Start by marking “Second Chance Christmas” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Christmas

Second Chance Christmas

He'll take any chance to win her back...

Prominent DC attorney Emma Taylor is pulled away from a promising date the week before Christmas to pick up her ex-fiance from the ER after a bar fight. She's in no mood to re-open old wounds, but it’s Christmas and she can’t just leave him alone and injured.

Eight hundred eighty-four days. That’s how much time has passe
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 86 pages
Published November 25th 2013 by Entangled: Select Contemporary

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance Christmas

Start your review of Second Chance Christmas
Claire Robinson
2.5 - "Going down this road will only bring regrets..." Stars.

If you are looking for a heavy dose of cheese with your Christmas reading, then you are likely to enjoy Second Chance Christmas, don't get me wrong it was an easygoing read, but I found some of the authors language use a little on the overly flowery side, and I really struggled to get on-board with a mature and supposedly educated couple (Lawyer and Major in the US Army) having the pet names of Buttercup & Teddy Bear.

There were moments
Carrie
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Emma Taylor and Major Colton Evans haven't seen each other in over two years since the two had a huge argument and broke their engagement. When Emma receives a call from the hospital that Colton had been in an accident and she was still listed as his emergency contact she picks him up in the middle of the night and invites him to stay at her place while he recovers.

I actually enjoyed most of this story between Emma and Colton, I'm just not really sure if I would have been wanting Emma to forgiv
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
3.5 stars.

You can read this and other reviews at Madison Says

Second Chance Christmas is your typical second chance at love romance novella set during, you guessed it, the Christmas season. Emma is a successful junior partner at a prominent D.C. law firm. She’s worked extremely hard to get to where she is. Especially in the last two years–since her split with Colton, an extremely sexy, yet temperamental Army officer. He’d long ago had his ring on her finger. She thought he’d be her forever, until the night/>Second
Nicola
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second Chance Christmas is a short, sweet and heart-warming festive read told in the first person from the heroine’s POV.

“It’s been eight hundred and eight-four days, since we split.”

Emma and Colton were both likeable and a chemistry only a couple with a history can bring, it's evident from the start that they are meant to be together. However with Emma focussed on her career as an attorney and Colton deciding what path his career will take following the injuries he sustained during his last d
Jen
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ebook was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Second Chance Christmas is a holiday novella about a couple who get one more shot at mending fences and proving to themselves and each other if they're really meant to be together and was written by author Ellen Butler. The issues that led them to end their engagement don't really exist this time around because of Colton's physical situation. There are m
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a short, sexy and romantic read. It is a simple tale that is both realistic and hopeful. I liked that it was wider than just two people, and it describes perfectly what happens when two people split up, and their friends are also split. It is not difficult to understand why they parted, nor why they might take a second chance. Make yourself a drink and curl up and have a very enjoyable read.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Irene
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars

Second Chance Christmas was a good second chance read.
It was cute, sweet and heartwarming watching Emma and Colton reconnect and finding their HEA.

Thank you Entangled Flirt via Netgalley for the advance copy.
RaeLatte
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If your ex-fiancé was injured and you were their emergency call, what would you do? For Emma, her ex happens to be a man whom she loved deeply but career and duty got in the way.

Sometimes a relationship becomes too comfortable and the conversation mundane. For these two lucky souls it will take a little bit of faith, a rekindling of a still burning love and the ability to listen to determine if their love can handle a second chance.

Will Emma finally be able to celebrate Christmas?
Stephanie Cage
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was half-way sold on Second Chance Christmas before I read a word of it. The title gave a strong indication of the type of love story it would be, and second chance love stories are among my favourites. Reading the blurb and opening sentences convinced me further that it was a book I would enjoy reading and reviewing. Second Chance Christmas features a hot military hero and a feisty lawyer heroine. The writing immediately draws the reader in, using the senses and raising more questions than it ...more
Sapphyria
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colton Evans is a Major in the U.S. Army. After surviving a IED blast, he comes back to the United States only to become an innocent bystander in a bar fight. The hospital checks him Emergency Contact and calls the one person from his past that he should have never let go.

Emma Taylor can't believe it when the hospital calls her on behalf of a patient they have. After parting ways with Colton Evans 2 years ago, he's the last person she ever expected to hear from. Their engagement was
Angie
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013, adult
I've only read a couple of military romances, but Second Chance Christmas seems to be too heavy on the military and really light on the romance. It actually read like a crash course in military life from the perspective of an almost army wife. Emma and Colton had broken up two years ago, when he sprung a move on her, and she refused to give up her career to go with him. Now, he's back from a tour, gotten into a bar fight, and she picks him up from the hospital since he still has her listed as an emergenc ...more
Mignon Mykel
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

For a second chance holiday novella, I thought Ellen Butler did a pretty good job. When working with second chance stories, there's already knowledge in the other person, so as a reader, you don't need to worry about the characters getting to know one another. To make this one's timeline even more believable, Emma and Colt have only been broken up for a few years -- a few years in which they were both adults -- so I can't
LJT
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Second Chance Christmas by Ellen Butler is a fast-paced, well written novella that can be read in just a couple of hours. It is the story of successful Washington DC attorney Emma Taylor and decorated Army Major Colton Evans. They were engaged to each other a little over two years ago, but ended things when their respective careers took precedence over their future together.

Colton returned from deployment an injured man and now he may have a concussion because he was hurt while witne
Judy
Second Chance Christmas is a novella that lives up to it's name. Okay, yes, the cover is what completely caught my eye at first, but then I read the title. Christmas is the ultimate time to believe in miracles, forgiveness and good will toward men. Then I had a bit of name recognition on the author, and I decided that this was one that I would have to pick up.

The bulk of the book is just Emma and Colton. They were engaged years before and broke up when Colton didn't tell Emma about p
Cheryl Sanders
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Colton and Emma's story. They've been broken up for over two years and Emma's still his I.C.E. contact in his phone, which is why she was called to pick him up from the ER. He was in a bar drinking a soda and was collateral damage in a bar fight and ended up with a cut on the head and a concussion. He's also a soldier on medical leave for taking shrapnel to the leg. She offers to let him stay with her and they are able to talk and get closure to the relationship they once had. It also cl ...more
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
While out on a date Emma gets a call from the ER at a local hospital saying her ex-fiance needs picked up. Colton is still recovering from a leg injury he got overseas while working in the military and was in the wrong place at the wrong time during a fight that broke out in a bar. When Emma picks him up she insists he stay with her while he is on the mend. They both have emotional baggage but it isn't long before they start feeling the attraction again.

I thought this one was a littl
R.J. Garside
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a heart-warming Christmas read that will get you in the spirit of the season. It is a fast-paced, well written novella with strong characters and a realistic plot line. This is the first military romance that I've read and I was pleasantly surprised by it and will be checking out more.

The heroine is attorney Emma Taylor and the hero Army Major Colton Evans. Emma is a strong heroine, which are the types of heroines that I enjoy reading. She can definitely hold her own and makes her pair
Calatasde
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Lynn Brooks
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book had a good premise, but I felt like it moved along too fast. It was a short novella length type, and I think would have been much more enjoyable had it been a full length which would have given room to explore their past, and redevelop their relationship deeper.

Emma Taylor is a prominent DC attorney, and is surprised to be called in the middle of the night to pick up her ex-fiance from the Emergency Room after a bar fight.

Major Colton Evans has just gotten out o
Samantha
Second Chance Christmas is a sweet second chance romance that is a quick read and makes you want to say awe.......

Colton is in the Army, his job is intelligence and serving his country means everything to him. Until an accident happens and he realizes losing the love of his life two years ago was the worse thing that could have happened to him.

Emma is still bitter over that break up with Colton. It was nasty and she wont let anyone close to her. A call in the middle of the night to
Paris
I really enjoy second chance romances and this one was definitely an enjoyable read. It was short and sweet and pretty well written. I did miss getting to enjoy the sexy times between Emma and Colt. There was definite heat and tension between them from the beginning and it would have been nice to get that payoff instead of the fade to black. I really liked watching them find each other again. Thank goodness for emergency contacts in cell phones.

I really liked that their friends who E
Kassiah
2 stars.

This review also appears on Pretty Sassy Cool.

Second chance at love, a hot military guy, and a holiday romance all rolled into one? Sign me up! Well, that's how I felt when I picked up Second Chance Christmas by Ellen Butler. Unfortunately, it was pretty meh for me.

When Emma picks up Colton from the hospital, he's determined to make her see how much he regrets their break-up. Emma says Colton should spend the holidays with her to convalesce, and you know what happens then.
Kristin (These Pretty Words)
Originally reviewed on These Pretty Words.

Honestly, this was one of my least favorite stories to read from the new Flirt line. Great premise, decent plot, but the writing was so not for me. Way too many “I” statements in a row (I did this. I did that. I walked here.), too much thesaurus diving at times and way way too many adjectives.

I’m sure there are people out there that will love the bit of romance between Colton and Emma – people that will appreciate talk of the surgical adhe
Calm Your Pits
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
*** This ARC was received from Entangled Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review***

Nice short sweet story about a lost love being found again. Emma knows what she wants and sticks to it. She walked away because she thought that was the right thing to do, but looking back she may have been a bit hasty about the break. She is more willing to bend after being reminded how much she missed Colton.
Colton gives his all for his country and then some. Fate brought him b
Becky
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one a whole lot, with only a few reservations. I loved that Colt knew to the day how long he and Emma had been apart--right from the beginning that had me in his corner. I stayed firmly there throughout the whole novella, rooting him on. Emma, while I did like her character, seemed to be too hung up on how she thought everyone would be perceiving her because of what had happened eight hundred and eighty-four days ago--it just didn't seem in keeping with her prominent attorney person ...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

Told in first person from the point of view of Emma Taylor, Second Chance Christmas is a lovely story of love the second time around. Engaged to be married, Emma Taylor and Major Colton Evans were both rising stars in their chosen career fields. Over two years ago, eight hundred eighty-four days to be exact, the two broke up after Colton assumed Emma was going to put off her career and follow him to his next base assignment.
Dísir
When a man knows the exact number of days since he's driven the love of his life away, he probably deserves that second chance. At least, that's the premise of this short story, when the woman in question is called to the hospital unexpectedly to pick up an ex-fiancé she has never forgotten or really gotten over.

A pretty good second-chance novella that was easy to breeze through, and while I loved how much ground Colton has covered to win back the woman he lost, I had my reservations still abou
Kerry
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I tend to love a military story, it provides so much potential and a lot of possible drama. It lead to Emma and Colton being not quite married. When they broke their engagement Emma gave up their mutual friends. When Colton is injured and the hospital contacts Emma she decides to help him. They begin to reconcile.

This book had some good potential however the use of nether regions and pet names (bear and buttercup) that got thrown in randomly was a bid off putting.

Book provided generously from
Angel Hatfield
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Story and Characters Emma was a lawyer and had been at a piano concert. She was called to pick up her ex-fiance Colton. He had been in the ER so she did pick him up. Colton was in the Army and had been hurt and got into a fight. He had been in a different until that morning.
For being a short story, it was thorough. I loved it, the plot, the characters, everything, and the twists and turns, which allowed Emma and Colton to find happiness. I highly recommend.
**I received an A
Beverly
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts:
This is a sweet love story. The cover doesn't portray what the inside holds for the reader. I fell in love with the characters on the first page and read the story straight through in one sitting (it is short, but so good). I am a sap when it comes to Christmas stories, but this one truly is wonderfully done. The quantity of pages is small but the quality of the writing is not. Each characters seems to have been well thought out, carefully fit into just the right place in the s
Goodreads Authors...: WIN - $25 Amazon or B&N Gift Card 1 9 Nov 26, 2013 01:52PM
Ellen Butler is bestselling novelist writing critically acclaimed suspense and award winning romance novels. Coming in May- the first Karina Cardinal Mystery, about a intelligent D.C. lobbyist with a sharp wit, and a curiosity to rival Jessica Fletcher into. Karina’s inquisitiveness pulls her into one adventure after another occasionally putting herself or those she loves into danger. Ellen is als ...more