Start by marking “Heroine Hearts” as Want to Read:

Standalone dark romance.

HEROIN
hɛrəʊɪn
noun
-a highly addictive analgesic drug derived from morphine, often used illicitly as a narcotic producing euphoria.

HEROINE
hɛrəʊɪn
noun
-a woman admired for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

He saw me as one.
I became addicted to the other.

He saw us as forever.
I saw our love story as bittersweet.

Why?
Simple.
It was a

To ask other readers questions about Heroine Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heroine Hearts

Olga therebelreader
This book is twisted and beautiful at the same time...It’s not an easy book to get through and definitely isn’t “light” reading.

Isla has been kidnapped by a drug cartel. She’s heavily abused, badly tortured and used as a sex toy and a drug mule. From the first moment of her meeting with Javier, he makes it plain he likes and desires her. Soon Javier will prove her that an attraction this hot is worth all the risks…

The author is able to convict a lot of raw emotion in very few words. I’m always
Lisa Morgan
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying WOW and ending it with WHAT THE F**K.

This whole story has kept me hooked since the very first page and I absolutely loved it. Kirsty has yet again blown me away with another incredible book. It's left me feeling so incredibly emotional, more emotional than ever. Just as I was getting my hopes up for Isla and Javier she demolished them but oh my god.

Isla's character was incredible, after everything she goes through she's still incredibly strong even though she only sees h
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
This book is gritty, dark and a standalone.

I started it one night and finished it first thing the next morning.

This book consumed me. It sucked me right in.

A night out finds Isla drugged, kidnapped and held captive. My heart bled for Isla. Can she really go through any more pain and heartache?

When Javier enters her life she starts second guessing everything she was forced to believe in.

This story is not for the feint hearted. It's a dark standalone. It will squeeze your heart and then spit yo
Victoria
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heroine Hearts...

Where do I begin... I always say that Kirsty surprises me with each book with her growth and how far she has come as a writer and well Heroine Hearts absolutely blew me away! I am incredibly lucky to be able to beta for Kirsty and I am so glad I am one of the lucky ones who got my claws on this baby first. Kirsty isn't an author to shy away from a hard story line or a sensitive subject and she has done it justice with Heroine Hearts. Whilst reading I certainly had my eyes opened
Annie Hughes
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have no words.
I refuse to believe it.
So.
Much.
This book wasn't a love story. This book wasn't romantic.
What this book was, was different. It was gut wrenching and soul destroying all at the same time. It left me breathless, completely spent and with one of the worst book hangovers I've ever had!
I hate spoilers, so I'll keep this to the basics.

Let's talk Isla. Gah! This poor, broken girl. I just want to grab her right from the pages and hug the ever loving (insert S-word) out of her! Stra
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
4.5 deliciously dark stars!

I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Just let me start by saying that this book is certainly unlike any other that I have ever read!

The story kept me captivated from the very beginning and I just could put my phone down. I just HAD to keep going! I am totally in love with this book lol Kirsty brings us one more amazing read which will just suck you right in with all the emotions!

Isla is not what I expected her to be. She comes out strong
Christine
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isla taken after a night out and made to work as a drug mule. She's a protector and helps keep the other girls she works with safe.
Santiago the evil son who treats Isla so cruelly. He deserved everything he had coming.
Joaquín the head of the cartel names Isla number eighteen. I almost felt I saw a good side to him at times, but must of been all an act.
Javier joins the cartel to find his missing sister. He looks after Isla especially when times get bad for her. Javier had my heart racing at one s
Louise McKie
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a deliciously dark read. It's written superbly, dabbling in drug addiction in a way that you can clearly tell the author did her research well for this book.
It dabbles in a lot of taboo subjects, some things that some people may not like. Like another of this authors books some people will treat it a lot like marmite.
Me personally, I loved it!!!
It completely tugs at the heartstrings and if you don't finish the book crying then you have a very stone cold heart!!!
Just another fiv
Allana Walker
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Holy f*cking sh*ting sh*t sh*t!!!
Right now I'm struggling to put into words at how amazing this book was, I can barely see to write this through the tears of heart break and of anger towards Kirsty-Anne Still!
From the first page I was hooked and I need to read the next page and the next page and the next and the next... you get the point haha! I need to read this in one go like it was a drug and need my fix!

Isla is this beautifully strong woman who had been taken as a drug mule with no way of e
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
WOW - this was one of those stories that I didn't expect - a bit of a unique twist to it and a very dark and twisted feel. Many triggers for those who have suffered or dealt with abuse/addiction so not exactly an easy read but also not one that I could put down. The ending - OH NO WAY - I did NOT expect that at all - are you freakin kidding me - but hey I am just a reader - Kirsty is the boss lady at this...

Isla was forced away from her loved ones years ago during spring break as many of the oth
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Author, graphic designer, book worm, peppermint tea obsessive.

Kirsty-Anne stumbled across her love for writing as she started university. Over the last couple of years she's found the style of writing that best defines her and her work. Her favourite genres to write are romantic suspense with dark themes, but loves to push her boundaries.

More recently, she can be found writing twisted, dark romanc
More about Kirsty-Anne Still...