Start by marking “Dark Past” as Want to Read:
Dark Past

Dark Past

Isabella Lovino moved to New York City to hide from the demons of her past, leaving everyone behind. Her troubled history makes it difficult to get a job, but when an opportunity comes up to work at an architectural firm, she takes it. On her first day of work she bumps into a stranger on the street and her whole world changes.
The gorgeous Jason Hart owns his own architec
Published October 28th 2015 by Cataldo

To ask other readers questions about Dark Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Past

Start your review of Dark Past
Martha Sweeney
I liked it. The story overall was good and would have had a lot more potential if it was developed a little further. Many new writers don't have much of a plot line, but Laurie had something different from the norm which is good.

Not bad for a first-time author (I've seen some stuff that's not so good). If she continues to hone in on writing and structuring, she'll become an author that will draw the attention of many readers for years to come.
Cora Murray
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great love story.. I mean who wouldn't want a man that's loved you since college, even though you have no clue who he is. Isabella is beaten and bruised and is letting her life go by, while hiding from a very dangerous man. She keeps her head down and she's decided this is her life. But when Jason sees her again, he knows he has to hire her at his company.. He's a very successful architect and runs a huge business. Bella finds herself in a hard place when she's attracted to him and keeps imagi ...more
Stacy Stewart
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really suspenseful and intriguing book.

I have read lots of books with stalking and crazy ex boyfriends but I do believe David takes the award for the craziest and most evil.

I loved Bella's spirit and determination to go on with her life after everything that she went through. I also felt the author portrayed her mental state in a very realistic way.

I loved how Jason was so in love with Bella that he would do whatever it took to protect her.

I highly recommend this book!
Clarice
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Past is a short but action packed book. Filled with love, lust, and plenty of suspense, it feels like a much longer book packed into a smaller one. Bella is a woman haunted by her past and ex-boyfriend. As she hides out in New York, she meets Jason. She doesn't remember but the two of them have a history. Just as their relationship is gearing up, her ex begins slinkin around again, looking for opportunities. And he's out for blood. I enjoyed reading this book. I especially enjoyed the suspe ...more
2OCC Reviews
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessica
A few things drew me into this book. First it was the fact that the heroine is on the run from her past and then it was that the hero is the owner of the company she worked for. Both are huge draw points.

Isabella was trying to move on, and you could see how strong willed she was. She may be scared but I love how feisty she was.

Jason is a white knight in a fancy suit and I love how he was so protective of Bella. He was his own person, smart, sexy, and a dirty mouth that could make your grandma
Serena Worker
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Isabella is trying to escape her past and moves away from everyone. On the way to her new job she notices a handsome man who she later finds out is Jason her new boss.
When her nightmares return she tries to shake them off but continually bumps into Jason Hart. Deciding to head out with her new friend Jen.
Whenever her past triggers her Jason is always there to help her through it, after a steamy kiss, Bella decides she may have reconsider her non-dating policy.
When Bella’s nightmares
Missy Harton
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"If I can't have you all to myself, no one else will."

*****5 DANGEROUSLY DARK STARS*****
***WARNING...the contents of this read are at times extremely violent. If you're a victim of physical/sexual abuse; read with caution***

This is my first journey through the intense words of storytelling by L A Cataldo! A 5 STAR experience that had me on the edge of my seat! It wouldn't surprise me to if this author had difficulty writing some of these horrible scenes; however (fo
Nancy
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books is a bit fast paced and jumps right into Isabella's life. Her mysterious past and how she tries to get past it has you hooked. Her chemistry with Jason is great, absolutely love him. It's great how he doesn't give up when it comes to Isabella. All characters are well develop and just wish we got to know some a bit more. Overall this book has a great plot and storyline. This was my first book of this author and I'm looking forward to more.
Amanda  B Gillespie
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sass-promotions
Who wouldn't want to find someone that has loved you forever yet you didn't even realize they existed until that one fateful moment, when you fall on your face in front of him? But it gets better, then you find out he is none other than your new boss!
If only that was the worst of your problems. Add crazy stalker, attempted murder and love that could outlast eternity and you have a recipe for heaven or hell.

For a first time author, Ms Cataldo more than exceeded my expectations and I'
Shannon Godwin
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that for a beginner, LA Cataldo does a great job! I loved the romance with the suspense. I can't wait to read her next book. I read this book in one sitting. It will keep you drawn in from the first page. I have to warn you that this book is heartbreaking reading what Bella had to go through. Jason was great! The writing in this book is great. I can't wait to see how much more Cataldo grows with her next book!
Lola Donnelley
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received"Dark Past" by L. A. Cataldo in a Facebook contest. It is a suspenseful, intense, romance that has you sitting on the edge of your seat Follow Isabella and Jason on a nail biting courtship . I started this story in the morning and finished it in the afternoon. I couldn't put it down.
Ava Danielle
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a suspenseful and wild ride. I never knew what was coming at times and often I would get upset at the main characters but grow to love them again. It was definitely a story filled with excitement! You could tell from their first meeting, there was chemistry, me as the reader could feel the tension.

I look forward to reading more L.A. Cataldo books!!! ;)
Gemma
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable love story that really drew me in from the very start of the story. There was so many moments within the story that i wasn't expecting and was so shocked when they happened. The main characters within he story was so enjoyable. I could not put this story down once I was starting reading it and enjoyed it from start to end.
kathy Hennig
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I could not put it down! The story was realistic and well written. I hope there Will be a sequel.
Becky 'Simonis' Uhlman
great book. couldn't put it down. romantic yet thrilling. a must read!!!!!!
R yatsko
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A suspenseful, hot, thrilling read...

.....with a sexy suit wearing alpha...

.....with dirty mouth...

Intriguing plot, the characters felt real..
...love this story...
Brenda  Kness
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good romantic suspense. I really love that there is a past with the characters and the way it wove into the story. It's an edge of your seat kind of read and a few teary eyed scenes. You just have to know what is going to happen next. I really liked these two characters attraction and the romance that comes of it. Jason is just a swoonworthy guy.

I think it's around the halfway mark that something happened and my stomach dropped and I was like "OMG OMG OMG" and just had to keep
Whitney Cannavina
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for an honest review

Isabella and Jason are both hiding secrets. Hers are secrets of a dark Past with pain, hurt, and a move for a new start. Jason is hiding what he knows from Isabella hoping she figures it out on her own. But her past is coming back to haunt her and now both their secrets will be unveiled.

The characters meshed well but I felt That at times it was forced. And other times to easy and fast. However the story itself was interesting and kept us wanting
Shakera
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bella is being stalked by her crazy ex-boyfriend, so she moves to New York and meets Jason, not realizing she has already met him before. What I loved about this story, you get exactly what the description says. I thought Jason and Bella were great together. I thought Bella was sweet and sincere, Jason was protective and brilliant and flirty. They were really perfect for each other. I would have loved a dual POV for this book. I think that would have made this absolutely perfect.
Bridgett Brown
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short story not to long. Isabella ran to New York. She needed to hid from her past. But starting over isn’t easy. She finally lands a job. As she goes to her 1st day of work, she sees the most handsome man she has ever seen. Then she falls literally in front of him. She’s such a clumsy person, daydreaming about a guy she seen on the street. Come to find out that man is her new boss. Will she be able to get over her dark past and live again?
Good story, I enjoyed reading it.
Denise Van plew
This is a first time in reading anything from this author. The allure of mystery was a big factor it also one of the things that kept me in it also. You will become intwined in Isabella and Jason's lives especially when theirs meet. The air of mystery hangs over them thanks to a dark cover one used for hiding too. Heat slowly seeps in too fusing us more into this then we expected. Carefully you are pulled to the edge by drama but you are already in it until the end.
Sherry
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me and overall a good story. Bella and Jason's story is suspenseful and romantic. I just felt like the story and conversation between the characters didn't flow well. I feel this author has a lot of potential and her books will only get better.
Sandra Loves Reading
This is L A Cataldo's first book and it's very well written.
However, I found that too much happened too quickly and the characters lacked depth. I would have given 3 stars for the content but for the writing, it has to be 4.
I'm going to read the next book though.
Kelly - Words We Love By
I love suspense and mystery add in some romance and a hot guy and you have a combination for a great book and this is that kind of book. You would never know this was L.A. Cataldo's debut book. Can't wait to see all she has to offer.
Sahara
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great surprise. Didn’t know what to expect but I love it.
Jo Lawless
The story had a good premise. The execution needs work.
Chrissi
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was 3.5 star for me. The storyline had so much potential, but it felt super rushed.
Michelle
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was drawn in from the first page. I really enjoyed the characters and the story progression. And the swoon worthy Jason.
J. C.  Red

This wasn't too bad, and I can definitely see the potential. But, it also needs a lot of work in my opinion. There might be some spoilers in this review, so proceed at own risk:)

It really needs an editor. The grammar, the very liberal sprinkling of exclamation points, as well as the almost constant usage of characters' names during conversations made this a bit awkward to read. I felt like they were constantly shouting (even when whispering, at one point!) and the dialogue seemed very unnatural, since prisk:)

It

• Hidden Scars
  • Deadly Hunt (Deadly #1)
  • Just Friends
  • The Dark Alpha (Dark Brothers Trilogy #1)
  • Learning to Live (Infinite Love, #1)
  • Thirty Days Part 1 (Thirty Days, #1)
  • The Predator Part One
  • Pleasure (Pleasure Pain or Purpose, #1)
  • Bad Elements: Crystal Dragon (Bad Elements #1)
  • Writing My Own Destiny
  • Hopelessly Devoted (Bayou Devils MC 1)
  • Into the Light (Lightkeeper #1)
  • Thirty Days Part 2 (Thirty Days, #2)
  • Night Walker (Undeadly Secrets, #1)
  • The Falling of Grace (Falling, #2)
  • Derailed
  • My Cowboy (My Cowboy #1)
  • The Falling of Hope (Falling, #3)
L. A. Cataldo's books combine romance, thriller, and suspense with a touch of humor. Her approach to writing is fast-paced love, some dark and emotional impact. They're engaged to grab you and keep you wanting.

She is a romantic at heart. She believes that a true romance can become reality. Or maybe in one's dreams.

She lives in Wisconsin with her husband and two sons, and a bunch of dogs running