Start by marking “Bedsit Three: A Tale of Murder, Mystery and Love” as Want to Read:
Bedsit Three: A Tale of Murder, Mystery and Love

Bedsit Three: A Tale of Murder, Mystery and Love

"A word of warning to anyone who picks this book up: be prepared for a sleepless night, because you won't want to put it down until you get to the end," Michael Barton, WordPlay Publishing.

A stupid mistake ended Ian's marriage. Now he's trying to put it right.
Sandra was a teenage mum. Now she's fighting to make a good life for her daughter.
Maxine made an important
Published October 26th 2015 by Tango Press

To ask other readers questions about Bedsit Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedsit Three

Start your review of Bedsit Three: A Tale of Murder, Mystery and Love
Petra
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, for-review
Following his divorce and recent redundancy, Ian moves into Bedsit Three in order to be closer to his young son hoping he will be able to resurrect his failed relationship with his ex-wife. Across the hall from Ian, lives Sandra, an unconventional single mother, who wants to build a better life for her daughter and herself after falling pregnant as a teenager. Although coming from completely different backgrounds, Ian and Sandra start to bond, but something sinister is linked to Bedsit Three. ...more
Judith Barrow
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this novel, it's a good psychological thriller that steadily builds in tension until the end.
Sally Jenkins' style of writing is easy to read without being cosy. Her words take the reader steadily through the plot without revealing too much, yet there is also subtle foreshadowing. .
The main characters are well portrayed: the single mother, Sandra, with a young daughter, the new occupant of bedsit three, Ian, a middle class, unemployed man, separated from his wife and son,
Anne Harvey
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
A gripping debut tale of murder and mystery set in the bedsit land of Birmingham. Middle-class Ian has moved into Bedsit Three so that he can see more of his estranged young son. Also a tenant of Vesey Villa is single mother, Sandra, and her young daughter. The two are drawn closer together, not only by physical attraction but by the mysterious disappearance of the girlfriend of the previous tenant, Ignatius. Ms Jenkins has successfully taken us into the lives of all three of the main ...more
Stuart Lennon
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. I might have liked it to be a little longer, as I ended with questions about the main characters. That is probably a back-handed compliment. A good way to while a way a few hours
Sue Clement
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with the characters from page one. Ian a recently divorced man trying to build a future for him and his son whilst reconciliating his marriage and Sandra a single mother doing the best for herself and her daughter.
The story starts with the murder of a young lady In Bedsit 3. Yes there arent many plot twists but that made the book easy to read and kept the pages turning.
I throughly enjoyed my first experience of this authors work and shall definitely read more.
Lea Manning
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
An easy read.
Stina
BEDSIT THREE is the first book by Sally Jenkins I've read and I must say it had a slightly different feel to it than those I normally read. I can't quite put my finger on it but I felt it still lacked something, though I don't know what.

It begins with a man burying something we could only assume was a body in the darkened backyard of Vesey Villa, a house divided into bedsits in Birmingham. Afterwhich, he then disappears into the night.

Enter Ian Wolverstone. Divorced and following his redundancy,
Judith
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bedsit Three focuses on the lives of the tenants of Vesey Villa, a collection of bedsits. There is a new tenant in Bedsit Three, Ian, after the old tenants - Ignatius Smith and his girlfriend - suddenly vanish from the town. Ian wants to prove himself as a father to his son, Marcus, and finds solace in his neighbour Sandra, and her daughter Halifax. However, the tenants find themselves embroiled in a murder mystery case when it is revealed that neither Ignatius or his girlfriend have been seen ...more
Terry Tyler
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by me as a member of Rosie Amber's Review Team

A dark, fairly gritty drama with a side plot of insanity and murder - I enjoyed it! It centres around Vesey Villas, an old house made up into seedy bedsits. One occupant is Sandra, a single mother with her daughter, and a new arrival is Ian, an enemployed father who is hoping to get back together with his wife. Sleeping in his car outside is the former resident of Bedsit Three, Ignatius Smith, who is eager to get back inside the building....
Michele Clack
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a gripping book. It's not for the fainthearted. That said it was enjoyable and I liked the main characters. I even felt sorry for the villain. The heroine was a lovely feisty young woman. The story draws you on with twists and turns that are well thought out. My only criticism is it could have been a bit longer with a bit more foreshadowing of the final twist, but I suppose that would have introduced another character and might have detracted from the nail biting drama.
Denise Bonham
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read a real page turner. Great characters.
Shanna
Anne Brooke
Jun 26, 2019
Tk Duhring
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A short read but interesting story. Easy to read and good background stories for all characters. I especially like Ignatius, his profile, behaviour was well written.

Overall I really like this book but wouldn't mind a bit of a twist, to me it was pretty straightforward and was easy to figure out who the killer was.
Robin Leblanc
Wyatt.Petersen
Apr 06, 2018
Ann
Jun 15, 2017 added it
Very good light read - well written
Matt D'Andrea
May 07, 2017
Emma
May 01, 2017
Maxime Ouellet-payeur
Nov 16, 2016
Janene
Jan 24, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Please add this book to my author profile 3 16 Nov 14, 2015 11:47AM

• The Forgotten Hours
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Secret Chord
  • I Will Never Leave You
  • The Guilty Mother
  • Stone Cold Heart (Cat Kinsella, #2)
  • A Place of Secrets
  • Far From True (Promise Falls,  #2)
Sally Jenkins is based in the West Midlands and writes part-time around her job as a computer programmer. She targets her short stories at a range of competitions and magazines. Sally also produces the odd article on writing-related topics.
When she is not tapping away at a keyboard, Sally enjoys Body Combat classes and church bell-ringing.
She would advise all would-be writers to join a local class

News & Interviews