Start by marking “Stealing Light” as Want to Read:
Stealing Light

Stealing Light

ebook
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Light

Start your review of Stealing Light
J.D. Nelson
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, where to start?
I know! Let's start with AWESOME! Anyone who knows me, knows that I love me some Julie Cassar books. The Ruby Blue series was, without a doubt, my favie YA series ... ever. This book, though, was WOWWWW. It was so different, so imaginative, I immediately started reading it again as soon as I finished it. Oh my gosh....swoon city, guys. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I will say that this book was perfectly balanced, hotter than hell at all the right spots, and just
Elliot
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My last, and very best read of 2015!!

So I have just finished Stealing Light by the Awesomeness that is Julie Cassar, and I am both excited and sad... So excited for this new adventure to be published and sad that I finished too fast. I'm just going to have to read it again. :)
What a connection these two main characters have, truly heavenly...
I love listening to the dual angles of Cece's back and forth indecisiveness about what she is feeling against what she is thinking and what she is seeing.
JoAnne
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I won this ARC, I almost cried I was so happy.
I read the book in one day. My house suffered, the meals were lacking, and the laundry grew- but I didn't care. Once I started I just could stop! I was grumpy with my children when they interrupted me! I felt bad, but I couldn't stop it!
The inner dialogue was great, I think it humanizes the main character- let's all face it- we have similar conversations.
The story was great, I really was left guessing about different things! I *loved* it so
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I'm going to make this short and sweet. It has been a while since I read an angel themed book and it felt good to be back in that genre. I for one am I big fan of angels, whether they be good, guardian or fallen. So when I started this one I was elated to see it was of the guardian sort. And a little of the fallen.

It was such a great read and it held my attention the whole way through. It had me questioning a few characters and getting all googly eyed whenever a certain angel would show up. It
Wee Shubba's World
Oh My. What can I really say about Stealing Light?!? It was outstanding, mind blowing, freaking amazing and captivating!! I was asked by the author to give an honest review of her new book. And like all her previous books I always have high expectations because I know this lady is incredible. However, this one is on a completely different level to her previous books. It's more mature, more serious and a lot darker!!

READ FULL REVIEW: WEE SHUBBA'S WORLD"
Angela
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I decided to review this book. It's different than what I normally read. But it's good.
Cecilia lost her parents in a car accident and started having visions. That's when she learned about guardian angles and how she could do good in the world. Then comes Cash. Her one true soul mate. But there's something dark after her. Can love conquer all?

Loved the premise of the book. Love the characters.
Nicole Blagg
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I hope there will be more!

stealing light has the smooth penmanship that one would only hope for from julie. It's a completely different story line than her previous books... but definitely no less of an amazing story line! I would love to dig into the who's and what. I will warn you to probably have a tissue handy and be ready to swoon over Cassius.
Thomas
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blurb: “Tonight, everything could change. I wasn’t ready to let go of anyone just yet.”

If you could change what you know is coming, would you? Cecelia Walker discovers an amazing ability deep within herself that gives her the power to change the future. When mysterious outsiders enter her life, she begins to question everything and everyone she once knew.

Years earlier, CeeCee’s life changed forever the day her parents were killed in a horrific car accident. Suddenly extraordinary people and
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

This was a unique and interesting story. It's a wonderful Paranormal story that captured my attention at the turning every page. It's a story like no other and had me smiling or cringing depending on the scene. The characters were phenomenal and I felt quite a connection with CeeCee. She was an amazing character so full of emotion and wonder. The story-line was incredible. I loved how the story kept me guessing. I highly recommend
Lynn Worton
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a wonderful paranormal romantic suspense novel. I really enjoyed it!

Cecelia Walker is a character that really got under my skin. I wanted to like her - in fact I did in the beginning - but as the story unfolded I found myself being annoyed by her. I think it was her whiny "why me" attitude that got me in the end. This doesn't normally happen to me, its usually the other way around. I found myself
Autumn
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arc
I received this book to give an honest review.
I have read the Ruby Blue series by this author and she did a great job with that. So when I saw she was writing a new book that was not like the Ruby Blue series I was very intrigued to see what it would be about. The cover and title just calls for you to read it and wondering what exactly is Stealing Light? Sounds paranormal right? Well it deals with angels, light, darkness and things called the Aninox. The book starts off pretty powerful we learn
Doris
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CeeCee is a young girl that has been forced to live an adult life from too early of an age. CeeCee’s Parents were killed in a car accident at an early age, and she now lives her life from day to day running the coffee shop they all loved. I can't imagine being that dedicated to something that reminds you of exactly what you have been denied. Yet CeeCee does this day after day, with honor and love!
Her life is filled with coffee, running, and regret.
CeeCee learns slowly that she is different, she
TJ
Stealing Light is probably only one of the few books I wanted to read just because of the author. I have been following her on social media and I thought that her style was pretty cool. When she graciously offered the book for a review I jumped a t the chance!

First off all let me say this, I did not expect the book to turn out the way it did. Looking at the cover and the blurb, I thought it would be like a murder mystery sort of book , boy was I wrong.

Stealing Light took me completely by
Kelly Mccurdy
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

Why oh why can't there be more stars on the rating scale???!!!! Anymore I have gone into reading every book with an open mind. I have stopped reading the blurbs because I want to go into the book not knowing anything. So far I have been amazed at the story line. This book, Stealing Light, is above and beyond what I expected. Stealing Light is written beautifully with quotes from the Bible. No, this book is not a religious book. Stealing Light
Susan (The Book Bag)
Oh. My. Gosh! Stealing Light is a unique and very awesome story about love, light, guardian angels, dark evilness, discovering one's true self, and learning about the power within. And I loved every minute of it! I was so sad when it ended. But...... I learned from the author that she is currently working on the sequel! Yay! Yay! Yay!!

I loved CeeCee and I loved watching as she discovers her Gift of Light and as she comes to terms with the fact that she has had a guardian angel all these years.
Karen Tribble
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't Steal What Is Given!

Oh.My.Gosh! Cassar's Ruby Blue series are my favorite books of all my 57 years...2nd only to TWILIGHT! And don't EVEN say I'm too old to be reading RUBY books! There is no age limit to learn of another World and going there & sharing exciting times with your friends! It's the same with STEALING LIGHT! Although totally different, they are somewhat the same, in that they are filled with Cassar's MAGIC of taking us to places we've never been! She shows us new realms...
Amy  Crull
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~I was given this book for an honest review~

This is a first for me. I don't normally read book like this but I'm glad I did. I was captivated by this story. The book drew me in from the first page and I couldn't stop reading it. There's just something beautiful about guardian angels and how they protect us. Cecelia or Ceecee as they sometimes call her, is simply amazing. She loses her parents but in turn gets a special gift. She can see things that most people can't. Cassius, is a guardian angel
Celsey Seivert
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lets be honest i thought after Ruby's series nothing could hold up...but OMG Stealing Light had me hooked on the first couple of pages. It had EVERY emotion thoughtfully put into place. Cee cee had no idea what she was capable of and Cash BAM that came out of the BLUE (HEHE Ruby Blue) but seriously if you have not read this book you need to do so ASAP but if you dont then you are the one missing out on the magical paranormal. Great job Julie can't wait to read more from you!
Brandie Marcotte
Outstanding! Amazing!

I love the way the book intertwines bible verses into the story and how the characters show their emotions. Just the way the emotions go on it runs off the pages is amazing. On Facebook I seen that there is going to be a second book, I cannot wait. Just like the "Ruby Blue" series I love this book just like those books, I suggest this book to everyone. It is a outstanding and amazing book.
Susan (The Book Bag)
I originally read Stealing Light in 2016 and absolutely loved it. I recently listened to the audio-book and fell in love with the story all over again. The narrator, Kelley Ernst, does a fabulous job reading the book and really nailed CeeCee's character. She made CeeCee come to life for me. I've also read book two, Chasing Darkness and I can't wait for the opportunity to listen to it.
Lauren
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an extremely different read than any of the other books done by this author. This book is centered around heaven vs hell, good vs evil and keeps you guessing what is going to happen next. The book starts with a life altering event, that leads us to meeting the heroines guardian angel. I wish we had a few more details in the story line and details about some of the characters. I would have liked to have gotten to know them better. However the story line is amazing and can hold its own.
Jaime
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow! Honestly this is the first book that I have ever read by the author and I am sitting here thinking why did I wait so long? Very well written, the start keep my attention from page one. So romantic with some snark thrown in. I really enjoyed the snark! It is a bit heartbreaking too but that is what makes it so good!
Jamie Stites
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julie...that hurt.....

This book moved me more than I ever thought possible. As a person who isn't a crier this one had me on an emotional rollercoaster the entire time. I loved it!!!! I've always loved Julie Cassar's writing and this book just reinforced that love. Can't wait to see what's next.
Holly
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Julie Cassar has a way of pulling you into a story and believing the mythology she created. This was a nice story that I will certainly recommend to others. However, I now have an anxiety about stairs! I do hope there will be more books in this series as I think there's a lot more Ms. Cassar can do with the characters.
Heather
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A completely original story. I have always been fascinated with angels. This book made me believe. The author expertly weaves reality and fantasy into a plausible and enticing world. Plus the battle of light versus dark and good versus evil. I absolutely loved this book!
Angela
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cecelia's life is about to change forever. Do you believe in guardian angels? Cecelia is about to. If you like Angels, romance, and suspense I recommend it. It will take you on a journey and leave you touched by light.
Jennifer Treviño
Paranormal, thriller, guardian angels, demons, fallen, seers, supernaturals, family, emotions, awesome fight scenes, suspense, & so much more!
Julie Cassar never ceases to amaze me, & Stealing Light is definitely on my favorites list!
This story is different from anything I've read lately & seriously rocks!!! The perfect balance of suspense, angst, romance (in between saving the world & all), & hotness.
I am seriously in awe of the characters & worlds she creates. She
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Posting 4 stars, however it was more like 3.75 It was a well written story, so thats why I bumped up to 4
I loved parts, just not the whole book. I love the concept, but I don't know, its like it's missing something. It did not keep me interested = glued to the kindle. Its not one that I need to sit and finish the whole thing in a day (obliviously, cause it took me many days to read).
The characters were good; the main character, CeeCee was very good. However, during the story, I too felt her
Danielle
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. That out of the way, this was a fun departure from the Ruby Blue series. Instead of fairy wings like within the Ruby Blue Series we get Angel wings. I can't decide which ones I like more.

Cassar has a unique story that's easy to read. The pace is brisk and the plot keeps you guessing.
Kim Rolf