Start by marking “Pop Manga Coloring Book: A Surreal Journey Through a Cute, Curious, Bizarre, and Beautiful World” as Want to Read:

Manga artist and Pop Surrealism superstar Camilla d'Errico presents her first ever adult coloring book, filled with portraits, patterns, and the stunning artwork her fans and collectors have come to love.

This one-of-a-kind book offers you the opportunity to collaborate with d'Errico, adding your colors to her gorgeous black and white linework. Featuring everything from hau
Published July 19th 2016 by Watson-Guptill

To ask other readers questions about Pop Manga Coloring Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pop Manga Coloring Book

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I readily admit to loving these adult coloring books. Sometimes you get a winner and sometimes not with them. I liked this one.
Let's see why.
I haven't ever really gotten on the whole Manga thing because I'm totally boring and it takes too much energy lately for me to decide what pants to wear.
But this is cute.
There is a melting Queen or King. I can't figure out which but it is my favorite.
Palm Springs commercial photography

One of those pages that must be a rule that is included of a food collage. (Thank the goodness of books t
Amber
This is a pretty good and awesome coloring book from the world of Canadian artist Camilla D'errico who is one of my favorite artists besides Canadian artist Steve Mcginnis who has done artwork for the Fangoria horror magazine. I have enjoyed working in this book with different forms of media including markers, crayons, and color pencils but anything can be used for this book. The art is amazing in this and fans of the artist will enjoy coloring in this! Look for this book now on Amazon, Camilla ...more
CeeMarie
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a review copy from Blogging for Books and I was very happy with this! It is filled with beautiful art, and anyone who is interested in this style will love it. It's not just a coloring book, it's also an inspiration.
Diana
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
This one is a good bit different than other coloring books I have. This one isn't so much focused on repeating patterns, though there are some, but more on characters (people).

Also, the pictures to color tend to have a sketched quality to them, similar to what you see on the cover. I kind of like this though. It allows for you to feel like you are colaborating with Camilla d'Errico in a way to complete these works of art.

One thing that I don't know if I am a huge fan of though is the little char
Morgan
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

So, like others, I chose this because it looked at first like a really flipping gorgeous coloring book. Of course, closer inspection led me to realize that it was a book about coloring techniques when painting.

Still, it was gorgeous and I am not only curious about painting, but don't really possess much in the ability of creating these sorts of works of a
Gwendolyn Kensinger
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Camilla d'Errico is a rock star in the pop surrealism scene. Her illustrations are whimsical and organic. Her characters are bizarrely avant-garde and beg for crazy hair colors and imaginative color combos. In the classic manga style, the characters have large soulful eyes displaying tender emotions. When you flip through this coloring book you are transcended into another world.

My artwork blends the cute, creepy, and the surreal in a whimsical way that defies any logic or physics. ~ Camilla d'E
Maureen Timerman
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
If you enjoy Mange at all this book will surely bring a smile to your face and warm your heart as your fingers itch to start coloring. Once you finish perusing the pages, and oohing and aahing, you will probably flip through again and again trying to decide which page to start first.
The choices are wonderful and this is a one of kind type of coloring book, original drawings, and your friends are going to be so envious and feel you are so lucky to have this. You might want to get some for gifts,
Darlene Cruz
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful drawings and large in size to splash your color choices. I really like the facial drawings most of all, did you see the eyes? So . . . large, so . . . pretty, so . . . hypnotic, like the eyes can see into your soul, no kidding. Whimsically drawn to put you in a magical place. Well that's how I felt while coloring it, I had a hard time putting the coloring pencils down. A variety of drawings from head shots to animals and sea creatures and don't forget the butterflies and more. All the ...more
Kris
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love adult coloring books or coloring books in general. This is by far one of the most beautiful I have ever see, let alone have the chance to own. My boyfriend said once I finish them all he wants to frame them to put on our walls! That's how stunning the illustrations are! There is so much potential on each page!!
Cathy *Booklover4everandever*
Omg I absolutely love her coloring books. They are done in black and white, thick paper and pictures on each side (only thing I don't like). I color with markers and these books give me a chance to practice my shading and other techniques. Just need new books published lol....
Kelly
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Not just for manga fans and adult coloring book aficionados!

(Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book for review through Blogging for Books.)

Confession time: I've never really gotten into the whole adult coloring book fad. I mean, who has the time, right? Not to mention, I have a fat stack of kid's coloring books gathering dust in my library. Rather, when this title popped up on Blogging for Books, it was the artwork that caught my eye and compelled me to request a copy.

And Camilla d
TIZZY
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
This coloring book is soooo beautiful! I am in love with it. I love how you can color the front and back cover.I have not seen that before. It really makes the book personalized to each person. There is not a single page left without a drawing. You can literally color on every page. So beautiful.

Check out her Instagram! (@camilladerrico) So you can really see how amazing and beautiful her art works are. ♡

This book is good sized. I want to say almost 100 pages of drawings. The pages are nice. I
VegasGal
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016, coloring
Camilla d’Errico, award-winning comic and manga artist and Pop Surrealist painter has broadened her artistic horizons by creating a coloring book filled with surreal manga inspired black and white line work.

At 10x10 inches with 80 pages, this book’s theme contains an assortment of animals, (wolves, butterflies, birds and several types of aquatic species), wide-eyed girl portraits, repeating backgrounds, fruits and veggies and several types of strange designs including funky robots, and even tre
FictiveArtist
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pop Manga Coloring Book A Surreal Journey Through a Cute, Curious, Bizarre, and Beautiful World by Camilla d'Errico

So I've recently gotten into the whole adult coloring book storm that's been raging for a while. I just never really picked one up, because I had trouble finding books that I liked. Till I found this little wonder. I love fantasy images, and I'm a sucker for anything anime inspired. So a quick glimpse at this was pretty much love at first sight.

When I first got my hands on it, I was very surprised at all the little details. I don't mean in just the images, because the pictures in the book vary
Elizabeth
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Manga artist and Pop Surrealism superstar Camilla d’Errico presents her first ever adult coloring book, filled with portraits, patterns, and the stunning artwork her fans and collectors have come to love.
This one-of-a-kind book offers you the opportunity to collaborate with d’Errico, adding your colors to her gorgeous black and white linework. Featuring everything from haunting and surreal character portraits to pages filled with patterns and designs all rendered in d’Errico’s inimitable style
Laura (ローラ)
I would say that I would be interested in colouring about 75% of the pictures in this colouring book. Some of the images are so stunning. The children are so beautiful or cute, and the merging with animals is often so intriguing. Most pages include a highly detailed and somewhat surreal image of a young child placed in the center of the page with large white space as the background.

There are some unfortunate illustrations that were obviously copied from pencil drawings, or draft sketches. These
Nora St Laurent
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Here I am coloring again and loving it. The cover of this coloring book caught my eye. I’m not familiar with this artist or the Pop Manga pictures. I just wanted a chance to color these pages; they are really unique pictures; not like anything else out there.

My son says that this is a popular style that the kids have gone crazy over. Note from the author: “In this collection, I hope to provide you with a really interesting and unique experience. I want whomever picks up this book and flips thro
Autumn
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-read
This book is so much more than just a manga coloring book. The art is beyond beautiful. It won't matter if you enjoy manga or not, you will love the images. The pages are thick, in case you prefer to coloring in pen, but thin enough to allow framing if you chose.

The images appear to be drawn with an ink pen and photocopied over, but in a way so that you can color with ease. Not only can you use this book to color, but the details will give you an idea of how to create your own art.

A very beaut
Crystal
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
D’Errico’s book lives up to its title. There are indeed doses of cute here, but cute rarely stands alone. Almost every image in this collection also contains something of the bizarre or surreal. For the most part, d’Errico’s concoctions succeed in eliciting that pleasantly surprised “o” reaction. Some not so much. (Octopus tentacles, really?) But this is not a criticism of d’Errico, whose artistic talent and unfathomable imagination results in truly unique images.

The only real complaint I have
Piper Gottschalk
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I received a digital copy of the pop manga coloring book from Net Galley for a review.

I noticed in the reviews there is some confusion about whether it is a coloring book or an instructional book. They are seperate books, but for some reason, on Goodreads.com the coloring book, "Pop Manga : A surreal Journey Through a Cute, Curious, Bizarre and Beautiful World" is listed as a different edition of the how to book. If you look under editions and click on the cover that is in black and white, that
Lorelei Miller
Pop Manga Coloring Book is an adult coloring book unlike any other I have seen. It is full of gorgeous art that blends cute, creepy, surreal and beautiful all together. Some pages you have adorable children with creepy monsters, others you have cuddly animals with sad, unsmiling kids. Each page in this book is amazing. There are so many little details in each illustration that you could sit and look at each one for ages before remembering that you are trying to color the page. Many of the pages ...more
Ionia
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Line art can go either way when it comes to coloring books intended for grown ups, but this is a stunning example of what I'd love to see more of. The eyes, they eyes...this artist has an amazing way with eyes, both in her human characters and the animals she draws. They look so lifelike, which is hard to do in black and white.

I was pleasantly surprised by how different this book is from anything else I have seen on the market. After viewing thousands of color books and amassing a huge collecti
Angie
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coloring-book
Originally posted @ https://readaholiczone.blogspot.com/2...

In 2001 I found my first adult coloring book in one of the big chain bookstores and have been hooked ever since. I have never read a Pop Manga book before or have I experienced any of the art so when I opened this book it blew me away. This is far from your run of the mill coloring book. The pictures are hand sketched therefore giving them a unique quality it is as if you’ve been given a person’s sketchbook to color.

Camilla d’Errico di
Rating: 5
Review:

"Pop, Manga Coloring Book" by Camilla d'Errico

My Thoughts....

Wow, what a beautiful coloring book in Manga 'black and white' lined work. If you are looking a coloring book with some 'incredible patterns' you have come to the right place where one can find not only faces but whole images that are simply beautiful detailed. This was definitely a good book showing different coloring
Vonze
Because I enjoyed d'Errico's "Pop Painting" art instruction, I decided to check out her coloring book as well.

I think it's a perfect gift for the manga/anime lover, young or old.

Camilla d'Errico's pages are both magical and unique to behold. Some are surreal and emotional, others are whimsical and sweet. The majority of her subjects are female characters in fantasy or scifi settings. There's something cute for everyone, be it: robots, mermaids, birds, butterflies, icecream, deer, squid, unicorns
Deanna Stevens
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
This is a coloring book by CAMILLA d’ERRICO. It’s a surreal journey through a cute, curious, bizarre and beautiful world.
And that is exactly what I found as I flipped through the pages of this over sized soft cover book of interesting drawings to color. The pages are of a heavy paper that make for easy coloring. The pages have drawings on both sides and there are what I would definitely describe, exactly as the book describes… A one-of-a-kind book with pictures that are surreal, cute, curious an
Samantha Bilodeau
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coloring-books
I thought the art in this was spot-on for the "Pop Manga" style described in the title and shown on the cover. Every line drawing felt very authentic and many had that slightly-bizarre-but-quirky-fun thing going for it (japanese-style girls with steampunk or animal elements blended together). The artist is talented and the drawings very well done.

I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys Manga and coloring!
TDCbookreviews
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reviewing this kind of book in a digital format. First, I will say the pictures are beautiful and I liked the little instructional how to on the book. It was a little hard to see the writing, but I am sure the writing would be clear in a physical book. I will be purchasing the physical book for my daughter!
Amy Harber
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are into adult coloring books like me, then this is worth checking out. It is really just beautiful and slightly frightening for a left brained person like me. The paper is very high quality. This coloring book even has a dust jacket!

This was sent to me by blogging for books in exchange for a review.
« previous 1 3 next »
Camilla d’Errico is a product of her split heritage, Italian and Canadian rolled into one: Italian fiestiness, Canadian politeness, and an early addiction to Saturday morning cartoons, comics and manga. Growing up she was more often doodling sexy damsels and dragons on her textbooks than reading them. In 1998 when Camilla first attended her first San Diego Comic Con she realised that a 9–5 day job ...more