Start by marking “Sno Ho (Summit City, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sno Ho (Summit City, #1)

Sno Ho

(Summit City #1)

Boone Daniels seems to have trouble finishing things. Along with the half dozen or so novels he's started, only to abandon mid-way through, his love life could be best described as a series of drive-bys.

Boone has spent the past week staying at a ski lodge in the tiny mountain town of Summit City. He's been using his time alone to write while waiting for his boyfriend to j
ebook, 2, 98 pages
Published November 1st 2015 by Ethan Day (first published October 26th 2010)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Welcome to what happens to Heather when she doesn't read a blurb fully before starting a book, version 2.0! When I saw the title to this book, I thought, "Wow, I love multicultural books! Clearly this is about an Asian guy skiing! His last name must be Ho. Sounds great!" Color me confused when no Asian guy made an appearance in this book...

description

I expected to be crazy about this book because I looove a funny book. However, though I kind of chuckled along, I didn't find this to be laugh out loud funny
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Ah, well, I was clearly in the minority on this one. The narrator and MC, Boone, bugged the bejesus out of me. He was sarcastic and snarky to a fault, and his motor mouth...dear lord...just shut the fuck up already, Boone, before I ducktape your mouth.

I didn't find Wade, the other MC, a particularly sympathetic character at the beginning, although he grew on me.

The comedy here was too campy for my tastes. I didn't find the book even remotely funny, and the interactions between the MCs felt ten
Heather C
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather C by: Heather S
I started reading this book just to kill a little bit of time today, but once I started it I did not stop reading it until I was finished. Boone and Wade were awesome together. I loved how Boone talked fast and couldn't shut up when he was anxious and he always said exactly what was on his mind. And Wade, *sigh*, what can I say about Wade? He's absolutely perfect! An athletic, tall, muscular, romantic "wall-man"...and completely smitten with Boone.

This was a cute, funny story with lots of "LOL"
Christelle
A new author to me and a new series : I’m in !! And what a good start with this novella.

Boone Daniels is cute, has a big mouth and uses it a lot, like in a mile in a minute, has strong bonds with his unconventional family and his long-time BFF. What he doesn’t have anymore is a boyfriend and to forget about that while on vacation in Colorado, why not going for a drink (or more) and get hit by a bulky and sexy guy, namely Wade Walker.

I enjoyed Boone Daniels and Wade Walker’s debuts a lot : I had
Heller
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had me laughing. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Expecting a romantic getaway with his boyfriend Boone instead gets dumped over the phone and left to holiday alone in picturesque Summit City, a skier's haven. He meets the town's golden boy Wade and they start a blazing holiday romance, will it lead to something more? Stay tuned! I'm heading off right now to find out. :D

Recommended if you like a snarky, hilarious narrator and lots and lots of smoking hot sex. This is worth it for just chapter o
Gigi
Review for Sno and the sequel Life in Fusion posted on the Life in Fusion page.

DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

Boone Daniels thinks he is going to meet his BF at Summit City to celebrate their one-year anniversary in the ski resort where they met. Instead, his BF dumps him over the phone. The (now ex) BF has paid for the cabin and ski lessons for the week for Boone's enjoyment. Boone drowns his sorrows in a town bar and winds up in bed with hunky Wade Walker. Wade is the golden boy of Summit City and works as a ski instructor. Sno Ho is their story of getting to know each other over the holidays
Monika
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

**Update**
I just finished my re-read of Sno Ho getting myself reacquainted with Boone and Wade. Boone has always been my all time favorite character, I guess you could call him my book boyfriend. I loved him the first time we met and after my re-read that hasn't changed. He's somehow survived the years and many, many books later. I can't wait to read on and I especially can't wait to read the new addition to this series Life in Union. (Damn GR the insert book thing won't work!)

Original Review
Bo
Susan
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Super fun holiday read!

I know everyone raves about how FUNNY this book is. I guess it is kinda funny...but I think I really just enjoyed seeing two MC's playing off of each other with snark and banter. It was...smart. The dialogue was some class A stuff!

Boone is a kinda-writer who is sent to a mountain resort only to be dumped by his boyfriend.

He meets ski-instructor Wade, town hero, and new-owner-of-my-heart. *swoon* I love this guy.

It's total instalove...but in the most neurotic, zan
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
i laugh so hard it hurts tehehehe

I loved this one. It was so hilarious! At first there's not much funny to it but then it turns into just nonstop funniness. I loved it ^_^

Ahh, Boone such a funny guy in that dry, sarcastic always-have-to-make-a-joke type of way. And even though he was sent to the mountains by his boyfriend and then dumped he still found some situations funny. Of course, that was only after a night of drunken sex with a stranger but eh, it was bound to happen, right? Lol. Wade was so cute and always tried to get
Alvin
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: looking for a fun M/M read
Shelves: light
A VERY FUN READ!

I really liked it! It's one of those feel good books. It's funny, has a great storyline, great characters (I loved Boone and Wade!)...

Boone & Wade

...and hot whirlwind romance.

The only thing I didn't like on it was the (view spoiler)
REVIEWER'S NOTE:(view spoiler)

I would recommend this to M/M Rom
Bookwatcher
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Amazing book! It's so romantic and funny!!!
[image error]

I love both main characters!
Boone, the only narrator,with his incredible funny thoughts made this book so pleasant!
"I settled on my lowest of low rise jeans and a red plaid cowboy shirt with pearly white snap buttons. It was several years old, but hadn't been worn that much. I'd purchased it before my trip to the gay rodeo with a bunch of friends many moons ago. Many horses had been saved that weekend as many cowboys had been ridden."

W
Trio
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r, mm, sports
my review is here Sno Ho/Life In Fusion
Emma Sea
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writer, athlete
Um, not sure about this. Parts of the book I really liked, but the humor falls flat for me. I think Day's trying to be 'wacky', and wacky leaves me cold. Also I wasn't completely comfortable with the beginning of the MC's romance. I never believe the whole 'I hate you so much I'm going to have sex with you just to show you what you're missing out on' scenario.

I did like Wade's sister: I'd share a martini with her any time. I liked the MCs individually. I'd like their ship if they could leave and
Kristie
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
This is an utterly adorable story and I've dived right into the follow up.
Elyxyz
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Voto: 4.5 stelline.
Forse non è una storia da 5 stelle piene, ma ci va vicino. E probabilmente gliele avrei date, se non fosse per il finale… ma è il primo libro di una saga, quindi avrei dovuto aspettarmi questa possibilità. Pazienza, mi sa che correrò a leggere il seguito in inglese, perché mi sono innamorata di Boone e Wade.
Dopo aver letto di recente “Aftertaste” della Brighton, “Reporter di provincia” della Dennison e questo libro, ho la conferma di adorare le trame ambientate nelle piccole c
Sara
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This was a great surprise, I had it in my TBR pile for a while and was expecting a bit of fluff, a nice quick read.
It was a very nice quick read, however it wasn't regular fluff. IT WAS BLOODY HILARIOUS! I love Boone, at first I worried he might be a bit too camp
for my taste but no, he's just the funniest MC I've come across in my life. I laughed out loud on virtually every second page. It was amazing to find a book
with two awesome MC's, humor and witty remarks coming out of the wazoo AND sex s
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Super cute sweet and funny.
Asynia
This was a charming and funny book on many levels and I loved Boone! Unfortunately I didn't like Wade as much. I don't know what it was about him, I can't put my finger on it, I just couldn't warm up to him. Starting with the skiing lesson and everyone knowing about Boone's"situation" coming to Summit City, Wade just seemed kind of... Too happy about Boone's misery, for my tastes. I also didn't like the fact that Wade took advantage of someone who was too drunk too either consent or not, and don ...more
Lauraadriana
This book was AWESOME...I actually felt guilty reading it since I got it as freebie (thanks to my GR buddy)I was loving it so much.

I was actually barking with laughter, I loved the sense of humor, the flirtiness and it was beyond sweet. I so was rooting for Boone and Wade. I loved the crazy small town peeps all over Wade's love life and Wade being this amazing athlete who was openly gay. Okay I just LOVED this book and wish I had a best friend just like Boone...I got the sequel right after I fin
Deeze
This is a perfect pick me up read. Boone is a real guy with a real talent for saying what he's thinking. I loved everything that came out of his mouth be it cute funny or just plain corny.

Wade is a big teddy bear. I loved how he could wind Boone up then watch as Boone went off.

While I wasn't rolling on the floor with laughter, I was chuckling most of the way through.

For me this is a perfect feel good book. But for those wanting definite closure you will need to read book 2 as this ends rather
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to JustJen "Miss Conduct" by: Heather C
Shelves: ebook, mm
Very cute, very funny and sweet with a side of smexy. Boone is hilarious, and Wade is no slouch either. Even when Wade is surprised by what Boone says, he is able to step right up with a funny comeback. They make a great couple both in bed and out. This moves quickly and leaves you hanging just a little, so I'm off to read book 2.
Elizabeth H.
Before I start with why my opinion of this novella differs from the majority, I'll come clean and say that I do fully intend to buy the sequel.

Sno Ho drove me crazy. There's a kernel of a good story in there, but sometimes it was hard to see as it disappeared under an avalanche. What was that avalanche made of?

First and foremost, this story desperately needed an editor for punctuation and sentence construction. Hey, I'm not a grammar ho. I can definitely enjoy a good story poorly presented if t
Juan Carlos
May 06, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
the very beginning (Boone waking up with the hangover) was great and really well written. unfortunately, things went so rapidly downhill from there, it seems like the rest was written by a different author.
Boone is such an annoying character once he opens his mouth! I don't want to identify with him. and that makes reading a book written in 1st person not exactly enjoyable.

I finished it though, hoping things would improve. they didn't.

what makes me absolutely angry is that this is something I
Tami
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 stars, rounded 4. A nice, little story about an aspiring writer who gets dumped in the middle of a winter holiday in the mountain and falls for the ski instructor/sexy giant. The beginning was very funny and the banter and ramblings of the 1st person narrator (the writer) were very entertaining. Although rather short it was NOT insta-love - very much appreciated! It was a lighthearted little romance with a lot of humor.
Kaje Harper
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light, m-m
This is one of the best light-hearted M/M romances I have read. Boone, the narrator, is sweet and funny and completely over the top in a very appealing way. Wade, the hometown boy he sleeps with and then falls for, is his perfect foil, and the small-town setting adds to the humor. There is enough emotion in here to give it the occasional poignant moment and give the story a little depth. The next book just moved to the top of my list.
Mandi
Oct 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, I loooooved this! 5 star read and just bought 'Life In Fusion' so I can read more about these two!

Best line (out of many); Boone screaming "Harbinger of love-death!" I literally snorted out some soda.

Can't recommend this enough. :)
Catherine
A charming short story that had tonnes of laughs, throw-me-up-against-a-wall-you-Olympic-sex-god sex, and some surprisingly sweet moments. What's not to like?!
Jenni Lea
LOL funny. I wish the second book wasn't so expensive though.
  • Take My Picture
  • One of Those Days
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier
  • Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
  • Crossing Borders (Crossing Borders, #1)
  • Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Our December (The Making of a Man #1)
  • American Love Songs
  • Hard Tail (Southampton Stories #2)
  • The Ghost on My Couch
  • Mummy Dearest (The XOXO Files, #1)
  • Dance With Me (Dancing, #1)
  • The Missing Butterfly (Lovesongs, #1)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
Welcome to Ethan Day's Goodreads Profile. I write mainly contemporary GLBT Romance Novels, but who knows what the future might bring and what other genres I may dive into.

Hopefully, you’ll find my books to be sexy as well as fun. Sex and romance, should be fun! If it isn’t, then perhaps you’re not doing it right.

I hope you love my characters as much as I do. With any luck they’ll inspire you the

Summit City (4 books)
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)
  • A Summit City Christmas (Summit City, #2.5)
  • Life In Union (Summit City, #3)
“Not with a mother like mine.” I let out a sigh. “I can hear her right now. ‘Boone, do you have to kiss like such a slut? Good Christ, if your tongue goes any farther down his throat you’ll be able to tell what the man had for breakfast. Do it like they did in those old-time movies…classy…not like a sailor on leave.” 7 likes
“I tore off another chuck of muffin and stared down at my chest. I shrugged and dabbed the muffin in the cum and popped it in my mouth. "I can't believe you just did that!" "Yeah," I snarled up my lip, "didn't quite think that one through all the way.” 7 likes