Start by marking “Bonds of Steel (Law and Crucible Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bonds of Steel (Law and Crucible Saga, #3)

Bonds of Steel

(Law and Crucible Saga #3)

On a routine trip across the asteroid field, the robot, Del, and unregistered AI, Vee, meet trouble. With Captain Law and his crew having been put into stasis, their only chance of survival will mean placing themselves at the mercy of what few resources they have. Without a human to assist them, Del and Vee will be vulnerable and so too will the ship and all the lives on b ...more
Published December 15th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Bonds of Steel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bonds of Steel

Bogdan
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella
For this third one, if you read the previous one in a row, you would understand much better some of the information played.

This one will be part of a Romanian Anthology, Robodiseea, and I`m very glad that I`ve had the chance to read it before aparition.

Two AIs, one a robot, and the other the AI of the captain Law ships meets trouble on a routine trip.

With the crew into sleep stasis the two of them have to resolve a dangerous situation.

I like it!
Liviu
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
After the wonderful installments 1-2

this one is less interesting as it is more of an aside and much shorter (the author explains nicely how this story came about), but I enjoyed it well enough for the quirky characters and dialogue and I am really looking forward to the next installment where the storyline started in #2 actually (as #1 is more of a prologue) will move forward
Milena Reinherz
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kindle
The ending felt a little abrupt, but probably only because I know this is the last book of the saga. Law and his crew, plus Thea and her companion robot turned rogue to escape dismantling, Del, now face a new adventure. Reminiscent of Asimov's Robots series, the main characters in this story seem to be the on-board computer Vee and Del, two AI, one powerful, the other with more limited features but mobile, which surely makes us question how much trust could and should we put in AIs in the future ...more
David Baird
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
The Law and Crucible Saga is made up of 3 short stories. The focus of each is different but one common factor is Captain Law and his crew. Law’s gotten his hands on some information which could be quite valuable but he’s out looking for someone..but who and why?

I enjoyed the series more as I went along. At first I was a little confused as you arrive already into the action so to speak so it’s only as the author give you little bits of info that you piece events together.

When we get to the second
Bill Anderson
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short but exciting

This short story contains new twists. Vee , Del and Thea are the hero's, while the rest of the crew is in stasis. Nothing like a vain AI module, a runaway robot, and a very ill human. The attackers didn't fair so well, even though they were armed. Wonder what Law is going to say after he reviews Del's tapes.
Sam - Spines in a Line
Thank you to the author for a copy of this book to review! You can find more of my reviews on my blog at https://spinesinaline.wordpress.com

Of course a story set in space has got to have cool tech! With this story, we actually get to hear from the perspective of the AI and robot on board, rather than their human handlers. I liked these two as they’re quite the sarcastic pair, a lot of quick banter shared between them.

Honestly though, probably my least favourite of the series just because I didn'
Kristine Hall
This series of novellas/short stories is pitched as a space opera, and that pretty well fits with the settings all primarily on ships in outer space. Each of the three stories stands alone, though the character of Captain Law and some of his crew are in all three stories. Each story starts with a little "stage setting" paragraph to save some time and for readers to be able to jump right into the stories.

Bonds of Steel is the third story in the Law and Crucible Saga, and it is immediately connec
Caron
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Bonds of Steel is the third instalment in the Law and Crucible Saga. Once again, we’re reunited with Captain Law and his crew. There’s a slight twist to this story though, because of complications, the entire crew is put into stasis and the ship is being ‘run’ by Vee, the ship’s AI, and Del, the assisting robot.

I was quite intrigued to see what could possibly happen with Vee and Del in charge, in a sense. We see the events thr
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-reads
As I stated in my review for the previous books, the author is Romanian, so some of the sentence structure and grammar comes across a little funky. Just an FYI - although if you're reading the books in order, you'll already know this. ;)

This third installment of the series is also the shortest, with only five chapters. It occurs an unspecified short-ish length of time after the second novella. The ship's AI, Vee, convinces Captain Law to put himself and all other members of the crew into stasis
Amber Rose (Rose Reviews)
** I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. **

So this book is my least favorite of the Law and Crucible series so far, mainly because of how short it was. However, as short as it was I did still enjoy the story. It left more questions open about what happened to Nia, but I liked how the this story focused more on Vee, the AI (artificial intelligence), and Del. I find Del to be interesting but Vee got in my nerves. She seems to want to be in control more th
Denise
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-goal
** I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

'Bonds of Steel' was a great short read. The storyline was intriguing. I loved Vee and Del's story. Vee is definitely one you don't want to cross. Especially since she's an AI that also has full control of the ship. Thea turned out to be quote efficient in a stressful situation. I look forward to reading more of the 'Law and Crucible' series.
Teri
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed the series as we come on book three of Law and his merry band they are in stasis leaving the ship to the AI's on board. What trouble can some robots cause? You'll never guess. Once again Ioana takes us on a great journey in her writing.
Robyn
Nov 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Very short, but very good sci-fi story.
Ovidiu
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
It's not bad, but way too short and lets you kind of disappointed. The characters deserved more development.
Paul Higgins
Evan
Oct 08, 2016
Tera Comer
Jul 25, 2017
Award-winning writer Ioana Visan has always dreamed about reaching the stars, but since she can’t, she writes about it.

After fighting the apocalypse aftermath in “Human Instincts”, she played with shapeshifters in “Blue Moon Café Series: Where Shifters Meet for Drinks”, she dealt with vampires in “The Impaler Legacy” series, and then she designed prosthetics in “Broken People” before tackling lon

Law and Crucible Saga (3 books)
  • No Port to Land (Law and Crucible Saga, #1)
  • Point of Origin (Law and Crucible Saga, #2)