Start by marking “Secrets of Artemis (Teen Goddess #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Artemis (Teen Goddess #1)

Secrets of Artemis

(Mythic Maidens #1)

Not even the god of gods could command my heart not to love…

Published October 29th 2015 by Elphame Press

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Artemis, please sign up.

Holly (Holly Hearts Books)
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copies
"Much that is believed about me is only partially true, or twisted in some way"

I have always enjoyed reading Greek mythology and reading about the Gods and Goddesses who inhabit those myths and this is a story about Artemis, Goddess of the hunt. The story of Artemis is familiar to most readers who have sampled the Greek myths. She is usually portrayed as the goddess who is chastised. Unable to be joined with a man, to be pure for all ages. But this story has a different direction for us to explo
Elizabeth Mathis
Not even the god of gods could command my heart not to love…

In Ancient Greece, the goddess Artemis was venerated as a maiden huntress, swift with her bow and arrows, and eternally chaste. But could there be more to her story? Perhaps Lady Artemis had envisioned quite a different destiny than the one her father, Zeus, had chosen for her. What if she hadn’t merely pined after the giant huntsman, Orion, but had secretly partaken of a forbidden romance with him?

From prolific fantasy writer C.K. Br
Title: Secrets of Artemis
Author: C. K. Brooke
Genre: YA/Mythology/Romance
Rating: *****
Review: The opening prologue to this book was great, it was written from the perspective of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt basically telling us that what is to follow is the true account of her life not the lies that have been spread by mankind. Artemis tells us of her birth and what a wonderous thing it was with Artemis herself born fully grown who helped her mother deliver her twin brother Apollo. Fro
Zoe Fang
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pretty engrossing. Artemis is an archetype for young women in general and my lifelong favorite goddess in Greek mythology. She is a goddess powerful enough in her own right and thus this features a tale of Artemis in her teenaged state, making her own decisions even falling for a mortal Orion against her father's wishes. Every teenage girl has been there in their rebellious state as they bridge the gap between adolescence and adulthood. A must-read!
Michele DeLuca
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The "Secrets of Artemis" is the story of the coming of age of the Greek goddess Artemis, told through the imaginative lens of fantasy writer C.K. Brooke.
I wish I would have had something like this to read when I was in the 9th grade and trying to learn about Greek Mythology. I was never able to care much back then about the Greek gods and goddesses because their stories never touched my heart.
That all changed with this book, when the 16-year-old Artemis, goddess of the hunt, came to life for m
Mary Bernsen
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, C.K. Brooke has impressed me with this incredible, breath-taking romance. I loved how each of the Greek Gods & Goddesses retained so much of their traditional myths, but had fresh, almost human qualities about them as well. Complex, well-developed characters made me their friend. When the unthinkable happened, I gasped. When tragedy struck, I mourned. And when it all came together for a happily ever after, I celebrated. The love story between Orion and Artemis was unique yet clas ...more
I.A. Cintron
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice recount of the myth of Lady Artemis, retelling her story from her point of view, the hardships she passed, how she fell in love with Orion and loved no other, Apollo was a jerk and deceiving her into killing her love was a dick move but then he repented, and she found a way to stay with her love and kept her status as a maiden goddess intact and that ending was so cute I had to punch my brother to feel manly again....
J.A. Cintron
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good retelling of the Artemis myth and for once Zeus is not a jerk but instead Apollo is like always. But back to our main goddess I loved this story because it was hilarious reading about something you already know about and have the protagonist literally dismantle it and tell you that what you know its pure lies. This book highly reminds me of Eva Pohler's Gatekeepers Bride where she retells the Hades and Persephone myth.
Alicia Simmons
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

I could barely tear myself away! An amazing book! Time flew as I was reading. One of the best books I've ever read!
Raewynn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the delightful story of Artemis, as seen from her perspective.

You get all sorts of stories of the Gods and Goddesses but, this one (she thinks, Artemis that is) straightens out some of the stories and myths and puts her spin on things.

A thoroughly enjoyable story from C.K.Brooke.
Indiebrag
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that ZOYSANA’S Choice by Gordon A Long is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Keira
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Thank you to the author and YA Bound Book Tours for providing me with a review copy of this book.

**FULL REVIEW TO COME 7TH FEBRUARY**
S.F. Hardy
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Motown Review
This goddess has a story to tell; and she wants to set the record straight by telling it herself--the other's, have it all wrong!
When she was far too young to understand, Artemis's father, Zeus (god of the sky, lightening, thunder, law, order and justice) bestowed upon her several gifts--along with a curse.
The story started off slow but soon propelled into the island of Crete intrigue. C.K. Brooke's storytelling captures those who are the least knowledgeable or interested in Greek M
Kati
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
A new take on the life of Artemis and different tales of the Greek Gods. A look into the Goddess of the Hunt told in first-person perspective. Artemis is a well known Greek Goddess and seeing her story told in the first person in a different perspective to that in the history books was refreshing. I love Greek Mythology so the concept of this book really spoke to me. The general plot of the book was engaging and flowed well. Artemis’ character read as if she were human and relatable to the reade ...more
Ctrl, Alt Books!
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me begin by saying that mythology has always been a genre I have held dear to my heart! When I first started reading the book, I thought it would be similar to those I have read before portraying the goddess Artemis. However, this book did not disappoint.

Combining myth with a bit of the authors perspective and the feelings that were portrayed, this book had me entwined within its grasps. I fell in love with this book. I kept reading until the last page and that is when I realized I had to be
Laura Reading
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A finely crafted combination of mythological fantasy, coming of age, discovering one's true nature and romance. The story begins with the birth of Artemis, daughter of Zeus, and her twin brother, Apollo, whose birth she attends and aides.
While she is the ultimate daddy's girl, and seems to understand her calling from the very start of life, she also takes her time to define for herself how she is going to live.

Suitable for high school age readers, this will be enjoyed by readers of all ages. T
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

This story is told entirely from Artemis's point of view. It was a wonderful retelling of her entire life. The author took apart the myth and reassembled it as her own, and the writing was so well put together and thought out that at times, it made me forget what was unique to this story and what was from the original myth. It all just seemed to fit with the whole idea of Artemis.

Secrets of Artemis by C.K. Brooke was kindly provided to me by YA Bound Book Tour
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Nov 13, 2015
joe mclendon
Jan 26, 2019
Contras Diana
rated it did not like it
Aug 27, 2018
C.K. Brooke
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Marcy Ballard
Katherine Billings
Sep 18, 2017
ColleenQueen
Dec 09, 2018
  • If I Speak True (Flora, #1)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Three
  • The Possibility of Us
  • The Gemstone
  • Sweet Home Carolina (Magnolia Bay #2; Island Bliss #3)
  • Whatever It Takes (Saratoga Falls Love Story, #1)
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • The Witches Walk (Haven Harbor Book 1: The Witches of Haven Harbor)
  • Ascendancy (The Van Winkle Project, #2)
  • Next Door to a Star
  • Vanquished
  • Infinite Repeat (The Art of Lainey, #0.5)
  • Spell Check (Teen Wytche Saga, #1)
  • See You Soon Broadway (Broadway, #1)
  • Cauldron Bubble (Toil & Trouble #1)
  • Christmas with an Angel (Harmony Harbor, #1.5)
  • That Moment When
  • Abby Road (Abby Road, #1)
C.K. Brooke is an award-winning author of over a dozen romance and fantasy novels. Her debut novel, THE DUCHESS QUEST (48fourteen, 2014), was selected by Shelf Unbound Magazine as a Top 100 Notable Indie Book of 2015, and her YA novel, SECRETS OF ARTEMIS, received the Indie B.R.A.G. Medallion Award in 2017. She is also the author of THE WRONG PRINCE (48fourteen, 2016), a Global EBook Award Honorab ...more

Mythic Maidens (2 books)
  • I, Guinevere (Mythic Maidens Book 2)