Start by marking “The Bourbon Thief” as Want to Read:
The Bourbon Thief

The Bourbon Thief

From the internationally celebrated author of the Original Sinners series comes a brand-new tale of betrayal, revenge and a family scandal that bore a 150-year-old mystery

When Cooper McQueen wakes up from a night with a beautiful stranger, it's to discover he's been robbed. The only item stolen—a million-dollar bottle of bourbon. The thief, a mysterious woman named Paris,
Published June 28th 2016 by MIRA

Candace
Another fantastic story by Ms. Reisz! I love her 'Original Sinners' series and I was curious to see how she would do with such a different type of story. While many authors struggle with making this type of a transition, choosing to stick to the same genres and writing similar stories, Ms. Reisz transitioned flawlessly.

'The Bourbon Thief' is storytelling at it's best. I was completely enraptured with this story from start to finish. The narrator for the Audible edition was fabulous, adding a ri
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! The Bourbon Thief (stand-alone). Epic family saga about an impossible love & the end of a bourbon empire!

“And fate is just another name for a train that cannot stop until it reaches its final destination.”

The Bourbon Thief (stand-alone) is an epic family saga of how a bourbon empire came to be no more. After being caught stealing a million-dollar bottle of bourbon from Cooper McQueen the mysterious Paris claims the bottle is rightfully hers.

And so we are swept back four decades
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 *Unforgettable* STARS

”A family with bourbon in it’s blood, and blood on their hands.”

description

Everything Tiffany Reisz writes is captivating and this standalone that spans generations is no exception. Fans of the author will inhale this intense page turner while new to the author readers should give this a go if the size of the Sinner Series and/or subject manner of the series has held them back. This story played out so vividly with heartbreak, suspense and mystery while unveiling slowly the fate o
✦❋Arianna✦❋
5 Stars!!

description

"Fate was a train that didn’t stop until it reached its final destination."

'The Bourbon Thief' was pure and simply captivating. This story was so different from what I had expected and from what I’ve read before, but I can’t complain because I totally loved it. From beginning until the end, I was mesmerized by its quality, by its originality and by its complexity. Mrs. Reisz delivered a tale about secrets, revenge and lies that will blow you away. Filled with suspense, mystery and r
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

"As long as nobody gets hurt and it doesn't spook the horses, do what you want and keep the details to yourself."

Tiffany Reisz yet again delivers an enchanting and haunting tale of love and family, and how family legacy can affect one's fate. The Bourbon Thief begins when a man named Cooper spends the night with a femme fatale named Paris, and wakes up to discover she tried to steal a million dollar bottle of bourbon from him. When he confronts her, she tells him the tale of the do
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
★It's LIVE! Amazon US * Amazon UK
(Spoiler Free Review posted 28th June)

The BOURBON THIEF is pure brilliance.
“...they were born to be together.”

An enchanting tale of betrayal, secrets, lies, revenge, mystery, and scandal. Tiffany Reisz once again captured my imagination, engaging me in the world of THE BOURBON THIEF and a 150 year old mystery. The scandalous tale of Tamara Maddox, heiress to the bourbon empire, is at the heart of this tale and unravels at the hands of Paris as she slowly reve
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tiffany Reisz Fans
5 and Counting for Storytelling at Its Finest Stars
* * * * * plus
IT'S LIVE!!!
Everything we learn and know has come from storytelling in one form or another...It can be institutionalized and carried out through organizations or can be whispered while on the knee of your Granny....My point is all of us are storytellers of varying degrees and we do it every day.

Yet, when we come across someone who has that knack of relaying an experience... of holding everyone in the palm of their hand...all s
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **bourbon and blood** STARS

“The Truth is like bourbon - it’ll burn going down.”

WOW, just wow. What a book. In some ways a complete departure from the authors previous work and yet uniquely recognizable. I love Tiffany Reisz and once again she delivered a captivating story; with suspense, mysteries, so many secrets and such excellent writing. Truly gripping. I read it in one sitting, for the life of me I wasn't able to put it down.

So, about the story. I’m not sure if I even want to give awa
Julie
The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz is a 2016 MIRA publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have not read any books by this author, was totally unfamiliar with her work, having chosen this book based solely on the synopsis. Since this book is SO good, I decided to see what other novels, this author may have written….

Okay, I can’t really see myself reading any of Tiffany’s previous titles, but if she writes anymore books li
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
NOW LIVE! http://amzn.to/28XwFio

Excerpt--> http://www.tiffanyreisz.com/the-bourb...

description

"And bourbon's like the truth, you know? The first taste burns, but once you get used to it, it's the only thing you want in your mouth."

After I finished reading this, a friend asked me how it was.
Was there a happy ending? She asked.
Was it dark?
What genre is it?

I had no idea how to answer any of those questions.

Was it a happy ending? Yes. No. Sort of?

Was it dark? Yes. No. Sort of? I wouldn't call it d
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5-5 STARS

"They call bourbon the honest spirit.."

Such an interesting, mysterious and mesmerizing story. I never doubt Tiffany Reisz and her storytelling ability, she has yet to let me down. I went into this one, sure that I would find yet another amazing book and I was right!! She has done it again with this captivating and unique story! Her stories always inspire me. I adore her way of telling stories, they completely captivate you, and leave you thinking about her books, long after you reac
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 No One Does It Better Than Tiffany Reisz Stars
 photo image_zpskzkug9pf.jpeg

A story within a story with a possibility of another story. The masterful mind of Tiffany Reisz does it like no other. The Bourbon Thief is told as a story from the past, a past intertwined with the present. The past is needed in order to obtain the first bottle ever made of Red Thread Bourbon. A bottle significant to rectifying past sins. But in order for a mysterious black woman named Paris to get that bottle, she must tell the owner of the bot
Alessandra Torre
Awesome read. It's like a gothic love story. It jumps from past to present as it unfolds the story.

I discovered Tiffany Reisz through the Original Sinners series. This was VERY different but a rich and entertaining read. Not erotic, just a great story.
warhawke
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like rich story telling. And bourbon drinkers lol!
Genre: General Fiction
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Cooper McQueen had a love affair with bourbon. As a proud bar owner, he was looking to expand into distillery and had his eyes on the iconic Red Thread bourbon company which ownership is a mystery. One fateful night, a beautiful woman in red lured him into his bed, only to disappear with his prized bottled of the original Red Thread by morning.

Paris Christie only had one thing on her mind – to avenge for her family. And the bottle of
Elle
4.5* Levi, mon capitan STARS!!

Review @ Midnight Romance
She tasted of apples and bourbon when he kissed her and she was right—it did burn, but once he had his first taste, she was all he wanted in his mouth.

Tiffany Reisz is already in my heart forever and my TOP author since TOS series. She always create kick-ass feisty heroine paired up with alpha smart-ass hero. As always, Ms. Reisz gave us something thrilling and engaging in her story.

Before we start:

Divided by past and present from 3rd P
CC
5++ Stars!

description

Paris knows who owns the first bottle of Red Thread Bourbon and she executes a plan to steal it from Cooper McQueen. He is an easy mark but as her scheme reveals itself, Paris has a compelling story to tell and it will render Cooper speechless and possibly one million dollars lighter in the currency of bourbon.

“You must really want that bottle.” “I don’t want it, no. But I need it.”

Tamara Maddox is a precocious teenager who lives a gilded existence on her Grandaddy’s sprawling Ke
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“You’re the only thing I still love from before. You’re the only thing I love that I’ve always loved.”

Not many authors can blow my mind quite so effectively with every single book they write, but when it comes to Tiffany Reisz, I eagerly submit my mind to her every word, knowing her superb prose will never fail to impress me and hold me captive cover to cover. So different yet immediately recognisable in her inimitable style of storytelling, this book is an alluring tale of revenge and decei
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Miss. Reisz just set the bar even higher. It's just that she competes with herself to delivery the best of the best she can; every time she publishes a novel.

She will always be my No.1 Author. An honest to God, super talented author who delivers something amazing and totally mind fucking every time. I loved loved loved loved loved this book.

READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T BECAUSE TRUST ME, ONCE YOU GO DOWN HER ROAD, THERE IS NO COMING BACK.

She enchants readers with her mesmerizing writing. Her novels
Mo
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

I have read other books by Ms Reisz and really enjoyed them. I enjoyed this one too ... maybe not as much as the Original Sinners series. Great storytelling, original plot and characters. Fast paced. Never gets boring.

"My grandfather had a dark sense of humor where the Catholic Church was concerned."

"Don't feel bad," she said. "You're not the only one with rock fences around you. Built by the same people, too, as a matter of fact."
"Irish immigrant stonemasons hired by my great-grand
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Cooper McQueen is a 45-year-old Kentucky Billionaire.
He's been married, divorced, has kids.
But now he's enjoying life and everything it has to offer.

And when this gorgeous dark girl in a red dress shows up in his bar, he just can't resist.

But it's not really him she wants.
She wants his treasured 1-million-dollar bottle of RED THREAD bourbon.
The first ever distilled bottle of the famous bourbon company. A company that died in a fire in 1980.

And what does the mysterious Paris have to do with it?
Sh
~IreneOust~
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though I had a hard time connecting with the characters at times because of a 'story within a story' way this book was told, I still enjoyed this original and superbly well written tale enough to rate it 5 stars.

And I know nothing has been said/planned [unless I missed it] but the ending was left wide open for the author to continue with the story, should she decide ... and I am kind of hoping she does ... eventually. Because I'd love to see more of Cooper McQueen.

Cheers!

photo amazon_zpszg0ubwvv.png
Aestas Book Blog
OMG!!! I want to read this!!!!

A new standalone novel coming in 2016...

A forbidden love affair between a teenaged bourbon fortune heiress and the illegitimate son who should have inherited it all and the dark family secret that threatens to tear them apart...

The Bourbon Thief is a story of revenge, betrayal, lust, and bourbon inspired by real events in Kentucky history.
"The truth is like bourbon - it'll burn going down."

Tiffany Reisz couldn’t have picked a more perfect time to release her newest novel The Bourbon Thief. In a time of racial stress and a struggle for human empathy and understanding in America, this book of fiction contributes much needed perspective in my opinion. It shows examples of white privilege, the frustrations of persons of color who live a never-ending history of being viewed/treated differently, and it offers a necessary perspectiv
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz
5 stars!!

“The Maddoxes have bourbon in their blood—and blood in their bourbon.”

Tiffany Reisz is one of my favourite authors, her Original Sinners series is one of my staple favourites and a series that will have a permanent place in my heart. So when it was announced that she was releasing something totally different I was hesitant, would I love it? Well, the answer is a resounding YES! This story was perfection.

“Love is simply the name of the desire and t
TeriLyn

**The Bourbon Thief generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

5+++ "Now, that was a story." Stars

As intoxicating as the drink itself, The Bourbon Thief entranced me from beginning to end. No surprise when it comes to this gifted author. A story of great love and great loss laced with revenge and mystery. Tiffany Reisz creates yet another world where her readers become entranced and enthralled with a being a part of it. We're drunk off the story as she'
♥Rachel♥
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
The Bourbon Thief was a power and riveting story with lies, murder, betrayal, and passion.

Paris spends the night with Cooper McQueen and attempts to steal the last known bottle of Red Thread Bourbon, a bottle worth a million dollars. Caught in the act, Paris has no choice but to tell him why, and she spends the night telling him a tale of the past: haunting, sad, sensual, and triumphant. A tale that had Cooper on the edge of his seat. A tale that had me on the edge of my seat.

I think it’s best
*TANYA*
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book!!! Very original plot. I struggled at first with this book, it didn't hold my interest so I shelved it. I really regret it now because it was full of twists and turns. The secrets kept and the deceit!!!! Argh!! The author did a great job with this book.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of family saga with revenge story
Shelves: the-bests
The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz

5 “incredible family saga” stars

In two words: terribly beautiful.

When the girls on Natasha is a Book Junkie FB group asked who was game for a Bourbon Thief ‘s group read I did not hesitate. A good friend had gifted the book and it was already on my Kindle. I had seen many good reviews and I was intrigued. What was all the fuss about?

Well know I know why this book made the buzz.

Take a good narrator, a pinch of history, two spoons of slavery and a whole pint of r
Beatrix
You can’t sell people.

A story was born when a girl with a red thread in her hair was raped and sold.

Storytelling is most definitely Tiffany Reisz’s strongest suit. I was completely captivated with the story. The first chapter was nothing special honestly (exactly what the blurb says), but then the story of Tamara Maddox begins and you are under its spell. Around 20% mark was the big shock, I was honestly stunned, but then I remembered - this is Tiffany Reisz after all, you should expect so
Babydimps (Suzy)
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well, that was awesome!

I’ve never read a Tiffany Reisz book. I’ve been wanting to read this for a long time and I’m so glad that I did. There was something about the synopsis of this one that grabbed me. I do love a family saga that is full of greed, secrets and scandal! Who doesn’t?!

There’s a little bit of everything in this book: history, romance, mystery and suspense. The author does a fantastic job of telling the tale about the Maddox family. It’s a multi-generational story tha

• Captivated
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • The Forever Broken (The Broken #2.6)
  • This is Me, Baby (War & Peace, #5)
  • Beats of Life
  • Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8)
  • All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4)
  • Made (Sempre, #0.4)
  • Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)
  • Julian - Dark Angel Series Companion Novella
  • Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)
  • The Waltz (Sexual Awakenings, #1)
  • Emancipation Proclamation
Tiffany Reisz is the USA Today-bestselling author of the Romance Writers of America RITA®-winning Original Sinners series from Harlequin's Mira Books.

Born in Owensboro, Kentucky, Tiffany graduated from Centre College with a B.A. in English. She began her writing career while a student at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury Theological Seminary. After leaving seminary to focus on her fiction, she wrote The
“We tell ourselves lies to survive when we know the truth will kill us.” 8 likes
“How are you going to get revenge against dead people? Dig ’em up and stake ’em through the heart?”
“I asked myself that same question, and I think I know the answer. You destroy what they loved, and you love what they destroyed.”
5 likes