Start by marking “Finding Sam” as Want to Read:
Finding Sam

Read Book

Finding Sam

We've all been there - that moment when it's darkest before the dawn and all hope is gone. But when the dawn does come, can we let go of the past that we hold onto no matter how painful? Or do we learn to let go, so we can move on to something better, that life we truly deserve?

ebook
Published (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Sam, please sign up.
Heather Mcdade I can't speak for Goodreads but I doubt see why their story wouldn't be featured but IN HIS HEART (A FINDING SAM NOVELLA) is the story between Josh…moreI can't speak for Goodreads but I doubt see why their story wouldn't be featured but IN HIS HEART (A FINDING SAM NOVELLA) is the story between Josh and Olivia. (less)

Start your review of Finding Sam
Kiera
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance
**I received this book for free on Instafreebie**

Finding Sam was a fascinating story about an abused woman with a terrible past who had the chance at a nicer life when she meets a young Doctor named Erik.

Sam is a rich character who has to contend with many negative forces in her life, including her own negative thoughts. I completely relate to Sam and the way she second guessing everything that was starting to be good in her life. I have been there.

Erik was a decent character and w
Coco.V
Nov 17, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on iBooks today (11/17/2018)!💝

Blurb:
For single mother Sam Martin, her life as far as she knows it, is broken - broken by a painful past she can’t let go of and a best friend gone too soon.

But when she meets Erik Maystrom, a community clinic doctor who accepts her just the way she is - scars, juvie records and even the constant self-doubt - she knows that accepting his love is not going to be enough to live the life she deserves. For to move on with her life, she needs to let go of
Beth
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book by far by this author. The plot was enthralling and every chapter was exciting to read. I would recommend this book to anyone I know!
Alexia
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read Liz Madrid's Finding Sam on Wattpad and was immediately pulled into the world of Sam Martin, a talented but troubled young woman. Although she has survived abuse and heartache, she has found the means to move forward and change her circumstances while pursuing her love of painting. With a young child to protect and support, it's difficult for Sam to trust anyone, even the evidently kind and loving doctor, Erik Maystrom, who enters her life unexpectedly.

Erik is willing to give
Beth Carpenter
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding Sam isn't a lighthearted read. Sam has been through serious neglect and abuse from most of the people she should be able to trust, and she'd still struggling with a dangerous ex. There have been people in her life that helped her turn it around, but she's lost them. The story is written in Sam's point of view, and to me one of the most chilling parts of the story is the matter-of-fact way she relates the horrible things she has suffered, as though they were nothing extraordinary.
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
This is one heck of a story that was originally done in two parts, and I could see why. It is a long read but also a very good read and one that held my interest throughout.

Over all I really enjoyed the story although I did become irritated by the repetitiveness of the ‘I’m not worthy’ story line. To be honest I’m surprised Erik didn’t dump Sam, he put up with a lot of wavering and distrust from her. That said I could totally understand Sam’s lack of self-worth, and I did genuinely l
Margaret Watkins
A tragic story, but one with light at the end of the tunnel. With her life spinning out of control, Sam cannot believe that she is worth being loved and her ex husband exploits this to the extreme. However, even the most broken life has moments of light and new discoveries. In Sam's case her first breakthrough came when she met Rosie, the second was when she was taken under Eunice's wing and the third when Erik came to her rescue whilst out jogging. Each of these people in turn brought hope into ...more
Fiona Leung
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding Sam by Liz Durano is quite a dark novel with themes that readers might not be comfortable with, but alongside that, it also contains a lot of raw emotions from the narrator Sam.

Sam has suffered a marriage breakdown with a man who abused her. She has successfully divorced from him but he is constantly finding ways to threaten her. When Sam met Erik, things started changing for the good. It was all too good to be true, was what Sam thought, and she was unwilling to accept it. G
Linda
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great novel from Liz Durano. I've read three previous books and she always comes up with a winner story. This one focuses on the budding relationship between Sam, a divorced artist and single mom who is trying to cope with an abusive ex and the emotional scars of her failed marriage, and Erik, an MD first attracted by her paintings. As in her previous work, Durano's secondary characters are well fleshed out and her main protagonists are flawed souls with trauma and sadness from their pas ...more
Amy Johnson
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub
I really enjoyed reading Finding Sam by Liz Durano. It feels odd to say I enjoyed reading something with such a heavy story line, but the way she wrote it made it very real and it connected to me as a reader without being too overwhelming.
I'm fairly new to this author, I've read a few of her other books and I've found a nice freshness in her writing style and they way she develops her characters and plot lines. The stories are unique and well written and I will continue to look for her fut
Marbea Logan
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a captivating and inspirational story! There's no happily ever after in reality, just a daily adventure into the next realm of healing and repair. You should never look back, only forward. I don't want to call out the characters flaws and mistakes in this book, because they're not the main issue. The main issues were finding the strength and purpose to live, not just for others sake but for yourself. Every character in this book had a mental health disorder whether underlying or full bl ...more
Ellen
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read several books by this author and this was my favorite so far. Its a long book but it never seemed like it. I was hooked from the first page to the last.

This was a gripping, emotional, real story. Sam's life has not been easy to say the least. Life has taught her that those closest to her will not stay and will hurt her.

When she meets Erik she has a real shot at happiness for the first time if she can accept it.

I really liked that the author took he
BP34
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a heartfelt story of Sam, a single mother of a two year old who has endured heartbreak, sadness and an abusive and controlling ex. Written from Sam's POV, she appears numb to the many horrible things that have happened in her life. She's truly a broken soul who's life is changed when she meets two twins, Olivia and Erik. They help her reestablish her love of and joy in painting. Erik becomes her prince charming and it's very emotional as you watch Sam deal with her ever changing emotions. A ...more
Heather Mcdade
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Makes my heart smile

This book was amazing. While reading the end, I had goosebumps. It's like a modern day Cinderella. Only with real issues that are common in today's world. I loved how the end was a "happily ever after, but will still have problems". Now if I could just find me my very own Erik...
Pat
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written storyline with well developed characters that gripped me from the very beginning. I absolutely loved Sam and Erik together, they made me feel like I was peeking through their window and watching as their story unfolded!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Evelyn
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding Sam is the tale of finding oneself and accepting your true worth. Liz' story always hits me in the soft spot.
Jennifer Baysinger
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A heartfelt, suspenseful story of hope. A lover found, and hopeful ending.
Mei
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book that I have read from Liz Durano. It certainly did not disappoint. I actually chose to read this book because of my familiarity with her other book. Like every book she probably writes, she captures so much feelings and emotions into this book. My emotions were all over the place because I cared so much about the protagonist, Sam. Sam has been through A LOT. She is a domestic violence survivor. I think from just knowing that fact alone we know she is strong, courageous, r ...more
Tracey
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional book to read. It was not a pretty life meeting another pretty life and life just got even prettier. If you are looking for that kind of book, keep looking because this is not the one you want. It was realistic and beautifully written. It dealt with real life issues like and how everyone deals with those issues in their own way. I felt all the angst and love and pain right along with both of the main characters and their friends and family. The ending wasn't forced, it was s ...more
Leah
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book written by Liz Durano.
I feel so many emotions reading it, and broke my heart too many times, I actually sob while reading it and now, making a review I feel someone's squeezing my heart.
It's all about finding yourself again, picking up up every piece of it, and finding someone who will cherish and love you. Everyone has it own flaws you just need someone to understand.
A really must read..
Grab a copy and you will never be disappointed.
Lexy
Wendy Zwin
Sep 03, 2016
Kevin Hogan
Feb 23, 2016
Liz wrote her first story in eighth grade, a serial drama that was sneakily distributed throughout her homeroom classroom until the teacher got hold of it and she almost got suspended (turns out it was NSFW taboo). As a result, the principal transferred her to the Poetry Club so she could work all the angst out of her system.

Fast forward 2014 and Liz published her first book, Finding Sam, which was f
“...shame can do things to people’s minds. It warps them from the truth, allowing them only to see what they want to see.” 0 likes