Start by marking “Branded (Inked #2)” as Want to Read:
Branded (Inked #2)

Branded

(Inked #2)

Eric Smith returns to the world of Inked in this adventurous new sequel. No longer a sheltered farmboy, Caenum is caught in the crossfire of the rebellion he ignited. As the final battle with the Citadel approaches, he must choose his own destiny one last time…or let the Citadel choose it for him.
Published October 25th 2016 by Bloomsbury Spark

To ask other readers questions about Branded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Branded

Eric Smith
Nov 25, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
The sequel! It's happening!
Sheila Goicea
I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

DNFing at 40%

I had a difficult time getting through Inked, the first book in the series. However, I was interested by the overall idea and stuck it out. Starting Branded, I just found myself not being interested enough to stick with the story. The first 30% mainly talks about one instance, and I simply lost interest.

I was looking for more general world building, but it simply doesn't happen. I think readin
Rachel Marie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I loved Inked, so when I heard there was a sequel I was very excited to continue this story. Unfortunately, this story fell way flat for me. Although it kept me interested enough at the time to continue reading it, even now trying to write this review I find that I'm having a hard time even remembering what happened.

The story starts a few months after the ending of the first. Caenum is leading the rebellion, and they are going from town to town, spreading the rebellion and freeing the conduits.
Bev
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting to read this follow up to Inked for a while and I'm happy that I enjoyed it just as much as the first book. Caenum is older now and art of a band of fighters who want to take down the powerful Citadel. The death of one of my favourite characters early on in the book left me in tears and there are more moments of pathos and loss throughout the story. Action packed and magical, the tale kept my interest all the way, I loved it.
Stephanie
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first received this book I was STOKED. Inked (the first novel) was an absolute amazing novel and I was incredibly excited to see what was going to happen next!

Reading this novel however, I found both good and bad surprises. Starting with the bad news, I found that I preferred the first novel to Branded. Inked was full of world building and although Branded introduces some new characters I didn't feel like enough of the world was developed for the reader. This sucked because the settings s
Marybeth
Corey Klauder
Jan 12, 2016
Melissa
Jan 15, 2016
Eric Smith is an author, blogger, and literary agent from New Jersey.

His Young Adult books include the Inked duology (Bloomsbury), the anthology Welcome Home (Flux), The Girl & the Grove (Flux), and the forthcoming Reclaim the Sun (2020, Inkyard Press / Harlequin Teen).

His first non-fiction, The Geek's Guide to Dating, was published with Quirk Books in December 2013. It was an Indiebound bests

Inked (2 books)