Start by marking “Killer Pursuit” as Want to Read:
Killer Pursuit

Killer Pursuit

(Allison McNeil Series #2)

When a high-society call girl is murdered in her Georgetown home, investigators find two cameras hidden in the walls of her bedroom. One has its memory erased, presumably by the murderer. The second is connected to the Internet through an encrypted connection...and no-one knows who's on the other end.

Special Agent Allison McNeil is asked by beleaguered FBI Director Claren
Published January 10th 2016 by Seven Guns Press

To ask other readers questions about Killer Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Pursuit

Linda Strong
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
In the Author's Notes, Mr. Gunhus states ..... "For me, there's nothing better than the immersive experience of reading a good story well told. When you chose to read KILLER PURSUIT or any of my books, you give me your trust that I will deliver that experience to you."

The author did not disappoint. The reader first met FBI Agent Allison McNeil in KILLER WITHIN. She's an up and rising star in the Bureau, investigating serial killers. During a recent meeting with a killer, she shot her superior in
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Killer Pursuit was so damn good! The start was a little slow for me but once I got through the first few chapters, it was hard to stop reading. Also, this isn't a genre I usually read but I was really into the story and pretty much wanted to savor it.

I loved the main character, Allison McNeil. I really did. She's one of those characters I would never ever get sick of reading about. I also enjoyed reading about all the other characters and how they were connected to the story.

This book is a thril
Jaideep Khanduja
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Killer Pursuit: An Allison McNeil Thriller - A Classic Thriller

Killer Pursuit: An Allison McNeil Thriller – Book Review

Killer Pursuit: An Allison McNeil Thriller is a classic thriller written by Jeff Gunhus. I read his earlier book The Torment of Rachel Ames. With that, I became a big fan Gunhus’ writing style. The psychological thriller is about a novelist Rachel Ames. Rachel had an adventurous stride of her life while finding her peace of mind. You can r
Sherry Fundin
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The cover for Jeff Gunhus’ Killer Pursuit alludes to the intrigue inside. I love thrillers and suspense novels and this is my first foray into the Allison McNeil adventures. She is a favorite of Jeff’s and now she is a favorite of mine. An amazing and riveting suspense with moments of pacing that took the last quarter of the book into hyperdrive!

I followed the hints trying to solve the mystery before I reached the conclusion, but…I am TICKED OFF good when the killer is exposed and what happened
Tamibates BlackRoze
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read it in one sitting, no sleep that night!! Great story, you fall into the story
Bart Hopkins
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good book.

It was my first time reading a novel by Gunhus, and I enjoyed it. It had decent pacing and the ending was better than the beginning. There were a couple of twists that I didn't guess, as well. It was a tough call between four and five stars and boiled down to it being a star that simply didn't burn as brightly as some of the stars around it.

I'll be trying out another of his books soon.
Kathleen Kelly
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Alison McNeil tensed when she spotted the first shadow dart through the mist an take cover behind a tree. In the early morning light, it took her a while to pick out all six members of the Hostage Rescue Team approaching the cabin, but within a minute she could clearly see the tactical team converging on their target."...chapter 1, paragraph 1 of Killer Pursuit.

So begins a story that takes you on a roller coaster of a ride. The person that Allison and her crew are trying to capture is Sam Kraw,
BookLoversLife
I never knew that this was the second book in the Allison McNeil series, and while there were one or two references to the first book, it can be read as a stand alone, though I did feel that I missed something not having read the first!!

In this, it starts with Allison and the FBI at a cabin where a suspected serial killer is. Just before they move in Allison sees something that makes her think it's a trap, but it's too late. The house explodes! She notices something in the trees and sees the kil
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I enjoy reading a good thriller every now and again. However, I find myself afraid to take a chance on a new author, in this genre, as so often it can be hit and miss. However, this is one author I am so pleased I took a chance on. This is my first book, by him, that I've read. I wasn't sure if starting out on the second book would ruin it, but I was able to pick up rather swiftly and the author held my attention from start to finish.

The story was filled with detail, which made
Kimberly
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A classic who done it that will have you guessing to the very end!

A high price call girl has been found murdered, she had a very elite list of clientele. One video camera has been wiped clean, but it's the other video camera hooked to the internet that has everyone concerned. Including the killer. FBI Director Clarence Mason needs to know what is on those videos, and he needs someone to investigate on the down low, so he hires Allison McNeil. Allison thinks she is about to be fired, but gets a s
Jessica Foley
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Killer Pursuit pulls you in fast. Jeff Gunhus has written other books with the same character - Allison McNeil - but I haven't read them. And you don't need to, to enjoy this book. I'm sure there were a few bits of backstory that I didn't catch on to but I certainly did not feel the book was lacking in any way.
I was kept guessing through most of the story. It wasn't until a handful of (short) chapters from the end that I really thought I might know who did it. I enjoy that in a book - keep me gu
Freda Mans-Labianca
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A thriller with a sweet-as-pie ending!
This story was nothing like I expected it to be at all. It was so much more. There was a great plot. Fantastic and well thought out characters, playing out these scenes of murder and intrigue. Hair-raising moments, that took twists and turns. All the while, somehow, I still knew how it would turn out and it didn't ruin anything for me.
This was definitely and exciting read! Allison McNeil is one tough cookie, and I hope to read more and more books about her.
Chloe
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first thriller read and I was a little hesitant at first, whether or not I was going to like it but Jeff proved me wrong. I seriously enjoyed it! It was thrilling, cringe worthy (gory details) and was brilliantly written! My most unhappy thoughts on this book were the changing between the characters without letting the reader know, which at one point got confusing. You would get lost in the story line and it was hard to keep up, but in the end it was worth the read.
Ukgardenfiend
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books-read
This is an FBI Criminal Behavioural Analysis story with a (feisty) female investigator. She has a colleague who is crooked and lazy and basically misogynistic and woman hating.
In this story we hear about a prostitute who has a clever idea – she films her clients and stores the videos on the Dark Internet, thus making them extremely difficult to find by anyone other than herself, but useful material against the time she might need them for blackmail or additional income...
I wrote and explored t
Dawn
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've found a new favorite series! The book started off a bit slow with a lot of details and characters, but once Allison arrives in the victim's hometown, the story starts to fly. I could not put this book down. I'm looking forward to reading another Allison McNeil book.
Matthew Holter
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeff is the biggest hidden gem in the writing industry today. The way he masterfully creates and weaves together a tale of suspense that will hold you at the edge of your seat - fingers pale from gripping your e-reader!
Kathy Debow
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book.

This is the kind of book that's enjoyable to read.Figuring out all the character's.Allison McNeil ,strong,smart.I'll definitely read another Jeff Gunhus story.
Shelley
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

The second installment...can't wait for more! I read both books over the course of two days, too bad he can't write that fast!!
books are love
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
At first glance and when you begin reading you think this is a typical story. Good girl turn prostitute videoing her jobs that include senators suddenly murdered and the FBI involved. But it is actually more. We get a lot of interesting twists and turns. The ending wasn’t what you expect. You get a feeling that is who it is but it doesn’t really sit well. You find ways to think no no not that one. But in the end you can’t deny and you just shake your head not believing that could be true.

The sto
Diantha Jones
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT DJ'S BOOK CORNER.

Last year I started reading more thrillers, which has never really been a genre I've been very fond of. But that's all changed and this book has just added to my enjoyment of these types of books. Killer Pursuit was very good and had all the elements a thriller should have. Excitement, details, and good research.

The writing was amazing and that was everything to me. I can't read a thriller with bad writing. I loved the multiple POVs and how each character ha
Christina
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book starts off telling you what happened in a previous case special agent Alison McNeil worked on. Then it jumps back to what happens during the current case. Cathrine Few’s is a D.C call girl who’s paid big money to sleep with people of importance. In order to catch these sleazeballs in the act there is always a camera running ,but one day she decides to set up another camera as her insurance policy. A smart move on her part since it catches her murder and her killers face. Unfortunately ...more
Ki
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: print, arc, own
If you love thrillers and suspense with a strong heroine solving murder cases, this is definitely a must read. I absolutely enjoyed this mystery thriller! I’m a huge fan of crime show series, and the television show Criminal Minds, and this is absolutely just like the show, just in reading form. The heroine is a Behavioral Analysis so she’s part of the BAU which analyzes and get inside the minds of killers to solve cases. How fantastic is that?! Gosh it’s great getting back into this genre after ...more
Cristie
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! Killer Pursuit is absolutely fantastic! It's action-packed, tense and full of twists. Not only is the plot interesting, there is also a certain sense of realism to the writing.

Killer Pursuit has all of the twists and turns that I crave in a thriller but also feels incredibly plausible. There wasn't a single moment when the author expected me to suspend disbelief and go along with the story. The amount of mystery, character development, and police procedure was well-balanced. The story is t
Crystal
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited that I was one of the first people to have the opportunity to read Jeff Gunhus’ The Killer Pursuit: An Allison McNeil Thriller.

My only disappointment was that I didn’t read The Killer Within first – the first novel in the Allison McNeil thrillers! Reading the first book second will be similar to watching Episodes 4, 5, and 6 of Star Wars before episodes 1, 2, and 3.

This novel captured me from the beginning – his style is perfect for me – very James Patterson style chapters.

We be
Gwen Stevens
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Uh oh, a high-priced DC call girl has gotten herself killed. Little did her clients know that she was trying to feather her retirement nest egg by videotaping her encounters with customers—customers that included some pretty well-known politicians. In fact, one is on the fast-track to become president. A scandal could ruin him and those pesky tapes have disappeared. He launches a search, but he has stiff competition. The Director of the FBI wants those recordings for himself. He considers them ...more
Ashley
Jan 12, 2016 added it
Disclaimer: I was sent this book for free, for me to read and give my unbiased feedback.

This is the first book that I've read by Jeff Gunhus and I have to say it was definitely a page turner. It is a thriller and if you like mysteries this is definitely one you need to check out. We were leaving on vacation a few days after I received it so I decided that I would read it while we were gone. I ended up starting it right when we left our house and read off and on the entire 9 hour drive. I finish
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian. I was gifted my copy of this book.

I read A LOT of books, across many genres, and once in a while you get a book that is out of your usual zone, and totally blows you away.

This is such a book!

The book takes a while to get going, to set the plot out with all the characters doing their thing. ALL the major players have their say, including the bad guys and yes, that is a PLURAL and yes, you know how happy that makes me feel! I misjudged who the real bad gu
Tina Lynne
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Killer Pursuit is a high paced story that takes you deep into an FBI case of murder, lies, and manipulation. This story takes the reader into a fast paced world where you attempt to find justice and race against the unknown. The thriller reads like a crime TV show, easing the reader in something that will make you think and analyze everything.

One of my favorite parts about this story is Allison McNeill, the main character. She is a woman fighting for respect and leverage in a male dominated envi
Julie Failla Earhart
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I discovered author Jeff Gunhus’ work in 2015 when I read his Night Chill and The Torment of Rachel Adams. Night Chill scared me so bad that I didn’t sleep for three days and still haven’t worked up the courage to read its sequel, Night Terror.

But now he’s turned to a new genre, the political thriller. In Killer Pursuit, the second in the Allison McNeil series, Gunhus takes on serial killers, FBI agents, and prostitutes in Washington, D.C.
High society call-girl, Catherine Fews, is brutally murde
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Den of Lions: A Startling Memoir of Survival and Triumph
  • The Georgetown Ladies' Social Club: Power, Passion, and Politics in the Nation's Capital
  • Condi: The Condoleezza Rice Story
  • The Bitch
  • Mammoth
  • The Sensational Life and Death of Qandeel Baloch
  • Feast of Murder (Gregor Demarkian, #6)
  • Peter Jennings: A Reporter's Life
  • Art Through the Ages 2
  • Thriving Through Uncertainty: Moving Beyond Fear of the Unknown and Making Change Work for You
  • Jihad Academy
  • The New Cold War: Putin's Russia and the Threat to the West
  • In the Enemy's House
  • Second Sight
  • The Geopolitics of Emotion: How Cultures of Fear, Humiliation, and Hope are Reshaping the World
  • Haunted Love
  • George Washington, Spymaster: How the Americans Outspied the British and Won the Revolutionary War
  • Allure
Jeff Gunhus is the USA TODAY bestselling author of thriller and horror novels for adults and the middle grade/YA series, The Templar Chronicles. The first book, Jack Templar Monster Hunter, was written in an effort to get his reluctant reader eleven-year old son excited about reading. It worked and a new series was born. His books are available in several languages, been Foreword Reviews Book of t ...more

Allison McNeil Series (2 books)
  • Killer Within