Start by marking “A Bee In Her Bonnet (The Honeybee Sisters #2)” as Want to Read:
A Bee In Her Bonnet (The Honeybee Sisters #2)

A Bee In Her Bonnet

(The Honeybee Sisters #2)

Their bees produce the most delectable honey in all of Wisconsin. And the three Christner girls are fondly known as The Honeybee Sisters throughout their peaceful Amish community--where their spirited sweetness is attracting any number of hopeful suitors. . .

Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published July 26th 2016 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about A Bee In Her Bonnet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bee In Her Bonnet

Rachel
~See my review of the whole series here on my blog: http://smilingbookreviews.blogspot.co...

This is the first time I have read anything by this author and let me tell you - she is funny!  I laughed out loud quite a bit while reading (and listening to**) these books.   The way she words things can be quite humorous.   And the character of Aunt B and the way the author portrays the cats is too funny.   Aunt B is fiercely protective of her girls and hilariously eccentric.  I love Aunt B!  :)

Then th
Tina Watson
The Honeybee Sisters series may not be your typical Amish story, but the characters sure do come to life. What the characters experience IS real and human. If you like humor and wit, you won't be disappointed with this second book the series, "A Bee In Her Bonnet", for I felt there was more humor this time.

"A Bee In Her Bonnet" is Poppy Christner's story. Poppy is the middle sister of the three young Honeybee Sisters, who lives with their non-typical aunt Bitsy in Wisconsin. Poppy is the most i
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A BEE IN HER BONNET is the second book in this series. This is Poppy's story. Poppy is the tomboy of the bunch and Luke is a boy she beat up several times when they were in school. When he comes upon Poppy with her fingers stuck in the window of a moving car, he is quick to step to Poppy's rescue with a crowbar, but is Poppy grateful? Oh, no. She's mad.

Poppy does have a broken hand, and Luke wants to be nice and help her out with her chores, so he keeps coming around. But with Poppy's temper an
Karla
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I have to admit, Jennifer Beckstrand is one of my "go to" authors when I wish to read something lighthearted, amusing, but also full of meaning. Her warm and witty style just fills me with joy and satisfaction, as I read about her unique characters in their rather fumbling lives. The covers of these books attracted my attention right away. Bright and different!!

Jennifer writes of three sisters being raised by their aunt in Wisconsin. The characters are realistically and so well described, that
Maureen Timerman
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
We are back with the Honeybee Sister, Lily, Rose and Poppy, and of course Aunt B, and this Amish community in Wisconsin. There is still an evil person or persons who are tormenting the Christner family, with writing cruel words, tipping beehives, destroying chicken coops. The last brings Luke Bontrager, a neighbor, to help them, and although they have know each other most of their lives, does he even like Poppy?
Poppy insists on being a strong woman, and with many in the community that is her do
Cathy Cermele
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second installment of the Honeybee Sisters series and it’s just as delightful as the first book, Sweet as Honey. I am loving Aunt B! She definitely has a mind of her own and is a bit of a rebel, but in a good way! Other than her inclination to wear big earrings, color her hair and the occasional tattoo (temporary ones) she is raising the Christner sisters to be fine young Amish ladies. It makes perfect sense once you read the books, which I highly recommend you do.

There is still an u
Angela
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two in The Honeybee Sisters series is a fun read! Poppy has always been headstrong, hard-working, and no-nonsense. She displays a tough exterior that hides any emotion that men might construe as weak. So heaven help Luke when he puts his foot in his mouth, being chauvinistic without even realizing it. Poppy wishes Luke would stop trying to “rescue” her … and when he finally looks at her as an equal, it changes everything.

I adore Beckstrand’s Amish tales. They are well-written, entertaining
Clare O'Beara
I found this romance book very enjoyable. We follow the youngest of three beekeeping Amish sisters as she tries to find out who has been vandalising their farm. Poppy is determined but quite young so she doesn't always get things right and she is sure that she doesn't need help. A lad from her school class who would like to help, also has a saintly young woman interested in him, providing a nice contrast. The beekeepers are too tomboyish, donning trousers to work with beehives while living as in ...more
Ann Green
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely zany ride with Beckstand's characters taking on a life of their own in bee country. With a book this funny and with so many plot twists, real life takes a back seat to the farm setting and small town where The Honeybee Sisters live! In particular as this is "her story", Poppy Christner is a tomboy with a good heart, but gets involved in an unbelievable amount of drama. The resolution of this drama with a chance at true love is literally a dream come true for Poppy and the reader.
Kitty
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new series that has quickly become my favorite by Jennifer Beckstrand.
A great read that will keep you turning the pages and did I mention some weird names for the cats?
This made me laugh aloud and brightened my day!
I especially love Aunt Bitsy because she's a bit on the eccentric side but a cool aunt nevertheless.
I recommend this book because Jennifer is an awesome author and will leave you wanting more of her books!!
I received this book for free and in no way required to review this book.
Ann
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do like me an occasional Amish romance. Quick read, easy to take in. And it's interesting to learn a little more about the Amish (although I am not sure how accurate the depictions are in a novel.) And in the case of this series of books, learning about beeking.

Lily, Poppy, and Rose have lived with their aunt since their parents died. Aunt B is trying hard to raise the girls in the Amish faith despite her worldly ways;

Each book is one of the girl's stories of falling in love. You don't miss
Gail
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great read

Love these stories - good and clean - love the characters and how they work together and overcome weaknesses - now I am curious to know who is causing their problems on their farm. One more book to go to find out how this all ends. Will be sad to see this series end.
Rebamom7
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author. I will read anything she chooses to write. Each time I read one of her books, I think "this is the best one she's ever written", but this time, it really is. I laughed, I cried, I had goosebumps, I enjoyed every word of the enjoyable ride. This book touched me to the bottom of my wee little soul!
Vicki
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoying this trilogy. It has a few corny things in it but nothing that would keep me from reading 📚 and enjoying them. I recommend these to all Christian readers and Amish loving readers!
Vikki Vaught
Sorry but this book just did not sit well with me at all. I detested both main characters and could not see them having a lasting relationship. Happy reading/listening!
Josephine
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was sweet, I loved the first book more.
Blessed247
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun continuation of the Honeybee Schwesters' story. Can't wait to read the third book--we'll finally find out who's bothering them so terribly!
Kathy
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd in The Honeybee Sisters, this is Poppy’s story. I loved it and read it in one sitting.
Sarah Adamson
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-d, romance
Second in the honeybee sister series. Another very enjoyable Amish romance read. Love the aunt so much!
Teresa Scott
I didn't care for this one as much as I did book two. The story was too drawn out and could have been a better story if shortened by about 100 pages.
Maria
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second in the series and I enjoyed it just as much as the first.
Julia
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Bee In Her Bonnet by Jennifer Beckstrand is book two in the Honeybee Sisters series and I absolutely adored it. It can be read as a stand-alone but for maximum enjoyment, I recommend reading the books in order.
Jennifer Beckstrand has created an absolutely delightful Amish series that I just cannot get enough of. It is wonderful to continue the story of the three Honeybee Sisters, their unconventional Aunt B and their two cats - Farrah Fawcett and Billy Idol.
This novel focuses on the feisty Pop
Dianne
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading a good story with little conflict, love, and fun. Anytime a story gets me to laugh at something one if the characters do, I rate it as avoid read. Poppy and Luke keep you going.
Silver James
A Bee In Her Bonnet (The Honeybee Sisters #2) by Jennifer Beckstrand A sweet, Amish romance with a heroine who finds her inner strength.
Kristina
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Bee in Her Bonnet by Jennifer Beckstrand is the second book in The Honeybee Sisters trilogy. Poppy Christner is not like other Amish young women. Poppy is headstrong, independent, stubborn, determined (she acts before she thinks) and you get the picture. She wants to prove that she can do the same things as men (despite her continual bruises, cuts, and broken bones) and does not need the help of a man. Luke Bontranger is a local carpenter and neighbor. Luke is always trying to help Poppy and p ...more
Mary Gramlich
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poppy Christner is a lively, adventuresome, woman who knows her own mind, heart, and faith. She has always defended her sisters and the amazing, but unconventional aunt that raised her. While she keeps her independence, she does so knowing that the risk of being a maiden woman is always on the forefront as most Amish men don’t really want a wife with an opinion of their own. Luke Bontrager is the perfect example of an Amish man looking for a woman to know her place and live under his protection ...more
Wendy
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Their bees produce the most delectable honey in all of Wisconsin. and the three Christner girls are fondly known as The Honeybee Sister throughout their peaceful Amish community--where their spirited sweetness is attracting any number of hopeful suitors...

Lively, determined, and independent, Poppy Christner isn't about to let some vandal keep making mischief on her family's farm. She's been outrunning boys and standing up for picked-on children ever since she wa a girl--no
Glenda Parker
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in The Honeybee Sisters Series. I love Jennifer's stories and was thrilled to get this one. This book is well written, humorous, and heartwarming. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. The characters are people you will fall in love with, at least most of them. You will love this book.
Poppy Christner is the tomboy of the Honeybee sisters. She feels it's her job to protect her sister which was very difficult when they were growing up. Poppy had hit several of th
Goodreads Librari...: Errors in Title, Author, Links 2 16 Oct 28, 2016 07:00PM

• A Wedding at the Orange Blossom Inn (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #3)
  • Meek and Mild (Amish Turns of Time #2)
  • An Amish Garden
  • A Love Undone: An Amish Novel of Shattered Dreams and God's Unfailing Grace
  • The Beloved Hope Chest (Amish Heirloom, #4)
  • The Amish Midwife (Lancaster Courtships, #3)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Ours for a Season
  • The Amish Firefighter
  • The Amish Widower
  • Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge, #2)
Jennifer Beckstrand is the RITA-nominated, award-winning Amish romance author of The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series and The Honeybee Sisters series for Kensington Books. Huckleberry Summer was nominated for the RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Award and the 2015 RITA® Award, and Huckleberry Hill won the 2014 LIME Award for Inspirational fiction. Both Huckleberry Hill and Huckleberry Chris ...more

The Honeybee Sisters (3 books)
  • Sweet as Honey (The Honeybee Sisters #1)
  • Like a Bee to Honey (The Honeybee Sisters #3)