Start by marking “Alice-9” as Want to Read:
Alice-9

Alice-9

(ALICE #2)

Major Jake Thomas is on a roll. With the help of the Artificial Life: Intelligent Computing Environments, or ALICE systems, he has successfully faced off with the hostile NeHaw three times. With continued support from his inner circle of female recruits, all handpicked by the ALICEs to further their own agenda, he continues to try to help the earth return to glory.
As he w
Published May 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Alice-9, please sign up.

Douglas Debner
This is a hard book to rate because the first third of this book is some of the worst crap I have ever read (see rant below for details). The rest of the book is passable with a pretty good ending. I like the set up so I forced myself to keep reading past the crap and will go on to the next book in the series.

The Rant [SPOILERS]:

The book starts really stupidly with 4 schmucks infiltrating a high security area by simply putting on women’s clothing and climbing in a helicopter. Never mind that tha
Roger John Jones
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great second episode

Usually the second etc. Books start to drag. Not in this case. Fresh perspectives and fresh challenges. Great fun. Looking forward to book 3.
Wayne Hancock
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable book, for adults.
shaun holmes
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alice 9

Again the second book is very well written and just grips you from start to finish I have to download the next 2 books now brilliant keep it up
Kevin Beck
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another excellent story

Jake and his crew kick more bad guy and alien butt. The relationship stuff with all his girlfriends is a distraction at times.
Jed Moulton
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Colonel Thomas is discovering that he is a very wanted man. While normally that would be a good thing considering his unusual relationship status, there are problems brewing that need his undivided attention. The ALICE-3 facility has gone off-line. Considering that the AL stands for Artificial Life the ALICE's are concerned about their sister, however ALICE 1 has informed Jake there is a greater reason to be concerned. However, because of the special nature of the facility Jake as the last survi ...more
unknown
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Go Alice

I rated this a five....I would have rated it a 10....but we don't have that many stars...the ALICE series is a complex story __it's a fun story...with a great take the post apocalypse thing....If there was ever a mini series waiting to be made ALICE has my vote...CW lamb get those fingers flying...
Clint
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If Alice-9 didn't end up the way I predicted I would have been disappointed, but I wasn't. More of the same from book one, just more in outer space. You know, children are our future, but we need energy to get us there. A lot of problems can be solved if we have a cheap portable endless power source. To infinity and beyond!
Norma Mason
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to the next!

In just these two books I have seen the author improve greatly. I hope to encourage this, as I'm looking forward to the next ALICE.

Merged review:

What is next?

I refuse to post spoilers, but have enjoyed this series. Hopefully, the next will be available soon. I am waiting...
Darlene
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good story

Good book, but unlike the first book the first half was a bit boring. It did pick up and get to the point where you didn't want to stop reading. Of course, our hero, Jake returns and is just that a hero, a living legend in everyone's eyes. Worth the read. Looking forward to the third book.
Tim Fay
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good story telling gets better...

Charles Lamb alternate universe is filling out into a modestly grand sci-fi gem as he continues his tale. The plotline is losing its rough edges, becoming an smoothly enjoyable yarn for the reader. I am looking forward to seeing how Mr. Lamb takes his characters into future stories.
Jacob Radford
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story well polished. a whirlwind story that i couldnt put down. I love the surprise elements to this story. there was a few loose ends but i guess will have to wait for the next book to see where they lead.
Mark Baller
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Good Sci Fi but sort of sexist very much so the hero has a harem of 8 women and 8 artificial intelligences that worship him. Sexism aside it is still a well written book with much to offer the fans of military science fiction.
Steven Knight
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alice 9 is a great read

Alice 9 is a great read! The setting is earth future. The earth was attacked a century and a half in the past. The human race is slowly recovering and has been attacked again. A great story of survival and defense.
Andrew
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.6 stars. Overall, a good read and an interesting premise. The only negative is that the story is too clean, somewhat like Star Trek The Next Generation, where you would never see a dirty engineer. The story could use a bit more grit.
Andrew Rose
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The editing needs work and sometimes the author seems to get tied down in minutiae but over all a decent series. The next book should pay off several of the story lines that have been planted so far.
neal mirin
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The mind over , the computer

First it's the story, then it's the plot, this makes a greater storyline to me. I really like this book, but you have to read book one first. It will give you the plotting of the books.
Burt Md
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great Space Opera continues

Alice 9 is a terrific sequel to the original. The story progresses well with great detail and interesting developments. Alice 9 was thoroughly enjoyable. I can't wait for the next episode.
Danny L Walling
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A 4.6 stars, not a 5

I cannot believe the author has not made Sarah pregnant. I can't believe it and what happened with the romantic life with Sarah and Jake? To much explanation on some subjects and not enough on some. Sarah needs a kid.
Donald Franck
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still a great story

I enjoyed this story as much as the first and I look forward to each new arrival. Worth the read!
Don
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We're is the next installment ?

This is a great story, the installments are just to short ! I can't wait for the next book. How soon will it be here.
Andrew
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING
cindy joslin
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read:

Really like the story line. Hope the next,(#3) comes out soon. It's an earth starts over opera. Looking forward to the next.
Jesse Deleon
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Will there be more Charles Lamb?

A thrilling cliffhanger ending! Leaving a lot of questions unanswered. And hopefully will be answered soon. Thank you for writing.
Reimer
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good reading

I enjoyed this book. Be sure to read Alice before Alice 9. Not too sure the ladies will enjoy, but the male readers will....
Duane
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great followup to the first book, but the author REALLY needs to find a few Proofreaders.
Michael Smith
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Engaging

Fast paced story that keeps the reader engaged through out. It's based on standard military theory though and could be more creative in that area.
Joseph Grant
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read

A sequel that was as thrilling as the first book. An excellent style of character development making for a book hard to put down!
Iori
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read.
David O. Gordon
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great one

Lots of action.Lots of possible outcomes for future stories. Plenty of fun. Every man's dream life. I ready.I can't wait for the next one.
  • Finding Keepers (Annihilation, #7)
  • The Trilisk Revolution (Parker Interstellar Travels, #5)
  • Warrior's Scar (The Warrior Chronicles)
  • Translight (Galactic Alliance, #1)
  • The Rising Storm (Exodus: Empires at War, #3)
  • First Strike (The Slaver Wars, #4)
  • Méridien (Silver Ships, #3)
  • Devastator (AI Fleet Book 2)
  • The Ripple in Space-Time
  • Shattered Worlds (Koban #4)
  • The Fall (Crimson Worlds, #9)
  • The Siege of Earth (The Ember War Saga, #7)
  • The Steel (The General, #4)
Pen name for Charles Lamb

ALICE (4 books)
  • ALICE (Alice #1)
  • ALICE Resurrection (Alice, #3)
  • ALICE Space War (Alice, #4)