and long bows, and dress up in armor? And the best part of her summer job is Bestwood Hall...or rather, its intriguing new owner.

The painfully shy Alden Ainslie is overwhelmed by the medieval reenactors who invade the Tudor house he’s renovating, but he’s drawn to the bubbly Mercy. And he valiantly joi
Hilary
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
All the right elements--excellent banter, a goofy plot, medieval reenactors--but it ended up being pretty dull. It was so predictable it was almost hard to finish, and there was virtually no tension. I did think the heroine was adorable, though. Kind of meh overall.
Barb Lie
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Daring in a Blue Dress by Katie MacAlister is the 3rd book in her Matchmaker in Wonderland series. I did not read the first two books in this series, but this did read well as a standalone. Daring in a Blue Dress belongs to Alden Ainslie, the shy brother. Alden does his best to avoid his match maker sister in law, who is trying to set him up with a woman in hopes of marring him off.

Alden decides to purchase a rundown mansion, Bestwood Hall, in order to have his own home and escape his family in
Katherine Bacher
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The best of the "Matchmaker in Wonderland" series so far, although Gunnar (Book 2) is still really fun to read about. I LOVED this couple and found their dynamic hilarious! It was fun to see the Hard Day's Knights return from Katie MacAlister's "Hard Day's Knight" contemporary, and I loved the idea of Alden having severe anxiety dealing with (literally running away from) talking to women.

Mercy was fun, had that KM quirk and gumption that we've come to expect from a KM novel, but I don't like the
book review 1 2 Jul 04, 2016 07:22AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 04, 2016 11:01AM
  • Completing the Pass (Santa Fe Bobcats, #5)
  • Unforgettable (Country Roads, #4)
  • Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys, #1)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • The Dark Vampire (Last True Vampire, #3)
  • Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24)
  • Dream Bound (Dream Catchers #1)
  • Maxen (Kinky Shine, #2)
  • When the Saints Go Marching in: An Adam Saint Novel
  • They Wear WHAT Under Their Kilts? (Emily, #2)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Doorstep Twins
  • Wanderlust
  • Spirit House
  • Vik (Shot Callers, #2)
  • The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles, #2)
  • One Texas Cowboy Too Many (Burnt Boot, Texas, #3)
  • Invincible (Benedict Brothers, #2)
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty dialo ...more

Ainslie Brothers (4 books)
  • The Importance of Being Alice (Ainslie Brothers, #1)
  • A Midsummer Night's Romp (Ainslie Brothers, #2)
  • The Perils of Paulie (Ainslie Brothers #4)
“Unexpected Penis is my grunge band name,” 0 likes