Start by marking “Crimson Cove (Crimson Cove #1)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Cove (Crimson Cove #1)

Crimson Cove

(Crimson Cove #1)

Ten years ago Janiver stole a kiss from the meanest boy in school.

He never forgot.

Senior year.

One minute before the tardy bell rang, Bane Illes would slip through the door.

He never smiled.

He never spoke.

Each day, that dark, dangerous boy gave Janiver Benoit a glance. And when she could not take another quiet stare, or the warmth that look sent over her skin, she took
Paperback, 1st Edition, 274 pages
Published January 26th 2016 by CreateSpace (first published December 31st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Cove

Start your review of Crimson Cove (Crimson Cove #1)
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

description

Eden Butler tells the tale of a witch named Janiver “Jani” Benoit, whose gift is finding lost things. She had left her family and community ten years prior because of a mending event that happened between her and destined lover, Bane Illes. Bane’s memories of the mending have been blocked since her social ranking makes her not an acceptable match for him.

”Don’t go poking, Bane. Not all secrets need telling.”

Jani’s gift is needed in finding a stolen artifact that is essential to Cri
Patrycja

Release Date: 31 December, 2015
Rating: 3.5 stars - 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I love reading PNR books, but I do it rarely these days. Mostly because the newest releases in this genre don't sound good to me or if they do the authors decide to write them in 3rd POV. And I hate reading in third person (bummer!). Fortunately, Crimson Cove not only caught my attention with its premise but was written in heroine's
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Two children are drawn to each other and without knowing why, they are pulled apart and watched carefully. Ten years passes and they are each trying to make their lives work, that is, until he shows up at her door needing her help.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but I was pleasantly surprised with this book. Yes, at times, it felt a bit rushed and some things could've used more explaining but for a standalone book, I think E.B. did a great job.

Bane and Janiver are both witches...the problem
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via As the Pages Turn in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

“Sometimes the melding comes through a friendship so kindred that the bond is timeless, and restlessness…joining paramours can never be severed.”

A little hard and confusing to get into at first-- with all of the new magic concepts and explanations of who and what is what-- I REALLY LOVED this fresh, innovative, and out of the box concept of a modern romance with a dark, ethereal twist.

As you can alread
Ophelia's Book Blog
description

I don't know how to rate it! I don't know how to feel about it I don't know anything!! I'm confused as hell I enjoyed it so much, the writing was fantastic but the transition between memories and the present was confusing I don't know I want to give the love story and the swoony hero 5 stars but the execution was messed UP and confusing. Damn it could have been soooo good it still is good and I loved it and I would reread it but I'd be scared to recommend it. :( I want the author to go through i
Kristy
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this a few days ago, I've found it difficult just what to write for this review. I will try to put to words just how WICKED this book was. 'Crimson Cove' is my first ever Eden Butler book, shocking yes I know, but what a start for me. I went in very unsure what to expect & within the first chapter I was enthralled with Janiver & Bane. From the very start I became addicted to what I was reading, I do FLOVE paranormal books & 'Crimson Cove' just added to my paranormal genre addi ...more
Mara
Sep 11, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
3.5
I read this book by chance, as it happened to have the same title of a UF I was looking for. But what a difference. This was a very nice surprise, a romance that had substantial weight in the UF setting. (The other title was utterly flat, as this was not.)
 ღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Linathebookaddictღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
A story about magic and a sizzling couple! I am not a big fan of paranormal books, but if the writing is great and the characters speak to me, I turn to adore the genre.

At first I found it hard to get into the book because of the very unique writing style but once I was finally able to tell what was going on, I loved it. We get an intelligent witch and a brooding wizard. A town where magic resides and very unpredictable twists and turns! This book will take you on a wild ride.

If you want somethi
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Could have been a lot better, Janiver sacrificed her love for a stupid reason.

TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠
I'm at 77% and I'm giving up.

The writing is so flowery and overly descriptive that at nearly 80% through, almost nothing at all has actually happened. The author seemed to be so concerned with with being wordy and describing every feeling and sensation yet often never bothered to note the little important details that give you an idea of where and when.

Things like a large group of people together then all of a sudden the two MCs are having a private conversation, seemingly in the middle of all
Nicole Collins
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What wonderful characters and amazing storyline. Action packed and full of drama, what more could a girl ask for in a story. I highly recommend this story to others.
Moon
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars!

Wow. I knew Eden Butler could write contemporary romance with angst, passion, and heart touching emotions. I should've known she'd being her writing talents to paranormal romance. Crimson Cove was everything I'd hoping it be; passionate, angsty, hot, and even emotional. It was a page turner I couldn't put down.

The best thing about this book for me was Bane, Janiver, and their chemistry. The book is told from Janiver's point of view, so how we see Bane and get to know him is through he
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I wanted to read Crimson Cove as soon as I read the synopsis and the fact that it was paranormal made me even more excited to for it! And I have to say that I've never read a paranormal romance quite like the one that Ms. Butler has written. Granted, not everything was new to me like the witches, wizards, and weres (Oh, my! I couldn't resist *grins*) but even they and pretty much everything else can't be classified as ordinary or normal. Crimson Cove is one unique story and I'm so glad I got to ...more
Jennifer Pierson
I used to only read paranormal romance, but then I went to contemporary leaving those paranormal stories in the past. Luckily, I've come across some very talented authors writing them so the addiction has been ignited all over again, and Eden Butler was absolutely one of them who has added to it with Forgotten Magic. I don't want to get into many details since I know for a fact that going in blindly is the best way to go so you feel the absolute awe that I did. Janiver aka Jani, is a tough cooki ...more
Lori West
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
FAITHFUL EDEN BUTLER FAN!

I have been lucky to have read everything Ms Butler has written. Her personality shines through whatever she writes. I was over the moon excited when she decided to write a paranormal romance.

I was no disappointed. Unique, fast paced, awesome hero and heroine! I always get a kick ass female character out of her work. Love that!!!

Read and enjoy!!
Tina
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tina ~Bookaliciousbabes blog

What a Wonderful first paranormal adventure for Eden Butler. There was a great mix of witches, wizards, and shifters. A lot of mystery and angst. Definitely a one click read.

Janiver and Bane go back to childhood. He was always there scaring everyone away from her with just a glance. She felt a pull to this man of few words. One day, she let her guard down and they had a moment that bound them together, but then realized it was a mistake. She was a low class witch and
Liljerk22
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Crimson Cove is a new novel by Eden Butler. It is told through the main character Janiver's POV.

Ten years ago Jani left her home, Crimson Cove, to escape something she did; someone she could never have. One phone call from her brother, and an unexpected visitor, has her going back to try to save her kind and to try to save her family's name. Little does she know she herself, and the one she was never supposed to have, might be saved in the process as well.

Crimson Cove was a fantastic read! I
Amber Bryant
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sexual tension between the main characters in Forgotten Magic made me devour this book. Add in a magical plotline filled with danger and suspense and you have yourself the makings of one hell of a paranormal romance!
Our main man, Bane is a towering, powerful, tattooed wizard--if that description isn’t enough to draw you in, Jani’s intimate thoughts about him certainly will. Jani doesn’t want to go back to her hometown but she’s the only person with the magical skillset needed to solve a hug
Zeia Jameson
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I am not much for paranormal reading, but every now and then, I find one that makes me a lover of the genre. Crimson Cove is one of those books! This is Eden Butler's first paranormal novel and my first read of Butler's writing. But, I must admit that I loved every single word and I cannot wait to read more of her books!
The story of Crimson Cove is structured perfectly, giving you an absolute obsessive page turning experience. I could not put it down! Her main characters, as well
She Hearts Books
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jani has to go home to Crimson Cove to help find an important artifact that was taken and will create havoc in their magical world. She hasn't been back in years because of a moment when she stole a kiss from the one she would love forever, but never have in her life. When she left Jani took his memory of that moment, but everything changes when Bain comes back into her life. She has to face the danger of her quest and also of losing herself to Bain again.

I loved Jani. She's strong and sassy an
Darlene
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Secrets, deceit and lies abound in this engaging paranormal book that features the families of Crimson Cove. Janiver left the Cove ten years earlier and went to the city where she (mostly) forgot about her abilities as a witch, leaving the boy she could never have, Bane, in her wake. Ten years later when something happens in the Cove that needs Jani's unique ability to solve, she finds Bane on her doorstep.

Going home is never easy, yet Eden managed to weave an awesome story that lets the reader
Karin Gesell
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me enthralled from the very beginning right to the end. I love the magical world Eden Butler created. And fell in love with the cast of characters, most especially Bane & Janiver. While Jani was a fascinating & a tough woman, who held secrets close to her heart, Bane was power & mystery, easy to get lost in. Their connection was inescapable and while trying to deal with that, they are looking for lost magic and evil doers and hierarchies. I totally loved this book 😍. I cant wait fo ...more
LLS
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a magical story full of suspense and danger. The battle of good and evil with Bane and Jani at the front and center. The chemistry between the two burned brightly as they worked together to eradicate the problems facing them and their world. The other cast of characters surrounding them made for a well constructed book. I am looking forward to reading more!

Thank you for the privilege of reading this book! Well done ❤️
Rebecca Waldron
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magically wonderful!

Wow! What a great, great read! Beautifully written, with great characters, and a well thought-out story line. I laughed, and got teary eyed. Sexy, without too much detailed sex, that still has you hot. I will read more by this author, as this is my first read by her. Great book!
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a good paranormal romance, and for me that requires having some new twist in the world that I haven't seen before. Crimson Cove relies on elemental energy and magic as it's basis, and Eden Butler does a good job of creating a world that has an interesting twist to the rules governing wizards, witches and shifters who are the major players in this world.

The book opens with Janiver. She's on a self-imposed exile from her coven and family, for the last ten years. There are hints that this wa
Christie72 (Devilishly Delicious Book Reviews)
Great paranormal romance from Eden Butler! It has been a long time since I’ve read a paranormal romance, and Eden Butler made me realize how much I missed them and why I loved reading them in the first place.

Jani comes from a long line of witches in her hometown of Crimson Cove. She always had a bond with the powerful wizard Bane, but all that changed when she left her hometown and turned her back on her family and Bane after a secret threatens to tear her apart. She thinks she has put that par
Kat Turner
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Wow. Damn. Talk about a stunning, gorgeous paranormal romance. I'm in awe of this book and certain that this is one of those rare stories that will stay with me for a long, long time.

I was spellbound by Forgotten Magic from the first page onward and couldn't put it down. The lush, lyrical prose hooked me instantly, becoming inextricably bound with the emotional heartbeat of the story thanks to Ms. Butler's supreme mastery of the craft. Every element pulsed in captivating tandem, from the exempl
Bridgett
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

A story of secrets, deceit, love and family that will keep you on the edge of your seat! This is my first Eden Butler book and I absolutely loved it! It’s a fast paced paranormal story with plenty of action and suspense. I loved both Jani and Bane and couldn’t help but hope they ended up together. They have awesome chemistry and just fit perfectly with each other.

Ten years ago, Jani’s father coerced her into doing something that she didn’t want to do by convincing her it was “the right
Naarah
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well for her first paranormal book I have to say Eden Butler did an awesome job. I have to say I've missed reading paranormal books and Eden's managed to pull me right back into the wonderful world of magic and wares . The story takes place in Crimson Cove and is of two lovers who should not be or so the Elders of the Covens say. Janiver/ Jani and Bane have had chemistry since they were young but he's destined to be clan leader and she's... well... not even close to the same class. Jani finds he ...more
Mai Linh
I am usually afraid of paranormal romances, but this one was a great surprise. When I first opened the book, I prayed that it is not going to be similar to Twilight. It was much much better!

Bane is arrogant, no surprise there, with his great looks, power and money. Janiver (I love this name) is tough, a bit broken, yet strong. I admire my strong female characters! The story of Jani and Bane intrigued me right from the beginning, their love story was a mystery that I needed to solve. And it was
« previous 1 3 next »

• False Dawn (Ageless Mysteries #2)
  • Deadly Night (Ageless Mysteries, #1)
  • Forgotten Magic (Stolen Magic Book 1)
  • Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data
  • Mind over Magic (A Witch in Wolf Wood, #1)
  • Black Arts, White Craft (Black Hat Bureau, #2)
  • Morning Trap (Ageless Mysteries, #3)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1)
  • Sin Eater
  • Tainted (The Taellaneth, #4)
  • Betrayed (The Taellaneth, #3)
  • Taellaneth Complete Series (Books 1-5)
  • Revealed (The Taellaneth, #2)
  • Concealed (The Taellaneth, #1)
  • Magic Touch (The Legacy #2)
  • The Rising Wave (The Rising Wave #0.5)
  • The Turncoat King (The Rising Wave #1)
See top shelves…

Eden Butler is a writer of contemporary, fantasy, and romantic suspense novels and the nine-times great-granddaughter of an honest-to-God English pirate. This could explain her affinity for rule breaking and rum.

When she's not writing or wondering about her possibly Jack Sparrowesque ancestor, Eden patiently waits for her Hogwarts letter, reads, and spends too much time in her garden perfectin