Start by marking “The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5)

The Pursuit

(Fox and O'Hare #5)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  11,290 Ratings  ·  981 Reviews
Janet Evanovich, author of the blockbuster Stephanie Plum novels, and Lee Goldberg, writer for the Monk television show, team up once again for the fifth book in their rollicking, New York Times bestselling Fox and O’Hare series!

Nicolas Fox, international con man, thief, and one of the top ten fugitives on the FBI’s most-wanted list, has been kidnapped from a beachfront re
Published June 21st 2016 by Bantam

The Obsession by Nora RobertsBrotherhood in Death by J.D. RobbThe Show by Lawrence H. SolaMurder on Wheels by Lynn CahoonThe Beech Tree by Don  Phelan
2016 Must Reads
391 books — 302 voters
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasEmpire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasHarry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two by John TiffanyCrooked Kingdom by Leigh BardugoLady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Best Books of 2016
1,429 books — 2,535 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

As I said just about a month ago . . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Janet Evanovich has been a summertime fluffy nothing kind of fave for years now. I won’t go over the deets (yet again), just know that I’ve read errrrrrrything by her. Her books usually only take a couple of hours to get through due to their simplicity, and if you check out the paper versions you’ll notice that large font, wide margins and plenty of space in between lines not only make them eas
Carolyn
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Nick Fox, top con artist, criminal and now secretly working for the FBI is back with his FBI partner Kate O'Hare in an action packed adventure. In a Mission Impossible style adventure Nick and Kate must infiltrate a Serbian gang to prevent a major disaster that could kill thousands. Pure fun, this was a quick read complete with the evil villains, slick action, lively banter and quirky characters that we have come to expect from this writing partnership. 3.5★

With thanks to Netgalley and the publi
Julie
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Pursuit by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg is a 2016 Bantam publication.

I knew I was going to love this series right from the start, but I didn’t know I would like it this much! My only complaint is that the last book left poor Nick in limbo and it seems as though I’ve had to cool my heels awaiting word on his fate for entirely too long… nearly a year, in fact!! GAW!

But, the wait is finally over, and thankfully, my favorite, sexy, con artist, is alive, but has jumped from the fire into the
Mike French
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star book in the Fox and O'Hare series. Very entertaining and enjoyable! Started fast and never slowed down. Fasten your seat belts, because you are going on WILD ride.
Lakshmi C
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Everybody needs rocket launchers.
“I’ll call my friend who left the guns for us in the park,” Jake said. “He can get us a rocket launcher.”
“We don’t need a rocket launcher.”
“Sure we do,” Jake said. “Nothing creates opportunity like a rocket-propelled explosive.”
“It would also create an international incident. I’m going to be in enough trouble as it is.”

Kate, Cosmo and paperwork.
“You haven’t filed your form S-Q-zero-zero-niner,” Cosmo said.
“I’m pretty sure I filed that,” Kate said, having no idea
Skip
Nick Fox is kidnapped by a smash and grab gang, to assist in a major diamond heist. However, he is double crossed and left unconscious for the police, and even Kate O'Hare's FBI credentials cannot save him from the Belgian police, which of course requires a jailbreak so Kate and Nick can help infiltrate the gang to recover the real prize stored in the vault(view spoiler). Of course, in order to get the gang to disclose where the real prize was stashed, a ...more
Escape into a Booksite
3.5 Stars

This was another classic Fox and O'Hare novel. Full of entertainment and action from the start. I did feel like it was missing some of the usual banter between Kate and Nick. It was there, but there wasn't enough of it in this one for me.
All the other usual characters are in this one too, which makes for some extra comic relief.
A fun and quick read as per usual with Janet Evanovich.
Loving this series.

Review also on my blog:
EscapeintoaBookSite

Jilly
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great to see Nick and crew back in action, this time saving the world from a mad man hell bent on releasing a deadly biological weapon on the U.S.. Book 5 is brilliantly written with just the right amount of romance, action, and humor; I'd expect nothing less from this series!

Can I please have the next Fox and O'hare book now? I'll trade someone a pile of Toblerones for it!
Carol
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I just learned that Janet Evanovich had a new series called Fox and O'Hare. I've read her other series, but just learned about this one, and of course, starting with Book #5. From what I'm learning, Kate O'Hare and Nick Fox have worked on cases before, and they have special talents and abilities that are used in these books.

In this book, Nick Fox is kidnapped by a gang, to assist in a huge diamond heist. However, he is double crossed and left unconscious for the police, and even Kate O'Hare's FB
Anita
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Scam ended with the abduction of Nick from his Hawaii beach shack where he and Kate were scheduled to get some R&R along with some nookie. Kate is determined to track down who took him and get him back. This is personal and she is going to make someone pay.

It turns out that Nick has been kidnapped by Dragan Kovic, an ex–Serbian military officer and leader of the Road Runners, a group of smash and grab jewelry thieves. No panache at all. They need Nick to break into the Executive Merchant
Julie
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another clever entry in the series. This time the con is forced upon them after Nick is kidnapped by a crazy Serbian ex-military officer (the flyleaf says ex-Serbian military, but I just can't say that, he is still Serbian).

One glaring error was toward the end, when Kate's name appears where the other female lead should be. I actually went back a page or two to see if I had missed something, then continued reading to see if that would explain it. Turned out to be just an error, and the proper n
Brenda
After the ending of The Scam (view spoiler), I have my fingers crossed that my second favorite (after Ranger from the Stephanie Plum novels) bad boy book boyfriend is OK.

Update 8/5/16

*** Big sigh of relief *** Finally finished reading about my book boyfriend and all I can think is: Thank God, Nick is OK! =)
Angie Elle
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

Another solid installment of Fox and O'Hare!

Review to come.

Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the fourth book in the Fox and O'Hare series which focuses on FBI agent Kate O'Hare and criminal Nick Fox who was released from prison in exchange for helping the FBI. I might seem strange to rate a book as suspense and humour, but Janet Evanovich does a great job balancing both.

In this book we pick up where the last one left off with Nick having been kidnapped. A Serbian jewel thief wants him to help his gang with a daring robbery. Kate, using footage from various neighbourhood cameras
Els
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am always thorn when I have a book written by Janet Evanovich. I want to read it as soon as possible, because I know it will be a hit once again. On the other side, I don't want to read it yet because then the fun will be over again and the long wait for a new book starts.
So yesterday, on a freezing cold and snowy day, I could not resist any longer.
I enjoyed it! I love the twists, the shemes, the fun, and the absurdity. A well wirtten story that keeps you glued to you chair until you have fin
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
TITLE: the Pursuit (book 5, Fox and O'Hare series)
AUTHOR(s): Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
PUBLISHED: 06.2016
READ: 06.2016
FORMAT: ebook f/Barnes & Noble via NOOK (Samsung Galaxy tab4).
GENRE/KEYWORDS: fiction, adult fiction, mystery, suspense, thriller, romance, FBI, caper, heist, law enforcement, chick lit, comedy.

MY GOODREADS RATING: 5 I love this series stars.

BRIEF REMARKS:

I'm giving this Fox and O'Hare installment five stars. I am so hopelessly hooked on these two & Kate's dad, Jake
Judy
This book picked up where the other one left off, and was a lot of fun. Jake remains my favorite character, with full of great lines, like the following:

“We don’t need a rocket launcher.”

and

“Well, I wouldn’t be much of a father if I didn’t occasionally blow up a castle for you.”

The story remained action p
Sue
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Love this series, love the narration...(Scott Brick).

Okay the rating is about how much I love the series, the plot was quite good. I enjoy Kate embracing the dark side a bit (i.e. bending the rules and conning the bad guys).

Nick and Kate are finally somewhat on the same page personally. But you have to wonder what shoe will drop next.

Fun, fun little series with a White Collar Con-Man (Nick) tied to an Excellent FBI Agent (Kate). If you liked the show, this is a slam dunk series you'll enjo
Alyx Tschirhart
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite of the five books in this Fox and O'Hare series, nonetheless it did not disappoint. With these books you can count on getting a good dose of action, entertainment and good laughs.
I've really enjoyed this series so far. Not sure if this is where it ends, but I'll be keeping my eye out.

Unlike other books, not much goes "wrong" so to speak. Sure there are some diversions to the original plan, but those that weren't predictable, weren't extremely hard to deal with. The supporting cha
Shannon (leaninglights)
Too formulaic at this point. Don't think I'll be continuing.
Boundless Book Reviews
It finally happened!

If you haven’t been reading these books stop now because this will spoil everything! Spoiler, Spoiler you have been warned!!!

At the end of book 4 they finally got together! And for once I wasn’t disgusted that it was a fade to black. I liked that it was left to my imaginations. I know CRAZY! I was afraid that having Kate and Nick start a romantic relationship would ruin the chemistry between the two but it didn’t. There is just as much and the story is just as brilliant. Now
Jen
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Terri Wino
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: year-2016
This definitely wasn't my favorite in the series; it felt like it went on a little too long and there was a lot going on in this one. This series is at its best when it doesn't get too complicated.

Having said that, I still enjoy Nick, Kate, and company and the type of humor in these books.

Looking forward to the next one, but hoping I enjoy it more than this one.
David Monroe
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
The fifth entry in this series is a breezy, fun, uncomplicated, anodine adventure-mystery-thriller romp. If you enjoyed the 'Blue Sky' era shows on the USA network, you'll enjoy this series.
Tamara
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
As I've said before- Ocean's Eleven meets White Collar, this series is always fun. A bit outlandish at times- but that is what makes it even more fun IMO.
Jay
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike the most recent Stephanie Plum novel, the Fox and O'Hare series is still going strong.

Set right after the conclusion of the previous novel, Kate O'Hare is on the trail of the kidnapped Nick Fox. While there is little suspense in that plot point, it is what comes after she finds him that really gets this book moving.

Nick talks his way from kidnap victim to an integral part of the kidnapper's scheme to rob a diamond depository. But even that is just a small cog in a bigger machine. The kidn
Connie N.
#5 in the Fox and O'Hare series

Another fun episode in this entertaining series. Last time we knew that Nicholas Fox was missing, but we had no doubt that he was fine, and that turned out to be the case. He was forced to plan and participate in a diamond heist in Antwerp, leading to a much more serious planned caper. As he and Kate become further involved in a raid on a scientific lab (researching smallpox), they plan an elaborate con to thwart the bad guys. Of course it's very complicated and ve
Cindy
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Exciting spy plot — interest-keeping. Sexual situations, lite profanity (author’s usual).
Randy Tramp
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ride! I loved this book and this series. Nicholas Fox has been kidnapped and FBI Agent O'Hare must find him.

When she finds him, the fun begins. The action is constant, and the interest contagious. I found myself into the story and didn't want to stop reading. It took me two sittings to finish the book. It's that good.

I'm hoping there are more books in this series.
Twilight
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of action and humor as usual, however the ending was somewhat of a let down. With all the big heists and exciting things that go on in these books... why end like this??
Madison Mega-Mara...: #34 - The Pursuit 1 3 Mar 09, 2017 11:16AM
Play Book Tag: The Pursuit by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg 3.5 stars 1 9 Dec 15, 2016 08:32AM
  • Heist
  • A Grave Prediction (A Psychic Eye Mystery, #14)
  • A Killer Ball at Honeychurch Hall (Honeychurch Hall Mystery #3)
  • 7 Brides for 7 Bodies (Body Movers, #7)
  • Dishonorable Intentions (Stone Barrington #38)
  • Troublemaker (GO-Team, #1)
  • Clawback (Ali Reynolds, #11)
  • Rampage (The Singular Menace, #3)
  • High Country Nocturne
  • The Root of all Trouble(A Nina Quinn #7)
  • The End Game (A Brit in the FBI, #3)
  • The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #1)
  • A Bad Day for Scandal (Bad Day, #3)
  • Boar Island (Anna Pigeon, #19)
  • Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette: What is Wrong with You People
  • The Breaking Point  (Body Farm, #9)
  • Dead Frenzy (A Loon Lake Mystery, #4)
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)

Fox and O'Hare (6 books)
  • The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1)
  • The Chase (Fox and O'Hare, #2)
  • The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3)
  • The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Watchers Of Time (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #5)
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
  • Jaws
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Prisoner of Heaven (Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #3)
  • The Romanov Cross
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
  • A Purple Place for Dying: A Travis McGee Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
  • Brighton
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Aftermath (Inspector Banks, #12)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Of Power (Paul Madriani, #9)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • The God's Eye View
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Abandon
  • The Things you find in Rockpools
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Through the Fog (Evan, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2)
  • Up Country
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Surrogate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Teacher (DS Imogen Grey, #1)
  • Lies That Bind Us
  • The Einstein Prophecy
  • Blink
    $3.99 $1.49
“peripatetic” 1 likes
“That's why I'm not on social media. People are way too open about their private lives. I don't need to see pictures of what somebody had for lunch or hear about how difficult their last bowel movement was or see on a map where they were when either one happened.” 1 likes