Start by marking “The Scionless House (The Scion Legacy, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Scionless House (The Scion Legacy, #0.5)

The Scionless House

(The Scion Legacy 0.5)

Twelve Houses. Twelve vampire lines. We ruled from the shadows, and manipulated the world, and when humans came too close to destruction, we intervened.
Every House has a Scion. A fragile, easily broken human that stood shoulder to shoulder with the house Princes and Princesses.
Except for ours. The Ravens, House Cantelie.
We've been without a Scion for almost fifteen year
Published October 25th 2015 by A&A Literary

To ask other readers questions about The Scionless House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scionless House

Judith
Nov 05, 2015 added it
No Rating.

However,I did finish it and did enjoy the story

Let me start by saying don't let the fact I haven't rated this put you of because this series definitely has great potential

So I went into this knowing it was a prequel Novella so it obviously was going to be a short read and Novellas actually work well for me.

The story was going on very nicely,thank you when suddenly it stopped at 55%.You then get the first few chapters of the upcoming full length book when it stops again at 77%.The remai
Sybil aka Lala
A few years ago a trend was started in paranormal romance. We were ‘treated’ to vampires, zombies, werewolves and all manner of being in touch with their sad feelings and feeling all kinds of depressed about their place in the universe and high school. Let’s just say, I am not a fan.

So I picked up The Scionless House not knowing anything about it and expecting much the same type of depressing, cringe worthy melodrama about zits and finding true love at sixteen (eyeroll). Well slice me off a big
Valentina "TinchyB"
Solid read

This was good prequel but short. I never know how to rate novellas especially short like this one. This was interesting intro into one new excellent series.
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well this was an interesting short read. I haven’t really read that many paranormal books but when I do, I always hope they’re worded well and easy to follow like this one was.

I seen this beauty on my kindle and decided to give it a shot and I’m glad I did. I enjoyed learning about the roles in the vampire world and learning about them.

My only regret is not checking if I had the next book on my kindle (which I don’t) and now I’ll have to wait, Damn it lol.
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
3.5 Looking Forward to this Series- Stars

"The steps I'm sitting on are beginning to crumble, steep stones the color of blood. The house is getting old. The first step in matching the family that calls it home."

I can honestly say I'm looking very much forward to read this new vampire series! Twelve vampire houses rule over and alongside the humans, each of the houses been having for the past hundreds of years a Scion - a human that fights and stands side by side with the houses and its Prince/
Once
Oct 27, 2015 added it
This novella was a bit too short for me to be able to give it a rating. I need more!!!

It seems like it could be a good storyline.

One thing I will tell you is that I LOVE the cover.

- Yara
Shanna Matheo
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
An okay intro to the series. Although not all the ins and outs clear yet, we atleast get the "Why" of the premise.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I usually have a hard time getting into novellas, but that I was not the case with this novella. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it. I thought the world was unique and interesting. I definitely want to learn more about it.

Some of the characters and their relationships with each other were a little hard to keep up with, so I wish that would have been explained a little bit better. At times, I felt like I was drowning in information overload, but I understood that the author had to give
Katherina [Book-o-Craze]
Originally posted on Book-o-Craze, on a tour hosted by InkSlinger Blogger.

I hadn't read a book featuring vampires for quite some time, as a conscious choice. I thought that everything was already said, and wasn't really able to find anything original in many stories.

But this short story made me re-evaluate!
A whole world was made by the author, with different houses and ranks of vampires. All this was explained right at the beginning, so it was fairly easy for me to keep up with who was who and t
Crina (Reading Addict)
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have a very big and soft spot for books and series about and with vampires, especially when they sound and look really good and original. And this one has awesome covers and very intriguing and promising synopsises, so when I was asked if I wanted to review the novella how could I say no?

I had a very good time reading this novella but also I was very sad at the end - because is so short. It's not the first novella that I read and in my opinion it was a bit too short and maybe stopped a bit too
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
This is a free prequel and tiny tbh, it introduces us to the Scion Legacy series and it really made me want to read The Blood Scion. Could use a little more detail and time on the world building but still a good introduction to the series.
J. Kahele
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
So this is the second book I have read about vampires within the last two weeks. I have avoided vampire books, because quite honestly, they are glamorized too much. But I am glad that I did not stay away from this book. This author is an amazing writer, world builder and masterfully crafted realistic characters in a fantasy, fiction book. I really enjoyed the story and will be reading more from this author.
Sa
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Promising storyline, interesting characters.I especially liked that the girl, Farley, didn't gawk, drool, gape or get flustered at the sight of these male vampires like mcs usually do.She only wanted to get away like any sensible person would when faced with predatory creatures.But even though this is a novella I wish it had a proper end as it would have been more satisfying.
Holly
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie
First posted at Words Fueled by Love.

For a freebie novella, which was recommended to read before reading book one in the series, this short 62 pages was enough to wet my appetite in the vampire genre again.

As the Goodreads summary says, there are 12 vampire houses which are the 12 vampire lines, each house with a patriarch and then a hierarchy of other vampires. Each house may include blood princes and/or princesses, blood knights, a blade, and a scion. This story is about Octavian, a vampire wh
Ethan Gregory
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*****
My Thoughts:

Nearly two years and about two dozen posts later, you guys all know by now that I love me some Nazarea Andrews. Everything this woman writes is golden. Having just finished one of my favorite series earlier this year, I really didn't know what to expect from Andrews. Little did I know she'd be tackling my favorite paranormal trope ever: vampires.

Oh hell yes.

I love novellas. I know some people don't and
Malissa
There isn't too much to say about this because it is a pretty quick read. This is a novella to prep readers for the first full length book in the Scion Legacy Series and it is a fantastic start! After reading this I can not wait to get my hands on the first full book.

Nazarea Andrews writes us into a whole new world where vampires and humans are, I wouldn't say co-exsisting, but fully aware of each other. After a disease begins to sweep through the human race the 12 vampire houses have to make t
Lara
To be fair I'm not going to leave a rating on this one. I'm not sure how I would. It took me a while to even think how to be fair and review it and I'll explain why. To be clear I did not DNF or dislike it.

The Scionless House is labeled as a Novella and a prequel to The Blood Scion (The Scion Legacy #1). TSH was four chapters. Four. That was it. I'm not sure that even equals a Novelette so much as a sample of a book. There were a few things that were a bit unclear for me, some of which are expla
Sara Miller
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adore stories about Vampires. Okay so my obsession started with J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series and has branched out from there. When I found out that Nazarea was starting a new series about Vampires I knew I was in for a treat and this book does not disappoint.
It has a few new twists on the classic Vampire legends which I loved. Anytime an author changes it up with some new twists that I haven't already read a hundred times I'm excited

If you are a newcomer to Nazarea's work then
Tessa Escalera
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 of 5 stars

Two things about this review. One, I've just finished reading a couple of pretty crappy books, so maybe I'm just a bit giddy over finally getting to read something written by someone who knows how to write. And two, I'm normally a YA girl or if I read adult-ier fiction, it's the lighter type. I read between dealing with young children, so my attention span is fairly short by default.

Anyway, on to the review!

Amazing world building. This is vampires as they should be, complex and mys
Lindsay
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve really been struggling with how to write a review about this story. I mean, it’s such a brief look into this world that there isn’t much I can say without giving away major plot points. I will say that it’s the perfect place to start before the series kicks in. The foundation is being laid, giving a look into the house hierarchy, the characters and their dynamics. I’m so excited to find out the history behind all of this tension, and to meet the characters that have only been mentioned in p ...more
Holly Baker
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Scionless House is a really short but informative look into the brand new series by one of my Ultimate Authors, Nazarea Andrews!

Throughout her previous series and standalones, I've fallen in love with a rocker, fought zombies, watched BFF's try to get away with murder, and became a part of the modern day love story of Peter Pan and Wendy, with a twist! Now it's time to get mixed up with vampires, and I cannot wait!!!

I loved the first look we got at The Scion Legacy series in this novella. It
Movies, Shows,
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Note: This review contains NO spoilers

What a tease! This prequel novella to The Scion Legacy Series gave readers just enough to get us hooked! Nazarea Andrews wrote an intriguing beginning to this series with mysterious characters; yet, in this novella, we read enough character development to deem this story has many deep layers to each of the characters that intersect each other that created a cohesive storyline that is yet to be revealed. I
also loved the "royal" hierarchy of vampires concept.
Stephenie
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
The Scionless House is a short novella that is a prequel in The Scion Legacy. For such a short novella it does a great job of building an incredible world with lots of mystery and intrigue. It's a great introduction to a new vampire world that truly captures you from the very beginning. Just as I was getting in to it, it ends and leaves you wanting more.

I love vampire books that have a history behind the story. The twelve different houses and vampire lines. The hierarchy can take awhile for you
Rustys
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it

Interesting and left me wanting more; way too short.

Vampires and humans living together after a plague like
Illness almost wiped out the human race.
Since the vampire race require blood to survive, they had
no choice but to reveal themselves and offer up a solution
to end the virus.

Introduction to the different houses, class/rank/laws
and the hierarchy of the vamps.
A human, Farley Hart enters into the story and I’m guessing

Scionless House 2 photo 44.jpg

she’ll play a major role in the full novel The Blood Scion that
rele
Moon Love
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excerpt from this series was posted somewhere on the internet. I read it and immediately added it to my reading lists and wish lists. I don't read much paranormal and there was something about this series that really caught my attention.

I really liked how this prequel set the stage for the book that is to come. There's a great build up of tension in this installment. I really liked the mix of dystopian and paranormal and how they worked together to capture me.

I read this prequel in a short
The BookWhisperer
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-to-review
Confession Time: I am madly in love with this series already and with the wonderful Nazarea Andrews!

I don’t think that there is an author out there who has captured my attention so quickly in just 62 pages.

As we all know, I LOVE everything that Nazarea writes and The Scionless House is no exception! It’s just 62 pages and I found myself hooked and wanting the next book immediately in my grubby little hands. I already know that this series has so much potential and the fact that it is coming fro
Miranda
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Ashley  Hayes
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, that was way too short for my liking!! I love paranormal romance especially vampires and this book just cemented that into my mind a little more. This is a PREQUEL to the next book and I like that this came out first rather than 5 books into the series. There are some series that do that and it makes me nuts. LOL

I love how the author paints the picture of how her world works and how everything works within it. I had a feeling when I started this novella that I was going to be pissed when
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
This is a short novella that starts the new series The Scion Legacy.  It gives a lot of great background on the vampire houses, hierarchy within the houses and how the Raven House (House Cantelie) has been affected by the loss of their Scion.  The Raven's Blade, Tavian, is the "enforcer" of the Raven House and the son of the patriarch Patroclus.  As the Blade, his main job was to protect their Scion, Calissa but she was assassinated while Tavian wasn't close enough to save her.  He is now on a m ...more
Alexandra
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This short novella introduces us to the world of this new book by Nazarea Andrews. Bold in trying many different genres, from zombies to contemporary stories the author uses a different world for the vampires.
Althought not many details are given, Nazarea has given quite enough information, explaining everything in the vampire world and families.
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.

The Scion Legacy (1 books)
  • The Blood Scion (The Scion Legacy #1)