Start by marking “Ascendancy (The Van Winkle Project, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ascendancy (The Van Winkle Project, #2)

Ascendancy

(The Van Winkle Project #2)

I’ve been lied to, deceived, and manipulated—again. You’d think I’d be treated with dignity and respect. I’m the one who’s supposed to save humanity, right? I’m the one with the power to re-populate this dying world. But the clones want to control me, force me to give birth over and over again. And my daughters will face the same fate—unless I change it.

My awakening into t
Published November 30th 2015 by Entangled: TEEN

To ask other readers questions about Ascendancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascendancy

Krystianna
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ascendancy was an absolute whirlwind of a novel. The book follows Cassie, who has had three kids-a set of twins and a daughter named Victoria. It starts off with her traveling to Tasma, which is Tasmania. She's traveling with Victoria and her boyfriend, Michael. The three of them have been living unbanded and think that Tasma would be a better place to continue the Van Winkle project themselves where they are in control.

I seriously felt so bad for Cassie through a lot of this! She has a set of t
Andrea: BookStoreFinds
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ascendancy was a crazy whirlwind of a book. Fast paced and filled with twists and turns. The book follows Cassie who in book 1 was brought back to life as the new EVE to re-populate the planet being the only fertile woman alive. Cassie has 3 kids, a daughter and a set of twins whom she hasen't ever seen.

Cassie travels to Tasma in book 2 with her daughter and boyfriend Michael to continue the Van Winkle project on their own. Unfortunately, they wont have it that easy.

Cassie is from the 21st cen
Ria
Full Review @http://www.abookishescape.com/2015/11...

The End, with help from unlikely sources Cassie and Michael come face to face with one of their most wanted moments. I wasn’t sure these two would survive but they manage the impossible. Things aren’t all hunky dory but they are on their way to the beginning where Cassie wants to do things on her own terms. There is a lot of things going on in the background that I want to see resolved and come to light. I highly recommend this series as it is
heather - NightlyReading
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
nightlyreading

Wow Oh Wow!!!

I thought that nothing could top the first book in this series and then I read this one!

Cass & Michael are still on the run trying to avoid being captured by The Van Winkle Project coordinators and the government. I love them together and really enjoy the love that they feel for Victoria! All while reading, I try to imagine a world like this one and I have such a hard time with all that they have to go through especially Cassie. I can't imagine having to be forced to bear child
T.H. Hernandez
3.5 Stars. This review includes spoilers for Mirror X. Please don't continue if you haven't read the first book in the series.

Ascendancy picks up right where Mirror X leaves off. Cassie and Michael are on their way to Tasmania to hopefully be reunited with their twin daughters and run The Van Winkle Project under their own terms. Almost immediately, Cassie senses something is off, and she's not wrong. Where the first book took some time to build, Ascendancy starts off with a bang that launches C
Suey_Library
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during a blog tour with InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

And we are back! Whew. Who is ready for it? I know I am comrades!

ASCENDANCY was definitely a bit of fresh air after reading MIRROR X. There was more emotional rollarcoaster's that this book took the reader for, there was more character depth shown and I felt there was a better steadiness to the pacing.

Something that I felt really struck out this time about Cassie was that she was embraci
Marjolein

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Last year I read, liked and reviewed Mirror X, the first book in the Van Winkle Project series. Van Winkle refers to a short story by Washington Irving about a man who wakes after twenty years and finds the world has completely changed.

In the last book, Cassie was awakened ten centuries after she died and found herself (and the daughter's she gave birth to while in some kind of a coma) the only fertile female in the world. Obvi
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Fast-paced with plenty of action, kangaroos and crocodiles. Interesting premise about a future world where only one girl - Cassie - and her three daughters and her three IVF babies are the only fertile females on the planet. I feel uncomfy about the fact that she was impregnated while unconscious though.
Sasha Hibbs
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow... Stunning. Harrowing. Beautiful. Review to follow with tour.
Wendy
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Ascendancy” the next compelling book in the “Van Winkle Project” trilogy opens in Tasma where Cassie, Victoria and Dr. Michael Bennett have sought refuge with the support of the President of Region Three, Shen-Lung who’s agreed that they will head up the Van Winkle Project on their terms. Celebrating the future cloning project and the signing of a treaty between the three regions President Shen-Lung has invited not only President Tupolev (Region Two) but the new President of Region One to atten ...more
Zu Reviews
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, despite my two-star review for the first book, I wanted to continue with the series because I still really like the concept and idea behind this series. And I will say, this book was much better in comparison to the first.

I still think it had a lot of problems, and even new ones, but it WAS a read that I couldn't put down, despite the problems. It also gave me more interest in the series as a whole, and I felt like it was going on a better path and was paving the way for a great finale.

My lo
Betty F
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
This has just become one of those read bc i want to know what happens to the kids, they're innocent yo. Cassie and Michael continue to be a mess and I'm over the repetitiveness, they argue, they make up, they make dumb decisions, one has to rescue the other somehow and repeat. This world of going too far with science is such an intriguing premise but its getting bogged down by too much. This secret society feels like too big of an undertaking to develop and resolve this issue of corrupt governme ...more
Ilana
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Title: Ascendancy
Author: Karri Thompson
Publisher/Year: Entangled Publishing 11/30/15
Length: 248 Pages
Series: Van Winkle Project #2

Overview

I've been lied to, deceived, and manipulated-again. You'd think I'd be treated with dignity and respect. I'm the one who's supposed to save humanity, right? I'm the one with the power to re-populate this dying world. But the clones want to control me, force me to give birth over and over again. And my daughters will face the same fate-unless I change it.

My awa
kelly {BookCrushin}
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earc, dystopia, reviewed
Rating: 3.5 stars
“Something big is going to happen, and after it does, you won’t need to hide anymore.”

Ascendancy is the second book in the Van Winkle Project series and it picks up right where book 1, Mirror X, left off. Possible spoilers for book 1 may be included in this review. This was an action-packed sequel & it definitely left me wanting more.

There is so much action to start off and things stayed fast-paced throughout. I was so excited for Cassie and Michael to start off their new Va
Janelle
**I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review**

3 stars

Cassie and Michael’s story picks back up, right where they left off in Mirror X – with them on their way to Tasma to continue the Van Winkle project on their own terms. And while they are out from under the thumb of those running the project, they still don’t feel like they have a lot of people they can trust – even though they feel some sympathy from Region Three’s President Shen-Lung, as he has promis
Roxanne
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of an e-arc from Netgalley and Entangled Teen

This book picks up right where book one ends. Although I will say the way Mirror X ends makes you think Cassie and Michael have been recaptured. Ascendancy is certainly action packed. Cassie and Michael are on the run trying to get back Cassie's twin daughters. They are just barely staying ahead of the opposition.

Cassie continues to be lied to, and let down. She and Michael believe they are going to be reunited with their daughters
Denise Van plew
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I recently wanted a change at times and get into novels that had more story with occasionally hints of romance plus even see what the youth was into. I was given the opportunity to read this one so I snatched it. It is a not read alot storyline for me so refreshing and exciting it became. I do not know if I would of handled it as well as Cassie did and will, but she turned out to be one extra-ordinary girl. Cassie and Michael were on their way to a signing of importance but also to be reunited w ...more
CassieRose
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

After waking up 1000 year in the future Cassie is the only person that can save humanity from its current destiny but yet again she has been lied to and deceived. All Cassie wants is to be treated with a little dignity and respect, which she deserves as the only person that can repopulate the dying world.

Ascendancy does a wonderful job of picking up right where Mirror X left off. I enjoyed this book a lot although at times I felt
Ann
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a super fast paced story and I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had read book 1 first. Since I did not read the first book some of Cassie and Michaels story had holes in it for me, but it did not take me long to get up to speed. I may pick up the first book to fill in some holes, but don't believe it is strictly necessary. This is a very talented new to me author and I will be looking for more books from her in the future.
Charity
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 12 years, 15 days until 13!

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was very interesting!

My favorite character is Cassie because she is resilient and strong, even when her family is taken away she keeps her wits and moves forward.

My favorite part is when Shen-Lung speaks to Cassie at the gifting ceremony.
LadiesMan217
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Liked this book better than the first. Cassie wasn't such a naive bitch in this book, she was more likable. Hope there is going to be a third book. There is right? Feel like this story isn't done yet.
T. Jackson
Noooo! I cannot wait for the next book.
Intense. I was wanting more the second I started reading.
Wow!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!! I loved it.
Bonnie Whitten
Dalysabel
Apr 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fury (The Cure, #1)
  • The Infected (PODs, #2)
  • Changeling Winds (The Bachelor Battles, #2)
  • Dystopia (Dystopia, #1)
  • The Barriers (Breeders #5)
  • The Capture (The Prey, #2)
  • The Ruin of the World (The World Without End, #4)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Children of the Earth (End Times #2)
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)
  • Tomorrow (Yesterday #2)
  • Adversary (They Who Fell #3)
  • The Gleaning (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #2)
  • Dawnbreaker (Legends of the Duskwalker, #3)
  • Filthy for the Night (For the Night, #3)
  • Trusting an Angel
  • Dark Deceit (Dark #1)
  • Secrets & Surrender: Part One (Secrets & Surrender, #1)
Growing up in San Diego, California, Karri Thompson spent much of her years at the beach, reading novels, tanning, and listening to music. At SDSU, she earned a BA in English, MA in education, and her teaching credential. As a wife, mother, and high-school English teacher, she began writing novels, giving all of the compelling plots and unique characters in her head a home. Victorian literature ro ...more

The Van Winkle Project (3 books)
  • Mirror X (The Van Winkle Project, #1)
  • Relegation (The Van Winkle Project, #3)