Start by marking “Steal My Breath” as Want to Read:
Steal My Breath

Steal My Breath (Elixir #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,364 Ratings  ·  316 Reviews
A friends-to-lovers standalone novel from USA Today bestselling author Nina Levine.

This bossy bartender is about to cross a line he knows he shouldn’t. But Callie St James isn’t a woman he can say no to any longer.

Callie

Luke Hardy is bossy as fuck. Moody too. But I’ve had a thing for him since we met. I spend half my time arguing with him, and the other half drooling ove
ebook
Published May 31st 2016 (first published May 29th 2016)

Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'No quick kisses' Stars!
ARC provided via Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review.
 photo Steal My Breath - Nina Levine_zpsdjewrfy4.png

It seems like forever that I've been waiting for this book. Actually, this is my first book by Nina Levine but I fell in love with Luke and Callie when I read a short story about them in For the First Time: Twenty-One Brand New Stories of First Love. I was pretty excited to get the ARC and I have to say I really enjoyed this novel, it was the perfect light read that I needed these days while bei
Nina Levine
May 31, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
SINGLE DAD BOOK ALERT!!

description

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA | iBooks | Nook | Kobo
Nicola
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

This has been on my radar since I read the sample in the For the First Time anthology last year. And with great characters, a little bit of angst, drama, a lot of heat and a few twists and surprises along the way, I'd say my first time reading Nina Levine was a success.

description

Whilst Callie and Luke do lose their hearts to one another a tad on the quick side and it did hit a bit of a lull in the middle, overall this was an enjoyable story that with a couple who you can't deny have a fabulous c
Romance Readers Retreat
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Nina Levine's writing style, i don't know what i was expecting but Steal My Breath blew me away, gave me the ultimate feels, pulled me in from the get go and didn't let go.

Callie St James has the most beautiful heart, she's lovable,independent and is sassy when needed i instantly loved her.

Luke Hardy is the ultimate ALPHA!!! Bossy, stubborn, dominant and knows exactly what he wants, but is also sweet and i loved him!!!
The chemistry between Luke and Callie was off the chart hot.

The storyl
Beth
Where do I start? I don’t know where to start because it’s complicated. There is so much to tell you, but I can’t tell you, because I want you to read this amazing book and experience all it has to offer.

I laughed, I cried, I actually had an ache in my chest while reading. The emotions that you go through with this read are crazy good. You get so engrossed in the book it’s like you’re watching a movie. There were a few times I was interrupted and wished I had this sign to put up so I could just
KFForever
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse

Having only read this author's MC series which I loved to bits, I can honestly say that the subject she chose to write about in this standalone surprised me no end. Storyteller par excellence; she has a way with words in a plot where banter overflows and is nothing less than intriguing. It is complicated and different from what I am used to reading; however, what really swayed me was how such a delicate issue was handled. Told from both protagoni
Victoria
This book quite literally stole my breath!

Nina is an absolutely beautiful writer and creates story's that will move you and stay with you. Steal My Breath is no different. This a story that will make you fall completely in love with the words Nina has created, it will break your heart and then stitch it back together. This is a story that while reading you feel as if the world should stop spinning and take notice.

Callie and Luke will steal your breath, your heart and maybe a little piece of your
Lindsey King
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Value 5

Panty Scorching 5
Angst 3
Storyline 5
Tissue 3
Overall Rating 5

What a freakin fantastic read!!!! Nina simply takes another one by storm! (See what I did there) hahaha. This was such a refreshing read. I was so very excited to get it and had to finish it in one setting. Let's just say the laundry was left behind and a sink full of dishes. But it was soooo worth it.

Luke is simply amazing. This man is completely swoon worth and a dirty mouth to boot. His passion for family and the people he lov
Neringa Neringiukas
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When blurb said, that this story is complicated, it wasn't kidding. The shocks I got while reading this was unexpected. At first I didn't know how to react to them. Should I say that Callie was taking a poor judgement going in there with Luke, when he reveals his secrets? Or life sometimes is complicated and you just should go with it? Because everything worth in your life never comes easy.

I feel bad for Luke. The last year's wasn't the best of his life. A lot of dark places he was drawn in. The
Chantal
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Meet Luke and Callie. They have known each other for about a year seeing each other frequently at the bar Luke owns and Callie’s best friend Avery works. Luke’s been watching Callie go through numerous failed dating attempts until finally one day he can’t resist any longer and shows her how he feels about her. Little did he know her feelings for him where mutual. When things finally heat up between the two of them his past catches up with him and their road to happiness is shattered by secretes. ...more
RJ
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

Tamara
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Steal my Breath is the story of Luke and Callie – It’s a story of their love and lives, but it’s about so much more than that. Levine has weaved a tale that kept me riveted from the first word. Steal My Breath was a story whose secondary characters intrigued me as much as the main characters, and had a little boy who stole my heart.
It was a story that showed me that life isn’t always black and white, and sometimes doing the right thing doesn’t always work out the way you expect it to.

Secrets…we’
Charlene
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Really good preview. Thinking I might need the entire story.
Sonya
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Not what I was hoping for. Luke sounds super delicious in the blurb...but he is too mushy and not at all growly like the blurb indicated. The author was all over the place as far as the plot and it wasn't that steamy. I at 50% and I'm already skimming quickly between chapters. I really don't feel any chemistry between them at all. Not what I hoped for. Not sure if I'll read more by this author....kind of a boring book...
Tracy Supple
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I honestly and whole heartedly freakin loved this book it left me speechless and in pure aww of Nina's writing I didn't think her books could get any better but damn I was wrong this is by far her best book to date.

The title is called Steal my breath and it most definitely will do as the title says but it will also steal your heart. This book was so well and beautifully written that it will hook you from the first page.

Luke Hardy can be a moody son of a bitch when he wants to be. But he can al
Diane Yoskowitz
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by this deep beautiful heartfelt story. I've finished Steal My Breath a few days ago and I'm still feeling the intense emotions this story brought forth.
Luke and Callie are friends who give into their attraction and discovere True Love.
Luke is a passionate Alpha, one demand out of his mouth and it will have your toes curling!  He just wants to take care of you and be your everything while scorching up your sheets. Luke has had a screwed up past but with Callie he finds happines
 Book Reviews  & Promotion
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
She know her three-month sex drought is going to continue the minute the guy sitting across from her says, “I love that shade of pink you’re wearing. I have a tie that would match it well.”

Luke is the owner of her favorite bar. Its been 3 months she had not meet Luke. She sometimes thinks dirty thoughts about Luke.No man has ever kissed her the way Luke has kissed her.
It’s like sunshine on a rainy day, when all the doom that’s been cast your way during the pounding rain finally clears, and you s
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Steal My Breath – Nina Levine
4 Stars

Callie has known Luke for about a year. He is her best friend’s boss and has always been off limits. They also tend to disagree on almost everything and he is always in a bad mood, still she can’t help but be attracted to him.

Luke owns Elixir, the local bar. He has watched Callie come into his bar almost daily, but knows that she is off limits. He knows that she has been single the past few months, but he still can’t make a move and it is killing him. He is e
Elizabeth Clinton
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When A Title means exactly what it says, All you can say is that this book is AMAZING.
Nina Levine gives us a book that will definitely Steal Your Breath. We meet Luke Hardy a man whose life has been totally turned upside down. He's trying to run a business, raise a son and move on with his life only to feel he's stuck and can't move forward. But what he doesn't expect is to find that Callie might just be that woman who can help him.
Callie a young woman who believes that you can find that one per
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and I was kept interested. The story has laughs, love, friendship, suspense, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Callie and Luke’s story. Luke is a bar owner that no really knows a lot about. Callie comes to the bar as her best friend works there. Callie has a core of steel that draws Luke to her. Luke wants her but with the baggage he carries around will he allow her into his life? Will the secrets he carries around keep them apart? W
A little birdie told me... Gardner
I liked this book. The main characters were likable, Callie especially. And who doesn't love an alpha who can concede to an intelligent woman?

The only problem I had was how long and drawn out the book was. There were draggy parts and quasi-rushed parts, but honestly, they weren't terrible. There was just too much packed into a single novel. Each aspect was well written, but it just was so drawn out that I got a tad bit impatient to see the obvious end.

I admire strong, smart, quirky and funny h
Jackie Wright
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 star review
I really don't know where to start, this is so different from any other book I have read by this author and I loved it. Steal my Breath is complicated and it really did Steal my Breath away at times I felt like I was holding my breath. I found myself getting lost into this story, the characters have depth and chemistry. this story is not about life being black or white its about people with secrets.
This book is beautifully written and I would recommend you pick up a copy to read, I'
Cheryl Norris
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

I wasn't sure how I felt about Nina writing a non-Storm mc book, but man, am I glad she did. I loved Luke Hardy and Callie. They are now added to my list of favorite book couples. They were so adorable together. I did feel at some places the book staged a bit and I found myself thinking I had to be further along than I was, but I see the reason for the dragging. Overall I loved this and it's a 5 star read for me.
Karen
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think this book was good with a strong female who meets Mr. Right, right in front of her while she meets her online"dates". His life too complicated to tell her his feelings while she discards "Mr. Wrong" after "Mr. Wrong". Finally he can't take it any longer.

There are lots of juicy secondary characters and a good twist or two among the complications. Very entertaining!!
Lindsey
This had great potential but it fell completely short. The characters were not consistent and their personality changed constantly. "Bossy Luke" isn't even an alpha. The only characters I even liked were Paris and Sean.
Arlene Adams
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bad-boy
Bonnie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the characters, especially Luke who was hot and swoon worthy. Callie and Luke's road to HEA was rocky and detoured due to Callie's determination to do what she thinks is right.
Becca
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nina Levine delivers another delicious alpha and feisty heroine with Steal My Breath. This is Luke and Callie’s story and a great new direction for this author. Luke and Callie exist in the real world, the one where everyone struggles to fall in love, find their place, pay their bills, and leave their mistakes in the past. Luke and Callie were easy to relate to, they felt real and tangible, like someone I already knew, and that made investing myself in them absolutely effortless. From the moment ...more
Amy
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!!

“I want more of him, full stop. And then he gives me what I want. His lips. His hands on me. His body against mine. He kisses me like I’m his sunshine to a rainy day again. He steals my breath.”

“This kiss will forever live in my mind. Luke doesn’t simply kiss–he possesses. He takes me mind, body, and soul. In this kiss, I find hope. Hope that he will fight for me. For the us we both want. Any doubt I had that he wants me is put to rest.”

“Life isn’t lived in black and wh
  • Dirty Work
  • Bash: Volume I (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Divided (Unguarded, #2)
  • Beast Within (Beasty, #1)
  • Love You More (Broken, #1)
  • Broken But Breathing
  • Don't Wake the Dead (The Wraith Files, #1)
  • Beg Me: (Masters of Decadence Book 1)
  • Jacob's Ladder: Gabe (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon, #3)
  • Unexpected Consequences (Love is not enough, #1)
  • Ripping Pages
  • His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, #1)
  • Lance (Roughneck Shorts 3)
  • Second Sight (The Admiral's Elite, #1)
  • Friends Before Benefits (Whisper Beach, #1)
  • Touching Ash (Touch, #4)
  • Chase (Secret Confessions: Backstage #1)
ESCAPE WITH AN ALPHA

USA Today Bestselling Author Nina Levine is an Aussie author who writes alphas with a side of dirty and sassy women who don't hand their hearts over easily.

When she isn't creating with words, she loves to create with paint and paper. Often though, she can be found curled up with a good book and some chocolate.

Click to visit Nina on Amazon

Click to visit Nina's Website

Click
More about Nina Levine...