Start by marking “Supergirl at Super Hero High” as Want to Read:
Supergirl at Super Hero High

Supergirl at Super Hero High

(DC Super Hero Girls #2)

Get your cape on with the DC Super Hero Girls™—the unprecedented new Super Hero universe especially for girls! Readers of all ages can fly high with the all-new adventures of Wonder Woman™, Supergirl™, Batgirl™, and some of the world’s most iconic female super heroes as high schoolers!

Supergirl is the new girl in school—and she just also happens to be the most powerful tee
Published July 5th 2016 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Supergirl at Super Hero High, please sign up.
Michael A. Probably you are asking how to get the book, since you writing the question proves you know how to read. Go to either Amazon or a bookstore and buy…moreProbably you are asking how to get the book, since you writing the question proves you know how to read. Go to either Amazon or a bookstore and buy the book there. While Goodreads may send you a monthly list of suggested books, they do not sell them or set you up to read them on your computer. (less)

Samantha
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Supergirl may have great powers, but she has no clue how to control them. Not to mention, she’s the new girl at a school for incredible superheroes who have skills beyond belief. When mysterious happenings occur at her school, she will have to find her confidence, trust her friends, and get ready to defend the planet she’s learning to love.

What I Loved:

The premise of this series is fantastic. Readers will love seeing some of their favorites as high-schoolers nervous about school projects and try
Nicole Hewitt
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This book is SO much fun, and it’s perfect for MG and early YA readers. My daughter and I both read this one and both thoroughly enjoyed it. It provides lots of super hero action but also has a sweet message about believing in yourself. I highly recommend this for MG readers!

This is the second book in the DC Super Hero Girls Series, but it can definitely be read alone (neither my daughter nor I had read the first one a
Mehsi
The second book in the DC Super Hero Girls and this time our main lead girl is Supergirl.

I was really eager to read this one, Supergirl is just amazing, and I couldn't wait to see her in this version.

The book starts off with before-Super Hero High, it all starts with Supergirl's/Kara's planet exploding, and her losing her parents. She is shot off to Earth, only due to some stuff she doesn't arrive the same time as someone else does. It was fun to see where she landed, and to see the Kent famil
Ms. Yingling
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Copy provided by publisher

When the planet Krypton is in danger of exploding, Kara Zor-El's parents put her in an escape craft and send her to earth. She ends up living with the Kents, although Clark is a good ten years older due to variances in the time-space continuum. While the Kents are very nice to her, she feels that she should probably go to school somewhere else, and Korugar Academy. She also is a fan of Wonder Woman, so she's okay with going to Super Hero High. When she arrives, however
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! I originally read Harley Quinn at Super Hero High first not knowing that it was the fifth book in this series. Now I have been reading the rest in order. I look forward to diving into the next book!
Elizabeth Feeney
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Supergirl at Super Hero High Review
By: Elizabeth

Summary

Lisa Yee shares an unforgetting, actionpacked, science-fiction novel in Supergirl at Super Hero High, which is the second book in the series. After Kara’s (Supergirl) planet blew up, her parents passed away with the planet. Before her parents had died, Kara got sent of on a spacecraft, watching not only her parents and planet explode, but everyone who was on it. Kara and her cousin Clark were the only survivors. But when Kara’s ship got kn
Sharla Hanson
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars, really liked it. I always wish we could do half ratings tho, i would do 4 and 1/2. This book is more for younger kids than adults.
Lydia Rosselló
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Soy una loca de Supergirl, me gusta tener y leerme todas las cosas: sigo la serie, los comics de grapa... Cuando vi que Lisa Yee escribía un libro de las super heroínas que participan en la serie de animación Super Hero High pensé que sería una experiencia diferente de ver a Supergirl.
El libro empieza cuando Supergirl llega a la tierra y sus tíos la mandan al colegio de "supers" para que aprenda a utilizar sus poderes que están descontrolados. Kara aquí es representada como una chica torpe en t
Johanna
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was actually a lot better than I expected it to be. It managed to be cute and funny without getting too cheesy or corny.
It is, as others have already said here, an excellent introduction to the DC world for younger readers. And for those already familiar with DC a pleasant, light-hearted read full of fun references.
Also this book more than passes the Bechdel test and I think this is rare enough in books marketted at young girl like this one that it's worth noticing. In fact there is litte
Brianna
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Supergirl at superhero high is a really really good book. It talks about how Super Girl came to earth about 20 years after smaller cousin Superman. It’s in shows how she becomes a superhero and how she goes in joins a superhero high school. It was the same high school her cousin went to. All other sorts of superheroes were their including wonder woman, the flash, beast boy, and batgirl and so many others. Shows how she doesn’t really feel like she fits in with the rest because she has different ...more
Alex Shrugged
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is aimed at a middle school audience and from what I remember of middle school, it works. In fact it fits in real well. However, I am an adult, so I was not entirely entranced. I was also not bored, so for this type of book, that is a big plus.

Any problems? Well... one error in fact. One of the characters muses that Switzerland has no army. If that is so, where did the Swiss Army Knife come from? In fact, the Swiss Armed Forces are part of NATO though they operate only within Switzerla
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Read aloud with my daughter. I think it's a cool concept in that it provides a different entry point to the DC Superhero universe, and that it shines the spotlight on the girl heroes in a formative period of time that allows kids to relate to them in that way. I thought the backstory catch up was pretty decent, and the ties to other stories. What I didn't like was the actual reading experience, as an adult - the plot meandered and got repetitive, a few plot points were super obvious and loudly t ...more
Jill Jemmett
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It’s the second in the series.

Supergirl arrives at Super Hero High in this story. She has recently arrived on Earth, so everything is new to her, including her powers.

The students at Super Hero High have to figure out who is trying to break into a room called the Boom Tubes at the school. The Boom Tubes are portals to anywhere in the galaxy that you could travel to. I think it was obvious from the beginning who was trying to break into the room. That person was very suspicio
Shannon Renee
May 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was much more difficult for me to finish reading. Maybe Supergirl isn't my cup of tea or the enormous whineing and moaning and self-doubt absolutely sucked all the enjoyment from this book for me. I still want to finish this series, but I hope the next one isn't as hard for me to get into.

Melissapalmer404
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book #10 Read in 2017
Supergirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee

This is the second book in a cute series that would be perfect for middle school girls. In this book, Supergirl heads to Super Hero High to learn how to control her powers. She of course joins the others in saving their city and beating the bad guys. These are cute, good reads. I borrowed this book from the public library.
Meghan
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the 2nd book in the series. Supergirl feels extremely out of place at a new school, something I think most kids can relate to. She doubts herself which causes her to make mistakes. She makes friends with Barbara Gordon who helps her to believe in herself and to slow down.
Kathie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sequel to Wonder Woman at Super Hero High, it keeps the pace and the characterization going without missing a beat. Rarely does a sequel accomplish that in my opinion.
I can't wait for the next installment - Bat Girl at Super Hero High.
Vivi
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It is more of a middle school or even junior high than a high school, and that's about my biggest complaint. The book can get a little repetitive and overdone but no worse than any other book written for this age group. Overall, not bad.
Christina
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Meh. My students will enjoy it.
Andrea
This series continues to be predictable with no real conflict. The moral messages are in your face and preachy.
Kaelyn
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a fun read and I enjoyed it. It was fun and even though you kind of knew who the bad guy was going to be, it was still great. :) I am going to read the other books in this series too. :)
Cara's Craftsations
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fast-forward
2.5
Chris
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun little story first released as an animated episode. Really enjoyable.
Becca
Sep 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinishable
I could not handle all the red dots around the pages, so gave it up.
Denii
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, e-books
2,5 *
Michael A.
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liked it. It did have much in common with the cartoon version of Supoergirl's arrival at SHH. But enough of it was different to keep me reading.
Kim K
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Very cute. But sloths do not have prehensile tails, Beast Boy! How are you a sloth hanging from a giant crystal by your tail?
Izza
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, middlegrade
3 stars | This one was better than the first one... It's really all I have to say about it. I'm sure actual kids will enjoy this series ?
Mi-chan
Reseña aquí
Grace O
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • DC Super Hero Girls Vol 4: Past Times at Super Hero High
  • Double Down (Lois Lane, #2)
  • The Wishing World
  • Faith, Volume 2: California Scheming
  • Rocket and Groot: Stranded on Planet Strip Mall!
  • Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1
  • Monster High/Ever After High: The Legend of Shadow High
  • The Adventurers Guild (The Adventurers Guild #1)
  • DC Comics Bombshells, Vol. 3: Uprising
  • Ghost in the H.A.T.B.O.X. (Hatter Madigan, #1)
  • Home Sweet Motel (Welcome to Wonderland, #1)
  • Life on Mars
  • Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman Vol. 2
  • The Awesome Almost 100% True Adventures of Matt & Craz
  • Manhunter, Vol. 2: Trial by Fire
  • Super
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy, A New Class (Jedi Academy #4)
  • On the Bright Side
Lisa Yee was born and raised near Los Angeles. As a kid, she loved reading, opening brand new boxes of cereal (to get the prize), and riding the teacups at Disneyland.

Lisa attended Brightwood Elementary School in Monterey Park, California where she once won an award for best decorated cake. However, Lisa cut the ribbon in half because her friend Linda had also worked on the cake, and they had agre

DC Super Hero Girls (6 books)
  • Wonder Woman at Super Hero High